PDA

View Full Version : Well, its prediction time!

Hagar
09-06-2010, 01:05 PM
All right y'all, preseason is over, the roster is set, its time for predictions.

Texan_Bill
09-06-2010, 01:07 PM
19-0! :p

TexanSam
09-06-2010, 01:10 PM
11-5! I believe that's been my prediction every year for the past 3...gotta be right sooner or later.

JB
09-06-2010, 01:10 PM
19-0! :p

I like the way you think! :D

BSofA04
09-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Heart says 11-5, head says 10-6.

Norg
09-06-2010, 01:13 PM
20 and O shit :texflag:

Dan B.
09-06-2010, 01:14 PM
I could honestly see them anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6. So I picked 8-8.

Thorn
09-06-2010, 01:24 PM
I picked 10-6 because I won't be sastified with anything less, and the Texans have the talent to do it.

TexansBlood
09-06-2010, 01:25 PM

Word.

TexCanada
09-06-2010, 01:28 PM
I picked 10-6. I can't pick more then 10 wins with how young and inexperienced our CBs are. I love their potential, but they are very raw right now.

TexansFanatic
09-06-2010, 01:29 PM
9 - 7

PHAROAH
09-06-2010, 01:30 PM
10-6 for me guys & gals.

SheTexan
09-06-2010, 01:40 PM
9-7 if we're lucky

weak secondary
crappy center
ONE decent RB
a mediocre kicker
a HC who still can't seem to clock manage
a HC whos play calling is as predictable as waking up in the morning
a coaching staff who continues to have problems preparing our team for battle

PLUS, we might have 3 out of 53 guys who have a MEAN streak! I'm just afraid our boys are still a little to "soft."

I pray to all the football gawds above that they prove me wrong!!!

Texan_Bill
09-06-2010, 01:40 PM
I like the way you think! :D

I hit the sauce early today... :D

JB
09-06-2010, 01:42 PM
I hit the sauce early today... :D

So did I! :D

:barman:

Kulluminatii
09-06-2010, 01:51 PM
I went with 11-5. I believe if you guys can beat the Colts in Week 1 it will boost the team's confidence and you guys will be able to string together 6 straight wins before the bye week. Although I'm hoping you guys hit a slight bump in Week 4 and roll over the rest of the teams on your schedule :D.

painekiller
09-06-2010, 02:02 PM
To many question at RB, a young secondary with only 2 years experience total for the CBs, the stud pro bowl LB is out 4 games, the backup QB sucks, the DL is small, the OL is unproven in the middle....

7-9 is my prediction.

If we beat the Colts in week one, then this team can get on a confidence role and go 11-5. But until they beat the Colts, I am saying 7-9.

bckey
09-06-2010, 02:07 PM
I selected 9-7 but really feel like they may go 8-8. It is the defense that is the big ?. Will the defense perform like the one against NO or the one against Dallas? Or will they be jekyl and hyde all season. If Frank Bush gets this defense to play lights out for all 16 games and has them in the top 10 then the Texans can win 10 games or better and go to the playoffs. It is just a big ? right now. Here is to hoping Bush get the defense playing like a champion. He already has them light years ahead of where they were with Richard Smith.

ThaShark316
09-06-2010, 02:25 PM
10-6 for me.

1st time I'm predicting playoffs for this team.

Corrosion
09-06-2010, 02:53 PM
I went with 12-4.

This team is ready to win .... as long as they arent hit by the injury bug again.

And its high time someone else won this division .... Pey-Me-A-Ton has had his run .... I'd hit him in the kneecap with a tire iron if I could get away with it.

Coach Kevin
09-06-2010, 02:53 PM
11-5 this is the year of the Torro

TexanDave
09-06-2010, 03:15 PM
10-6 and I will stick with that win or lose against the Colts next Sunday.

Dwade
09-06-2010, 03:51 PM
7-9 or 6-10

We have the hardest schedule in the league, last year we had one of the easiest and went 9-7.

Our running game still looks terrible, and Ben Tate is out for the year. Cushing is out for the first 4 games, and we have a rookie starting in the secondary.

