PDA

View Full Version : Which is most likely to repeat?

thunderkyss
09-06-2010, 07:52 PM
1) Andre Johnson has another 1500 yard season?

2) Chris Johnson has another 2000 yard season?

3) Brett Favre leads the Vikings to the NFC Championship game?

rmartin65
09-06-2010, 07:54 PM
A little bit of a homer call, but AJ for sure. CJ will be lucky to hit 1500, and I think this is the year Favre succumbs to injury. The running game carries the Vikes to the Super Bowl.

Dwade
09-06-2010, 08:08 PM
AJ getting 1500.

I could see CJ getting 2000 again though.

Favre is done. Wild-card at best.

Texan_Bill
09-06-2010, 08:12 PM
1) Andre Johnson has another 1500 yard season?

2) Chris Johnson has another 2000 yard season?

3) Brett Favre leads the Vikings to the NFC Championship game?

As a large Texan (Meatloaf) once sang, 2 outta three ain't bad...

I see AJ repeating his 1,500 yard season. I also see Chris Johnson rushing for 2,000 again (although I hope he fails, miserably)... That said, I see a really disappointing season for the Vikings and Favre this season. Not really sure why, but that's my gut....

SheTexan
09-07-2010, 07:26 AM
AJ, for sure, if MS stays healthy!!

CJ is a one year wonder, just like Slaton! Just wait and see.

If Favre's ankle holds up he will continue to be the awesome QB he has always been. Favre has a rare quality that most players miss. He actually LOVES playing the game of football.

Thorn
09-07-2010, 08:07 AM
I think both the Johnson's repeat their success this year.

However Farve is not going to repeat, and before the season is over he will either quit again or be injured and can't play anymore. Either way, this is Farve's last season and I couldn't be happier. I'm tired of hearing his name.

rmartin65
09-07-2010, 08:30 AM
I think both the Johnson's repeat their success this year.

However Farve is not going to repeat, and before the season is over he will either quit again or be injured and can't play anymore. Either way, this is Farve's last season and I couldn't be happier. I'm tired of hearing his name.

You think? He has gone through this song and dance for what, 6 years now? Retiring at least 3 times? Crying, saying he is done? I am not buying it. Favre is a desperate old man seeking attention.

Corrosion
09-07-2010, 08:32 AM
I can see AJ getting another 1500 .... Thats just what he does.

How many 2000 yars seasons have there been in the NFL .. ever ? Just cant see back to back 2000's out of CJ.

Favre has been in the league forever .... last season was one of his best statistical seasons in his career . I could see worse stats but I wouldnt count him nor that team loaded with talent on both sides of the ball out. They got a taste and might just be hungry enough to take the final step.

drs23
09-07-2010, 09:28 AM
I went with AJ getting another 1500. Does that make me a homer? :kitten:

While I think CJ will rack up yardage back to back 2k seasons rushing is not going to happen I don't think. There will be too many game plans focused on stopping him. There are too many defenses that will target stopping him and making VY beat them with his arm (or legs too).

I don't see #4 repeating last season. Performance or stats. He's already starting the year gimping. I see this as hampering him all season.

Dutchrudder
09-07-2010, 09:51 AM
AJ getting 1500 yards again is certainly the most likely. He has already done it twice in a row, so a third time would not be an anomaly.

CJ will probably get around 2000 all purpose yards this year, but not 2000 yards rushing.

Favre looked great last season, and the Vikings do have a wealth of talent, but I just don't see them winning their division over the Packers. Maybe they will have a resurgence mid-season when Sidney Rice comes back, but I don't see much hope for them making the NFC championship game.

Rey
09-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Favre.

I hope that with an improved running game/playing with a lead late in games that our passing numbers see a dip.

CJ will not hit 2K yards again. Atleast I don't think he will...That's the least likely IMO.

I can easily see Favre leading the Vikes back to the championship game.

infantrycak
09-07-2010, 12:41 PM
AJ getting 1500 yards again is certainly the most likely. He has already done it twice in a row, so a third time would not be an anomaly.

