PDA

View Full Version : Which game(s) do you think we'll lose?

thunderkyss
09-07-2010, 04:56 PM
I'll be posting a poll, so please wait.

Basic question though, which games do you think we'll lose, you'll be able to make multiple selections, please only vote for the games you think are definite losses, not the maybes.

Definite losses only.

If the mods could please fix it to where it will allow multiple answers, I forgot to click it.

I'm also only able to have 10 choices, so not all our opponents are represented.
Broncos & Chiefs were odd men out.

Rey
09-07-2010, 04:57 PM
The first game against the Colts.

HouSportsWriter
09-07-2010, 04:59 PM
:facepalm:

thunderkyss
09-07-2010, 05:01 PM

I'm just trying to get a consensus on which teams the board think are in a better class than the Texans.

drs23
09-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Ravens & Jets

Dutchrudder
09-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Split with Colts, Titans and lose to Cowboys, Eagles, Ravens and Chargers. 10-6 overall.

JB
09-07-2010, 05:07 PM
None of the above....

that's my story and I'm sticking with it!

At least until they prove me wrong...:fans:

Texan_Bill
09-07-2010, 05:11 PM
I'm pretty sure that at some point during the season, I'm gonna lose a game of cornhole and beer pong.

Colts once and either JAX or the Tinnbreds once! Also, we'll probably lose to one or two of the NFC East teams and last maybe San Diego...

Cjeremy635
09-07-2010, 06:03 PM
I didn't see a choice for "we ain't losin' shit!" :texflag:

Dwade
09-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Colts x2, Titans, Cowboys, Giants, Ravens, Jets, Chargers

8-8

Cjeremy635
09-07-2010, 06:05 PM

8-8

Damn man, it's way too early to be a negative nancy.

Dwade
09-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Damn man, it's way too early to be a negative nancy.

Not being negative, just realistic

We were 9-7 last year with a soft schedule now we have the toughest in the NFL

I think a bad season now would help in the long run, because it might send Kubiak packing.

ObsiWan
09-07-2010, 06:09 PM

8-8

http://rlv.zcache.com/i_reject_your_reality_and_substitute_my_own_button-p145185163968167337t5sj_400.jpg
Hey dude, where's the "none" button??

Cjeremy635
09-07-2010, 06:11 PM

I think a bad season now would help in the long run, because it might send Kubiak packing.

Yeah, wishing for failure is always a cool thing to do.........

I couldn't disagree with your comments any more if I tried. I've waited for 6 months to see this "sorry ass coached Texans team" get out there and open a can of whoop ass on the league!

Corrosion
09-07-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm just trying to get a consensus on which teams the board think are in a better class than the Texans.

I think this Texans team has as much talent as any team in the NFL. Just dont see any that are clearly better talent wise.

I think they will split with the Dolts.

Tho no game in the NFL is a gimmie I think they are better than everyone else on their schedule accept for the Jets , Ravens and Chargers.

In case of all those teams , I dont think its a talent gap but they seem to struggle with protection against those type of defenses.

I went with 12-4 in the predict the recod thread , Im sticking with that.

Wolf
09-07-2010, 06:27 PM
not directed at anyone just having a random thought

I will love the day when teams and fans look at a schedule and say "****, we have to play the Texans" instead of the other way around.

I am really nervous about Opening day... I want to get my hope up but I just don't know when team shows up Jekyl or Hyde

I know it is fun to pick ,but I have to take it week by week.. one injury here and there and the dynamics of the game can really change.

I am usually VERY wrong on my picks , but I will say that we will lose to the Colts on the first game (Secondary really young against Pay-me-a-ton right now)

Ryan
09-07-2010, 06:28 PM
The Ravens are the only team on that list that i would say are legitimately better than us. Sure, the Colts dominate our division, but we can go toe to toe with them every single game. We will have the homefield advantage on the national stage against Baltimore, so i do expect a great game.

Grams
09-07-2010, 06:28 PM
None of the above....

that's my story and I'm sticking with it!

At least until they prove me wrong...:fans:

Me too!!

infantrycak
09-07-2010, 06:41 PM
The Ravens are the only team on that list that i would say are legitimately better than us. Sure, the Colts dominate our division, but we can go toe to toe with them every single game. We will have the homefield advantage on the national stage against Baltimore, so i do expect a great game.

Somebody is going to have to explain the love being given to the Ravens and Jets - two teams that had the same 9-7 record we did last year. The Colts were 14-2 and could have won the two. The Chargers were 13-3. But somehow the Ravens and Jets are the teams to be feared.

