PDA

View Full Version : Quiet on offense.. Please

thunderkyss
09-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Hey guys, I know Reliant is going to be rocking come Sunday. We generally do a good job making noise when we are on defense, and causing problems for the other team.

But we tend to make as much noise, or at least enough, when we are on offense. Especially when we are in scoring position, when you see our offense asking us to tone it down, we need to do our part, and allow them to hear, concentrate, and focus.

Remember guys, bring the raise the roof when we're on Defense, especially on third down. But we need to hear pins dropping when we are on offense.

Cjeremy635
09-07-2010, 04:57 PM
QUIET

qui·et/ˈkwīət/
Verb: Make or become silent, calm, or still: "there are ways of quieting kids down"; "the journalists quieted down as Judy stepped on to the dais".
Noun: Absence of noise or bustle; silence; calm: "the ringing of the telephone shattered the early morning quiet".

:kitten: I knew what you meant, just messing with ya. But yeah, our offense is quite good!

infantrycak
09-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Agreed. Frankly it is more of a pre-season problem. Last Thursday the "I got my first ever NFL tickets for free from someone" crowd was going nuts yelling on offense. That will calm down during the season but Reliant is still too loud on offense. I don't understand how it isn't common sense - well gee we get loud on D to hurt their O do you think we should be loud or quiet when our O is on the field.

Texan_Bill
09-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Generally speaking, I don't think that the majority of members here need to be told to be quiet on offense. As Cak mentioned and I also suspect, it's those rookie fans that maybe got their first tickets to a game that need to be warned.

It is frustrating as hell though!!

Cjeremy635
09-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Agreed. Frankly it is more of a pre-season problem. Last Thursday the "I got my first ever NFL tickets for free from someone" crowd was going nuts yelling on offense. That will calm down during the season but Reliant is still too loud on offense. I don't understand how it isn't common sense - well gee we get loud on D to hurt their O do you think we should be loud or quiet when our O is on the field.

I agree with him as well. He's right, a lot of the fans haven't a clue when it comes to the right times to make a crap load of noise. We could be gearing up for a crucial 3rd down on offense and the fans are screaming their head's off. I get the excitement of the moment, but be smart about it. I'd rather screw up the other team's offense than ours.

Ole Miss Texan
09-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Good thinking. I think people now are just so excited our team is good and can score points that we can't hold our emotions back. LOL

On another note, yall get there early. That has been a big point stressed by McNair and Kubiak. The team really does feed off the crowd, especially when they're warming up and the stadium has a lot of people in it. We don't do a good job of getting there too early, and it's just kind of deflating. Team gets all pumped up and all and there's only half the stadium full.

Leave the tailgating earlier than normal and get to the game earlier. 1st game of the season AND against the colts. Come on guys! I will personally guarantee a victory if the stadium is full 20-30 minutes before kickoff. The place would be electric.

Marcus
09-07-2010, 05:23 PM
That's pretty sad that football fans actually have to be "told" to be quiet when their hometeam's offense is on the field. That's mind-boggling.

Ryan
09-07-2010, 05:25 PM
If we are rolling on offense and have a good lead, it's gonna be hard to keep people quiet..especially since it's opening day and people are borderline insane by this time. I'll do my part, but i can't guarantee for everyone else.

Texan4Ever
09-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Maybe on the big screen screen we can have the words QUIET PLEASE appear so all the fans who are screaming can pipe down. Also, don't bring a vuvuzela in and blast it because I will personally kick your ass! :slapfight:

ObsiWan
09-07-2010, 05:33 PM
That's pretty sad that football fans actually have to be "told" to be quiet when their hometeam's offense is on the field. That's mind-boggling.

Well, true football fans don't have to be told this. It's the folks that aren't real fans and have been tailgating (spell that getting drunk) all morning that have to be schooled. They're also the ones that don't get into their seats until midway the first quarter.

infantrycak
09-07-2010, 05:34 PM
If we are rolling on offense and have a good lead, it's gonna be hard to keep people quiet..especially since it's opening day and people are borderline insane by this time. I'll do my part, but i can't guarantee for everyone else.

You can hear a pin drop in the Colts' stadium on opening day.

I have to say corporate seats really contribute to this. Of the twenty or so seats closest around us there are two sets of two fans that have owned their seats from day one. Almost all of the corporate seats have also been owned from day one but who sits in them each week changes. They tend to either be lumps throughout the game or want to yell, jump, scream, take pictures of the cheerleaders (I appreciate girls but don't act like you have never seen one before especially if it means barging in front of me as they snap 3rd and 4), etc. throughout the game.

drs23
09-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Well, true football fans don't have to be told this. It's the folks that aren't real fans and have been tailgating (spell that getting drunk) all morning that have to be schooled. They're also the ones that don't get into their seats until midway the first quarter.

I will be in my seat @ kickoff and not drunk! Though it will be in my recliner @ home. :splits:

Marcus
09-07-2010, 05:43 PM

Well, maybe the "true football fans" need to get in the "folks that aren't real fans"'s faces and tell them to STFU!!!!

Like cak said, in other cities you can hear a pin drop when the offense is on the field.

Yankee_In_TX
09-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Have to throw it out there - everyone on here knows this, it's the other folks....

JB
09-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Don't the Texans put up the big Quiet Please on the scoreboards and screens when the Texans go on offense? Still way to many uneducated football fans if they don't know to be quiet. The Texans need to make a big deal about it all week.

brakos82
09-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Also, don't bring a vuvuzela in and blast it because I will personally kick your ass! :slapfight:

They're banned anyways, unfortunately.

OzzO
09-07-2010, 06:26 PM
You can hear a pin drop in the Colts' stadium on opening day.....

'cause they turn down the speakers when they're on offense.

awtysst
09-07-2010, 07:04 PM
I agree with him as well. He's right, a lot of the fans haven't a clue when it comes to the right times to make a crap load of noise. We could be gearing up for a crucial 3rd down on offense and the fans are screaming their head's off. I get the excitement of the moment, but be smart about it. I'd rather screw up the other team's offense than ours.

I think it is the baseball influence. Whenever there is a big moment in a baseball game, the crowd stands up, yells, cheers, and screams. So, I think the same thing is at work here.

Texan_Bill
09-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Have to throw it out there - everyone on here knows this, it's the other folks....

That's basically what I had said. Just not with the same economy of words.. :kitten:

thunderkyss
09-07-2010, 07:11 PM

We get new people here everyday.

New Season Ticket Holders everyday.

People making noise on offense, everygame.