Yup, only one of the three in the poll has already done it. Jerry Rice missed doing it by one yard. Marvin Harrison missed doing it four years in a row with a 1413 yd season. We had a running game SS's rookie year and AJ still got his 1500 yds. We didn't rush any less last year it was just less effective.

CJ will probably get around 2000 all purpose yards this year, but not 2000 yards rushing.

In contrast this is the list of 2000 yard seasons:

1973: OJ Simpson, Buffalo Bills, 2,003 yards
1984: Eric Dickerson, LA Rams, 2,105 yards
1997: Barry Sanders, Detroit Lions, 2,053 yards
1998: Terrell Davis, Denver Broncos, 2,008 yards
2003: Jamal Lewis, Baltimore Ravens, 2,066 yards
2009: Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans, 2006 yards

Nobody has ever repeated.

Favre looked great last season, and the Vikings do have a wealth of talent, but I just don't see them winning their division over the Packers. Maybe they will have a resurgence mid-season when Sidney Rice comes back, but I don't see much hope for them making the NFC championship game.

It could happen but I just don't see Favre having the same year. It was just too anomalous - 1st time in his career to have less than 10 INT's when he hadn't had less than 15 INT's for the 12 years prior.

brakos82
09-07-2010, 01:02 PM

Don't forget OJ did it in 14 games. :kitten:

mattieuk
09-07-2010, 02:31 PM
I think CJ is the only one not to repeat.

Ryan
09-07-2010, 02:34 PM
AJ, for sure, if MS stays healthy!!

CJ is a one year wonder, just like Slaton! Just wait and see.

If Favre's ankle holds up he will continue to be the awesome QB he has always been. Favre has a rare quality that most players miss. He actually LOVES playing the game of football.

It might've been just because its preseason(most likely scenario), but it seems like Favre is really just going through the motions and doing this for the team. It just seems like the fire isn't there, but i'll see for sure on thursday.

And to answer the question, it's AJ, just because the odds are simply much greater than CJ getting 2000.

Rey
09-07-2010, 03:08 PM
We had a running game SS's rookie year and AJ still got his 1500 yds. We didn't rush any less last year it was just less effective.

We were also playing from behind a lot during those years.

Throwing to get back into games.
And honestly, I'm hoping that our running game as a whole is more productive than it was in SS rookie season.

I'd love for AJ to get 1500 again, but if we're winning games this year and trying to pound the rock late in ball games/in the second half then I could see our passing numbers taking a hit. That'd be fine with me.

In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a few games where AJ and some of the other starters get to rest.

THE NFL
09-07-2010, 10:29 PM
CJ isnt going to get 2000 again. I like the poster that says he will be lucky to get 1500. CJ will get 1500 by game 13 unless he gets injured. CJ is the real deal, he isnt a one year wonder, as he has done it for 2 years now. 1 year wonders dont rush for 2000 yards.

But AJ getting 1500 for a 3rd season isnt likely either. That has never happened.

Both Schaub and AJ's yardage numbers will be down in 2010.

Favre will be hurt this season and the Vikings will not repeat in the NFC Championship.

SheTexan... get with the times.. The Key on CJ and make VY beat you with his arm and legs business has been tried and didnt work. Every team on the Titans schedule last season knew what was coming and still couldnt stop it. When VY need to throw to beat a team, he did. VY is for real.. its time to accept that and just move on.

B U T ... to answer the question... AJ getting 1500 is the most likely even to happen.

thunderkyss
09-07-2010, 11:14 PM
B U T ... to answer the question... AJ getting 1500 is the most likely even to happen.

Ha-haaaa....

It took a while, but I finally started a thread where The NFL said something positive about the Texans.

Thank you (bows) Thank you (bows)

Thank you very much...

THE NFL
09-08-2010, 12:32 AM
I say positive things all the time.