ObsiWan

"Realistic" you say. I think "hopeful" is more appropriate in your case given the reasoning you just stated.

ObsiWan
Somebody is going to have to explain the love being given to the Ravens and Jets - two teams that had the same 9-7 record we did last year. The Colts were 14-2 and could have won the two. The Chargers were 13-3. But somehow the Ravens and Jets are the teams to be feared.

Beats me. They must be skeerd of Rex Ryan and Ray Lewis

infantrycak
09-07-2010, 06:42 PM
"Realistic" you say. I think "hopeful" is more appropriate in your case given the reasoning you just stated.

Realistic is the last refuge of anyone negative.

ObsiWan
09-07-2010, 06:51 PM

maybe he's onto something. I will say that going the first month with no Cushing, our usual & customary slow start, and waiting for our young DBs to gell worries me a mite too.

but I guess that "maybe it gets rid of Kubiak" remark made 8-8 sound more like a wish than a prediction.

NitroGSXR
09-07-2010, 07:12 PM
I think we get our only win at Denver. It's going to be a tough year.

JB
09-07-2010, 07:35 PM
I think we get our only win at Denver. It's going to be a tough year.

So you figuring we will have the #1 pick in the draft next year?

Goatcheese
09-07-2010, 08:30 PM

The question isn't which teams are the best, but which teams are the Texans most likely to lose to.

The Colts are a tough matchup for most teams, but the Texans are best suited to deal with a high powered offense and a finesse defense. So while they are the best team on our schedule they won't be the toughest challenge for this Texans squad.

The Jets on the other hand are not as good as the Colts overall, but their less feminine defense disrupts everything the Texans want to do. So while they are far form the best overall team we are going to face, they do present the toughest challenge for this particular Texans squad.

Sort of like Dwight Howard and Yao Ming. Most people agree Howard is the better center, but he loses most of his head to head matchups against Ming.

CloakNNNdagger
09-07-2010, 08:34 PM
This is a very depressing thread. We have yet to play 1 game, and we're already talking about losing. I'm becoming anxiety riddled already.:facepalm:

devo-x
09-07-2010, 08:35 PM
None although the Ravens/Jets/Chargers present formidable challenges to the Texans considering their history

Ryan
09-07-2010, 08:38 PM

I don't buy into the Jets one bit. But the Ravens have the potential to become an offensive juggernaut in addition to their great defense that is already in place. They were a top 10 offense last year without any big named receivers, and now they have a great talent in Bolden and the signing of Housh only makes that corps stronger. Ray Rice is one of the best young backs in the league and will only get better. I think it's easy to buy into them. The Steelers will struggle this season, and i don't know how the Bengals pulled off anything last year because they never impressed me. They are the definite favorites in that division.

Corrosion
09-07-2010, 09:39 PM

For me its the defensive scheme's those two teams (as well as San Diego) run. They tend to be very disruptive to the Texans offense overall and give them fits in pass protection.

Its not a question of talent as I think the Texans are equal in talent but until they show us that they can handle those defenses .... those are the teams that I think have the best chance of beating them.

steelbtexan
09-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Split with Colts, Titans and lose to Cowboys, Eagles, Ravens and Chargers. 10-6 overall.

This

thunderkyss
09-07-2010, 09:42 PM
For me its the defensive scheme's those two teams (as well as San Diego) run. They tend to be very disruptive to the Texans offense overall and give them fits in pass protection.

Its not a question of talent as I think the Texans are equal in talent but until they show us that they can handle those defenses .... those are the teams that I think have the best chance of beating them.

I can understand this.

However, I think Matt has shown a lot of growth last year as a play-maker, which I believe will help us with those defenses.

If, Arian Foster is the guy we hope he is, a decent running game will help as well.

GuerillaBlack
09-07-2010, 10:25 PM
I think the Texans are at the point now though, that teams (and fans) don't mark up an automatic win when they see us on the schedule. Instead it's "oh shit, they have some players. I don't know about this one".

Texan_Bill
09-07-2010, 10:26 PM

Nice Chris!! and spot on to boot!!!!!!!

ATXtexanfan
09-07-2010, 10:30 PM
3-4 defenses scare me, that is all. how many do we see this year?

thunderkyss
09-07-2010, 10:31 PM
I think the Texans are at the point now though, that teams (and fans) don't mark up an automatic win when they see us on the schedule. Instead it's "oh shit, they have some players. I don't know about this one".

