PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Sit/Start Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Tailgate
09-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Thought I would start a thread where we could all chime in with suggestions and what not regarding who to start or sit on a weekly basis. A second opinion never hurt anybody right? Or has it?

10 team league, no PPR.

Need 2 starters out of these 4:
-Ray Rice @ Jets
-Ryan Grant @ Philly
-Arian Foster vs Indy
-CJ Spiller @ Miami

Need 3 starters out of this group:
-Anquan Boldin @ Jets
-Percy Harvin @ NO
-Mike Wallace vs. Atl
-Bernard Berrian @ NO
-Johnny Knox vs Det

JB
09-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Rice & Foster

Boldin, Harvin & Knox

Tailgate
09-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Rice & Foster

Boldin, Harvin & Knox

Thanks bro... REP! Kind of where I was leanin. Knox needs to step up tho. But didnt want to play Harvin AND Berrian.

JB
09-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Thanks bro... kind of where I was leanin. Knox needs to step up tho. But didnt want to play Harvin AND Berrian.

I think Knox against Det @ home should have a decent day. But no telling with Cutler as QB....

mexican_texan
09-07-2010, 11:14 PM
I'd play Berrian. I'm not sure Harvin can think straight.

Tailgate
09-07-2010, 11:53 PM
I'd play Berrian. I'm not sure Harvin can think straight.

He "should" be fine, and he is way too talented not to play imo.

Cush
09-08-2010, 12:26 AM
Start 3 of these 4 at WR week 1...?

Ochocinco
Dez Bryant
Hakeem Nicks
Mike Sims-Walker

I really wanna throw Dez out there and I'm leaning towards sitting Nicks.

dream_team
09-08-2010, 06:04 AM

Ochocinco
Dez Bryant
Hakeem Nicks
Mike Sims-Walker

Playing Dez without watching him take an NFL snap yet? And he won't start either and coming back from injury? Big time risk. I'd go with the other three.

LikeMike
09-08-2010, 07:40 AM

Ochocinco
Dez Bryant
Hakeem Nicks
Mike Sims-Walker

Ocho and Mike should be no brainers... Id be temptet about Bryant, but in the end I guess I would sit the rookie and go with the sure thing in Nicks.

Here are my questions: 2 out of these 4:

Chris Johnson @Oak
Jamaal Charles @SD
Ronnie Brown @ Buf
Matt Forte @ Det

And one out of these two:

Brent Celek @GB
Visanthe Shiancoe @ NO

JB
09-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Ocho and Mike should be no brainers... Id be temptet about Bryant, but in the end I guess I would sit the rookie and go with the sure thing in Nicks.

Chris Johnson @Oak
Jamaal Charles @SD
Ronnie Brown @ Buf
Matt Forte @ Det

Brent Celek @GB
Visanthe Shiancoe @ NO

CJ & JC & Shiancoe

dc_txtech
09-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Thought I would start a thread where we could all chime in with suggestions and what not regarding who to start or sit on a weekly basis. A second opinion never hurt anybody right? Or has it?

10 team league, no PPR.

Need 2 starters out of these 4:
-Ray Rice @ Jets
-Ryan Grant @ Philly
-Arian Foster vs Indy
-CJ Spiller @ Miami

Need 3 starters out of this group:
-Anquan Boldin @ Jets
-Percy Harvin @ NO
-Mike Wallace vs. Atl
-Bernard Berrian @ NO
-Johnny Knox vs Det

I might be tempted to go with Foster and Grant, Jets run D is scary. Boldin, Harvin, Knox.

dc_txtech
09-08-2010, 09:35 AM

Ochocinco
Dez Bryant
Hakeem Nicks
Mike Sims-Walker

I would wait at least a week to see how they're going to use Bryant.

dc_txtech
09-08-2010, 09:40 AM

Chris Johnson @Oak
Jamaal Charles @SD
Ronnie Brown @ Buf
Matt Forte @ Det

Brent Celek @GB
Visanthe Shiancoe @ NO

Start CJ every week unless he is hurt. I would propably go with Ronnie Brown, he's a beast when healthy, all signs point to him being 100%, and Buffalo's run D is a joke. Plus I'm still iffy on how the Cheifs will split carries, they did pick up Thomas Jones and draft McCluster.

I like Celek, especially in a ppr league. Shiancoe is always a threat to score a TD though.

Tailgate
09-08-2010, 12:07 PM
I might be tempted to go with Foster and Grant, Jets run D is scary. Boldin, Harvin, Knox.

I know. Not to mention Bills have named CJ Spiller the starter vs Miami and Fred J and Lynch are both nursing nagging injuries???

Tailgate
09-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Start CJ every week unless he is hurt. I would propably go with Ronnie Brown, he's a beast when healthy, all signs point to him being 100%, and Buffalo's run D is a joke. Plus I'm still iffy on how the Cheifs will split carries, they did pick up Thomas Jones and draft McCluster.

I like Celek, especially in a ppr league. Shiancoe is always a threat to score a TD though.

Im almost leaning towards Forte and CJ here. Tough call but its Browns first game back and and Ricky had 200 yards and 2 TDs against Buffalo last year. Brown struggled a bit in preseason and Forte has looked like his rookie self. But cant go wrong with either imo.

dc_txtech
09-08-2010, 12:56 PM
I know. Not to mention Bills have named CJ Spiller the starter vs Miami and Fred J and Lynch are both nursing nagging injuries???

Spiller is definitely an option as well, I was lucky enough to pick him up in the ninth round of my money league. That was the night before he had his National coming out party with 2 TD's catapulting him up to the 4th 5th round. I'm going to wait at least one game before I name him my starter though. I wanna see what he can do in the regular season before I make any decisions.

Funny thing though, I have Grant, Foster, and Spiller in my money league so I guess great minds think alike. I'm starting Grant and Foster.

Tailgate
09-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Spiller is definitely an option as well, I was lucky enough to pick him up in the ninth round of my money league. That was the night before he had his National coming out party with 2 TD's catapulting him up to the 4th 5th round. I'm going to wait at least one game before I name him my starter though. I wanna see what he can do in the regular season before I make any decisions.

Funny thing though, I have Grant, Foster, and Spiller in my money league so I guess great minds think alike. I'm starting Grant and Foster.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_8xWOPcQ7bM3POK9noYmhVRnp6P7EW GWMctO7QwdbP_87GMI&t=1&usg=__sX_EO-d5ayV23PoQDfaOxq3dWWg=

b0ng
09-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Knowshon Moreno vs JAX
or
Jerome Harrison @TB?

JB
09-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Knowshon Moreno vs JAX
or
Jerome Harrison @TB?

Harrison until Moreno proves he is healthy. Buckhalter may get most of the work for Denver in week 1

dc_txtech
09-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Harrison until Moreno proves he is healthy. Buckhalter may get most of the work for Denver in week 1

+1 Moreno is kind of scary with that hamstring right now.

Texan4Ever
09-10-2010, 12:42 AM
How about these options? Philip Rivers VS KC or Jay Cutler VS Detroit. I am leaning towards Rivers, because even without Vincent Jackson (who happens to be on my FF team but I think I may have dropped him) he is the better option then Cutler IMO.

Whadda' yall say?

dc_txtech
09-10-2010, 10:55 AM
How about these options? Philip Rivers VS KC or Jay Cutler VS Detroit. I am leaning towards Rivers, because even without Vincent Jackson (who happens to be on my FF team but I think I may have dropped him) he is the better option then Cutler IMO.

Whadda' yall say?

Rivers for sure.

b0ng
09-11-2010, 11:07 AM

Whadda' yall say?

Don't sit your studs. Cutler is a good backup in case your guy goes down but you don't really want to rely on him not throwing interceptions in that Martz offense over a whole season.

Hardcore Texan
09-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Rivers for sure.

Don't sit your studs. Cutler is a good backup in case your guy goes down but you don't really want to rely on him not throwing interceptions in that Martz offense over a whole season.

What they said.

Hardcore Texan
09-11-2010, 11:36 AM
I got RB and my flex position that I need to decide between:

Need one RB and one RB/WR:
L. McCoy
Hightower
CJ Spiller
Lee Evans

Not really considering the rest of my bench, which is:
Slaton
Sproles
Dez Bryant

The rest of the starters are locked down:
P. Rivers
AP
Colston
Calvin Johnson
T. Gonzales
D/ST Cowboys
and some kicker.

I am leaning toward Hightower and McCoy, but I hate McCoy's match up against GB. That's a tough row to hoe. So I am actually considering playing the rookie Spiller in his place. Thoughts?

Texan4Ever
09-11-2010, 11:42 AM
I got RB and my flex position that I need to decide between:

Need one RB and one RB/WR:
L. McCoy
Hightower
CJ Spiller
Lee Evans

Not really considering the rest of my bench, which is:
Slaton
Sproles
Dez Bryant

The rest of the starters are locked down:
P. Rivers
AP
Colston
Calvin Johnson
T. Gonzales
D/ST Cowboys
and some kicker.

I am leaning toward Hightower and McCoy, but I hate McCoy's match up against GB. That's a tough row to hoe. So I am actually considering playing the rookie Spiller in his place. Thoughts?

For the bold, start Spiller if possible. The Bills passing game is suspect so I expect them to give CJ a lot of carries as they will probably depend on him for offensive points. He had a decent preseason campaign and I expect him to get a TD or two in his first regular season game.

Cush
09-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Thanks fellas - I started Nicks, and it paid off.

I shoulda sat Sims-Walker, who did not even catch one ball against Champ Bailey... :hairpull:

The1ApplePie
09-13-2010, 05:53 PM
I got stuck with DeSean Jackson and Maclin. I see Maclin as the true No. 1, especially with Vick. Should I sub one of them out?

MannyFresh
09-13-2010, 10:59 PM
So what about Shonn Green now? Think LT is the starter now?

Tailgate
09-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Vick vs. the 28th ranked jax defense or Rogers vs. Chicago where he only had 1 td and less than 400 yards combined in 2 games last year.

Do I HAVE to go with my #1 because he is my unquestioned #1?

dc_txtech
09-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Vick vs. the 28th ranked jax defense or Rogers vs. Chicago where he only had 1 td and less than 400 yards combined in 2 games last year.