I would love to be wrong but I'm predicting 7-9 or worse.

drs23
09-06-2010, 03:52 PM

Word.

+1

When the 1's are out there playing lights out like they did against Dallas they can beat any team in the league. Just can't afford to lapse ala New Orleans and expect to win against this schedule. There's more talent on this team than ever before. We'll see if this balance of youth and core of players that are starting their 4th year together will play 60 minutes .

Heck, as far as my heart goes I could go with Texan Bill and go 19-0 but have thought 10-6'ish to 11-5 since camp :texflag:

RagingBull
09-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Pey-Me-A-Ton has had his run .... I'd hit him in the kneecap with a tire iron if I could get away with it.

No need for all that kind of talk...That's what we have Pollard for!

Texas T
09-06-2010, 04:56 PM

My thoughts exactly (even before I saw any answers).
I voted with my Heart-gotta have faith in the team.

:texflag:

76Texan
09-06-2010, 06:53 PM
14-4

Win division (13-3)
Unfortunately, they come out on the short end in the conference champiosnhip game.

Showtime100
09-06-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm in the 10-6 bunch. I fear we get 2 less wins and I hope we get 2 more. Scary thing is I think anything in the 8/12-win range is VERY possible.

Thoughts and prayers to the football Gods. Just don't tell them who you root for. :tiphat:

Giant Tiger
09-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Last year I said 10-6. This year I'm going 8-8 with the schedule, secondary & Cushing out 4 games. I hope I'm wrong, though.

dream_team
09-06-2010, 07:13 PM
They have the toughest schedule in the league this season... but I look down the list and there isn't a game they should lose. Maybe the game in Indy? But I'll be conservative and say 12-4.

I don't know why some people in here say the running game is still crappy? Our #1 RB had a 6ypc during the preseason?

spurstexanstros
09-06-2010, 07:16 PM
10-6

wait for it............

until proven otherwise.

( 4 year streak of saying that)

TheMatrix31
09-06-2010, 07:45 PM
I'll take 9-7 again.

I'm worried about corners, who will fill in for Cush for four games, whether we'll get anything from our DL aside from Mario, and our running game.

Dutchrudder
09-06-2010, 07:53 PM
10-6 is my guess. I think the team shows a bit of improvement over the year, and the Texans defense learns how to take advantage of their opponent's mistakes.

Dwade
09-06-2010, 08:11 PM
They have the toughest schedule in the league this season... but I look down the list and there isn't a game they should lose. Maybe the game in Indy? But I'll be conservative and say 12-4.

I don't know why some people in here say the running game is still crappy? Our #1 RB had a 6ypc during the preseason?

:facepalm:

GNTLEWOLF
09-06-2010, 08:12 PM
I said 8-8. with the schedule we have and the needs at RB, along with a very young defensive backfield I don't see it much better than that.

Speedy
09-06-2010, 08:41 PM
6-2 at home - 2 losses to Colts and Ravens.

Now - can they win 4 or more on the road? Washington, J-ville, Oakland, Tennessee and Denver are all winnable games.

They will drop one they probably should win, but I think that balances out with one they have no business winning and pull it out.

I can realistically see 10-6 or 11-5. If that happens, with the schedule they've got, they will be a very, very good football team so I might as well make them Super Bowl champs!!

((I can also realistically see them going 7-9 too))

Norg
09-06-2010, 10:59 PM
either way the Jags and TItans and COlts all bassically play the same sechudle things should be intresting in the AFC south IMO we might run away with it or maybe even win the divison with a 9-7 if the rest crumbles

badboy
09-07-2010, 12:28 PM
9-7 if we're lucky

weak secondary
crappy center
ONE decent RB
a mediocre kicker

PLUS, we might have 3 out of 53 guys who have a MEAN streak! I'm just afraid our boys are still a little to "soft."

I pray to all the football gawds above that they prove me wrong!!!11-5
Secondary was weak with FS Wilson out hurt but we have added Nolan who much to my surprise looked really good. Secondary is better Quin and McCain having a season behind them and also some jitters. I think they will also have more confidence that Reeves was let go. If Jackson can just survive the first 3-4 games and I think he will. *Jamar Wall will be a +.

Crappy center? While not the best in NFL he does just what Kubiak wants & that is run the Oline plays. Remember, the OG on either side of him went down hurt and he has two new guys that are even better than Studdard & Briesel.

RB: Foster will do well and can handle the load especially if Slaton is allowed to be the "surprise" RB. Anything would be better than last season's production and we now have more than "anything".

RAckers should be fine if not perfect within 40 and we should not be kicking many from beyond that.

Coach? We did pretty well offensive wise last season with Kubes so I cancel that worry out of my mind.

Receivers will be even better and TEs much better.

Defensive front 7 should be very good. So 11-5.

axman40
09-09-2010, 06:24 PM
12-4
Make it so Coach K!
:texflag:

ArlingtonTexan
09-09-2010, 09:50 PM
10-6

Lucky
09-10-2010, 06:33 PM
11-5
4-2 vs AFC South (L's @ Indy & @Tenn)
3-1 vs NFC East (L @ Philly)
3-1 vs AFC West (L vs San Diego)
1-1 vs Rest of AFC (L @ Jets, W vs Ravens on MNF)

Texans and Colts both go 11-5, but Texans win tiebreak on wins vs common opponents. Texans hold 3rd seed and host the Bengals in the Wild Card Round. The Texans defeat the Bengals and go to Baltimore in divisional round, where they lose on a late FG.

Texan_Bill
09-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Darnell Dockett doesn't think that people who never played football should make predictions... :cool:

JCTexan
09-10-2010, 06:49 PM
10-6. I will be disappointed if Houston doesn't make the playoffs & a 10-6 record should get them there.

drs23
09-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Darnell Dockett doesn't think that people who never played football should make predictions... :cool:

TB, did he say football or pro ball? Cuz I've playey me a bunch of football. Pee Wee, Flag, Jr. High and some HS. Can I still make predictions?

JB
09-10-2010, 09:17 PM
TB, did he say football or pro ball? Cuz I've playey me a bunch of football. Pee Wee, Flag, Jr. High and some HS. Can I still make predictions?

No!

:D

Texan_Bill
09-10-2010, 09:22 PM

I don't think he specified, however he also inferred that most of the pronostigators wouldn't even be picked in the neighborhood street games...

And yes, you have every right to make predictions!

He just made an asshat comment...

drs23
09-10-2010, 09:24 PM
No!

:D

OK then.

I'm still gonna :evil:

Texan_Bill
09-10-2010, 09:25 PM
In fact, Johnny Harris (1560 The Game) kinda went off on his asshat comments. Johnny specifically propped Steph, aka Stephanie Stradley, aka Texans Chick!!! Harris went on to say that Steph is right, 99.9% of the time.... "Did she ever play the game?"

Big Lou
09-10-2010, 11:26 PM
I went 11-5. I just think this team has turned the corner.

I think we split the series with Indy and the Tacks, and sweep the Jags. So 4-2 in our division. I think we go 2-2 in the NFC East. 3-1 in the AFC West, and I say we beat Baltimore and the Jets. I think we make amends for the opening game last year, and Baltimores D is old.

I say the Offense is top 5, and the D is top 12 for the regular season.

I can't wait until Sunday, I'm so pumped!!!!!!!!! If we pummel Indy it will set the tone, but hey I'll settle for winning by 1, a double u is a double u!!!!!!!

thunderkyss
09-11-2010, 07:56 AM
10-6. I will be disappointed if Houston doesn't make the playoffs & a 10-6 record should get them there.

My prediction is the Texans will be 10-5 going into Jacksonville Jan 2nd. If we win that game, we go to the playoffs as Division Champs. If we lose, we're out all together.

I'm thinking the Colts will be in the same predicament playing the Titans that same day. If we both win, we both go. If either team loses, they're out.

thunderkyss
09-11-2010, 07:58 AM
I say we beat Baltimore and the Jets. I think we make amends for the opening game last year, and Baltimores D is old.

I've got to imagine the team is looking forward to that game as well. I know I am.

Maddict5
09-11-2010, 08:49 AM
9-7 if we're lucky

weak secondary
crappy center
ONE decent RB
a mediocre kicker

I pray to all the football gawds above that they prove me wrong!!!

1. eventhough its disputable, a 'mediocre' kicker is a huge step up on what we had last yr
2. ya crappy center whatever. you're obviously an o-line expert with that in depth analysis
3. its says alot about the other coaches and d-coordinators in the league that they cant stop such a predictable offence. did you ever think of taking up an nfl HC/DC gig yourself since you're obviously one of the few that has it sussed?

i think its sad that a fan can be so negative heading into such a big season with all the positive things we've seen last yr and in the preseason. not saying you have to think the team is perfect or anything cos is not but once the important guys stay healthy, this team is a contender

hradhak
09-11-2010, 09:00 AM
1. eventhough its disputable, a 'mediocre' kicker is a huge step up on what we had last yr
2. ya crappy center whatever. you're obviously an o-line expert with that in depth analysis
3. its says alot about the other coaches and d-coordinators in the league that they cant stop such a predictable offence. did you ever think of taking up an nfl HC/DC gig yourself since you're obviously one of the few that has it sussed?

i think its sad that a fan can be so negative heading into such a big season with all the positive things we've seen last yr and in the preseason. not saying you have to think the team is perfect or anything cos is not but once the important guys stay healthy, this team is a contender

Agreed. Especially since no team in the NFL is perfect. Everyone has deficiencies and you don't need a pro bowler at every position. And although Kubiak has his flaws, he has turned this team into an offensive powerhouse and has the defense humming.

thunderkyss
09-11-2010, 09:04 AM
The thing about not getting our team ready to play.

Looking at the Idy games from last year.

Nov 8: They scored 13 points in the first half, 7 in the second half. Is the line that our guys didn't play, weren't prepared to play that first half but turned it on the second half?

We scored 3 points in the first half, 14 in the second half. Can we say the Colts weren't prepared to play the first half, but failed to play 4 Qtrs?

Nov 29

We scored 20 points in the first half, 7 in the second. Was Indy not prepared to play that first half?

They scored 7 points in the first half, 28 in the second half. We failed to play 4 Qtrs?

I think people are putting too much emphasis on this "not prepared to play" crap. I watched 16 games last season, and all 16 were very entertaining, and there was some good football played by the Houston Texans from bell to bell.

Some things didn't fall our way, that's the way this league is.

imatexan
09-12-2010, 01:22 AM
10-6 is what I am sticking to.

Playoffs here we come!!!

SheTexan
09-12-2010, 04:19 AM

Whats the matter! Does he hate WOMEN!!:scarygirl:

Big Lou
11-01-2010, 11:05 PM
I went 11-5. I just think this team has turned the corner.

I think we split the series with Indy and the Tacks, and sweep the Jags. So 4-2 in our division. I think we go 2-2 in the NFC East. 3-1 in the AFC West, and I say we beat Baltimore and the Jets. I think we make amends for the opening game last year, and Baltimores D is old.

I say the Offense is top 5, and the D is top 12 for the regular season.

I can't wait until Sunday, I'm so pumped!!!!!!!!! If we pummel Indy it will set the tone, but hey I'll settle for winning by 1, a double u is a double u!!!!!!!

Well we lost and I'm bummed, but at least my preseason prediction is still on track. Although I'm rethinking the whole ranking of the D and the O, and uh perhaps my overall win/lose record may be a little bold too, but I'm sticking with until I'm proven wrong.

Guess we gotta beat the Jags to stay on track.

thunderkyss
11-02-2010, 09:19 AM
11-5
4-2 vs AFC South (L's @ Indy & @Tenn)
3-1 vs NFC East (L @ Philly)
3-1 vs AFC West (L vs San Diego)
1-1 vs Rest of AFC (L @ Jets, W vs Ravens on MNF)

Texans and Colts both go 11-5, but Texans win tiebreak on wins vs common opponents. Texans hold 3rd seed and host the Bengals in the Wild Card Round. The Texans defeat the Bengals and go to Baltimore in divisional round, where they lose on a late FG.

So, We've got an extra loss against the NFC East so far.... looks like we'll need to pull out the win @ Philly, & a sweep of Tennessee or a Win @ the Jets. to stay on track.