Dutchrudder
09-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Ha-haaaa....

It took a while, but I finally started a thread where The NFL said something positive about the Texans.

Thank you (bows) Thank you (bows)

Thank you very much...

I say positive things all the time.

I think you missed the key modifier of his statement.

Speedy
09-08-2010, 02:17 PM

Not only has it never been repeated, look at the rushing yards of those 5 the next year:

1974: O.J. Simpson - 1,125
1985: Dickerson - 1,234
1998: Sanders - 1,491
1999: Davis - 211 (inj.)
2004: Lewis - 1,006

In all 5 cases no one even came close to reaching 2,000 again the following season. Not to say CJ can't, since he pretty much is their offense, but highly unlikely.

thunderkyss
09-09-2010, 03:22 AM
One of the reasons I started this thread, was to see where everyone was on a few of these subjects, and get people to realize how unrealistic some of them are.

I drafted Bret Favre in the first round :facepalm:

But if we all agree the likelyhood of CJ doing what he did in 2009, what does that do for Tennessee's offense, if CJ is merely human?

& if it turns out like Speedy says, and he's avg or worse (or hurt like TD), what's going to happen to Tennessee?

THE NFL
09-09-2010, 04:41 PM
CJ not rushing for 2000 yards actually makes the Titans better. The Titans offense will be scary good. Its the defense that has to get better. If the DLine is as advertised the Titans will be very very good. If they get Haynesworth back, The Texans and the Colts can forget about winning the division.

Thats how good they CAN be.

Speedy isnt over the Oilers leaving. He is the guy that 20 years later still calls his ex wife a Btch. he cant get over her. Its just who he is. Speedy will make all his possum holler jokes and if it makes him feel better fine. But he needs to remember .....4-12.

thunderkyss
09-09-2010, 04:47 PM
CJ not rushing for 2000 yards actually makes the Titans better. The Titans offense will be scary good. Its the defense that has to get better. If the DLine is as advertised the Titans will be very very good. If they get Haynesworth back, The Texans and the Colts can forget about winning the division.

Ok, so what is it that you see in Tennessee, that makes this kind of talk realistic (we're talking about with an avg or worse Chris Johnson), but totally impossible for the Texans (on whose board you frequent for whatever reason)?

JB
09-09-2010, 05:31 PM
The Titans offense will be scary good.

:lol: Copied for future hilarity...

ReliantTexan
09-09-2010, 06:33 PM

Thats how good they CAN be.The same haynesworth who is not even starting for the redskins? Sorry man, this isn't 2008, your defense doesn't have anywhere near that high of a ceiling,and that would be the only way I could ever see the titans running away with the division this year.

And getting back an unmotivated albert whose production has fallen off a cliff isn't going to change that.

Speedy
09-09-2010, 11:20 PM

Speedy isnt over the Oilers leaving. He is the guy that 20 years later still calls his ex wife a Btch. he cant get over her. Its just who he is. Speedy will make all his possum holler jokes and if it makes him feel better fine. But he needs to remember .....4-12.

Where the hell did that come from?

I was over the Oilers well before they left, January 3, 1993 to be exact. So you have me confused for someone else. What the hell does any of that have to do with what's going on in this thread?

And at least my ex wife isn't my sister too.

THE NFL
09-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Just having some fun with you Speedo.

You havent seen my sister.. she is HOT. Can work a mule too. Usually only needs a new pair of shoes once a year.

Rey
09-12-2010, 11:45 PM
We were also playing from behind a lot during those years.

Throwing to get back into games.
And honestly, I'm hoping that our running game as a whole is more productive than it was in SS rookie season.

I'd love for AJ to get 1500 again, but if we're winning games this year and trying to pound the rock late in ball games/in the second half then I could see our passing numbers taking a hit. That'd be fine with me.

In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a few games where AJ and some of the other starters get to rest.

I know its only 1 gm but I think our passing numbers will naturally take a hit with wins plus a productive running game in the second half