PDA

View Full Version : Halftime Adjustments

Hardcore Texan
09-12-2010, 01:12 PM
I am going to the store for beer. What are you're halftime adjustments?

PockyAF
09-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Step 1 - Grab thumb.

Step 2 - Pull thumb out of ass.

Step 3 - ???

Step 4 - profit.

Hardcore Texan
09-12-2010, 01:22 PM
To be serious, we need our D to keep up the intensity level, they have done very keeping the ponie corrall'd. Offense needs to be a little less predcitable. And get more efficient in the RZ (duh, right?).

brakos82
09-12-2010, 01:26 PM
wrong thread.

DexmanC
09-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Texans have a very pass-happy gameplan going, and are leaving Andre
Johnson out of it. If they're gonna throw the ball so much, you can't
continue to use Dre as a decoy.

They should have run the ball a lot more than they already have, ESPECIALLY
with a two-score lead on the Colts.

GP
09-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Well, I wouldn't let the Colts start a drive at midfield. That's one thing.

If we don't score, we gotta' find a way to eat the clock (at least!) and then punt the ball and make Peyton start at their own 20-or-less.

All our focus has to be on forcing early throws by Manning. The defensive line is doing its job. Our LBers are missing easy open field tackles on Addai. Our CBs are playing sloppy and late on the receivers. Our safeties are doing well enough to compensate, but still carrying too much of the load right now.

Offense: We have not gone Owen Daniels since the one time early in the game near the end zone, am I correct? Is that saying something about his knee? Or is it just the way things are going? I would love to see Dreesen out there right now. I know OD is a man, but we need a TE to make things unpredictable.

(Sigh)

This is where I fear Kubiak is in over his head, folks. Is he going to do things to make a real impact, or is it just the same old story of thinking we can do what we do and don't have to alter anything?

Matt Schaub has got to have zero mistakes for the rest of the game. Manning knows he's in a fight, and Schaub better know that he's in a fight, too.

Thorn
09-12-2010, 01:45 PM
From what I've seen so far, it looks like another opening day loss to me.

Unless the defense keeps knocking Manning down and the Schaub/AJ connection starts working, we are looking at 0-1 again. I hope not, but it's what I see.

playa465
09-12-2010, 01:50 PM
This is where we need the payers to step and play a full 60 minutes of football. This is also the time where Kubiak needs to step us his game in managing the game. The players looked confused towards the end of the half, its the coaches job to settle them down

HJam72
09-12-2010, 03:17 PM
I say we just manhandle their D and get Foster about 230 yards for the game. :)

By the way, we NEED a Foster avatar, ASAP.

kcdoubleeagle
09-12-2010, 03:20 PM
I think we should have Vonta Leach knock the piss out of the Colts while opening up huge holes for our stud running back!

Hardcore Texan
09-12-2010, 03:28 PM
This is where we need the payers to step and play a full 60 minutes of football. This is also the time where Kubiak needs to step us his game in managing the game. The players looked confused towards the end of the half, its the coaches job to settle them down

Well, they did just that, they came out and dominated the 2nd half. It was nice to see. :texflag:

GP
09-12-2010, 03:36 PM
I say we just manhandle their D and get Foster about 230 yards for the game. :)

By the way, we NEED a Foster avatar, ASAP.

Wow. You nailed it, man.

ziggy29
09-12-2010, 03:37 PM
I am going to the store for beer. What are you're halftime adjustments?

You do realize you're going out beer every halftime this season now, right?