PDA

View Full Version : Revis, Jets reach deal

J_R
09-05-2010, 11:37 PM
7 year deal that voids to 4. Basically 4 year deal

Adam_Schefter (www.twitter.com/Adam_Schefter)

Filed to ESPN: Jets and CB Darrelle Revis reach agreement in principle. Revis will fly to NY, sign contract and be on field next Monday nt.

powerfuldragon
09-05-2010, 11:45 PM
slapdick bastard took long enough.

snacktime?

The Pencil Neck
09-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Wow.

I heard that Rex Ryan finally tracked him down in Florida and flew down there to talk to him face to face to get the deal worked out... but I didn't expect it to get done that quick.

J_R
09-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Was watching the NBC halftime show, Peter King said he talked to Revis and Revis said if he's played the way he has(top notch), he can see himself going through a similar process again in 2 years(holding out).

Edit: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/11/another-revis-holdout-could-be-coming-in-two-years/

Kulluminatii
09-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Was watching the NBC halftime show, Peter King said he talked to Revis and Revis said if he's played the way he has(top notch), he can see himself going through a similar process again in 2 years(holding out).

Edit: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/11/another-revis-holdout-could-be-coming-in-two-years/

Wow, now I hope Revis has a terrible season to turn his ego down a notch or two. You've just signed a contract, honor it dammit.

powerfuldragon
09-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Wow, now I hope Revis has a terrible season to turn his ego down a notch or two. You've just signed a contract, honor it dammit.

ah man, on the last episode of hard knocks rex ryan lost it while he was talking to revis' agent, "It's a [expletive] joke three years left on a [expletive] contract." and then they hung up.

Kulluminatii
09-11-2010, 05:50 PM
ah man, on the last episode of hard knocks rex ryan lost it while he was talking to revis' agent, "It's a [expletive] joke three years left on a [expletive] contract." and then they hung up.

Definitely need to check out that episode. I'm wondering if the Jets will even deal with his BS if he does try to hold out after 2 years.

False Start
09-11-2010, 06:34 PM

Yeah, that was some funny ****! Even though I despise the Jets, I applaud Rex for doing that. :clap:

disaacks3
09-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Definitely need to check out that episode. I'm wondering if the Jets will even deal with his BS if he does try to hold out after 2 years. I'm betting if this happens again in 2 years, that they trade his a** for draft pick(s).

False Start
09-11-2010, 07:34 PM

If he does that, I think his image will be damaged big time. This is the kind of **** that will make your own fans turn on you. :cutthroat:

powerfuldragon
09-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Yeah, that was some funny ****! Even though I despise the Jets, I applaud Rex for doing that. :clap:

yeah, as much as i loathe the jets, this had to be the best season of hard knocks since they brought it back.