Do I HAVE to go with my #1 because he is my unquestioned #1?

That's a tough one. I typically never bench my studs but this might just call for it.

Cush
09-22-2010, 12:18 PM
J. Best vs MIN
or
C. Benson vs. CAR

(Other RB is A. Peterson...)

(BTW, I'm feeling pretty lucky to have nabbed JBest in the friggin 9th round in our draft!!) :evil:

Ckw
09-22-2010, 12:26 PM
I'd just like to know if you guys think I should keep starting Jamaal Charles. My RBs are Benson, Foster, Charles, Spiller, Fred Taylor, and Mike Tolbert (SD).

My WRs are AJ, Welker, Mark Clayton, and Mike Wallace.

I need to start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex.

Right now I have Foster, Benson, Charles, AJ, and Welker starting. I am considering starting Clayton as he has been Bradford's favorite target and moving Welker to the flex and sitting Charles this week. What do you guys think I should do?

Ckw
09-22-2010, 12:27 PM
J. Best vs MIN
or
C. Benson vs. CAR

(Other RB is A. Peterson...)

(BTW, I'm feeling pretty lucky to have nabbed JBest in the friggin 9th round in our draft!!) :evil:

I'd start Benson. I am predicting a big week for him.

Tailgate
09-22-2010, 02:56 PM
That's a tough one. I typically never bench my studs but this might just call for it.

Toughy. But I am gonna stick to the rules and go with Rogers. Homo did throw for almost 400 against Chicago last week. Well see...

Tailgate
09-22-2010, 03:05 PM
I'd just like to know if you guys think I should keep starting Jamaal Charles. My RBs are Benson, Foster, Charles, Spiller, Fred Taylor, and Mike Tolbert (SD).

My WRs are AJ, Welker, Mark Clayton, and Mike Wallace.

I need to start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex.

Right now I have Foster, Benson, Charles, AJ, and Welker starting. I am considering starting Clayton as he has been Bradford's favorite target and moving Welker to the flex and sitting Charles this week. What do you guys think I should do?

Foster since he is the clear #1, and Benson faces a stingy Car run D this week. Benson will have to get a ton of carries to get near 100 and he has a shoulder nick right now. I would keep starting Charles simply due to his homerun threat potential. 49ers do have a solid run D tho.

This week:

Foster, Charles, AJ, Welker, and either Benson or Clayton. I typically go w RB in the flex when confronted with this scenario.

Ckw
09-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Foster since he is the clear #1, and Benson faces a stingy Car run D this week. Benson will have to get a ton of carries to get near 100 and he has a shoulder nick right now. I would keep starting Charles simply due to his homerun threat potential. 49ers do have a solid run D tho.

This week:

Foster, Charles, AJ, Welker, and either Benson or Clayton. I typically go w RB in the flex when confronted with this scenario.

Awesome thanks! That is exactly what I am planning on doing then. You convinced me.

Other question I have is who to start at TE. I have Brent Celek and Kellen Winslow. I'd start Celek but with Vick being the starter in Philadelphia, I am unsure on what to do. Winslow is having knee issues but looks pretty damn good last week but was no good in week 1. Can't make up my mind.

JB
09-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Awesome thanks! That is exactly what I am planning on doing then. You convinced me.

Other question I have is who to start at TE. I have Brent Celek and Kellen Winslow. I'd start Celek but with Vick being the starter in Philadelphia, I am unsure on what to do. Winslow is having knee issues but looks pretty damn good last week but was no good in week 1. Can't make up my mind.

I think with Vick starting, Celek will not get many opportunities. I would start Winslow.

dc_txtech
09-22-2010, 03:37 PM

I would also go with Winslow, Celek is a bad performance or 2 from getting cut from my squad.

Ckw
09-22-2010, 04:02 PM
I think with Vick starting, Celek will not get many opportunities. I would start Winslow.

I would also go with Winslow, Celek is a bad performance or 2 from getting cut from my squad.

Thanks to both of you for the advice, and I concur. If Celek has anymore bad weeks, I may drop him for John Carlson.

The1ApplePie
09-22-2010, 04:04 PM
For my RB/WR position, I'm torn between Maclin and Mark Clayton (Rams).

I already have DeSean Jackson and I don't think Vick will throw enough for both. Plus, Bradford and Clayton have a chemistry.

Line_Producer
09-22-2010, 04:52 PM

I already have DeSean Jackson and I don't think Vick will throw enough for both. Plus, Bradford and Clayton have a chemistry.

I personally wouldn't start both receivers from the same team. There's nothing worse than getting shut out by the run game.

I'd go Clayton if he's your only other option, even better if you're playing PPR.

-wil

HOU-TEX
09-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Got a minor dilemma here.

Would y'all start Cutler against the Packers? Or Vick against the Jags?

I'm leaning towards Vick, but need that 2nd opinion.

Goldensilence
09-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Do I start Miami Defense against Jets or Washington defense vs rams?

Leaning towards DC.

JB
09-23-2010, 12:54 PM

I would probably go Vick, 'cause I think Cutler is going to be under pressure all game.
But iirc, Cutler did handle the 'gurls pressure pretty well.

HOU-TEX
09-23-2010, 01:04 PM
I would probably go Vick, 'cause I think Cutler is going to be under pressure all game.
But iirc, Cutler did handle the 'gurls pressure pretty well.

LOL, gee JB, that really helps a lot. That's basically what I've been thinking already.

JB
09-23-2010, 01:21 PM
LOL, gee JB, that really helps a lot. That's basically what I've been thinking already.

You said you wanted an opinion. You didn't say I had to disagree with you...lol

dc_txtech
09-23-2010, 01:49 PM

Pretty risky to start 2 WR's from the same team, I'd go Clayton.

That's a tough one, I'm also leaning towards Vick. Cutler is risky against that GB defense.

Do I start Miami Defense against Jets or Washington defense vs rams?

Leaning towards DC.

I'd go Miami, jmo.

Line_Producer
09-23-2010, 03:30 PM

I'm in the same boat and I chose to go with Cutler. LOL I have GB defense too. I'm a firm believer that any qb in a Martz system will get the points. I think Vick is a close second, especially against the Jags.

mattieuk
09-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Alright...got a relative FUBAR situation going on at QB.

I've got Favre, McNabb and Derek Anderson.

I've gone Favre last two weeks...thinking that its time to pull the trigger and go McNabb after last weeks game.

Line_Producer
09-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Alright...got a relative FUBAR situation going on at QB.

I've got Favre, McNabb and Derek Anderson.

I've gone Favre last two weeks...thinking that its time to pull the trigger and go McNabb after last weeks game.

Well, Anderson is def out.
I've practically given up on Favre too, but he's playing DET who's given up the 2nd most? points to opposing qbs. If Favre can't get it done this week, bench him.

mattieuk
09-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Well, Anderson is def out.
I've practically given up on Favre too, but he's playing DET who's given up the 2nd most? points to opposing qbs. If Favre can't get it done this week, bench him.

I know, thats the only pull for Favre, but after his performance last week, well I'm almost done with him. I was pretty stoked at my QB corps going into the week, now I'm pretty much down on them both Brett and Derek Anderson. I'll leave Favre starting then, and only change if I get a last minute impulse he's going to blow it. Less than 10 points again, and thats it, he's benched, and I'm not buying Wrangler ever.

BigBull17
09-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Kyle Orton vs Colts or Matt Ryan vs N.O?

Blake
09-23-2010, 04:43 PM

Cutler against the Pack.

Vick is a good QB when you prepare for Kolb. Or when you are playing the Lions. He will be on the road.

Cutler is an actual QB. Playing at home. Vs. a good defense.

I think its 6 one way, 1/2 dozen the other. But I will go with Cutler.

Goldensilence
09-23-2010, 04:51 PM

I'd go with Vick against the Jags. Not like they have a lock down secondary.

I'm also having a tough time at TE.

Just picked up Jermaine Gresham on the wire, I Really like OD as my starter but his lack of production is costing me at the moment. Should I go after Dustin Keller?

Blake
09-23-2010, 04:54 PM
I'd go with Vick against the Jags. Not like they have a lock down secondary.

I'm also having a tough time at TE.

Just picked up Jermaine Gresham on the wire, I Really like OD as my starter but his lack of production is costing me at the moment. Should I go after Dustin Keller?

Gresham or Keller. I would go Gresham.

Goldensilence
09-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Pretty risky to start 2 WR's from the same team, I'd go Clayton.

That's a tough one, I'm also leaning towards Vick. Cutler is risky against that GB defense.

I'd go Miami, jmo.

My deal is this... I know Sanchez has struggled and the Miami d looked pretty darn good against Favre in Minn.

But, I like the matchup with DC having St. Louis.

I'm torn.

Blake
09-24-2010, 09:08 AM
Ronnie Brown vs. NYJ or Marion Barber @ Texans.

Brown is projected to get 12, while Barber is projected to get 6.

But as a Texans fan I dont see how you think we will keep the cowboys out of the endzone. Yes, Barber is a RBBC, but so is Brown to a degree, plus Brown is going up against a stout front Dline.

Leaning towards Barber. Any suggestions?

dc_txtech
09-24-2010, 09:43 AM
Ronnie Brown vs. NYJ or Marion Barber @ Texans.

Brown is projected to get 12, while Barber is projected to get 6.

But as a Texans fan I dont see how you think we will keep the cowboys out of the endzone. Yes, Barber is a RBBC, but so is Brown to a degree, plus Brown is going up against a stout front Dline.

Leaning towards Barber. Any suggestions?

Ouch, any other options?

Blake
09-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Ouch, any other options?

This is my flex spot. I am already starting AP and Brandon Jackson.

Ronnie Brown vs. NYJ

Marion Barber @ HOU

Chester Taylor vs. GB

JB
09-24-2010, 09:57 AM

Ronnie Brown vs. NYJ

Marion Barber @ HOU

Chester Taylor vs. GB

I would probably go with Brown.

b0ng
09-24-2010, 09:58 AM

Ronnie Brown vs. NYJ

Marion Barber @ HOU

Chester Taylor vs. GB

I'd say Barber against us seeing as Taylor is a backup (I think?) and the Jets have been extremely stingy in the run game. But I think any of those three are pretty equal in terms of possible numbers.

Here's my hilarious conundrum:

Hines Ward has been my starting 3rd WR these past few weeks and he has made me cry. I'm thinking about switching him with a young upstart here are my options

Hines Ward @TB

Mike Williams vs PIT

Louis Murphy @ ARI

And for hilarious QB stuff

Joe Flacco vs CLE

Matt Hasselbeck vs SD

dc_txtech
09-24-2010, 09:58 AM
That's a tough one. I don't think Barber will have much value against us unless he pulls a Clinton Portis and gets a lucky 1-yard TD or 2.

I would go with Brown, it's risky but he did run for 74 yards and 2 TD's last time the Jets went to Miami.

dc_txtech
09-24-2010, 10:02 AM
I'd say Barber against us seeing as Taylor is a backup (I think?) and the Jets have been extremely stingy in the run game. But I think any of those three are pretty equal in terms of possible numbers.

Hines Ward has been my starting 3rd WR these past few weeks and he has made me cry. I'm thinking about switching him with a young upstart here are my options

Hines Ward @TB

Mike Williams vs PIT

Louis Murphy @ ARI

Joe Flacco vs CLE

Matt Hasselbeck vs SD

I would start Murphy and Flacco.

JB
09-24-2010, 10:14 AM

Hines Ward @TB

Mike Williams vs PIT

Louis Murphy @ ARI

Joe Flacco vs CLE

Matt Hasselbeck vs SD

We are #2 in rush defense giving up 31.0 yds per game. The Jets are #3 giving up 50.5 ypg.

And yeah, I would go with Murphy and Flacco

b0ng
09-24-2010, 10:24 AM
We are #2 in rush defense giving up 31.0 yds per game. The Jets are #3 giving up 50.5 ypg.

And yeah, I would go with Murphy and Flacco

The only thing with us and rush defense, is that number could get entirely inflated if the Cowboys are playing with a lead for awhile. I think our Rush D is more of a product of our offense being good enough to score points (And the 'Skins running game being bad). I'd trust the Jets rushing totals more than ours currently (but hey, I could always be wrong).

Ole Miss Texan
09-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Would yall start:

Mike Sims-Walker against Philly

or

Louis Murphy against Arizona

(note- MJD is a starting RB and Mercedes Lewis is the TE)

Ole Miss Texan
09-24-2010, 01:28 PM
The only thing with us and rush defense, is that number could get entirely inflated if the Cowboys are playing with a lead for awhile. I think our Rush D is more of a product of our offense being good enough to score points (And the 'Skins running game being bad). I'd trust the Jets rushing totals more than ours currently (but hey, I could always be wrong).

That's a very valid point, but our Secondary is very weak. I think whether the Cowboys have the lead or they're down, Romo is going to be throwing it against our young guys.

dc_txtech
09-26-2010, 10:27 AM
With Ryan Grant and Knowshon going down, I've been struggling with this decision all week. I'm starting Foster for sure but not sure who to put in at RB2

M. Barber @ HOU
C. Buckhalter vs IND
J. Snelling @ NO

None of them look too sexy this week, what do ya'll think?

Dutchrudder
09-26-2010, 12:13 PM
Buckhalter? Indy's run D is pretty bad...

Hardcore Texan
10-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Who would you start in the flex spot out of Lee Evans, Nate Washington,or CJ Spiller? For Week4.

Texan4Ever
10-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Who would you start in the flex spot out of Lee Evans, Nate Washington,or CJ Spiller? For Week4.

I have Nate Washington as a starting WR. I would go with him because he has a great game last week and I expect him to have another 100+ yard receiving game.

Mailman
10-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Those are all unfortunate choices, but if I had to pick one I'd go with Lee Evans. I like Spiller's upside potential but he's facing a tough test against the Jets run defense and the Bills coaching staff is foolishly not getting him enough touches. Evans, as disappointing as he's been throughout his career, is at least a WR1. With Revis out another game, I'd give the nod to Evans here.

Mailman
10-03-2010, 12:35 PM
I have Nate Washington as a starting WR. I would go with him because he has a great game last week and I expect him to have another 100+ yard receiving game.

Uh, what? 3 rec for 30 yards is a great game?

Hardcore Texan
10-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Those are all unfortunate choices, but if I had to pick one I'd go with Lee Evans. I like Spiller's upside potential but he's facing a tough test against the Jets run defense and the Bills coaching staff is foolishly not getting him enough touches. Evans, as disappointing as he's been throughout his career, is at least a WR1. With Revis out another game, I'd give the nod to Evans here.

My thoughts exactly. I also have Sproles :rake:

Texan4Ever
10-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Uh, what? 3 rec for 30 yards is a great game?

Ok, Ill give you that but he's had flashes of being solid and VY likes to target him a lot so thats why I said he would be a good option as a 3rd receiver.

Hardcore Texan
10-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Ok, Ill give you that but he's had flashes of being solid and VY likes to target him a lot so thats why I said he would be a good option as a 3rd receiver.

He ended up getting more points than Evans in my PPR league.

Cush
10-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Would yall start:

Mike Sims-Walker against Philly

or

Louis Murphy against Arizona

(note- MJD is a starting RB and Mercedes Lewis is the TE)

I dropped Sims Walker in my league, :gun: but I have a good receiving group without him. (Nicks, Collie, Ocho, Dez B)

I would start Murph, drop Sims, and pickup Mike Williams (TB) or Brandon Tate (NE).

eriadoc
10-07-2010, 11:03 AM
OK, I need to start a combination of 2WR, 2RB, and one flex out of the following:

RB: Addai, Torain, Best, McFadden, and Hillis.
WR: RMoss, SHolmes, Austin, Floyd.

Floyd is the only guy that is definitely out.

Help? TIA.

dc_txtech
10-07-2010, 11:53 AM
OK, I need to start a combination of 2WR, 2RB, and one flex out of the following:

RB: Addai, Torain, Best, McFadden, and Hillis.
WR: RMoss, SHolmes, Austin, Floyd.

Floyd is the only guy that is definitely out.

Help? TIA.

I would go with Hillis, Torain, Austin, Moss, and a toss up between and Best and Holmes in the flex spot.

It looks like McFadden isn't going to play this week.

dc_txtech
10-07-2010, 11:55 AM
What are Mathews owners doing this week?

Great matchup against the Raiders, and we all saw what the Texans did to them on the ground. I also have Tolbert and I'm not really sure which way I should lean. I've considered starting both of them...

eriadoc
10-07-2010, 12:03 PM
I would go with Hillis, Torain, Austin, Moss, and a toss up between and Best and Holmes in the flex spot.

It looks like McFadden isn't going to play this week.

No love for Addai at all, huh?

What are Mathews owners doing this week?

Agonizing, as far as I can tell. I honestly don't know what I'd do about that situation.

JB
10-07-2010, 12:12 PM

Not going against KC. They have allowed the fewest rushing yards so far this year.

dc_txtech
10-07-2010, 12:14 PM

Agonizing, as far as I can tell. I honestly don't know what I'd do about that situation.

I hate Addai, so maybe I am discrediting him a bit. Is it a ppr league?

Blake
10-15-2010, 11:29 AM
QB: Cutler post concussion vs. Seattle, or Henne @ GB without CM possibly?

Flex: WR Floyd @ STL or RB Brandon Jackson vs. Miami?

Currently I have Cutler and Jackson starting.

BigBull17
10-15-2010, 11:39 AM
Kyle Orton vs Jets or Big Ben vs Cleveland? I don't know if he'll be rusty, and Orton is having a great year.

Tailgate
10-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Kyle Orton vs Jets or Big Ben vs Cleveland? I don't know if he'll be rusty, and Orton is having a great year.

Really is a tough call. Only Henne has scored in the 20's vs the jets so far this year. But Orton has gone off vs. Balt and Tenn recently. I would go with Orton to see where Ben is at, not to mention I can see Pitt running ALOT and having a lead and sticking with it.

Blake
10-15-2010, 11:55 AM

Coin flip.

Orton vs. a really good denfese.

Ben Roe vs. Bad Browns. Last time Ben played in Cleveland he had 200 yards and 0 Td's.

BigBull17
10-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Really is a tough call. Only Henne has scored in the 20's vs the jets so far this year. But Orton has gone off vs. Balt and Tenn recently. I would go with Orton to see where Ben is at, not to mention I can see Pitt running ALOT and having a lead and sticking with it.

Yeah, its hard to not start my highest point getter Orton.

Hardcore Texan
10-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Who should I start?

I have got to figure out my two WR positions and Flex, here's my options:

Dez Bryant (Questionable)
Calvin Johnson (Questionable)
M. Colston (Probable)
M. Barber
N. Wasthington

If Johnson and and Bryant weren't iffy I'd probably go with them. I won't be around my computer after Sat night so I'd like to get it set. I am thinking playing Washington, Johnson, and Colston.

JB
10-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Who should I start?

M. Colston (Probable)
M. Barber
N. Wasthington

If Johnson and and Bryant weren't iffy I'd probably go with them. I won't be around my computer after Sat night so I'd like to get it set. I am thinking playing Washington, Johnson, and Colston.

Probably what I would go with...

J_R
10-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Edit

Hardcore Texan
10-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Who should I start?

M. Colston (Probable)
M. Barber
N. Wasthington

Bump. Anymore advice out there.

Ckw
10-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Bump. Anymore advice out there.

No question, Washington, Colston, and Johnson are the only way to go. Barber has been garbage and Bryant is injured and also hasn't been that good. Brees is finally starting to look Colston's way a bit more this year.

Now, go comment on the "Trade Advice" thread and tell me what you think of my trades.

Ckw
10-17-2010, 02:38 AM
Hope someone can respond before 12 tomorrow.

Curious on who you guys think I should start. I need to start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex.

Options are Arian Foster, Ahmad Bradshaw, Jamaal Charles, Wes Welker, Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt, and Michael Crabtree.

Right now, I have Arian Foster, Ahmad Bradshaw, Jamaal Charles, Wes Welker, and Brandon Marshall starting. Curious if you guys think for any reason I should go with Britt or even Crabtree.

eriadoc
10-17-2010, 11:06 AM
Hope someone can respond before 12 tomorrow.

Curious on who you guys think I should start. I need to start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex.

Options are Arian Foster, Ahmad Bradshaw, Jamaal Charles, Wes Welker, Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt, and Michael Crabtree.

Right now, I have Arian Foster, Ahmad Bradshaw, Jamaal Charles, Wes Welker, and Brandon Marshall starting. Curious if you guys think for any reason I should go with Britt or even Crabtree.

I'd stick with what you have. Britt and Crabtree haven't proven they're consistent enough to play on anything but a fill-in basis.

Texan4Ever
10-17-2010, 03:49 PM
I picked up the Rams D because the Steelers were on a bye week and they earned me negative points. I dropped them and now against the Chargers they got 7 sacks and 1 INT so far...amazing.

Hardcore Texan
10-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Well I need Nate Washington to get me 8 points or more tonight to win this week. So glad I didn't get scared out of starting Calvin Johnson because of his questionable status. He ended up going off.

Goldensilence
10-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Do I start Brandon Marshall vs steelers? Or colston against browns. I also am starting meachem. Both could have a big game against the browns d.

dc_txtech
10-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Do I start Brandon Marshall vs steelers? Or colston against browns. I also am starting meachem. Both could have a big game against the browns d.

I would start Marshall, especially if it's ppr. Colston has been a dud this season but of course as soon as you bench him he will go off for 150 yards and a TD. :rake:

BigBull17
10-22-2010, 10:18 AM
I picked up the Rams D because the Steelers were on a bye week and they earned me negative points. I dropped them and now against the Chargers they got 7 sacks and 1 INT so far...amazing.

Rams D kick you in the nuts too?

Kyle Orton vs Oakland or Big Ben vs Miami?

gtexan02
10-22-2010, 10:25 AM
1 WR
1 Flex

Who would you fill them with:
Mike Wallace and Hines Ward vs Mia
TO vs Atlanta
Darren McFadden vs Denver

eriadoc
10-22-2010, 10:51 AM
1 WR
1 Flex

TO vs Atlanta

TO and DMC, pending health. He looks like he'll start, and I know they think Bush is the starter out there, but once DMC starts reminding them what he was doing before he went down, they'll keep feeding him the ball.

TO is always a HR threat, so I'd take that over Ward or Wallace.

Hardcore Texan
10-22-2010, 01:09 PM
I need more RB/WR/Flex help, some cast of crappy choices....lol:

I need to start 2 RB's, 2 WR and Flex.

My RB's are set at:
Peterson
L. McCoy

What's left:
Colston
Lee Evans
CJ Spiller
Dez Bryant
Hightower
Anthony Armstrong (just named the starter, I think I am going to go with him for sure)
N. Washington

I guess I have to stick with Colston, and like Armstrong, so really unless there's a compelling reason not to, I just need to fill the flex spot with a RB or WR.

I don't have much faith in the rest of the choices. I wish Calvin Johnson didn't have a bye week. Ricky Williams is out there on the waiver wire but it's a bad week to play him vs. PIT. I might make room for him though, maybe his season will pick up.

I am leaning towards Hightower but might get lucky with Washington, he might be get a TD this week and it is PPR.

Hardcore Texan
10-22-2010, 01:14 PM
1 WR
1 Flex

TO vs Atlanta

I go with Ward not that big ben is back. And then it's a toss up between TO and DMC. I would check the opponent rank (atlanta's pass D and denver's run D) and go from there. And as Eriadoc said, depends on health.

Hardcore Texan
10-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Any advice out there?

LikeMike
10-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Matt Forte or Jamaal Charles? I have Chris Johnson as the other starter at HB.

Hardcore Texan
10-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Matt Forte or Jamaal Charles? I have Chris Johnson as the other starter at HB.

That's tough. I don't think you can go wrong. I'd use the positional rankings as the tie breaker.

gtexan02
10-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Good thing I started DMC!

Hardcore Texan
10-25-2010, 04:10 PM
Good thing I started DMC!

Yep! Ward had a good game to right?

On Sunday morning I dropped the Chargers defense and picked up the Skins defense. What a great move, those 23 points won me the game!

On another note, who would have thought to start Lee Evans against Baltimore's D? He got 34 points in my league too bad he was on my bench.

JB
10-27-2010, 12:00 AM
Brees & Ben going head to head this week. Which one to start?

gtexan02
10-27-2010, 12:08 AM

Tough call.

How much do you lose for INTs?

Ckw
10-27-2010, 06:16 PM
Alright, I really don't know what to do. Should I start Wes Welker? My two starting WRs are set with Marshall and Calvin Johnson, but my flex is in flux.

My other options are Mike Wallace (who has scored both weeks Big Ben has been back), Michael Crabtree, and Beanie Wells (who was fairly productive last week).

Welker has been TERRIBLE the last few weeks, and I am a dumb ass for trading for him. What to do, what to do...

JB
10-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Tough call.

How much do you lose for INTs?

-2 for each int.

Hardcore Texan
10-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Once again I need help with my team, Lesean McCoy is on a bye so:

I need to pick one RB, my Flex spot and 2 WR's:

RB's are (other than AP):
Hightower
Legarret Blount (picked up on a flier this week to stash on bench)
CJ Spiller (don't know why I have held on to this guy, still holding out hope that he'll get hot later in the season)

Now I thought about dumping Hightower and grabbing our RB Ward for the Indy game. He is going to be spelling Foster and they have a porous run D. Hightower, Blount, and Spiller all have decent matchups if nothing else.

WR's:
Lee Evans (has he awoke from his slumber, Fitzpatrick is hitting a groove)
Calvin Johnson (must start)
Dez Bryant (roller coaster performer w/ a good match up against the jags)
Marques Colston (who knows, finally had a good game last week)
Anthony Armstrong (Skins starting WR opposite of Santana Moss, good matchup vs. the Lions)

Hardcore Texan
10-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Right now I am leaning towards:

RB: Blount
Flex: Lee Evans
WR: C. Johnson
WR: Dez Bryant

El Tejano
10-28-2010, 11:20 AM
I got a decision between Dustin Keller, Owen Daniels, and Marcedes Lewis. I am thinking OD had good games vs. Indy.

Hardcore Texan
10-28-2010, 11:21 AM

Normally it would be a no brainer, and one would expect Brees to bounce back but it's a tough matchup. I think Ben is the safer pick, Saints seem to be in disarray ATM.

eriadoc
10-28-2010, 11:46 AM

That's your winner right there. Blount is getting more and more workload it seems. Lee Evans is as hit and miss as it gets, but as you said Fitzpatrick is on a roll.

As for CJ Spiller, it's worth noting that Fred Jackson got 23 carries last week. That doesn't bode well for Spiller.

dc_txtech
10-28-2010, 11:53 AM

That looks like the best bet to me. Colston gets some consideration but he just hasn't been consistent enough this season.

Alright, I really don't know what to do. Should I start Wes Welker? My two starting WRs are set with Marshall and Calvin Johnson, but my flex is in flux.

My other options are Mike Wallace (who has scored both weeks Big Ben has been back), Michael Crabtree, and Beanie Wells (who was fairly productive last week).

Welker has been TERRIBLE the last few weeks, and I am a dumb ass for trading for him. What to do, what to do...

I would ride the hot hand in Wallace.

I got a decision between Dustin Keller, Owen Daniels, and Marcedes Lewis. I am thinking OD had good games vs. Indy.

Daniels looked good against KC but that's the only good fantasy week he has had this season. Lewis lost his starting QB and his backup so there is a lot of uncertainty there.

I would go with Keller for sure.

Ckw
10-28-2010, 11:54 AM

I'd go with Big Ben. With the way that Steelers D is playing right now, I'm not even sure Brees can put up decent numbers against them.

Hightower
CJ Spiller (don't know why I have held on to this guy, still holding out hope that he'll get hot later in the season)

Now I thought about dumping Hightower and grabbing our RB Ward for the Indy game. He is going to be spelling Foster and they have a porous run D. Hightower, Blount, and Spiller all have decent matchups if nothing else.

WR's:
Anthony Armstrong (Skins starting WR opposite of Santana Moss, good matchup vs. the Lions)

I think I would go with Blount, Calvin, Colston, and Evans.

I predict we run the ball like crazy again. OD could be our main go-to receiver though. Tough call. Keller started out great, and I'd be very tempted to start him though.

Ckw
10-28-2010, 11:57 AM
So what do you guys think? I need to start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex. My options are:

Arian Foster
Jamaal Charles
Beanie Wells
Mike Tolbert
Calvin Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Wes Welker (has been TERRIBLE)
Mike Wallace
Michael Crabtree

dc_txtech
10-28-2010, 11:59 AM
That's your winner right there. Blount is getting more and more workload it seems. Lee Evans is as hit and miss as it gets, but as you said Fitzpatrick is on a roll.

As for CJ Spiller, it's worth noting that Fred Jackson got 23 carries last week. That doesn't bode well for Spiller.

This baffles me. Spiller had 7 carries and averaged 4.7 per. Jackson averaged 3.2 per carry. Why don't they get CJ the ball more? Why use the #9 overall pick on a guy that you aren't going to let touch the ball? Buffalo has got a lot of problems going on over there.

dc_txtech
10-28-2010, 12:09 PM
So what do you guys think? I need to start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex. My options are:

Arian Foster
Jamaal Charles
Calvin Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Mike Wallace

That's what I would do.

Ckw
10-28-2010, 12:12 PM
That's what I would do.

Repped. Appreciate it.

What do you guys think about me dropping Mike Tolbert to pick up Blount? Think I should do it?

dc_txtech
10-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Repped. Appreciate it.

What do you guys think about me dropping Mike Tolbert to pick up Blount? Think I should do it?

Thanks for the rep and yeah that would probably be a good decision. Tolbert will only have value if Mathews gets hurt again IMO.

Hardcore Texan
10-28-2010, 12:26 PM

Arian Foster
Jamaal Charles
Beanie Wells
Mike Tolbert
Calvin Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Mike Wallace
Michael Crabtree

I'd go:

Arian Foster
Jamaal Charles
Calvin Johnson
Brandon Marshall
B. Wells

Is it a PPR league?

Hardcore Texan
10-28-2010, 12:33 PM

Thanks.

I can't argue with DC's logic below, but I just got a feeling OD is going to go off. It's just a hunch though.

That looks like the best bet to me. Colston gets some consideration but he just hasn't been consistent enough this season.

I would ride the hot hand in Wallace.

Daniels looked good against KC but that's the only good fantasy week he has had this season. Lewis lost his starting QB and his backup so there is a lot of uncertainty there.

I would go with Keller for sure.

eriadoc
10-28-2010, 12:52 PM

Arian Foster
Jamaal Charles
Beanie Wells
Mike Tolbert
Calvin Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Mike Wallace
Michael Crabtree

Bolded for starters, underlined for flex. I'm not sure of Tolbert's status, but I'd lean toward him.

Mailman
10-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Repped. Appreciate it.

Absolutely. While I disagree that Mathews' status makes Tolbert worthless (Tolbert is much better at blitz pickup and pass protection), the name of the game is opportunity and Blount is about to get a lot of it. He is running strong, albeit on a lesser offense, but his upside in the Tampa backfield makes him a waiver-wire hot buy.

El Tejano
10-28-2010, 03:35 PM
What about Kevin Walter or Danny Armendola?

Mailman
10-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Ouch, neither one is a particularly good choice. Carolina has a stingy pass defense and Amendola hasn't been targeted heavily as he was early in the season, but I'd lean his way if yours is a ppr or return yardage league. Otherwise I think I'd go with Walter as the Texans will probably lose and need to throw the ball a lot to play catch-up. He might get you a TD.

Ckw
10-28-2010, 04:27 PM
If I drop Tolbert and bring in Blount, think Blount is worth starting at the flex?

beerlover
10-28-2010, 04:59 PM
If I drop Tolbert and bring in Blount, think Blount is worth starting at the flex?

I could see this coming despite character issues (reason why never considered him Texan material) he is a dynamic red zone power back. becoming more the feature back on a conservative offense as oppossed to San Diego which throws all caution to the wind & under utilize Tolberts skills to move the chains as a complement to arial attack.

gary
10-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Sit/start McNabb vs Lions or Kitna vs Jags?

beerlover
10-28-2010, 06:02 PM

thats easy one start Kitna

gary
10-28-2010, 06:09 PM
thats easy one start Kitna
Kitna has more weapons to go to than McNabb does.

Hardcore Texan
10-28-2010, 09:59 PM

FWIW I am starting Blount as my 2nd RB.

Yankee_In_TX
10-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Gaffney, Jacoby or Welker?

(for the records, Welker has sucked the last few weeks)

Ckw
10-28-2010, 11:36 PM
Gaffney, Jacoby or Welker?

(for the records, Welker has sucked the last few weeks)

Depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a possible boom or bust, go with Welker. I have him on my team as well, and he has definitely sucked the last few weeks from a fantasy perspective. But as we saw in week 1, he can really make things happen.

If you are just looking for a consistent, guaranteed 5-8 points, I'd go with Gaffney.

You in a PPR league?

Old School
10-29-2010, 06:25 AM
Which two RB's do I start? I have Foster, Thomas Jones and Darren McFadden. I am in the NFL.com league.
I really want to start Foster but something in the back of my mind tells me to lay off him this week. Thoughts?

Hardcore Texan
10-29-2010, 08:22 AM
Which two RB's do I start? I have Foster, Thomas Jones and Darren McFadden. I am in the NFL.com league.
I really want to start Foster but something in the back of my mind tells me to lay off him this week. Thoughts?

Foster and DMC.

Mailman
10-29-2010, 02:36 PM

You absolutely start Foster. He's matchup-proof at this point and you never bench your studs.

I'd go Foster and Jones.

Mailman
10-29-2010, 02:50 PM

Gotta go with Kitna. McNabb will get yards against the Lions but he's not throwing many TDs this season.

Mailman
10-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Need a little input....

I've assembled a juggernaut of a team in my main money league. It's a 12-team ppr+return yardage league. We start 3 wrs and no flex.

My roster looks like this:

Rodgers/Stafford

Foster
Bradshaw
Hillis
Ward

Roddy
Boldin
Harvin
Malcom Floyd
Evans
McCluster

Cooley
Shiancoe

Pitt D

I'm cruising at 6-1 and have scored the most points by far. However, it looks like my win streak will probably end this week due to week 8 byes (Bradshaw, Hillis, Boldin, White). I knew this week would hurt me, but it's compounded by the injuries to Floyd and McCluster. I've hung on to McCluster for his dual WR/RB eligibility in yahoo leagues and was planning to use him at my RB2 spot this week, but he is likely out this week with a high ankle sprain. I'm starting both Foster and Ward at running back but I have nobody else to start at my third receiver spot alongside Harvin and Evans.

Jacoby Jones is available on the waiver wire, has recovered from his calf injury, and is going to return kicks. Should I drop McCluster for JJ to improve my chances this week, or should I just ride out Dexter's injury and hold on to his upside and dual yahoo eligibility?

Realistically I won't be counting on either one of them as a starter once the byes are finished, but wide receiver depth is critical in this league. Who is the better guy to stash?

TIA.

dc_txtech
10-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Need a little input....

I've assembled a juggernaut of a team in my main money league. It's a 12-team ppr+return yardage league. We start 3 wrs and no flex.

Rodgers/Stafford

Foster
Bradshaw
Hillis
Ward

Roddy
Boldin
Harvin
Malcom Floyd
Evans
McCluster

Cooley
Shiancoe

Pitt D

I'm cruising at 6-1 and have scored the most points by far. However, it looks like my win streak will probably end this week due to week 8 byes (Bradshaw, Hillis, Boldin, White). I knew this week would hurt me, but it's compounded by the injuries to Floyd and McCluster. I've hung on to McCluster for his dual WR/RB eligibility in yahoo leagues and was planning to use him at my RB2 spot this week, but he is likely out this week with a high ankle sprain. I'm starting both Foster and Ward at running back but I have nobody else to start at my third receiver spot alongside Harvin and Evans.

Jacoby Jones is available on the waiver wire, has recovered from his calf injury, and is going to return kicks. Should I drop McCluster for JJ to improve my chances this week, or should I just ride out Dexter's injury and hold on to his upside and dual yahoo eligibility?

Realistically I won't be counting on either one of them as a starter once the byes are finished, but wide receiver depth is critical in this league. Who is the better guy to stash?

TIA.

Damn this is actually the first I'm hearing about Dexter's injury. I've had him stashed on my money league (ppr, point for every 20 return yards) bench all season and he was just starting to come around.

This could very well be the time to cut him loose especially in your situation. Does your league give a point per 20 return yards? Is Jacoby returning punts and kicks?

beerlover
10-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Need a little input....

Rodgers/Stafford

Foster
Bradshaw
Hillis
Ward

Roddy
Boldin
Harvin
Malcom Floyd
Evans
McCluster

Cooley
Shiancoe

Pitt D

TIA.

you could always just mail it in.

not sure who is available in your league but would look @ the following:

Anthony Gonzalez, WR Colts...enough said
Mike Williams, WR Seahawks...31 targets last two weeks
David Gettis, WR Carolina...late rd. steal out of Baylor

Mailman
10-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Thanks, beer, but of those three only Gettis is available. I'm not buying into a guy who has one-week wonder written all over him. He may prove me wrong but I suspect Carolina Steve won't lose his looks and touches to a late-round pick from Baylor.

I like Jacoby's fantasy potential much more than Gettis. The only other FA receivers I'd consider are Anthony Armstrong, Jordy Nelson, and Nate Burleson.

Mailman
10-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Damn this is actually the first I'm hearing about Dexter's injury. I've had him stashed on my money league (ppr, point for every 20 return yards) bench all season and he was just starting to come around.

This could very well be the time to cut him loose especially in your situation. Does your league give a point per 20 return yards? Is Jacoby returning punts and kicks?

1 pt for every 25 return yards, half-point for every reception. Harvin is particularly valuable to me now because he's touching the ball in so many ways.

Yes, Jacoby will be returning both kickoffs and punts. With the Texans defense sucking balls, he should get a lot of chances in the return game.

ChampionTexan
10-29-2010, 04:04 PM
With my #1 back on a bye this week, I've got to choose between Danny Woodhead (vs. GB) or Donald Brown (vs. Us) to be my #2 RB.

Any thoughts?

Mailman
10-29-2010, 04:11 PM
PPR? Go with Woodhead.

dc_txtech
10-29-2010, 04:21 PM
1 pt for every 25 return yards, half-point for every reception. Harvin is particularly valuable to me now because he's touching the ball in so many ways.

Yes, Jacoby will be returning both kickoffs and punts. With the Texans defense sucking balls, he should get a lot of chances in the return game.

Yeah, I think Jacoby could have a big week for you, probably worth dropping McCluster.

dc_txtech
10-29-2010, 04:38 PM
With my #1 back on a bye this week, I've got to choose between Danny Woodhead (vs. GB) or Donald Brown (vs. Us) to be my #2 RB.

Any thoughts?

I would say Brown is more likely to get you a 1 point game but also more likely to get you a 20 point game. Woodhead has been steadily average.

Ole Miss Texan
10-29-2010, 05:27 PM

Any thoughts?

What's the deal with Donald Brown? Is he going to play? Would anyone consider putting Mike Hart in the flex RB/WR spot or is Brown for sure back?

dc_txtech
10-29-2010, 06:37 PM
What's the deal with Donald Brown? Is he going to play? Would anyone consider putting Mike Hart in the flex RB/WR spot or is Brown for sure back?

Brown didn't practice yesterday and was limited today. Says he expects to play, likely a game time decision. Either way he's going to split time with Hart.

Hardcore Texan
10-31-2010, 10:09 AM
edit

Hardcore Texan
10-31-2010, 10:10 AM

Hightower

WR's:

Okay, I just dropped Hightower and picked up Ricky Williams. Should I start him over Dez Bryant or Lee Evans in the flex?

beerlover
10-31-2010, 11:27 AM
Thanks, beer, but of those three only Gettis is available. I'm not buying into a guy who has one-week wonder written all over him. He may prove me wrong but I suspect Carolina Steve won't lose his looks and touches to a late-round pick from Baylor.

I like Jacoby's fantasy potential much more than Gettis. The only other FA receivers I'd consider are Anthony Armstrong, Jordy Nelson, and Nate Burleson.

damn I may have to use him myself, Jackson & Floyd out, now Deion Branch questionable?

Hardcore Texan
10-31-2010, 12:45 PM
Bueller?

Mailman
10-31-2010, 12:47 PM
Okay, I just dropped Hightower and picked up Ricky Williams. Should I start him over Dez Bryant or Lee Evans in the flex?

I'd probably play Ricky there, but Dez Bryant has a great matchup and he's starting to prove himself as a solid WR3 starter.

Hardcore Texan
10-31-2010, 12:51 PM
I'd probably play Ricky there, but Dez Bryant has a great matchup and he's starting to prove himself as a solid WR3 starter.

I decided to put Colston back in the line up. so I got:

CJ
Colston
Ricky (flex)

still starting Blount and AP.

Hardcore Texan
10-31-2010, 08:04 PM
well I had a nice day. 146 pts and counting, still got Colston left to play. Blount had a great day, as did a lot of my "studs".

BigBull17
11-01-2010, 08:45 AM
For the record, I HATE Randel El. That little p word cost me my whole game.

Ckw
11-01-2010, 11:39 AM
well I had a nice day. 146 pts and counting, still got Colston left to play. Blount had a great day, as did a lot of my "studs".

Who else did you start? Jamaal Charles and Calvin Johnson both had great days for me. I am up 94-55 on my opponent. Should be interesting though as I have Arian Foster and he has Matt Schaub. If Schaub has the game of his life and Foster doesn't do much, it could be competitive. But I highly doubt that.

Wish I had started Blount. I did swap out Welker/Wallace for Beanie Wells which turned out to be a decent move. Overall good day for me yesterday, and I am the leader in points this week.

Hardcore Texan
11-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Who else did you start? Jamaal Charles and Calvin Johnson both had great days for me. I am up 94-55 on my opponent. Should be interesting though as I have Arian Foster and he has Matt Schaub. If Schaub has the game of his life and Foster doesn't do much, it could be competitive. But I highly doubt that.

Wish I had started Blount. I did swap out Welker/Wallace for Beanie Wells which turned out to be a decent move. Overall good day for me yesterday, and I am the leader in points this week.

Ended up with 165 pts, far more than anyone in my league, I am excited about the rest of the season as I finally may have got another quality RB in Blount.

I started:
Rivers
Peterson
Blount
Ricky Williams
Colston
CJ
Moeaki
Redskins D
Sebastian J.

on the bench:
LeSean McCoy
Anthony Armstrong
Dez Bryant
Matt Ryan
Tony Gonzales
CJ Spiller
Lee Evans

Yankee_In_TX
11-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Witten or Miller? Miller has had a steller year, until last week when he was pretty much shut out (and Witten got 15 on the bench).

Welker's ass is going to the bench. I'm tired of Brady (my QB) trying to find as many ways as possible to score without throwing the ball.

Pick TWO (one must be a wr):

Woodhead
Beanie Wells
Ricky Williams
Bryant
Manningham

NOT a ppr league. These guys have been so freaking inconsistent they either get 2 points or 20.

GP
11-05-2010, 12:58 PM
My advice:

Sit ALL Texans players. For the rest of the season.

Because you can't possibly calculate which DAY out of the remaining 9 Sundays you can get points out of any of them.

Just don't do start a Texans player. You've been warned. Heed my advice and be happy, or ignore it and be eternally angry with the outcome.

Yankee_In_TX
11-05-2010, 12:59 PM
My advice:

Because you can't possibly calculate which DAY out of the remaining 9 Sundays you can get points out of any of them.

Just don't do start a Texans player. You've been warned. Heed my advice and be happy, or ignore it and be eternally angry with the outcome.

Not Foster - he's gotten my wife good points each week, awesome points other weeks.

dc_txtech
11-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Not Foster - he's gotten my wife good points each week, awesome points other weeks.

That Andre Johnson guy is pretty good too...

Hardcore Texan
11-05-2010, 03:23 PM
What FA D/ST should I pick up? I need a bye week fill in.

I thinking Raiders or Lion. Believe it or not....lol

Mailman
11-05-2010, 04:55 PM
What FA D/ST should I pick up? I need a bye week fill in.

I thinking Raiders or Lion. Believe it or not....lol

Lions all the way. They will get you points this week against the Jets. I expect Suh to wreck Sanchez's Sunday. The Raiders will probably be without Nmadi.

Mailman
11-05-2010, 04:58 PM
My advice:

Um, Arian Foster is the #1 ranked player overall in my yahoo money league. I think I'll keep starting him from here on out.

Terrible, terrible fantasy advice. Stick to real football analysis.

Mailman
11-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Witten or Miller? Miller has had a steller year, until last week when he was pretty much shut out (and Witten got 15 on the bench).

Witten. Green Bay will jump ahead of the Cowboys and force them to throw the ball a lot, meaning that Kitna should lean heavily on Witten.

Welker's ass is going to the bench. I'm tired of Brady (my QB) trying to find as many ways as possible to score without throwing the ball.

Woodhead
Beanie Wells
Ricky Williams
Bryant
Manningham

NOT a ppr league. These guys have been so freaking inconsistent they either get 2 points or 20.

If you get return yardage, you have to go with Bryant at one position and Wells the other. I think I'd start Dez anyway. Have you considered dropping someone to pick up Ajirotutu against the Texans?

alphajoker
11-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Rivers or Eli? If Rivers were playing against another 32nd rank team in passing defense I'd start him in a heart beat, but that's my problem, that 32nd rank team is my Texans. Should I start Rivers?

steelbtexan
11-07-2010, 09:08 AM

Woodhead
Beanie Wells
Ricky Williams
Bryant
Manningham

Bryant and Woodhead

Woodhead has been a consistent 10 = scorer lately.

Bryant because he gets more PT than Manningham and he also returns punts.

steelbtexan
11-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Rivers or Eli? If Rivers were playing against another 32nd rank team in passing defense I'd start him in a heart beat, but that's my problem, that 32nd rank team is my Texans. Should I start Rivers?

Depends on if you want to win your game.

Start Rivers.

I hate feeling this way.

But Bushs' defense is what it is.

alphajoker
11-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Depends on if you want to win your game.
Start Rivers.

I hate feeling this way.

But Bushs' defense is what it is.

That's my conundrum...I would like to win both. lol

steelbtexan
11-07-2010, 09:25 AM
It's going to be a high scoring game.

Here's to the Texans out scoring them and picking up a much needed win.

GP
11-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Um, Arian Foster is the #1 ranked player overall in my yahoo money league. I think I'll keep starting him from here on out.

Terrible, terrible fantasy advice. Stick to real football analysis.

LOL.

You're ASSuming Foster gets the ball enough in order to produce.

The smart play is to trade those guys, such as Foster, but not sure if those leagues have had a trade deadline pass already or not.

Foster could net someone a couple of players, or one really good one.

I just think the Texans are about to crater big time. The offense is broken, due to new o-coord, and its killing the whole offense. It's a risk to start Texans players. They're better used as trade bait.

Hardcore Texan
11-07-2010, 11:08 AM

That's a no brainer. Start Rivers.

He's been lighting it up. I have him as well, this is a juicy matchup. You can't play with your heart in FF, especially being a Texans fan...lol

Look at this way, he if he blows and Houton wins, it's a good day. If we get dominated at least you can say to yourself that your FF team did well. Best case, he puts up good numbers but Schaub out duels him. :texflag:

Mailman
11-07-2010, 02:34 PM
LOL.

You're ASSuming Foster gets the ball enough in order to produce.

The smart play is to trade those guys, such as Foster, but not sure if those leagues have had a trade deadline pass already or not.
to start Texans players. They're better used as trade bait.

:mariopalm:

Like I said, stick to real football analysis. This is possibly the worst fantasy advice I've read this year.

JB
11-07-2010, 08:04 PM
:mariopalm:

Like I said, stick to real football analysis. This is possibly the worst fantasy advice I've read this year.

Actuallly, right now GP's advice looks pretty good. Dump while you have a chance to get anything for them.

V Man
11-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Since this week is basically over; question for next week.

Who should I start:
Schaub vs. Jacksonville or Matt Ryan vs. Baltimore

Hardcore Texan
11-08-2010, 03:27 PM

That's a no brainer. Start Rivers.

He's been lighting it up. I have him as well, this is a juicy matchup. You can't play with your heart in FF, especially being a Texans fan...lol

Look at this way, he if he blows and Houton wins, it's a good day. If we get dominated at least you can say to yourself that your FF team did well. Best case, he puts up good numbers but Schaub out duels him. :texflag:

I hope you started Rivers per my suggestion. He got me a ton of points. I would gladly trade them all for a Texans victory however.

Ckw
11-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Actuallly, right now GP's advice looks pretty good. Dump while you have a chance to get anything for them.

:spit:

Foster got 31 points yesterday! Yes, trade him NOW!

:sarcasm:

JB
11-08-2010, 06:53 PM
:spit:

Foster got 31 points yesterday! Yes, trade him NOW!

:sarcasm:

Funny how you didn't make the smarmy comment before yesterday's game. After the Colts game, it didn't look like Foster was going to get much work. Hindsight is normally better, and certainly easier, but whatever.

Mailman
11-08-2010, 09:40 PM

Who should I start:

Schaub. Jacksonville's secondary is horrible and I expect our passing offense to rebound this week. Additionally, Arian Foster has proven himself to be a stud in every facet of the game. He could easily turn a short screen into a long TD.

Mailman
11-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Funny how you didn't make the smarmy comment before yesterday's game. After the Colts game, it didn't look like Foster was going to get much work. Hindsight is normally better, and certainly easier, but whatever.

Well, if you came away from that game thinking Foster would suddenly become an afterthought in the Texans offensive game plan, that folly is on you. It was one game, a game in which the Texans trailed, and every time he touched the ball he made things happen. You are guilty of letting your fan frustration affect your fantasy football analysis. So what if he got fewer touches than he should have against the Colts? He still got 24 touches and 27 fantasy points! And you're advising people to trade him?!?!?! That is crazy talk.

He leads the NFL in yards from scrimmage and rush+rec TDs, he's the top-rated player in most yahoo leagues, and he shows no signs of slowing down. There are only two guys I'd trade him for, and even then I doubt I'd make that trade as both Peterson and Chris Johnson have brand name value that makes them slightly overvalued for trade purposes. Simply put, you'd have to give more than Foster to get one of them in return, when they should all be equally valued.

When you have a breakout stud that you drafted for great value, you hold him tight and make others overpay. The last thing you do is trade him away. Think Priest Holmes....

Mailman
11-08-2010, 10:29 PM
I hope you started Rivers per my suggestion. He got me a ton of points. I would gladly trade them all for a Texans victory however.

I hope you all picked up Ajirotutu like I suggested. I was one of the few people on this board who wasn't unfamiliar with his name and expected him to blow up against our porous pass defense. If I'd had the roster space, I would've done it myself but I can't afford to drop Malcom Floyd for a one-week play.

4Texans
11-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Who should I start?

Eli Manning against the Cowboys, or Mike Vick against the Redskins?

Mailman
11-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Heh, that's a nice WDIS problem to have this week. I'd lean towards Vick as he's the more dangerous dual threat and he has a full arsenal of weapons at his disposal now that DeSean Jackson is back. Regardless, you can't go wrong with either choice.

MeLoveTexans
11-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Heh, that's a nice WDIS problem to have this week. I'd lean towards Vick as he's the more dangerous dual threat and he has a full arsenal of weapons at his disposal now that DeSean Jackson is back. Regardless, you can't go wrong with either choice.

Peyton or Vick?! I have Wayne and Tamme so I could handcuff TD's by starting Peyton, but I am worried about starting 3 colts.

dc_txtech
11-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Who should I start?

Eli Manning against the Cowboys, or Mike Vick against the Redskins?

Is it 4 or 6 points for passing TD's?

Manning has thrown 12 TD's in his last 4 games so he's kind of hard to bench right now. But if you're only getting 4 points per TD then Vick might be better due to his rushing abilities.

Like Mailman said though, you really can't go wrong with either of those two.

Ckw
11-10-2010, 02:50 PM

I would have gladly made the smarmy comment before the Chargers game. Foster got me 22 points in the Colts game. Still definitely worth a #1 RB spot.

dc_txtech
11-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Peyton or Vick?! I have Wayne and Tamme so I could handcuff TD's by starting Peyton, but I am worried about starting 3 colts.

Sounds like another situation where you can't really go wrong. Peyton is the safer play but Vick has more upside IMO. Just depends how much risk/reward you want to chance.

dc_txtech
11-10-2010, 02:59 PM
I would have gladly made the smarmy comment before the Chargers game. Foster got me 22 points in the Colts game. Still definitely worth a #1 RB spot.

Arian's weekly point totals in one of my Yahoo leagues.

If anybody is going to trade Foster, please trade him to me. I would be more than willing to take him off your hands.

Mailman
11-10-2010, 03:13 PM

I agree with dc. It depends on your league scoring.

Assuming your trade deadline is approaching, you might consider shopping Vick around to improve your team's weakness.

TexansSeminole
11-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Pick up Mike Sims-Walker regardless of who your receivers are. Just picked him up and started him over Dwayne Bowe (I also have Reggie Wayne and Anquan Boldin) who has like 5 touchdowns in the last 4 games. You know Sims Walker is going to have a monster day against our horrible defense.

Pick up Garrard too if you don't have a solid QB to start. Garrard threw 4 TDs against Dallas before the bye and now he gets to play our defense.

Mailman
11-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Yep, play all your Jaguars. The Texans D is a boon to fantasy owners everywhere. Always start your vs. Houstons.

Coincidentally, the Texans (and Jacksonville) were a major consideration in a blockbuster deal that I just pulled off in my ppr/return league. I gave up Ahmad Bradshaw + Anquan Boldin + Shiancoe and in return I got Chris Johnson. He is absolutely going to go bonkers down the stretch with Moss there and tasty matchups against the Texans twice, Jacksoville once, and Indy once.

I now have the best damn RB duo in fantasy land in Foster and CJ3, not to mention Aaron Rodgers, Roddy White, and Percy Harvin.

Mailman
11-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Should I trade away my depth at RB to get back what I lost in Boldin?

One of the guys in my league is super rich at WR (Nicks, AJ, Lloyd, Tampa Mike, R. Moss) and hurting at RB. His team has done well but is fighting it out for a playoff spot with three other teams.

Should I try and trade away my RB depth in Hillis for one of those guys? Fwiw I have both Foster and CJ3 handcuffed with Ward and Ringer.

V Man
11-12-2010, 09:55 AM

Who should I start:

Schaub. Jacksonville's secondary is horrible and I expect our passing offense to rebound this week. Additionally, Arian Foster has proven himself to be a stud in every facet of the game. He could easily turn a short screen into a long TD.

:cry2:

Looks like Schaub has his work cut out for him now, since Ryan decided to make the Raven's pass defense look like our pass defense.

Hardcore Texan
11-12-2010, 10:07 AM
I started Ryan with Rivers on a bye, I was worried about this game agains the Ravens, man was I pleasantly suprised by that performance.

dc_txtech
11-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Should I trade away my depth at RB to get back what I lost in Boldin?

One of the guys in my league is super rich at WR (Nicks, AJ, Lloyd, Tampa Mike, R. Moss) and hurting at RB. His team has done well but is fighting it out for a playoff spot with three other teams.

Should I try and trade away my RB depth in Hillis for one of those guys? Fwiw I have both Foster and CJ3 handcuffed with Ward and Ringer.

I would, I have faith in both your handcuffs to be reliable fantasy starters should the need arise. Make sure you get a good WR if you give up Hillis though.

Mailman
11-12-2010, 12:52 PM
I would, I have faith in both your handcuffs to be reliable fantasy starters should the need arise. Make sure you get a good WR if you give up Hillis though.

He's offered me AJ for Hillis straight up. That would give me some studly receivers but I will lose crucial depth at rb and the ability to play the matchups.

Stick with some combination of Floyd or Evans at WR3, or pull the trigger and get AJ?

dc_txtech
11-12-2010, 02:33 PM
He's offered me AJ for Hillis straight up. That would give me some studly receivers but I will lose crucial depth at rb and the ability to play the matchups.

Stick with some combination of Floyd or Evans at WR3, or pull the trigger and get AJ?

As much as I hate trading away a stud RB, I think this would give you the best chance to win your league. It's definitely a risky move though, good luck!

Texan4Ever
11-12-2010, 02:48 PM
IDK if this has been asked yet so, with QB Rivers on a bye week, should I start Garrad against the Texans?

dc_txtech
11-12-2010, 02:55 PM
IDK if this has been asked yet so, with QB Rivers on a bye week, should I start Garrad against the Texans?

I've got Garrard starting for Rivers in 2 of my 3 leagues. As much as I hate to say it, I think he is going to shred our secondary pretty good.

Mailman
11-12-2010, 03:07 PM
As much as I hate trading away a stud RB, I think this would give you the best chance to win your league. It's definitely a risky move though, good luck!

Took the deal, but tweaked it a bit. He gave me AJ + Beanie Wells and I gave him Hillis + Lee Evans. I felt great about it because it gave me some minimum depth at RB and a proven stud receiver.

Of course, I took the deal about an hour before I heard the latest news from Minnesota. Percy Harvin unexpectedly is now doubtful for Sunday! Fuuuuudge.

With the loss of Evans, I now have no other option at receiver due to Floyd and Jacoby Ford being on bye. I've jumped out to a big lead on my opponent thanks to Roddy White killing it for me and Michael Turner sucking for him, but he has some solid matchups remaining....namely, Garrard, Mike Thomas, and Lewis against our cheesecloth defense. And to make matters worse, I am starting Favre for Rodgers. Favre without Harvin or Rice? Ruh roh.

Mailman
11-12-2010, 03:08 PM
idk if this has been asked yet so, with qb rivers on a bye week, should i start garrad against the texans?

I cannot imagine a better WW option exists. Garrard is a must start.

Hardcore Texan
11-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Dez Bryant or Lee Evans?

Mailman
11-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Dez Bryant or Lee Evans?

Dez. Lee Evans is a feast/famine player. The Giants should destroy the Cowboys but Kitna will find Dez and throw him the ball.

Hardcore Texan
11-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Dez. Lee Evans is a feast/famine player. The Giants should destroy the Cowboys but Kitna will find Dez and throw him the ball.

Dez is kinda boom or bust as well but is starting to produce consistently. I worry about that Giants D pass rush bothering Kitna back there, that's the only reason it's not a no-brainer to me.

b0ng
11-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Right now I've got Moreno and Hillis starting over Best and T. Jones (KC). Keep it that way?

Also, I have Holmes, M. Williams (TB, and has been studly lately), and Wayne starting but I have this Randy Moss guy lurking in the shadows. Keep it?

Hardcore Texan
11-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Right now I've got Moreno and Hillis starting over Best and T. Jones (KC). Keep it that way?

Also, I have Holmes, M. Williams (TB, and has been studly lately), and Wayne starting but I have this Randy Moss guy lurking in the shadows. Keep it?

If you put Moss in I would only do it over Holmes, keep the other two fo sho. I'd probably keep the RB's the way you have them, without knowing their matchups. Who are they playing?

b0ng
11-14-2010, 11:43 AM
If you put Moss in I would only do it over Holmes, keep the other two fo sho. I'd probably keep the RB's the way you have them, without knowing their matchups. Who are they playing?

Hillis vs NYJ
Moreno vs KC
Best vs BUF
Jones vs DEN

I think I'll wait on Moss for a week to see what he does.

Hardcore Texan
11-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Hillis vs NYJ
Moreno vs KC
Best vs BUF
Jones vs DEN

I'd go Moreno, and then Hillis/Jones is a toss up. I am just not sure how they have been performing though, I have been kind of laser focus on my team only.

b0ng
11-14-2010, 11:50 AM
I'd go Moreno, and then Hillis/Jones is a toss up. I am just not sure how they have been performing though, I have been kind of laser focus on my team only.

Jones has been up and down but Hillis has been monstrous the last few games. Going with the "Don't sit your studs" rule.

Ckw
11-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Should I start Brandon Marshall or Mike Wallace?

Wallace has been very good since Big Ben has been back, but Marshall has the most upside. Marshall could get me 20 or he could get me 3.

Thoughts?

b0ng
11-14-2010, 11:58 AM

Wallace has been very good since Big Ben has been back, but Marshall has the most upside. Marshall could get me 20 or he could get me 3.

Thoughts?

Pennington tightened up the Silly Bandz in his shoulder and is making the start today. I'd probably stick with Wallace since I doubt the pats are going to harry Big Ben as much as the Titans are going to terrorize Penningtonstein.

dc_txtech
11-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Hillis vs NYJ
Moreno vs KC
Best vs BUF
Jones vs DEN

I would have a hard time benching Hillis, even against the Jets.

Denver and Buffalo rank 31 and 32 against the run respectively so there is a lot of upside there. I also have a feeling Moreno gets it done today (hopefully). Lots of good options for you, I would probably go with Jones and Hillis.

dc_txtech
11-14-2010, 12:00 PM

Thoughts?

Wallace IMO.

Ckw
11-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Thanks both of you. I am going to start Wallace along with Calvin Johnson.

Hardcore Texan
11-14-2010, 12:14 PM
Jones has been up and down but Hillis has been monstrous the last few games. Going with the "Don't sit your studs" rule.

Good call, I didn't realize he was lighting it up.

dc_txtech
11-14-2010, 12:17 PM
Is anybody starting Miles Austin today? This is who I'm going with instead in 2 leagues.

AJ
Lloyd
Amendola (pt per 20 return yards, .5 ppr)

Owens
Edwards
Harvin

Mailman
11-15-2010, 06:38 PM
I think it's safe to say that Mike Wallace and Dez Bryant are, in most instances, must starts from here on out.

I hope their owners started them yesterday.

Hardcore Texan
11-15-2010, 09:31 PM
I think it's safe to say that Mike Wallace and Dez Bryant are, in most instances, must starts from here on out.

I started Dez. You along with a couple others suggested the same thing and I was leaning that way. I tried to rep ya, but gotta spread it around first.....

Ckw
11-15-2010, 10:46 PM

Thanks to the advice around here, I got the benefit of Wallace's stellar game.

Agreed that he is now a must start.

The1ApplePie
11-16-2010, 12:09 PM
Sanchez vs. Texans or Rodgers vs. Min?

Also, Crabtree or Felix Jones?

b0ng
11-16-2010, 04:17 PM

Sanchez if we are assuming the rule of Texans. And I'd start Jones just due to his game being vs the Lions.
Should I sit Mike Williams (@SF) for Randy Moss (vs WAS)? I also have Wayne (@NE) and Holmes (vs HOU) but I figured those guys are locks to start.

Ckw
11-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Zach Miller who looks like he will play but how well after the injury is the question or Aaron Hernandez? I just can't decide and you guys gave great advice last week.

beerlover
11-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Zach Miller who looks like he will play but how well after the injury is the question or Aaron Hernandez? I just can't decide and you guys gave great advice last week.

I drafted the Krog then realized Aaron would get majority of targets so swapped TE's. But Brady likes to spread it around, like Brees, to the point your player might not even see any targets so dropped him too. go with a simple offense that gives its TE decent looks every week even if they are only average, go after consistancy & avoid hit & miss.

b0ng
11-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Here's a question:

Are the Texans bad enough defensively to render Mark Sanchez a good start over Flacco?

Mailman
11-21-2010, 11:38 AM

I own Rodgers and never bench him, but that's a tough one. The Texans D just keeps on giving to fantasy owners. The fan in me says start Rodgers, but if you want to hedge your real world with your fantasy world (or vice versa), start Sanchez.

And Felix Jones all the way.

Mailman
11-21-2010, 11:39 AM

Miller if he plays. Another guy you could grab off the ww this week is Jimmy Graham. Don't be surprised if he blows up for NO with Shockey out.

Mailman
11-21-2010, 11:40 AM
Here's a question:

Are the Texans bad enough defensively to render Mark Sanchez a good start over Flacco?

Uh hell yeah.

b0ng
11-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Looks like its time to put in a waiver claim for Rusty Smith lol.

Blake
11-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Favre @ WAS or Cutler vs PHI? Currently I have Favre starting, as the Eagles D can get after the QB. I think Cutler has a higher boom potential, but Favre vs. the worst D in the league ahead of the Texans is the safe play.

Also Vincent Jackson @ IND or Brandon Marshall @ OAK? Right now I have Jackson starting due to the injury concern on Marshall, and their QB issues. Jackson has one of the best QB's and Gates/Floyd/Crayton all having injury issues.

b0ng
11-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Favre @ WAS or Cutler vs PHI? Currently I have Favre starting, as the Eagles D can get after the QB. I think Cutler has a higher boom potential, but Favre vs. the worst D in the league ahead of the Texans is the safe play.

Take Favre and hope he doesn't implode.

Also Vincent Jackson @ IND or Brandon Marshall @ OAK? Right now I have Jackson starting due to the injury concern on Marshall, and their QB issues. Jackson has one of the best QB's and Gates/Floyd/Crayton all having injury issues.

Jackson seems fine for a start here as Marshall and the Dolphins passing game in general has been a pretty big let down.

My question:

Mark Sanchez vs CIN
or
Joe Flacco vs TB

I'm thinking Sanchez here but it's not by much.

Mailman
11-25-2010, 01:59 AM
Flacco and Sanchez are close, but I'd go with Flacco. He's either thrown multiple TDs or eclipsed 300 yds for the last five weeks and I expect that trend to continue against Tampa.

Or maybe I just hate Mark Sanchez and those ****wad Jets.

Ckw
11-25-2010, 11:12 AM
I drafted the Krog then realized Aaron would get majority of targets so swapped TE's. But Brady likes to spread it around, like Brees, to the point your player might not even see any targets so dropped him too. go with a simple offense that gives its TE decent looks every week even if they are only average, go after consistancy & avoid hit & miss.

Any suggestions of a good TE with a simple offense?

Ckw
11-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Miller if he plays. Another guy you could grab off the ww this week is Jimmy Graham. Don't be surprised if he blows up for NO with Shockey out.

Think this week is a good week to pick him up and start him? Miller is questionable. Was terrible last week too.

Mailman
11-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Yes, he has won the trust of both Brees and Payton. They've been hyping this kid since the preseason as a big time playmaker and he is now beginning to emerge as a favorable target for Brees. Get him now before he becomes the next Tamme.

Ckw
12-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Well as many of you know, I was the fortunate individual that traded FOR Frank Gore last week at the trade deadline only to have him get injured for the season in his first game on my team. Terrible.

But I quickly went out and signed his replacement, Brian Westbrook, and need help with who to start.

We start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex.

My must starts are Arian Foster, Jamaal Charles, and Calvin Johnson. Guys fighting for a starting spot are Brian Westbrook, Wes Welker, Maurice Morris, and Marques Colston.

So the positions I need help at are flex and 1 WR. I can either go WR at both positions and put Welker and Colston out there. Or I can split it and start either Welker or Colston at WR and put a RB at flex.

What would you do? Thanks!!! Rep to all you that give suggestions.

JB
12-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Well as many of you know, I was the fortunate individual that traded FOR Frank Gore last week at the trade deadline only to have him get injured for the season in his first game on my team. Terrible.

But I quickly went out and signed his replacement, Brian Westbrook, and need help with who to start.

We start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex.

My must starts are Arian Foster, Jamaal Charles, and Calvin Johnson. Guys fighting for a starting spot are Brian Westbrook, Wes Welker, Maurice Morris, and Marques Colston.

So the positions I need help at are flex and 1 WR. I can either go WR at both positions and put Welker and Colston out there. Or I can split it and start either Welker or Colston at WR and put a RB at flex.

What would you do? Thanks!!! Rep to all you that give suggestions.

I think you have to look at the match ups.

Morris going against Chicago- not a good option
Colston going against Cinci- Must start
Welker going against the Jets- doesn't feel good
Westbrook going against the Pack- iffy, but could be the type of player that causes GB problems.

I think I would go with Colston and Westbrook...

GL in whatever you decide.

Ckw
12-02-2010, 11:32 AM
I think you have to look at the match ups.

Morris going against Chicago- not a good option
Colston going against Cinci- Must start
Welker going against the Jets- doesn't feel good
Westbrook going against the Pack- iffy, but could be the type of player that causes GB problems.

I think I would go with Colston and Westbrook...

GL in whatever you decide.

Thanks! That is what I was leaning towards. I still may sit Westbrook and start Welker since Revis will likely be on Branch but can't make up my mind.

What does everyone else think?

And JB, I'd rep you if I could but must spread.

JB
12-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Thanks! That is what I was leaning towards. I still may sit Westbrook and start Welker since Revis will likely be on Branch but can't make up my mind.

After thinking about it, Welker is probably a better play than Westbrook.

GB does not give up much to RB's

Blake
12-02-2010, 12:24 PM

Is this PPR? I would go with Welker, gut instinct.

Non PPR. Should I flex: Jonathan Stewart @ SEA or Brandon Jackson vs. SF

Ckw
12-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Is this PPR? I would go with Welker, gut instinct.

Non PPR. Should I flex: Jonathan Stewart @ SEA or Brandon Jackson vs. SF

The league I am in is not PPR.

For you, I'd lean Jackson but maybe Stewart is finally going to start playing decent ball. He'd look pretty good last week. Tough decision.

stevn8r
12-03-2010, 01:08 PM
10 person
non ppr
fitzgerald vs STL
Woodhead vs JETS (billacek may want to shove cutting him in jets face)
Dez bryant vs Colts
Darren McFadden vs SD
Santana Moss vs NYG

Need to pick 2

Heath Shuler
12-07-2010, 06:50 PM
pick 3
Steve Smith ATL
Brandon Lloyd @ARI
Malcom Floyd KAN
Braylon Edwards MIA
Santonio Holmes MIA