PDA

View Full Version : JJohnson IR?

cj5776
09-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Does anyone know for sure if RB JJohnson will be gone for the year on the IR or if his toe injury is a 3 to 4 week injury that will allow him to be back for the majority of the season?

J_R
09-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Jeremiah Johnson is not on the roster. YTBD if they re-sign him when he's healthy

cj5776
09-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Thought it was a little odd they cut him without an injury settlement

J_R
09-06-2010, 11:00 AM

I think they did.

cj5776
09-06-2010, 11:10 AM
It kinda sounds like the Chester Pitts situation, where the dude has to rehab on his own until he can pass a physical. I am sure they will make a spot on the PSquad once JJohnson is recovered and can pass a physical.

The Pencil Neck
09-06-2010, 11:30 AM

I heard they settled with him.

Lucky
09-06-2010, 11:35 AM
It kinda sounds like the Chester Pitts situation, where the dude has to rehab on his own until he can pass a physical. I am sure they will make a spot on the PSquad once JJohnson is recovered and can pass a physical.
I don't think the Texans can re-sign Johnson until his settlement agreement has expired. How long that is has yet to be reported. Which is surprising, considering the "crack" reporters employed by The Chronic.

TimeKiller
09-07-2010, 07:53 AM
Why did they cut him? He looked like he was about to take Slaton's job....OOOOHHHH.....

BigBull17
09-07-2010, 08:02 AM
Why did they cut him? He looked like he was about to take Slaton's job....OOOOHHHH.....

Cause he gets hurt every time he runs the ball damn near. Fragile guy

Hervoyel
09-07-2010, 08:50 AM

I wouldn't go that far. He spent last season on IR with an injury he played his entire senior year nursing. He did 1200 yards with a shoulder that wouldn't stay in its socket.

The Texans wanted to see him get healthy so they stashed him on IR. This year he comes back with his shoulder healthy and plays well in preseason only to be taken out by a dislocated toe. Could have happened to anybody.

We haven't seen the last of Jeremiah Johnson IMO.

ObsiWan
09-07-2010, 12:08 PM
I wouldn't go that far. He spent last season on IR with an injury he played his entire senior year nursing. He did 1200 yards with a shoulder that wouldn't stay in its socket.

The Texans wanted to see him get healthy so they stashed him on IR. This year he comes back with his shoulder healthy and plays well in preseason only to be taken out by a dislocated toe. Could have happened to anybody.

We haven't seen the last of Jeremiah Johnson IMO.

I hope you are correct.

badboy
09-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Sorry to see him hurt. I had him # 2 RB on depth chart.

TimeKiller
09-07-2010, 12:28 PM

Antwaan Molden. So why didn't they keep him around?

devo-x
09-07-2010, 01:38 PM
We should expect to see him back for the Giants game at the earliest then? (accounting for the one month recovery time for his toe injury)

TexansBull
09-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Any word on this JJ? He or Ward for that matter may be the solution to replace Slaton.

small nizzle
09-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Any word on this JJ? He or Ward for that matter may be the solution to replace Slaton.

amazing, i just started a thread about jj literally SECONDS after you posted this.

TexansBull
09-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Yea saw the same. I am wondering too where is he on a possible addition back to the team and how the toe was coming along. With Slaton doing bad on kickoffs, I think he did a nice return in preseason, I know it was preseason but still, he may be able to get Slaton out of the #2 spot at relieving Foster and start doing the kick offs too.