PDA

View Full Version : Joique Bell?

The Pencil Neck
09-04-2010, 05:55 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a25abd/article/cutdown-day-teams-release-players-to-reach-53man-roster?module=HP_headlines

Joique Bell was released by the Bills? I thought Joique Bell had a good preseason?

Hottoddie
09-04-2010, 06:01 PM
He's a player I'll be surprised if the Texans don't take a look at. I'd love to see him brought in for a look.

Rey
09-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Get'r done!

TexanExile
09-04-2010, 10:39 PM
With all these preseason injuries to big and nearly-big name RBs around the league, guys like Bell are probably getting quite a few calls. I'd like to see him come in for a look but I wonder if the Texans wouldn't be in line behind a couple other teams.

The Pencil Neck
09-04-2010, 10:46 PM
With all these preseason injuries to big and nearly-big name RBs around the league, guys like Bell are probably getting quite a few calls. I'd like to see him come in for a look but I wonder if the Texans wouldn't be in line behind a couple other teams.

Yes. Because of the way the waiver wire is set up, there are 16 teams ahead of us who could get Joique Bell first.

CloakNNNdagger
09-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Per Rotoworld

Joique Bell: Bills sign four to practice squad
Joique Bell - RB - BUF - Sep. 5 - 5:44 pm et

Bills signed RB Joique Bell, FB Rodney Ferguson, OT Jason Watkins, and WR Naaman Roosevelt to their practice squad.

Buffalo will keep four spots open for now. Bell was among the league's preseason rushing leaders, but it's not surprising that he went unclaimed on waivers. He offers little in the passing game, and lacks NFL-caliber speed.

Sep. 5 - 5:44 pm et
Source: Buffalo News

DexmanC
09-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Per Rotoworld

Bills signed RB Joique Bell, FB Rodney Ferguson, OT Jason Watkins, and WR Naaman Roosevelt to their practice squad.

Buffalo will keep four spots open for now. Bell was among the league's preseason rushing leaders, but it's not surprising that he went unclaimed on waivers. He offers little in the passing game, and lacks NFL-caliber speed.

Sounds like a carbon copy of Darius Walker.

Hottoddie
09-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Per Rotoworld

I'm disappointed in this. Even if his pass catching game is not up to par yet, I believe he'd make an excellent short yardage back, especially down in the red zone.

Oh well, we did pick up Jamar Wall. I was really disappointed that Dallas took him ahead of us. I think this kid has real potential.