PDA

View Full Version : ESPN mentions that Ed Hochuli's crew will be working the game

Stemp
09-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Manning might not be at the total comfort level with the location of umpire Chad Brown, who will work with Ed Hochuli's crew in this game. Brown is a longtime umpire known for standing on the defensive line and absorbing plenty of hits through the years.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&page=1stand10/10week01

Does anyone else despise this roid head ref as much as I do?

Texan_Bill
09-10-2010, 02:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&page=1stand10/10week01

Ummmmm, :thinking: that would be a resounding YES! I hate Mr. Guns!

ReliantTexan
09-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Over or under 10 pass interferences for the Texans? :gun:

HTown2ATX
09-10-2010, 03:00 PM
The only ref I really hate is "The Bald One" Joey Crawford in the NBA.

He just loves to eff with teams and for some reason has a real beef with the Rockets. And I have a real beef with him after that '05 series against the Mavs.

Anyway, this guy, not my fave, but too pumped about some dang football to get mad about it.

:texflag:

BigBull17
09-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Over or under 10 pass interferences for the Texans? :gun:

Over. Hate Roidy McCroid.

TimeKiller
09-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Ed Hackuli is it? Bring it on *****, you can't stop them TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaiser Toro
09-10-2010, 03:08 PM
My wife loves Hochuli. Personally I like his mechanics and explanations.

Texan_Bill
09-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Ed Hackuli is it? Bring it on *****, you can't stop them TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's got a little yellow hanky that says different! :shades:

The Pencil Neck
09-10-2010, 03:23 PM
I like Hochuli. I think he's a good ref although he has made some mistakes.

silvrhand
09-10-2010, 03:24 PM
who cares, just win no excuses..

Scooter
09-10-2010, 03:25 PM
probably my favorite ref.

CloakNNNdagger
09-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Anybody remember the Pollard-Jackson penalties during the Texans-Rams game courtesy of Hochuli? VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDrW9uQ4Gmo)

Thorn
09-10-2010, 04:41 PM
who cares, just win no excuses..

...and there ya have it.

TEXANS84
09-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Not a fan of this....

Norg
09-10-2010, 04:58 PM
i hope we get more pressure on peyton this year we got to get him off his spot and distrupt his timming

Nawzer
09-10-2010, 05:00 PM
I'm afraid of Hochuli. That guy is buff as hell. I'm afraid he'll penalize me for being too lame if I run into him on the street.

DexmanC
09-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Drinking Game:

Two shots, every time Hochuli says "By rule..."

Texan_Bill
09-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Drinking Game:

@ $7.00 per beer??? *heads to bank for a loan!*

b0ng
09-10-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm a fan of "Guns".

False Start
09-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Ed Hercules is scary........

http://media.nowpublic.net/images//f0/0/f00de8a9a2f91053b74569156336ec11.jpg

HouSportsWriter
09-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Ed Hercules is scary........

http://media.nowpublic.net/images//f0/0/f00de8a9a2f91053b74569156336ec11.jpg

put peyton's jersey and head and thats would be amazing

False Start
09-10-2010, 06:42 PM
put peyton's jersey and head and thats would be amazing

I found that on a Google search. I could Photoshop it, but Peyton's forehead wouldn't fit in the picture.

infantrycak
09-10-2010, 09:18 PM

I have hated (and I rarely use that word) Hochuli for longer than the Texans have existed. Every time he calls a game you can expect a controversial call in favor of the favored team.

Andre_Johnson
09-11-2010, 12:40 AM
Drinking Game:

Belly shots every time he says "Upon further review..."

dinkatoid
09-11-2010, 01:17 AM
The only ref I really hate is "The Bald One" Joey Crawford in the NBA.

He just loves to eff with teams and for some reason has a real beef with the Rockets. And I have a real beef with him after that '05 series against the Mavs.

Anyway, this guy, not my fave, but too pumped about some dang football to get mad about it.

:texflag:

No way, if any team can claim hatred for Crawford, it should be the Spurs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOygTd1NWCM

He threw Duncan out of the game for laughing while sitting on the bench - the 2nd tech was from a good distance away too.

Rasputin
09-11-2010, 01:32 AM
Just as long as it's not Jeff Triplette and his posse of twitchy flagsters

TheMatrix31
09-11-2010, 03:10 AM
No way, if any team can claim hatred for Crawford, it should be the Spurs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOygTd1NWCM

He threw Duncan out of the game for laughing while sitting on the bench - the 2nd tech was from a good distance away too.

The Spurs have no right to ***** about anything regarding officiating. Ever.

/off-topic

GP
09-11-2010, 10:47 AM
This is awful news.

The guy has made it more about himself than about the sanctity of the game.

Personally, I think they need to rotate these guys OUT of the league after having been in there for 5 years. There is no shortage of guys who would fill their places.

Over time, these guys become rock stars in their own minds, and it makes them jump into the game and try to put their exclamation point on it. I am tired of games being decided by ref's calls.

When a game is played and it ends solely by the efforts of either team, it's like a miracle for me. Instead, you usually can count on Hochuli's crew influencing the outcome.

The Texans are playing two teams on Sunday. The boys better have enough in the tank to overcome both of them.

infantrycak
09-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Instead, you usually can count on Hochuli's crew influencing the outcome.

That is the problem. Far too often he plays a role in the game and usually on the side of the favored team. I formed that opinion while rooting for the generally favored early '90's Cowboy teams so long before the existence of the Texans. But nothing I have seen since changes that opinion. Indy will get the benefit of the doubt if he is officiating.

Kaiser Toro
09-11-2010, 11:20 AM
If he enforces the new rule with the Umpire position change, which I believe a rule book stickler, such as he, would do, I think we will be fine. We have an opportunity to rattle Manning physically and mentally due to the challenges on their OL and with the new rule.

Maddict5
09-11-2010, 03:06 PM
im indifferenet on hochuli but just rewatching last yrs reliant game in preparation of tomorrow and hochuli cant do worse than those assholes did. they brought the colts back into that game with that absolute BS 50 yd PI call on reeves first drive of the 2nd half when we were up 20-7 where they're was no contact on an uncatcable pass bar their hands coming together at one stage. every play would be PI if that shit was called the whole time

add that to the horrible roughing the passer (light helmet slap on manning) by antonio when he was blocked into manning for their first td. just two incredibly horrible calls that defy belief esp when you factor in that not a single colt was looking for a flag on either play... ffs manning & co arent exactly shy looking for that stuff

and now im angry. perfect way to be for tomorow

Maddict5
09-11-2010, 03:07 PM
btw reeves played a surprising amount that game although im only in the 3rd q right now

edo783
09-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Eddie the GUNS always seems to find a way to get us for some pretty ticky tack pass interference calls and as CAK says, he favors the favored team, so we will see more than we should tomorrow. Not my favorite ref.

texanhead08
09-11-2010, 09:23 PM
We're ****ed!! Everytime he refs a texan game there is a call that swings the momentum of the game in the other teams favor.

NitroGSXR
09-12-2010, 02:00 AM
Worrying about who the referee is... is just a guaranteed upcoming fail.

hradhak
09-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Yeah who cares who the ref is. Even Hochuli can't spot the Colts 55 points in the 4th quarter, which will still be 10 points shy of what they need to beat us :-)

GP
09-12-2010, 12:37 PM
The league still thinks they have a marketing stake in Manning.

He's the light, contrasted against the dark of those who violate NFL policy and give the league a black eye.

So who better to bring in as a ringer? None other than Hochuli.

He'll make sure Manning gets what he needs. He'll be there to make sure the Colts get the win and get the Colts started off on the right foot. Goodell sees the window on Manning's career beginning to close every year, so they gotta' rally 'round the General now more than ever.

The problem is that if you think Favre is hanging around too long...I think Peyton Manning will try to play until he's 60. The league will allow him to play while in a motorized wheelchair and institute a no-contact and no-blitz rule for the defenses who play against him.

Having said all of that, if Hochuli ends up NOT influencing this game today...it will go a long ways to dispelling the theories that a lot of fans hold about the league and its officiating.

Corrosion
09-12-2010, 03:09 PM
I have hated (and I rarely use that word) Hochuli for longer than the Texans have existed. Every time he calls a game you can expect a controversial call in favor of the favored team.

That personal foul call against Quin sure looked like one of those game altering calls ...... And when he came back from reviewing the Anthony Gonzalez out of bounds play on the same drive , I fully expected him to overturn it in favor of the Peytons.

I expect another favorable call or two for Peyton before this one's over.

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2010, 03:50 PM
The league still thinks they have a marketing stake in Manning.

He's the light, contrasted against the dark of those who violate NFL policy and give the league a black eye.

So who better to bring in as a ringer? None other than Hochuli.

He'll make sure Manning gets what he needs. He'll be there to make sure the Colts get the win and get the Colts started off on the right foot. Goodell sees the window on Manning's career beginning to close every year, so they gotta' rally 'round the General now more than ever.

The problem is that if you think Favre is hanging around too long...I think Peyton Manning will try to play until he's 60. The league will allow him to play while in a motorized wheelchair and institute a no-contact and no-blitz rule for the defenses who play against him.

Having said all of that, if Hochuli ends up NOT influencing this game today...it will go a long ways to dispelling the theories that a lot of fans hold about the league and its officiating.

Glover Quinn intercepted and made his move up field before the ball was knocked out of his hand. One official called it an interception. Another called it an incomplete catch. That better not make the difference.

GP
09-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Glover Quinn intercepted and made his move up field before the ball was knocked out of his hand. One official called it an interception. Another called it an incomplete catch. That better not make the difference.

What a ride.

There was really no outrageous call today. Quin's helmet did crack into Wayne's helmet.

The Quin non-interception was a close call. Can't say it was a bad call by the ref. Two feet hit the ground and he had the ball, but there was not a third foot hitting down as the ball comes out. I think it was the right call.

Dread-Head
09-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Ummmmm, :thinking: that would be a resounding YES! I hate Mr. Guns!

I have to agree with my friend and former bandmate on this one. Never cared for him.

Lucky
09-12-2010, 08:28 PM

How do ya like me now?

http://www.azfoa.org/HallOfFame/HOF2004/Hochuli1b.jpg

Scooter
09-12-2010, 08:37 PM
not the best officiated game ever (bad calls and non calls for both teams), but ed hercules and crew seemed to be mostly correct without being intrusive.

i think the chargers game a year (or two?) ago really woke him up to the fact that he'd been starting to influence games.

infantrycak
09-12-2010, 11:25 PM
http://www.azfoa.org/HallOfFame/HOF2004/Hochuli1b.jpg

There were several bad calls or bad spots IMO through the game but it didn't feel like it affected the outcome of the game or particularly slanted to one team.