The job isn't done. So if it's not you, that we need to be telling, help us out, and spread the word.

houstonspartan
09-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Sweet Jesus, Thunder, thank you for this. I have been complaining about this for five YEARS.

I don't know if everyone is drunk from tailgaiting or what, but when we have the ball Reliant gets VERY loud. It's actually embarrassing, because it makes Houston fans look dumb.

painekiller
09-07-2010, 08:18 PM
We had the same problem back in the Oilers days in the dome. The smart football fans tried to tell the people to be quite, but they seem to think it is their rite to yell if they want to.

Stupid people....

Houston has some very good fans, unfortunately they are not plentiful. Most of the crowd at a game does not even know the players. Sad truth.

Houston fans are like that for most sports.

Present board member are included in the smart football fans category.

El Tejano
09-07-2010, 08:22 PM
How about telling Houston fans to stop selling their tickets to the visiting teams fans so it can be quiet on offense. Every time I go to a game, there are more fans for the other teams.

brakos82
09-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Quiet at the game, how about quiet in my head.... :headhurts:

imatexan
09-07-2010, 08:34 PM
How about telling Houston fans to stop selling their tickets to the visiting teams fans so it can be quiet on offense. Every time I go to a game, there are more fans for the other teams.

Ohh pleaseeee don't even try and pull this one, not even close to being true.

Texan_Bill
09-07-2010, 08:39 PM
We get new people here everyday.

New Season Ticket Holders everyday.

People making noise on offense, everygame.

The job isn't done. So if it's not you, that we need to be telling, help us out, and spread the word.

Fortunately, Ryan (errr Yankee) is a Bull Pen veteran. The Bull Pen knows wassup! W? are we going to spread the word to?

JB
09-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Fortunately, Ryan (errr Yankee) is a Bull Pen veteran. The Bull Pen knows wassup! W? are we going to spread the word to?

I'll try to remember when to be loud and when to shuttup.

thunderkyss
09-07-2010, 08:50 PM

This...

Surely after we've established a winning tradition this will fix itself. Then maybe we'll fix the quiet on offense thing.

Air Canada
09-07-2010, 09:01 PM
First of all... yes I'm back.. Cuz its time for THE season...

Anyways... Seriously, now anyone who needs to be told this isn't much a fan. I understand if they just scored a TD or had like a 40yd. completion, but c'mon.:rake:

Texan_Bill
09-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Really.... At the end of the day, it's all Joe Texans' fault.... He's the idjit!! :fingergun:

I kid, I kid......

drs23
09-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Quiet at the game, how about quiet in my head.... :headhurts:

Quit Vista :scarygirl:

Vinnie
09-07-2010, 09:15 PM
It does depend a lot on who we're playing, after all Houston does have a lot of transplants. We also have our fair share of dipsticks that don't understand, that's true as well. I always STFU on offense, with maybe a comment or two to my wife and buddy at regular conversation level. Watching every home game in the stadium over the last four years I have noticed that it tends to be the folks in the endzones making the most noise, especially when we're in the red zone. I'll probably be slammed for saying that, but I'm only giving my opinion on what I've observed.

Texan_Bill
09-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Quit Vista :scarygirl:

:lol:

Vista is a killah!

Texan_Bill
09-07-2010, 09:18 PM
It does depend a lot on who we're playing, after all Houston does have a lot of transplants. We also have our fair share of dipsticks that don't understand, that's true as well. I always STFU on offense, with maybe a comment or two to my wife and buddy at regular conversation level. Watching every home game in the stadium over the last four years I have noticed that it tends to be the folks in the endzones making the most noise, especially when we're in the red zone. I'll probably be slammed for saying that, but I'm only giving my opinion on what I've observed.

I call BS right there. It ain't coming from the NEZ.. The Bull Pen knows better!!

ATXtexanfan
09-07-2010, 09:21 PM

you should buy more tickets

Texan_Bill
09-07-2010, 09:23 PM
you should buy more tickets

I currently have 4 tickets... WTH??? How many more do I gotta buy?? :gun:

*EDIT*
2 are PSL's, two are from friends.... Good friends! Texan fans and tailgate friends!!!!!!

ATXtexanfan
09-07-2010, 09:23 PM

i got season tix up top and it is more casual. i got a buddy with tix in the endzone lower level and it is constant cheering so i see what your saying

ATXtexanfan
09-07-2010, 09:24 PM

enough to play the quiet game while the O is at work

drs23
09-07-2010, 09:26 PM

At least 2 exter, me -n- the wife. And of course we'll need parking passes as well.:tiphat:

Texan_Bill
09-07-2010, 09:28 PM
enough to play the quiet game while the O is at work

It's not a problem in the Bull Pen!!! I ain't trying to go outside of my comfort zone!! :tiphat:

Texan_Bill
09-07-2010, 09:29 PM
At least 2 exter, me -n- the wife. And of course we'll need parking passes as well.:tiphat:

I'll see what I can do my brother!!! :shades:

Scooter
09-07-2010, 09:33 PM
edit: drunk posting

Vinnie
09-07-2010, 09:42 PM
I do sit closer to the south end zone, so maybe that's why I'm biased?

Anyway, the folks I sit around in the 500's hardly cheer for offense or defense so it's neither here nor there for our section. I'm sure they're all sick of hearing me and my buddy scream "DEFENSE" by the time they leave they could shoot themselves...or us. :gun:

Honestly, if they'd just join in it would be a much better experience for them.

Norg
09-07-2010, 09:45 PM
when the O is on the field i hear this alot LOL

COme on Schaub

****ING SCHAUB !!!!!!!!

THro it to ANDRE in a drunken tone :texflag:

or

LLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH

its funny

i know what u mean tho I hope we are super loud tho this sunday when the D is on the field and dont stop being loud becasue manning is throwin laser guided First downs

i just have a feeling some drives just like us between the 20's the colts wil have no problem going up and down the field its the red zone were our D i think will hold them to FG and INT

Vinnie
09-07-2010, 09:50 PM
when the O is on the field i hear this alot LOL

COme on Schaub

****ING SCHAUB !!!!!!!!

THro it to ANDRE in a drunken tone :texflag:

or

LLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH

its funny

i know what u mean tho I hope we are super loud tho this sunday when the D is on the field and dont stop being loud becasue manning is throwin laser guided First downs

i just have a feeling some drives just like us between the 20's the colts wil have no problem going up and down the field its the red zone were our D i think will hold them to FG and INT

Dude I read every one of your posts in a drunken tone. :texflag:

thunderkyss
09-07-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm in 609, two years ago, I was in 608. I've got people making noise on offense all around me. I do the be quiet thing (do'n the bird), and tell them "Quiet on offense"

But they hear the guys in the endzones going off, and ignore me.

BIG TORO
09-08-2010, 07:18 AM
http://www.sonofthesouth.net/uncle-sam/images/quiet-sign.jpg
DURING OFFENSE!

TEXANS84
09-08-2010, 07:28 AM
For the love of god, please don't participate in the wave. That's all I ask.

Texanmike02
09-08-2010, 08:12 AM
I haven't been in a couple of years but when I was there I noticed the same thing. I understood not to be loud when the oilers were here... I was NINE... Maybe we can get some quick, "quite on offense" signs made and take them to the game?

Mike

Kaiser Toro
09-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Watching every home game in the stadium over the last four years I have noticed that it tends to be the folks in the endzones making the most noise, especially when we're in the red zone. I'll probably be slammed for saying that, but I'm only giving my opinion on what I've observed.

I would concur with this statement.

I have no data to support it, but it sure seems that way. Could be the acoustics.

False Start
09-08-2010, 08:45 AM
The games I've been to, I've noticed the noise on O.

There is this one guy that screams... "Throw it to ANDRE!!!!" When Schaub doesn't, he gets all pissed and says " YOU FING SUCK SCHAUB!" But when Schaub threw a TD he would be giddy like a schoolgirl. "YOU DA MAN SCHAUBY!" This guy thought AJ was open on every play, and throwing to anyone else was a sin, lol. Oh, and Domanick Slaton was a badass running back. :ahhaha:

I know the rules, and keep to them. My personal routine is, hat backwards on D to drive them back, hat forwards on O, to move down the field. Hell, I do that at home, and have been doing so since I was 13 years old. :fans:

JB
09-08-2010, 08:53 AM
:bravo:

Texan_Bill
09-08-2010, 08:57 AM
I'm in 609, two years ago, I was in 608. I've got people making noise on offense all around me. I do the be quiet thing (do'n the bird), and tell them "Quiet on offense"

But they hear the guys in the endzones going off, and ignore me.

Again, I call Bullshit on the endzones!!! You could hear a pin drop in the Bull Pen! I suspect the same in the Dark Side where the likes of Shaft75 resides!!!

BS!!!!!

houstonspartan
09-08-2010, 08:57 AM
I would concur with this statement.

I have no data to support it, but it sure seems that way. Could be the acoustics.

I'm in the North end zone. Yep, we're loud. It's ridiculus. I'm usually standing up, trying to get everyone to pipe down and relax, but it doesn't work.

Texan_Bill
09-08-2010, 08:58 AM
The games I've been to, I've noticed the noise on O.

There is this one guy that screams... "Throw it to ANDRE!!!!" When Schaub doesn't, he gets all pissed and says " YOU FING SUCK SCHAUB!" But when Schaub threw a TD he would be giddy like a schoolgirl. "YOU DA MAN SCHAUBY!" This guy thought AJ was open on every play, and throwing to anyone else was a sin, lol. Oh, and Domanick Slaton was a badass running back. :ahhaha:

I know the rules, and keep to them. My personal routine is, hat backwards on D to drive them back, hat forwards on O, to move down the field. Hell, I do that at home, and have been doing so since I was 13 years old. :fans:

Make the world a better place... Punch stooopid fan in the face!!!

False Start
09-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Make the world a better place... Punch stooopid fan in the face!!!

Trust me I've been tempted, lol. :aggressive:

DBCooper
09-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Shut your Pie-Holes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thunderkyss
09-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Again, I call Bullshit on the endzones!!! You could hear a pin drop in the Bull Pen! I suspect the same in the Dark Side where the likes of Shaft75 resides!!!

BS!!!!!

I'm just going to throw a guess out there Bill, but maybe all these "endzone's making noise" posts are to excite this reaction out of you.

that's the only reason I added it in my post.
:kitten:

eriadoc
09-08-2010, 10:48 AM
The noise problem seems to have gotten worse over the years. The first few years, Reliant had its moments on offense when the fans were quiet.

And it's definitely Bil ... errr ... end zones making all the noise.

*poke poke*

;)

badboy
09-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Look, just have Schaub point to the crowd and place his hand vertically across his lips. The crowd will quieten or someone will order him a beer thinking he is thirsty.

brakos82
09-08-2010, 04:02 PM
The EPA called, they said to quiet down in the end zones.

spurstexanstros
09-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Hey guys, I know Reliant is going to be rocking come Sunday. We generally do a good job making noise when we are on defense, and causing problems for the other team.

But we tend to make as much noise, or at least enough, when we are on offense. Especially when we are in scoring position, when you see our offense asking us to tone it down, we need to do our part, and allow them to hear, concentrate, and focus.

Remember guys, bring the raise the roof when we're on Defense, especially on third down. But we need to hear pins dropping when we are on offense.

I am sorry I cant agree to this...as soon as I get my happy battle red wearing self along with my son and pops in the car on sat I am going to be yellling at the top of my lungs because I am so pumped for the Texans to make some glue out of those mules. In fact I AM YELLING RIGHT NOW BECAUSE THE BATTLE RED REVOLUTION WILL REIGN DOWN FIRE UPON THOSE WHO HAVE OPRESSED THE MIGHTY TEXANS FOR SO MANY YEARS. MARIO WILL HIT PEYTON SO HARD THAT HE WILL KNOCK THE WHEATIES RIGHT OUT OF HIM.

pant...pant....pant

ok...maybe I need to find some of that cool purple Jamarcus was drinking otherwise my blood pressure will hit 400 by mid thursday.

TimeKiller
09-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Yeah. That's me.

"Quiet on O" and "Loud on D".....

....or as I know it: "Everyone is happy cuz I'm sitting down" and "Everyone is pissed cuz I'm loud, obnoxious and standing"

Speedy
09-08-2010, 08:27 PM
It might be the fact that there are so many opposing teams fans in OUR house. There are 2 seats next to me that have never had the same people in them and quite often they're opposing teams fans. And yes, the bullpen is bad about that. The 1st 4 years I sat above the bullpen there were times when at least half the fans were for the other team. But it's not just the bullpen, it's all around the stadium. And especially when a team like the Titans, Cowboys, Steelers, Packers etc. come to town.

There's just so many transplants here (well except for Titan fans who are just people who can't think for themselves) that they buy the tickets when their team comes in. And because there are so many PSL/season ticket holders who just have them to make money, those tickets will always be available for those fans. A Texan fan is less likely to spend 3 times face value, but a Steeler fan will when it's the only game they'll attend here for a year or two or longer.

Sway
09-08-2010, 08:36 PM
I know there will be a lot of Indy fans in the house. I'm gonna shut up when we're on O- for the most part. The only tix i could get were in 338, which is on the other side :-( Every time i sit there, i see that half of the either aways hang out in the food/drink area and never even watch the game, or simply don't give a rat's behind as to the outcome. :-( I take my flag to my games- 3 a year if i'm lucky, and get evil looks for bringing my flags. and they're texas flags with our logo embossed! they look great!!!!! grrrrrr.

Texan_Bill
09-08-2010, 08:38 PM
The noise problem seems to have gotten worse over the years. The first few years, Reliant had its moments on offense when the fans were quiet.

And it's definitely Bil ... errr ... end zones making all the noise.

*poke poke*

;)

Maybe..... Maybe the jackasses up in the cheap seats in section 600. :slapfight:

:D

sakebomb
09-08-2010, 08:42 PM
At least we don't have to worry about the folks in the club sections making any noise. They are to busy watching the game on the flatscreens. :kitten:

Texan_Bill
09-08-2010, 09:02 PM
At least we don't have to worry about the folks in the club sections making any noise. They are to busy watching the game on the flatscreens. :kitten:

Right!! Great point!!!

drs23
09-08-2010, 11:33 PM

Don't forget about not being able to finish one drink before they're there with a fresh one wanting to know if you're ready to eat yet or if ya want any ice cream... It's tuff up in those suites. But alas, no passes this game :mad:

powerfuldragon
09-08-2010, 11:41 PM
we need to get volunteers to stand by all the entrances with signs that say "Quiet on offense please"

thunderkyss
09-09-2010, 02:58 AM
Maybe..... Maybe the jackasses up in the cheap seats in section 600. :slapfight:

Ain't no maybe about it. I'm not going to defend the dumbasses sitting in my section.

I'm asking for help.

DerekLee1
09-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Generally speaking, I don't think that the majority of members here need to be told to be quiet on offense. As Cak mentioned and I also suspect, it's those rookie fans that maybe got their first tickets to a game that need to be warned.

It is frustrating as hell though!!

It's instinctive to want to cheer when you're trying to score. Every other sport, you get LOUD when you're on offense. It's almost counterintuitive and takes knowledgable fans to know to be quiet. Our team's only 8 years old. The fans will get it eventually.

What we need is some kind of gimmick to become legendary. Like "J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets". Or the Eagles cheer. Or the Lambeau Leap. We gots nothin'. And it's frustrating to play my buddies in Madden and hear the damn air raid sirens when you're playing the Jets, or the 'Skins chant. Ugh.

DerekLee1
09-09-2010, 09:17 AM
It might be the fact that there are so many opposing teams fans in OUR house. There are 2 seats next to me that have never had the same people in them and quite often they're opposing teams fans. And yes, the bullpen is bad about that. The 1st 4 years I sat above the bullpen there were times when at least half the fans were for the other team. But it's not just the bullpen, it's all around the stadium. And especially when a team like the Titans, Cowboys, Steelers, Packers etc. come to town.

There's just so many transplants here (well except for Titan fans who are just people who can't think for themselves) that they buy the tickets when their team comes in. And because there are so many PSL/season ticket holders who just have them to make money, those tickets will always be available for those fans. A Texan fan is less likely to spend 3 times face value, but a Steeler fan will when it's the only game they'll attend here for a year or two or longer.

It's not the transplants. Blame the front office. For whatever reason, the area that they designated as "for hardcore fans only" has a TON of team-owned seats. Team-owned seats that home players don't take go first to the NFL, then to visiting teams, then up on Ticketmaster when they're not claimed. It blows.

Double Barrel
09-09-2010, 10:40 AM

yep. Sad, but true.

I can't begin to tell you how many glares we've received when we have "shushed" those around us yelling when our offense is on the field. And those same folks sit on their hands when our defense is on the field. They just don't grasp the concept.

spurstexanstros
09-09-2010, 11:03 AM
I disagree with this thread completly.... I think the fans are not loud enough. Dont quiet them at all. Keep yelling because it could interfere with the defensive play calling. If our QB wants us to be quiet then he will motion his arms for quiet. Until then yell your freaking hearts out.

Im bringing it... hard....got my finger ready to signal for another Houston Texans.... FIRST DOWN.

thunderkyss
09-09-2010, 11:40 AM
I disagree with this thread completly.... I think the fans are not loud enough. Dont quiet them at all. Keep yelling because it could interfere with the defensive play calling. If our QB wants us to be quiet then he will motion his arms for quiet. Until then yell your freaking hearts out.

I've seen him do it several times, especially in the end zone (when the team is in the end zone, I'm not talking about you TBill).

If you get to the game early enough, they always show the video asking you to be quite on offense, loud on defense... they call it the home-field advantage.

& Everytime the other team gets a false start penalty, you'll see an animation of Toro counting the times the crowd had been affective.

Double Barrel
09-09-2010, 11:53 AM

Im bringing it... hard....got my finger ready to signal for another Houston Texans.... FIRST DOWN.

I think it is far more important that our receivers hear the audibles than any potential for disrupting defensive calls.

Does our QB really need more things to think about at the LOS??? Hometown fans should be the last thing he should be dealing with when trying to evaluate a defensive scheme and making adjustments in a very limited amount of time.

You're working for the enemy when you become a disruption to our offense. It's just that simple in football, man.

houstonspartan
09-09-2010, 11:56 AM

You're joking, right?

hobie
09-09-2010, 12:11 PM
I've seen him do it several times, especially in the end zone (when the team is in the end zone, I'm not talking about you TBill).

If you get to the game early enough, they always show the video asking you to be quite on offense, loud on defense... they call it the home-field advantage.

& Everytime the other team gets a false start penalty, you'll see an animation of Toro counting the times the crowd had been affective.

I never have bought into that... Yeah, players jump offsides because the fans were just a little too loud..I thought it was the cadence or thinking you know the snap count...But ok, if Toro says we are the reason for the fan assist... so be it !! :ok:

Ole Miss Texan
09-09-2010, 12:14 PM

LOL. Why would you want to distract Schaub from hearing the play call, relaying it to the offense, read the defensive set up, possibly audible, and get the play off successfully? Every second on that play clock is valuable and you want to waste 10 seconds of it for him not to be able to hear the play call and then another 5 for him to tell the fricking stadium to be quiet??

I see Schaub's hands on his ear holes so often b/c he can't hear what's being said. There's been times when he's had to waste a time out b/c he can't hear.

There will be plenty of time to be loud and cheer and celebrate after the play when we score. Before hand it is pointless, its detrimental to the offense and if anything it helps the defense. Cheer before the play and you won't be cheering after the play. You'll be complaining b/c the OL missed a blitz, or the WR ran a different route and Matt threw a Pick 6 on the goal line. You'll be blaming Schaub when all you gotta do is look in the mirror.

Just shut the eff up when Schaub's trying to hear the play call.

Sorry to be so blunt but sometimes that's the only way for people to understand.

thunderkyss
09-09-2010, 12:19 PM
I never have bought into that... Yeah, players jump offsides because the fans were just a little too loud..I thought it was the cadence or thinking you know the snap count...But ok, if Toro says we are the reason for the fan assist... so be it !! :ok:

Yeah... you're not following. If you're making noise that causes the other team to jump off-sides, you're making noise when their defense is on the field. Our offense is on the field. You want to be quiet as a mouse when our offense is on the field.

When their offense is on the field, we want to make it impossible for them to hear even in the huddle. We want one of their line-men to get the snap count wrong, so he moves on 2 & not 3... & get's a false start.

We want their OL to lose their concentration, forget the count, and when the see Antonio Flinch, they roll back... & get a false start.

We want it to be so loud, that when Manning changes a play his wide receiver misses some important aspect, and runs an out when Manning throws a skinny post. & we get an interception (Manning's pretty good with his hand signals though).

We're also trying to cause delay of games... when it's hard to hear the play call, or when Peyton has to move over to the right end to yell at one receiver, then move to the left end to yell at the other receiver, when he changes plays in his no huddle.

hobie
09-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Let me play devils advocate here... So why is it ok for the crowd to get loud when the D has the ball... Don't you think they would like to hear an audible at the line so they can change their D. So to say that the D doesn't need it to be quiet and the O does for an advantage..Good teams find a way to run the play anyway...

houstonspartan
09-09-2010, 12:21 PM
LOL. Why would you want to distract Schaub from hearing the play call, relaying it to the offense, read the defensive set up, possibly audible, and get the play off successfully? Every second on that play clock is valuable and you want to waste 10 seconds of it for him not to be able to hear the play call and then another 5 for him to tell the fricking stadium to be quiet??

I see Schaub's hands on his ear holes so often b/c he can't hear what's being said. There's been times when he's had to waste a time out b/c he can't hear.

There will be plenty of time to be loud and cheer and celebrate after the play when we score. Before hand it is pointless, its detrimental to the offense and if anything it helps the defense. Cheer before the play and you won't be cheering after the play. You'll be complaining b/c the OL missed a blitz, or the WR ran a different route and Matt threw a Pick 6 on the goal line. You'll be blaming Schaub when all you gotta do is look in the mirror.

Sorry to be so blunt but sometimes that's the only way for people to understand.

Agree 100 percent. Quite frankly, people who say we should yell all the time come off as if they don't know much about football. As you said, there will be plenty of time for screaming after we get the first down or after we score. But until then, zip it.

Something to think about: I never yell on offense, yet I have never left a Texans game with my voice intact. I can barely talk on Mondays.

There will be plenty of opportunities to yell and get crazy. But not while Schaub has the ball.

spurstexanstros
09-09-2010, 12:22 PM
i see your points. just disagree that is all. I give them shouts of encouragement on offense and defense...thats all I do.

Section 630 is going to rockin this year..I tell you what.

StarStruck
09-09-2010, 12:23 PM
I've skipped through most of this thread, so my comments could have already been said.

Texans are playing the Colts on Sunday. Last year while the Texans were playing the Colts, Peyton Manning played hurry up offense and threw a 30+ yard pass while our players and fans were celebrating a tackle.

houstonspartan
09-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Let me play devils advocate here... So why is it ok for the crowd to get loud when the D has the ball... Don't you think they would like to hear an audible at the line so they can change their D. So to say that the D doesn't need it to be quiet and the O does for an advantage..Good teams find a way to run the play anyway...

No, no NO!

Defense is generally reactionary, and they less likely need to hear audibiles.

If the opposing offensive line can't HEAR the audible, then that totally messes their game plan up and distracts the qb. That gives the opposing defense a better shot at disruptions.

Come on, people. I thought we were more sophisticated football fans than this. I feel like I'm reading the Houstontexans message board. Yeesh.

thunderkyss
09-09-2010, 12:24 PM

Defense has been working off hand signals for years. That radio in the D's helmet is a relatively new thing. Defensive plays are not as intricate as offensive plays.

The offense dictates when the ball will be snapped.

hobie
09-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Yeah... you're not following. If you're making noise that causes the other team to jump off-sides, you're making noise when their defense is on the field. Our offense is on the field. You want to be quiet as a mouse when our offense is on the field.

When their offense is on the field, we want to make it impossible for them to hear even in the huddle. We want one of their line-men to get the snap count wrong, so he moves on 2 & not 3... & get's a false start.

We want their OL to lose their concentration, forget the count, and when the see Antonio Flinch, they roll back... & get a false start.

We want it to be so loud, that when Manning changes a play his wide receiver misses some important aspect, and runs an out when Manning throws a skinny post. & we get an interception (Manning's pretty good with his hand signals though).

Um, I am not 12 years old, I get it...so if the D jumps off side, what is that? An oopsie?? Or the OL moves, same thing, or is that fan interference?? I think people tend to think it means more than it really does...

hobie
09-09-2010, 12:31 PM

We're also trying to cause delay of games... when it's hard to hear the play call, or when Peyton has to move over to the right end to yell at one receiver, then move to the left end to yell at the other receiver, when he changes plays in his no huddle.

He has said than most of the time, they have no meaning at all...it's more to make the D think he is up to something... I understand what ya'll are saying, and I don't yell when the O has the ball, but honestly, I cannot believe the "fan" has anything to do with a player losing his concentration on a play..

houstonspartan
09-09-2010, 12:34 PM
He has said than most of the time, they have no meaning at all...it's more to make the D think he is up to something... I understand what ya'll are saying, and I don't yell when the O has the ball, but honestly, I cannot believe the "fan" has anything to do with a player losing his concentration on a play..

No offense, but, you remind me of the two guys who sit next to me at Reliant. They show up halfway through the second quarter, have a few beers, and leave midway through the third quarter to go back outside and party and tailgate.

After all, we're just "fans". We have no control over how loud the stadium is, right? Sad.

hobie
09-09-2010, 12:36 PM
No offense, but, you remind me of the two guys who sit next to me at Reliant. They show up halfway through the second quarter, have a few beers, and leave midway through the third quarter to go back outside and party and tailgate.

After all, we're just "fans". We have no control over how loud the stadium is, right? Sad.

So you get all giddy inside when you see Toro toss that Fan Assist number up there....?? No offense taken....

houstonspartan
09-09-2010, 12:39 PM
So you get all giddy inside when you see Toro toss that Fan Assist number up there....?? No offense taken....

lol. No, but if you don't think noise levels can affect things during a football game, you are mistaken.

infantrycak
09-09-2010, 01:22 PM

I guess memories are really short. Just two weeks ago Romo stated the RB didn't hear his audible changing the play from a hand off to a toss resulting in a fumble and turnover to the Texans. Clearly the fans can affect the players. Obviously not all false starts, etc. are caused by the fans but certainly some are.

Mean Machine
09-09-2010, 01:45 PM
The MOST IMPORTANT time to be quiet is when Schaubie is getting the play call on his helmet radio...it's usually right after they re-set the play clock.....you can see him alot of times putting his hands over the ear holes on his helmet.
Please, lets try to be quiet when we are on offense...and if you have others around you, just do the arm thing like Schaub does to try to get people to settle down.

Go TEXANS!

AND MAKE NOISE WHEN our D is on the field!

BIG TORO
09-09-2010, 01:56 PM
There is this little bitty asian guy in row R in the 116, that little sum beach has to be the loudest fan in there during opposing offense, he uses his feet to slam the stands, he claps and uses every once of air and vocal cords to screem, but once Schaub is on the field he is like a :cricket:. He alone has to have some kind of impact.

spurstexanstros
09-09-2010, 02:11 PM

So i guess in the huddle they are talking fantasy football.....I was under the understanding they were discussing a series of plays including audibles.

Also doesnt the center call out ol plays and it is passed down the line. If those guys cant hear under minimal noise..( not even close to what it will be on the road) we got problems.

If schaub throws a pic 6 its because he throws it after making wrong read after the snap not because of me in sec 630 or anyone in the pen prior to the snap. These guys make millions and are paid to perform and I have paid good money to root when and how I want to root. I am not amping it up and screaming like an ***** ( I do that on defensive third downs) just applauding them for previous play or telling them to throw the freaking ball or Hey that number 80 is good you may want to throw it in his direction.

As a fan that is my right...to cheer. I cheer loudly from kickoff to the end of the game and sometimes after.

I am sorry I sat in the 100's and was surrounded by fans who sat on their hands the whole game and got dirty looks when i celebrated touch downs. after a while I began to cheer less and less and ended up not having a good time. Never again.......

I am calling it sec 630 is going to win the loudest section in Reliant ( al least my portion of the season)
Call me an idjit or a bad fan...whatever. I dont care. I grew up watching games in the Hemisfair Arena and Astrodome where it was noisy from wire to wire. I will root hard for my team. all game long. I am there before kick off (unlike alot of fans) and there till final gun. (again unlike most fans who are trying to beat the traffic)

Work on getting those fans in their seats on time and keep them there until the end, then maybe you can work on rooting protocol.
My point is let the fans be themselves and root how they want to...we are all there to have a good time.

Double Barrel
09-09-2010, 02:23 PM
jeesh, I had no idea that even some of our fanatics - those that frequent this board, tailgate, and/or go to games - were so ignorant about a basic aspect of being a fan at the game.

Here's a primer for the uneducated (no disrespect intended):

How to Cheer at Football Games (http://www.ehow.com/how_4504283_cheer-football-games.html) (<---link)

1. Yell DEFENSE as soon as the opposing team starts to huddle. Scream and holler when the other team is trying to talk and call their plays.

2. Open up your mouth and let out long Whoooos! Whooos can actually be easier on the throat than chanting DEFENSE. Chanting DEFENSE can really get the people around you into it though. The more people chanting DEFENSE and yelling means the more loud it is and the more chance that the opposing team can mess up.

3. When the opposing team lines up to hike the ball and the quarterback is calling out the play, yell with all your might! Yell at 1st down, 2nd down, and especially at 3rd down. Screaming at every down is important, but 3rd is the most important because you want the team to get into 4th down and either go for the touchdown and loose or try to kick a field goal.

4. Do not yell and chant when your team has the ball and is hiking the ball. Yell after they make a touchdown or a great play, but yelling before can only hurt your team and cause them not to hear the plays.

The NFL has a penalty rule that used to be enforced but seems to be dormant regarding crowd noise. Why is that if it is not effective? Ask yourself, and perhaps research the history, why the NFL would create a rule to penalize home crowds if cheering was not an effective in a game.

And then do some research on the "12th man" and find out why this term even exists if it's not a factor in games.

Obviously, it takes a good team for the hometown crowd to be a part of the game. But, it has been proven time and time again throughout college and NFL history that a home stadium advantage exists for good teams with good, smart, and rowdy fans. As TK mentioned above, false starts, blown audibles, miscues, timeouts called due to delays, and even turnovers can be directly caused by crowd noise. This is not even speculation or in question. Anyone with even a slight degree of knowledge about football history knows this to be true.

Double Barrel
09-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Here's some information:

For N.F.L., Crowd Noise Is a Headache (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/24/sports/football/24noise.html)

The league has long had an uneasy relationship with crowd noise, and may soon embark on its latest quest to overcome it — not by hushing fans, but by allowing visiting players the benefit of a helmet-to-helmet wireless communication system.

The noise issue came to the forefront as the Giants prepared for today’s game against the Seahawks at Qwest Field, the notoriously loud stadium in Seattle. When the teams played there last November, the Giants were called for 11 false-start penalties, the kind often caused by a failure to communicate. The Giants had 16 penalties over all, the highest number for the franchise since 1949, and lost in overtime, 24-21.

Visiting teams have long struggled with noise. The former quarterback Ron Jaworski remembered a game at the Orange Bowl in Miami in 1981 that was so loud, he turned repeatedly to the referee for help.

------------

The N.F.L. is not antinoise, exactly. It just does not appreciate certain types at certain times. The N.F.L. rule book even has a 900-word section devoted to crowd noise; too much when the visiting offense is on the field can draw a penalty for the home team.

Teams also receive detailed, and restrictive, instructions from the league about ways to elicit reactions from their fans. Under the guidelines, some electronic messages — “Let’s go crazy” and “Pump it up” are among those listed — are not acceptable.

Other chants (“De-fense!”) are appropriate, at certain times. Encouraging the wave is not — ever.

But N.F.L. fans cannot help themselves. So they keep cheering, often disrupting the communications and hard-thought intentions of the visiting offense and becoming, in effect, what Seattle fans and others call the 12th man. Once the opponents are rattled, the crowd cheers even louder.

------------

False-start penalties, particularly on the road, come when players try to anticipate the snap rather than see it.

For Manning, the biggest nuisance is struggling to shout instructions or bark warnings at the line of scrimmage.
Changing a play is nearly impossible.

------------

It adopted a noise penalty in 1989, allowing the referee, at the quarterback’s request, to warn the home team that the crowd is being disruptive. The referee, who stands behind the quarterback at the snap, can dock the home team a timeout, or even call a 5-yard penalty, if he decides that linemen cannot hear the snap count.

hobie
09-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Here's some information:

Research Guru DB has spoken !! :tiphat:

Double Barrel
09-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Research Guru DB has spoken !! :tiphat:

I just want our fans to be ready and smart for our first playoff season! :texflag:

hobie
09-09-2010, 02:38 PM

I just want our fans to be ready and smart for our first playoff season! :texflag:

Bro, we miss you guys up in Gridiron !!

spurstexanstros
09-09-2010, 02:39 PM
I dont often disagree with DB, but this time I do because I think that it is up to the players to excecute the plays . The friendly noise in Reliant is no where near the unfriendly noise. If they cant hear at home...under minimal noise then we got problems. By no means am I encouraging the announcer to amp up the fans. Whats wrong with Go Texans GO..

Let them cheeer or tell the team to throw the darn ball...I am on the side of letting the fans enjoy themselves however they want.

thunderkyss
09-09-2010, 02:40 PM
These guys make millions and are paid to perform and I have paid good money to root when and how I want to root. I am not amping it up and screaming like an ***** ( I do that on defensive third downs) just applauding them for previous play or telling them to throw the freaking ball or Hey that number 80 is good you may want to throw it in his direction.

As a fan that is my right...to cheer. I cheer loudly from kickoff to the end of the game and sometimes after.

There is nothing wrong with the bolded phrase, of course we'll all be doing that.

The point here, is that we're all trying to help our team. Some things work. Period.

We just want everyone to do their part to help these guys into the play-offs... really get your money's worth if there are 8 home victories wouldn't it? Plus you get rights to your seats for the play-offs... that's got to be worth something right?

thunderkyss
09-09-2010, 02:42 PM
If you have never seen our players ask us to tone it down, you're just not paying attention.

Ole Miss Texan
09-09-2010, 02:43 PM
So i guess in the huddle they are talking fantasy football.....I was under the understanding they were discussing a series of plays including audibles.
Nope you're understanding is correct. But why yell and be loud when they're trying to go over that stuff in the huddle? Wouldn't it be wise to give YOUR team the best chance to hear and get on the same page?

Also doesnt the center call out ol plays and it is passed down the line. If those guys cant hear under minimal noise..( not even close to what it will be on the road) we got problems.
Sure the center is responsible for a lot of the line calls. Our point is more geared toward Schaub being able to hear the actual play(s).

If schaub throws a pic 6 its because he throws it after making wrong read after the snap not because of me in sec 630 or anyone in the pen prior to the snap. These guys make millions and are paid to perform and I have paid good money to root when and how I want to root. I am not amping it up and screaming like an ***** ( I do that on defensive third downs) just applauding them for previous play or telling them to throw the freaking ball or Hey that number 80 is good you may want to throw it in his direction.
Every interception isn't the QB's fault. The casual fan just always thinks it is, especially if he throws it right to a defender. Often times it's because the WR and QB aren't on the same page and the WR runs a different route and this makes the QB look awful. Certainly it's the QBs fault many times but the WR not hearing a change can certainly attribute to that interception. These guys ARE making millions of dollars and are paid to perform. Why not give them every opportunity to "earn" those dollars? It's great to applaud for a great play... it's not great when we're all being loud while the next play is going on.

Absolutely, nobody is telling you not to. We SHOULD cheer our team on. It's called Homefield Advantage for a reason. With that said, there are smart times and there are dumb times to be loud.

I am sorry I sat in the 100's and was surrounded by fans who sat on their hands the whole game and got dirty looks when i celebrated touch downs. after a while I began to cheer less and less and ended up not having a good time. Never again.......
I can certainly attest to seeing those fans that are always quiet. But some of those dirty looks are most likely because you don't understand the proper etiquette of when and when not to cheer. After a TD is great!! Unless it's near the end of the half/game and we're having to go for a 2 pt conversion. Celebrate and then be quiet so our offense can convert.

I am calling it sec 630 is going to win the loudest section in Reliant ( al least my portion of the season) Call me an idjit or a bad fan...whatever. I dont care. I grew up watching games in the Hemisfair Arena and Astrodome where it was noisy from wire to wire. I will root hard for my team. all game long. I am there before kick off (unlike alot of fans) and there till final gun. (again unlike most fans who are trying to beat the traffic)
If your section wins the loudest section award - more power to you, that's awesome. Just do it to help the team, OUR team. Keep in mind just because someone is loud or a section is loud doesn't equate to being the best fan(s). Be the loudest section on defense... you don't want to be the loudest when we're on offense.

Work on getting those fans in their seats on time and keep them there until the end, then maybe you can work on rooting protocol. My point is let the fans be themselves and root how they want to...we are all there to have a good time.
I can't agree with you more here. It's so important to get to the game well before kickoff. It's a huge boost to the players if they see a near full stadium while they're warming up. It's pretty sad when they're warming up and they see 80% of the seats empty. It fills up near kickoff, but being there well before helps the team a lot.

I want all the fans, hometeam and visitors, to enjoy the game, enjory Reliant Stadium, have a great time and a wonderful overall experience. With that said, there's proper etiquette we should abide by and it's IN THE BEST INTEREST OF OUR TEAM to do so!!

Ole Miss Texan
09-09-2010, 02:45 PM
If you have never seen our players ask us to tone it down, you're just not paying attention.

Too busy cheering and being loud. :nolisten:

Mean Machine
09-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Check this out:
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/09/new_orleans_saints_fans_can_fa.html

Let's hope the vidoe board operators at Reliant have some good things planned for SUNDAY!

thunderkyss
09-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Check this out:
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/09/new_orleans_saints_fans_can_fa.html

Let's hope the vidoe board operators at Reliant have some good things planned for SUNDAY!

Sorry, posted before I read.

uh-hem... good post.

Double Barrel
09-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Bro, we miss you guys up in Gridiron !!

Thanks, man. We miss being in Gridiron. But, I'll be there for the Titans this season thanks to a very generous offer by a fellow Texans fan! :fans:

I dont often disagree with DB, but this time I do because I think that it is up to the players to excecute the plays . The friendly noise in Reliant is no where near the unfriendly noise. If they cant hear at home...under minimal noise then we got problems. By no means am I encouraging the announcer to amp up the fans. Whats wrong with Go Texans GO..

Let them cheeer or tell the team to throw the darn ball...I am on the side of letting the fans enjoy themselves however they want.

I appreciate the kind endorsement, man. And I'm certainly not trying to belittle you or disrespect you in any way. I dig your enthusiasm and we are brothers in this big Houston Texans family of ours.

A few years ago...I can't remember the season...but the team was keeping a running tally of false starts, timeouts due to crown noise, misdirections, and the like that they would display every game. It was cool to feel like WE - the fans - were a factor in the game. I believe this makes football unique over other sports, that we as a collective body, can actually impact a game and help our team.

And while I certainly applaud your devotion and fanaticism, my own take is that you should use your yelling abilities for our defense, and rest while our offense is on the field (unless they score or you're yelling "First Down!), because our defense needs it for the fourth quarter.

:texflag:

spurstexanstros
09-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Nope you're understanding is correct. But why yell and be loud when they're trying to go over that stuff in the huddle? Wouldn't it be wise to give YOUR team the best chance to hear and get on the same page?

Sure the center is responsible for a lot of the line calls. Our point is more geared toward Schaub being able to hear the actual play(s).

Every interception isn't the QB's fault. The casual fan just always thinks it is, especially if he throws it right to a defender. Often times it's because the WR and QB aren't on the same page and the WR runs a different route and this makes the QB look awful. Certainly it's the QBs fault many times but the WR not hearing a change can certainly attribute to that interception. These guys ARE making millions of dollars and are paid to perform. Why not give them every opportunity to "earn" those dollars? It's great to applaud for a great play... it's not great when we're all being loud while the next play is going on.

Absolutely, nobody is telling you not to. We SHOULD cheer our team on. It's called Homefield Advantage for a reason. With that said, there are smart times and there are dumb times to be loud.

I can certainly attest to seeing those fans that are always quiet. But some of those dirty looks are most likely because you don't understand the proper etiquette of when and when not to cheer. After a TD is great!! Unless it's near the end of the half/game and we're having to go for a 2 pt conversion. Celebrate and then be quiet so our offense can convert.

If your section wins the loudest section award - more power to you, that's awesome. Just do it to help the team, OUR team. Keep in mind just because someone is loud or a section is loud doesn't equate to being the best fan(s). Be the loudest section on defense... you don't want to be the loudest when we're on offense.

I can't agree with you more here. It's so important to get to the game well before kickoff. It's a huge boost to the players if they see a near full stadium while they're warming up. It's pretty sad when they're warming up and they see 80% of the seats empty. It fills up near kickoff, but being there well before helps the team a lot.

I want all the fans, hometeam and visitors, to enjoy the game, enjory Reliant Stadium, have a great time and a wonderful overall experience. With that said, there's proper etiquette we should abide by and it's IN THE BEST INTEREST OF OUR TEAM to do so!!

ok good point...excellent reply can rep that. I think we are barking up the same tree but different perspectives.

spurstexanstros
09-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Thanks, man. We miss being in Gridiron. But, I'll be there for the Titans this season thanks to a very generous offer by a fellow Texans fan! :fans:

I appreciate the kind endorsement, man. And I'm certainly not trying to belittle you or disrespect you in any way. I dig your enthusiasm and we are brothers in this big Houston Texans family of ours.

A few years ago...I can't remember the season...but the team was keeping a running tally of false starts, timeouts due to crown noise, misdirections, and the like that they would display every game. It was cool to feel like WE - the fans - were a factor in the game. I believe this makes football unique over other sports, that we as a collective body, can actually impact a game and help our team.

And while I certainly applaud your devotion and fanaticism, my own take is that you should use your yelling abilities for our defense, and rest while our offense is on the field (unless they score or you're yelling "First Down!), because our defense needs it for the fourth quarter.

:texflag:

Truth be told..in the fourth quarter of a close game. I have my head down praying for a stop or a score. I get too nervous and wound up I cant even watch...I was looking out the window at the corner of the stadium beore KBs missed kick in the Titans game and turned in time to see it sail past the post.

So yeah when its offensive clutch time my yelling is probably going to be overcome by the butterflies.

Ole Miss Texan
09-09-2010, 03:46 PM
We're all on the same team and just DYING for Sunday to get here. I bet Reliant is going to be electric. I hope we come out and pummel the Colts.

I'm tired of arguing about kickers and 3rd string QB's.... can't wait for these next 19-20 games we get to watch the Texans in! :trophy:

thunderkyss
09-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Thank you guys, you did an awesome job... we weren't perfect, but when they needed you, you were there, and you delivered.

Go TEXANS

BIG TORO
09-13-2010, 07:56 AM
Thank you guys, you did an awesome job... we weren't perfect, but when they needed you, you were there, and you delivered.

Go TEXANS

I think the bull pen was alot less noisy during offense and really loud during defense.

Andrew6
09-14-2010, 08:55 PM
I think the bull pen was alot less noisy during offense and really loud during defense.

best game I've seen where when the offense was on the field the stadium was QUITE and when the Defense was on the field the stadium was LOUD.

JB
09-14-2010, 09:14 PM
best game I've seen where when the offense was on the field the stadium was QUITE and when the Defense was on the field the stadium was LOUD.

Yep! Don't know how it usually is because that was my first game. But when I watched on tv, it never seemed really quite on tv, and you could see Schaub always asking for quite. But Sunday, it was pin drop quite in the bullpen when we were on offense, and ear ringing loud when we were on defense... so loud I'm sure Nitro could hear us...

Battle Red Flash
09-14-2010, 10:24 PM

Very. Very well said. And don't be afraid to educate those around you. ....In a nice way!

StarStruck
09-15-2010, 12:16 AM
I think the big letters on the jumbotron everytime the offense took the field had to have helped.

Mean Machine
09-15-2010, 08:01 AM
One of the biggest issues is...
"And that's another Texans FIRST DOWN!!!!"

Now, I personaly LOVE this!
But it does make a LOT OF NOISE when the offense is on the field.

Here is what they do in Arrowhead form the KC Chiefs that we saw when we went up there a few years ago.

They do the "And that's another chiefs FIRST DOWN!!!!" Then thay play this quick song that starts loud and quickly goes quiet....the crowd follows suit, it is truly amazing.

Like Flash said, jsut try to get those around you to pipe down....watch the players on the field, when they are waving their arms to get quiet, follow along.

Double Barrel
09-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Y'all did a fantastic job, and when a team shows great potential like ours did with Indy, the home crowd can definitely be a positive factor as the 12th Man. Bring it! :redtowel: