PDA

View Full Version : Epic McDaniels FAIL

Maddict5
09-04-2010, 05:34 PM
the broncos just traded alphonso smith for lions backup TE dan gronkowski. for those keeping score at home, mcdaniels in essence used the 14th pick ( what they gave up to get smith in the 09 draft) in this years draft for a 3rd string TE....

:gun::gun::gun:

JB
09-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Brilliant!

ChampionTexan
09-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Add it to the list...

BigBull17
09-05-2010, 05:58 PM
McDumbass makes my brain hurt a bit. The other trades didn't bother me as much as this one. How stupid can you be? Smith cant be that bad 1 year in.

Dutchrudder
09-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Oh THAT Gronkowski! I saw that in the cuts thread and assumed it was the Patriots TE because Bodden is on IR. Thought that was a decent deal, but damn that is $@"&in stupid!

I guess we can expect them to trade Dumerville for a 2nd string RB in the near future...

Wolf
09-05-2010, 07:02 PM
McDaniels ego is just flat out crazy

mexican_texan
09-05-2010, 07:05 PM
It's one thing to make a mistake, but to give up and make an announcement that you failed so soon...that's just foolish.

Texan4Ever
09-05-2010, 07:14 PM
I think McDaniels realized that Smith isn't who he thought he was and decided to get something out of him instead of nothing down the road. Yes, it's not the greatest move in the world but its better to pull the plug no than later.

ESAD2-14
09-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Either McDaniels is a mad genius or Denver will be recovering from his tenure as coach for a long time.

mexican_texan
09-05-2010, 09:15 PM
I think McDaniels realized that Smith isn't who he thought he was and decided to get something out of him instead of nothing down the road. Yes, it's not the greatest move in the world but its better to pull the plug no than later.
It's horrible PR. At worst, keep the kid buried on the depth chart. He's not doing himself or his FO any favors with this move.

The1ApplePie
09-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Why does McDaniels need good trades? He's got dat Spread Offense!

Another Belicheat disciple failing.

Texan_Bill
09-06-2010, 01:38 PM
"And I promise...............

God Bless"

Dutchrudder
09-06-2010, 03:47 PM
It's funny to think that McDaniels basically traded Earl Thomas for Alphonso Smith, which ended up getting them a crappy TE. I would be very surprised if this team has more than 4 wins this year.

V Man
09-10-2010, 11:00 AM
My only problem with McDaniels and his trades are............

Why the hell aren't the Texans getting any of those good Denver players for 7th round picks, back-ups or practice squad guys.

:runaway:

HOU-TEX
09-10-2010, 11:06 AM
"And I promise...............

God Bless"

:lol: Man, you really like that speech huh?

BigBull17
09-10-2010, 12:00 PM
My only problem with McDaniels and his trades are............

Why the hell aren't the Texans getting any of those good Denver players for 7th round picks, back-ups or practice squad guys.

:runaway:

Yeah, I understand not wanting to get Cutler or Marshal's baggage, but I would have offered a TE for Smith.

Texecutioner
09-10-2010, 12:32 PM
McDaniels ego is just flat out crazy

I honestly think he might end up being one of the most epic fails we've ever seen of a HC that butchered up an up and coming team.

This guy's ego is that big. It's like he wants no part of any player that was from the Shanahan regime no matter how good they might be. THey had what looked like one of the best young offenses in the league in Shanny's last season and since McD came there Cutler and Marshall are both gone. Royal has been completely phased out of this offense. Sheffler who was a young promising TE is gone. Hillis is gone. Every offensive play maker they had is gone. Then they put their #1 draft pick Moreno in a time share last season at RB after using a 1st round pick on the guy. Then we won't even get into the risky draft picks he threw away for Tim Tebow who might not pan out at all. Mcdaniels has some sort of weird ego where he's trying to prove to everyone that he's some genius or something.

drs23
09-10-2010, 01:00 PM
I honestly think he might end up being one of the most epic fails we've ever seen of a HC that butchered up an up and coming team.

This guy's ego is that big. It's like he wants no part of any player that was from the Shanahan regime no matter how good they might be. THey had what looked like one of the best young offenses in the league in Shanny's last season and since McD came there Cutler and Marshall are both gone. Royal has been completely phased out of this offense. Sheffler who was a young promising TE is gone. Hillis is gone. Every offensive play maker they had is gone. Then they put their #1 draft pick Moreno in a time share last season at RB after using a 1st round pick on the guy. Then we won't even get into the risky draft picks he threw away for Tim Tebow who might not pan out at all. Mcdaniels has some sort of weird ego where he's trying to prove to everyone that he's some genius or something.

I pretty much agree with everything you said Tex. It may take a couple of years to tell how much he's effed up but I believe that will be the end result.

Dutchrudder
09-10-2010, 01:02 PM
How long do you think McDaniels will be a head coach?

Over/Under on 3 Years.

I'll take the under I think he's out after this season or by the end of next. :)

Nawzer
09-10-2010, 01:09 PM
McDaniels is just flat out crazy

Fixed that for ya!

I think McDaniels feels like with Tebow on board he not only has a qb but also Jesus Christ himself on board with the Broncos.

TexansBull
09-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Who do you think has done worse -

McDaniels who had a playoff team handed to him

or

Casserly/Capers(yall know the story)

Texecutioner
09-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Who do you think has done worse -

McDaniels who had a playoff team handed to him

or

Casserly/Capers(yall know the story)

Mcdaniels did not have a playoff team handed to him. The Broncos had been one game out of the playoffs the year before, but it was a borderline playoff team. He was handed a young great offense and a terrible defense. He butchered up that team completely though and got rid of all of talent they had in their skill positions.

Casserly and Capers were handed a brand new expansion franchise that had nothing there. They had a much more difficult task to deal with. Both of those situations really aren't even comparable though and Mcdaniels is just now entering his 2nd season any way. He still has plenty of time to turn things around, but I won't expect him to have any success.

The1ApplePie
09-10-2010, 02:45 PM

Its what Belichick would do!

Or, what he thinks he would do.

Texan_Bill
09-10-2010, 02:50 PM
:lol: Man, you really like that speech huh?

I promise you one thing, a lot
Of good will come out of this.
You will never see me
listen to another speech as hard
As I listened to Tim Tebow the rest of the
Season. You will never see
Me push the rest of
You as hard as I will push
Everybody the rest of the season.

You will never see me
listen harder than we will
Listen
The rest of the season.

God Bless.

SF49erFaithful
09-11-2010, 09:45 PM
McDaniels thus far seems like an awful, awful coach. He has made some obvious blunders like ship away WR Marshall and Cutler, but I also have no idea why the hell Mike Nolan left? That improved Bronco defense is the biggest reason they won as many games as they did last season. Apparently the parting was "mutual", but I have no idea why that's so.....I certainly couldn't imagine that happening with a different HC at the helm...

BigBull17
09-14-2010, 10:41 PM
McDaniels thus far seems like an awful, awful coach. He has made some obvious blunders like ship away WR Marshall and Cutler, but I also have no idea why the hell Mike Nolan left? That improved Bronco defense is the biggest reason they won as many games as they did last season. Apparently the parting was "mutual", but I have no idea why that's so.....I certainly couldn't imagine that happening with a different HC at the helm...

His knowledge of the game seems sound, he just needs a GM to tell him "no" and "shut up"