I think most teams look at us as "50/50 depending on which team shows up" or " that game can go either way"

Which is better than the way they thought of us a few years ago... "W"

Hopefully by next year, they'll be thinking, "I hope xxxxxx gets hurt the week before" or "maybe they'll look past us."

Corrosion
09-07-2010, 10:33 PM
I can understand this.

However, I think Matt has shown a lot of growth last year as a play-maker, which I believe will help us with those defenses.

If, Arian Foster is the guy we hope he is, a decent running game will help as well.

While I agree on both points - They have to show us before Im gonna believe it.

brakos82
09-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Also, I'm for whatever reason not buying into the Baltimore hype. :nolisten:

Colts once, Titans once, Chargers, Giants, Jets.

drs23
09-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Also, I'm for whatever reason not buying into the Baltimore hype. :nolisten:

Colts once, Titans once, Chargers, Giants, Jets.

brakos!

brakos82
09-07-2010, 10:42 PM

brakos!

what?

Norg
09-07-2010, 10:51 PM
has i look at the secudle i see the hardest 3 games are IMO

@titans
@Colts
vs Ravens

titans and colts yup and ravens i replaced the jets with the colts only becasue i changed my mind on the jets they aint nobody :texflag:

Air Canada
09-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Colts once in Indy, Titans once in Tenn, Jets, Chargers, and Ravens..

Which means we start 6-0 and finish 11-5 :runaway:

C Madd
09-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Beats me. They must be skeerd of Rex Ryan and Ray Lewis

The only things that should be scared of Rex Ryan are cheeseburgers.

thunderkyss
09-08-2010, 12:18 AM
While I agree on both points - They have to show us before Im gonna believe it.

Hey, tone down the volume, nobody is telling you to believe anything.

brakos82
09-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Hey, tone down the volume, nobody is telling you to believe anything.

At least.... not in this thread.... :spy:

THE NFL
09-08-2010, 02:44 AM
Losses by the Texans....

Colts ( R ) But maybe twice
Cowboys
Titans ( R ) But maybe twice
Jets (Jets are better than they were last season. Dont know why you say they arent nobody)
Ravens
Chargers
Philly

You can add one more loss to the Jags, but I wouldnt bet on that one. The Texans should beat them twice, but anything can happen.

If I were forced to place bets now, I would have to bet against the Texans on these games.

Norg
09-08-2010, 03:13 AM
I know the chargers are good on the road but we got them at home we got to take care of biz nas and beat the chargers

also i dont think we will lose to philly

TBH i think we got a better chance at sweeping the colts then the titans heck we might get sweeped by the titans and sweep the colts that would be od to most people but not me

DexmanC
09-08-2010, 04:17 AM
The Texans are still a team with no major accomplishments to hang
it's hat on. Thus, the only thing this team has to ride on is a wave
of confidence.

So.

If they beat the Colts, Game 1 of the regular season, which they've been
focusing ALL OFFSEASON on, they have a chance to go 13-3, maybe 12-4.

If they LOSE to the Colts, AT HOME, on Week 1, then this team's confidence
won't have the steel needed to remain focused on the lofty preseason
goals they've set. If they lose that game, then I see this season
falling anywhere from 10-6 to 7-9.

In other words...
They NEED a win on Week 1, probably more than ANY team in the NFL,
due to the lack of true accomplishment. Horrible division record, and
horrible record against the elite teams of this league will stick in their
minds and weigh them down. Time to cast off those demons in 2010.

THE NFL
09-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Whether or not the Texans beat the Colts they have NO shot at 13-3 or 12-4.

The 2nd half of the schedule for the Texans is brutal. There are 3 or 4 losses in that 8. The Texans normally have a soft 2nd half. There will be no late season 4 game winning streaks this year.

Realistically the best the Texans can be is 10-6.

BigBull17
09-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Yeah, wishing for failure is always a cool thing to do.........

I couldn't disagree with your comments any more if I tried. I've waited for 6 months to see this "sorry ass coached Texans team" get out there and open a can of whoop ass on the league!

Yeah, realism can come later. Its 4 days till game time, we're going 16-0 right now.

JB
09-08-2010, 09:48 AM
yeah, realism can come later. Its 4 days till game time, we're going 19-0 right now.

fify! :D

BigBull17
09-08-2010, 09:57 AM
fify! :D

Nah, we'll be so good, the play off teams will just give us the title. so 16-0