PDA

View Full Version : Playbook"nfl network" picks: Texans over Colts in Week 1

HouSportsWriter
09-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Are the Texans finally ready to overtake the Colts in the AFC South this season? Time will tell, but two of our three Playbook analysts (Sterling Sharpe and Joe Theismann) expect them to get off on the right foot by knocking off Indianapolis in Week 1. Brian Billick is sticking with the Colts.

it airs on Saturday at 6 p.m. the show is called AFC Playbook

Texan_Bill
09-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Are the Texans finally ready to overtake the Colts in the AFC South this season? Time will tell, but two of our three Playbook analysts (Sterling Sharpe and Joe Theismann) expect them to get off on the right foot by knocking off Indianapolis in Week 1. Brian Billick is sticking with the Colts.

it airs on Saturday at 6 p.m. the show is called AFC Playbook

Nice SAIB!! Nice!!!!!!!!!!!

How you doing my younger brother??? Hope all is well!!!!!!!!

Vinnie
09-07-2010, 11:08 PM
If Amobi can step it up, we have a chance. And Adibi performs in Cush's absence. And Arian hangs on to the ball and gets + yards. Yeah, there's a chance. Is Saturday playing?

ATXtexanfan
09-07-2010, 11:10 PM
well we gotta do it sooner or later

drs23
09-07-2010, 11:14 PM
If Amobi can step it up, we have a chance. And Adibi performs in Cush's absence. And Arian hangs on to the ball and gets + yards. Yeah, there's a chance. Is Saturday playing?

Pre game press (blogs and the such so far) say he starts.

thunderkyss
09-08-2010, 12:28 AM

Amobi had a nice game 11.29.09

Matt had two picks & the ball stripped.

I'm just saying.

Dwade
09-08-2010, 12:32 AM
I hope they do, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Colts are just a better team until Manning is gone, simple as that.

El Tejano
09-08-2010, 08:41 AM
I hope they do, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Colts are just a better team until Manning is gone, simple as that.

Time to change that.

Thorn
09-08-2010, 09:57 AM
The Texans have the talent they need (with or without Cushing) to beat the Colts this year. The question is if they step up and do it or not. This coming Sunday is going to tell us a lot about this team. I'm glad they have a chance to show us what they are right out of the gate this season.

GP
09-08-2010, 10:22 AM
I had a dream last night (seriously) that we ran all over the Colts.

We were pouring into the end zone on offense AND defense.

I hope that dream is a foreshadowing of what Sunday holds for us. As great as things have been, considering we've been a franchise for so few years thus far, a Game 1 obliteration of the Colts would be THE biggest win. Ever.

Texan_Bill
09-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Texans 34, Dolts 17.

Book it!!

:shades:

hobie
09-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Texans 34, Dolts 17.

Book it!!

I'll take that bet ! Sausages ??

Texan_Bill
09-08-2010, 10:41 AM
I'll take that bet ! Sausages ??

:facepalm: Hobie!

:hobie:

DexmanC
09-08-2010, 01:45 PM
This is like the third year in a row Sterling Sharpe has been trying to buy
into the Texans. It's so sad this team has been embarrassing him every
season.

Week One against the Colts would be a quadruple win:
1. A win against an elite team
2. A win in the division
3. A win at home
4. A win in the Conference

There is no way to over-sell the importance of Sunday's game.

El Tejano
09-08-2010, 01:58 PM
This is like the third year in a row Sterling Sharpe has been trying to buy
into the Texans. It's so sad this team has been embarrassing him every
season.

Week One against the Colts would be a quadruple win:
1. A win against an elite team
2. A win in the division
3. A win at home
4. A win in the Conference

There is no way to over-sell the importance of Sunday's game.

Dude, you just made this game even that more important for me.

I would also like to add that Manning will be going strong at two defensive players for us - Kareem Jackson and Xavier Adibi. He's going to test our weakness first so that our strengths can weaken and he can have a field day. Only problem is, we aren't going to be weak.

HOU-TEX
09-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Not that it matters, but I think we've lost every time we've gotten their votes. :choke:

The Pencil Neck
09-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Not that it matters, but I think we've lost every time we've gotten their votes. :choke:

Yeah, I was about to say that their voting for us means we're pretty much doomed.

euro-Texan
09-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Doomed is when we only win games everyone thinks we'll lose.

CT CSTM
09-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Dude, you just made this game even that more important for me.

I would also like to add that Manning will be going strong at two defensive players for us - Kareem Jackson and Xavier Adibi. He's going to test our weakness first so that our strengths can weaken and he can have a field day. Only problem is, we aren't going to be weak.

Xavier was over yesterday,,,he said he's never felt more ready for a game in his life.

drs23
09-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Xavier was over yesterday,,,he said he's never felt more ready for a game in his life.

You name dropper, you. :kitten:

DexmanC
09-08-2010, 03:02 PM

Damn that Chester for steering all those Texans your way.
:sarcasm:

CT CSTM
09-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Damn that Chester for steering all those Texans your way.
:sarcasm:

I've given Zac Diles discounts 2 years in a row,,,the first was for punching Jeremy Shockey during the training camp practice here and then the most recent was for his "After the play" penalty against the Cowboys...Like I told Zac,,,"Who said fighting doesn't pay?"

So yes,,,I do "Give Back" for good plays!haha,,,

HOU-TEX
09-08-2010, 03:11 PM
I've given Zac Diles discounts 2 years in a row,,,the first was for punching Jeremy Shockey during the training camp practice here and then the most recent was for his "After the play" penalty against the Cowboys...Like I told Zac,,,"Who said fighting doesn't pay?"

It was D-Ryans that got into it with Shockey last year.

CT CSTM
09-08-2010, 03:31 PM
It was D-Ryans that got into it with Shockey last year.

Correct,,,,Zac got in the ensuing pile up and got a few licks in before everyone was separated...

CT CSTM
09-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Watch Zac at about 11 seconds in:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw2_Uu_ankI

JB
09-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Watch Zac at about 11 seconds in:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw2_Uu_ankI

Looks like he landed a solid right!

Arky
09-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Here's some interesting stats:

ATS = against the spread

The good:

Super Bowl Loser Syndrome: Super Bowl losers are 3-13 ATS in their first game the following season.
Texans are 8-1 ATS as home underdogs since October 2006.

The bad:

Teams in home openers are 12-20 ATS since 2009.
Divisional favorites of 1-3 points are 14-3 ATS on kickoff weekend since 2000.
Colts are 39-24 ATS on the road since 2002.
Colts are 10-2 ATS on the road when the line is +3 to -3 since 2007.
Peyton Manning is 30-18 ATS as a road favorite since 2001.
Texans are 1-5 ATS on kickoff weekends since 2004.

Eesh, a lot more bad than good there....

http://walterfootball.com/nflpicks2010_01early.php

JB
09-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Here's some interesting stats:

ATS = against the spread

The good:

Super Bowl Loser Syndrome: Super Bowl losers are 3-13 ATS in their first game the following season.
Texans are 8-1 ATS as home underdogs since October 2006.

The bad:

Teams in home openers are 12-20 ATS since 2009.Divisional favorites of 1-3 points are 14-3 ATS on kickoff weekend since 2000.
Colts are 39-24 ATS on the road since 2002.
Colts are 10-2 ATS on the road when the line is +3 to -3 since 2007.
Peyton Manning is 30-18 ATS as a road favorite since 2001.
Texans are 1-5 ATS on kickoff weekends since 2004.

Eesh, a lot more bad than good there....

http://walterfootball.com/nflpicks2010_01early.php

err, 32 teams. 16 opening games since 2009. How could home opener records be 12-20? :thinking:

brakos82
09-08-2010, 06:51 PM
err, 32 teams. 16 opening games since 2009. How could home opener records be 12-20? :thinking:

Home openers don't have to be week 1.

The Pencil Neck
09-08-2010, 06:53 PM

Man. Is it Brain Fart day today or what?

JB
09-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Man. Is it Brain Fart day today or what?

D'OH! :facepalm: JB!

MEGA SWATT
09-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Smash those freaking colts right in the mouth. What is this, P.manning's 13th season, come on now. Now is the time for all great TEXANS to come and smash the colts in the mouth.
:texflag:

Vinnie
09-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Peter King is picking us as well, we're doomed.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/09/08/week1/index.html?eref=sihp

DerekLee1
09-09-2010, 10:03 AM
all this nice press is great and all, but I'd rather be picked AGAINST and fly under the radar. all this does is fire up the colts even more.

BIG TORO
09-09-2010, 10:09 AM
2 out of 3 on yahoo sports have us winning as well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/pickem;_ylt=AqKJWTlaxDpw.tfoEpW_xQBDubYF

Vinnie
09-09-2010, 10:15 AM
2 out of 3 on yahoo sports have us winning as well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/pickem;_ylt=AqKJWTlaxDpw.tfoEpW_xQBDubYF

I think I may be sick.

C Madd
09-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Guess I'll add some more. Mike Florio and Gregg Rosenthal of ProFootballTalk.com have both picked the Texans in Week 1.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/09/pfts-week-one-picks/

The Pencil Neck
09-09-2010, 11:31 AM
I not haz a happy.

Goatcheese
09-09-2010, 11:32 AM
I flipped a coin and it was more accurate than these experts last year. :slapfight:

The Pencil Neck
09-09-2010, 12:22 PM
I flipped a coin and it was more accurate than these experts last year. :slapfight:

That's exactly why we're worried because they picked us.

michaelm
09-09-2010, 12:42 PM
all this nice press is great and all, but I'd rather be picked AGAINST and fly under the radar. all this does is fire up the colts even more.

I understand wanting to fly under the radar, but it really doesn't matter in this case, IMO.
The Colt's level of readiness for the Texans isn't going to change one way or the other, based on predictions or any other outside factor.
They're going to be ready for us, and we'll have to earn it.

Texans 27
Colts 24

SheTexan
09-09-2010, 03:31 PM

I would do the same, if I could! Until they get a "mean" streak our team will go nowhere! JMO! Hit um hard, make it difficult for them to get up, and when they do, they're dragging their sorry asses to the sideline!! I'm never pro trying to take someone out of the game by deliberatly trying to injure someone, but, by GAWD I want them to know our team is not made up of a bunch of puzzies!!! Put a little fear in them, make their adrenaline shoot up sky high, and they'll make mistakes we can hopefully capitalize on. If I had one wish for Sunday, other than to win, would be for our guys to run out onto that field with a Pollard attitude. Let the Colts know they are ready to knock their __ lights out, esp PM!!!

infantrycak
09-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Two of the guys on Inside the NFL picked the Texans as well.

JB
09-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Two of the guys on Inside the NFL picked the Texans as well.

As did 4 of 8 on Espn

thunderkyss
09-09-2010, 03:44 PM
I would do the same, if I could! Until they get a "mean" streak our team will go nowhere! JMO! Hit um hard, make it difficult for them to get up, and when they do, they're dragging their sorry asses to the sideline!! I'm never pro trying to take someone out of the game by deliberatly trying to injure someone, but, by GAWD I want them to know our team is not made up of a bunch of puzzies!!! Put a little fear in them, make their adrenaline shoot up sky high, and they'll make mistakes we can hopefully capitalize on. If I had one wish for Sunday, other than to win, would be for our guys to run out onto that field with a Pollard attitude. Let the Colts know they are ready to knock their __ lights out, esp PM!!!

Agreed. If they're catching the ball over the middle, and not looking for a LB (to clean their clocks)... we're doing something wrong.

Texan Asylum
09-12-2010, 10:01 PM

I hope that dream is a foreshadowing of what Sunday holds for us. As great as things have been, considering we've been a franchise for so few years thus far, a Game 1 obliteration of the Colts would be THE biggest win. Ever.

Keep dreamin' man! :bravo:

Texan Asylum
09-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Texans 34, Dolts 17.

Book it!!

You just about got it Bill! :photos:

thunderkyss
09-13-2010, 11:33 AM

Keep dreaming, keep dreaming. :fans: