PDA

View Full Version : Roster cuts

J_R
09-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Instead of a new thread for every cut, will post them here.

Kris Brown (http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/nfl/100903-rackers-wins-texans'-kicking-job)
Jacques Reeves (http://twitter.com/Ed_Thompson/status/22914963977)
Chris Henry (http://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/22900733836)

TEXANS84
09-03-2010, 02:50 PM

Kris Brown
Jacques Reeves
Chris Henry

Where are you seeing Jacques Reeves cut?

J_R
09-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Ed_Thompson (http://twitter.com/Ed_Thompson)

I've been told by one of my sources that the Houston Texans will release veteran CB Jacques Reeves in their final cuts. #Texans (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans) #NFL (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23NFL)

Ole Miss Texan
09-03-2010, 02:51 PM

Kris Brown
Jacques Reeves
Chris Henry

Where are you seeing Jacques Reeves cut?

Should probably update the Original Post with the players cut and post a reply with the players name and link to source.... (sadly most likely twitter).

EDIT: You da man HSF09!

El Tejano
09-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Appearantly when they called Jacques Reeves name to be on the roster, he would not turn around so they just went ahead and cut him.

False Start
09-03-2010, 02:53 PM
They just said on 610 the cuts will be announced in the next hour.

rmartin65
09-03-2010, 02:55 PM
They just said on 610 the cuts will be announced in the next hour.

Sweet. I cant wait for more information, getting to know who is on the team.

Miggsy
09-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Appearantly when they called Jacques Reeves name to be on the roster, he would not turn around so they just went ahead and cut him.

Nice

b0ng
09-03-2010, 03:00 PM

This needs more love.

ObsiWan
09-03-2010, 03:01 PM

Getting burned for a TD in the fourth qtr last night didn't help his cause
...he didn't turn around then either.

badboy
09-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Sweet. I cant wait for more information, getting to know who is on the team.Yeah I'm ready to add new roster to my favorites as I deleted the old one this morning. Reeves surprises me but he has not played well in pre season.

Mailman
09-03-2010, 03:04 PM

Coincidentally, I am watching last night's game for the first time on dvr replay and read that tweet about Reeves getting cut twenty seconds before that TD. Reeves had excellent coverage on the receiver, but he had no idea where the ball was and got beat accordingly.

El Tejano
09-03-2010, 03:05 PM

Yes..the point of my joke.

badboy
09-03-2010, 03:05 PM
This needs more love.
"Jacques, all we need is love, love. Love is all we need (Beatles) and for you to knock the damn ball down!":tiphat:

rmartin65
09-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Yeah I'm ready to add new roster to my favorites as I deleted the old one this morning. Reeves surprises me but he has not played well in pre season.

Yeah, not too surprised at the Reeves cut. I did think he looked better than McManis last night, but I guess he has more upside.

GP
09-03-2010, 03:08 PM
This needs more love.

Go to 1:04 of this clip. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbFEaOH31fY)

ObsiWan
09-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Yes..the point of my joke.

Oh yeah... ummm, I knew that

But did you see that play? The WR used Reeves' back to trap the ball and make the catch. If Reeves had a football proximity sensor, that would have been a INT because he (Reeves) was in better position to make the catch than the WR was.

...it didn't help that that catch - and it was a goodie - got the whole TB team fired up to the point they drew an "Excessive Celebration" penalty.

Ole Miss Texan
09-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Oh yeah... ummm, I knew that

But did you see that play? The WR used Reeves' back to trap the ball and make the catch. If Reeves had a football proximity sensor, that would have been a INT because he (Reeves) was in better position to make the catch than the WR was.
Yea, there's been about 20 other instances just like that one.

gary
09-03-2010, 03:22 PM
They just said on 610 the cuts will be announced in the next hour.Would that be all of them?

houstonspartan
09-03-2010, 03:24 PM

LOL!!!! Good one.

TEXANS84
09-03-2010, 03:24 PM
I would assume Andre Davis would be on that list coming soon.

JB
09-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Coach Kubiak live at 3:30 pm CT on HoustonTexans.com 2 discuss roster:

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/index.asp?mm_file_id=4303&play_clip=Y

Link (http://twitter.com/HoustonTexans)

The Pencil Neck
09-03-2010, 03:27 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/index.asp?mm_file_id=4303&play_clip=Y

Link (http://twitter.com/HoustonTexans)

I was just coming to post this. :)

CloakNNNdagger
09-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Clark NOT released.

rmartin65
Did he just say he is not going through the cut list? Then what is this press conference for?

CloakNNNdagger
Did he just say he is not going through the cut list? Then what is this press conference for?
To be released tomorrow.

The Pencil Neck
09-03-2010, 03:32 PM

Exactly.

I'm going to tell you but I'm not going to tell you. WTF?

AD goes to IR.

rmartin65
Looking to keep 5 WRs... Andre Davis on IR.

CloakNNNdagger
Andre probably IR

CloakNNNdagger
09-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Justin Fargis and Ward worked out today.

The Pencil Neck
09-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Both Ward and Fargas in for a workout.

rmartin65
09-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Sounds like Dickerson is on the team. Or Kubiak is an *****.

EDIT- Idjut

CloakNNNdagger
Not worried about Dorin swiped off of PS "Not gonna happen."

hot pickle
yaaaaa DORIN!!!! i have high hopes for this guy.... sounds like hes on the team. hopefully we can get derrick ward

C Madd
09-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Orlovsky will be #2...

CloakNNNdagger
09-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Orlovsky #2. JDB may be PS, but there will be a 3rd somewhere.

CloakNNNdagger
09-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Orlovsky's camp performance not outdone by last night.

rmartin65
09-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Wont name a starter at RG. Kubiak is the master of coach speak.

J_R
09-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Kubiak presser:

Wont officially be released until tomorrow.

Jacques Reeves gone?

Yes

Number of vets. Dont wanna go through this whole list.

No Danny Clark

Had a great battle with Kris and Neil. FG standpoint was even. Deciding factor was kickoff. Liked what Neil did there. Tough tough call. Respect for Chris. We made a decision to go in different direction. Tough day. Met with Kris this morning.

It was miserable. I respect him as a man. I respect his career and know he will have a good one. He knows my standpoint/job.

How many recievers?

End of tomorrow, 5. We could maybe get another one with waiver wire. Andre Davis headed for IR. Injury will take time so IR.

You met with Ward, anything?

I didnt.

Are you interested?

We worked him out. I saw the workout on tape. BOth him and Justin Fargas. We got issues at RB. We'll be looking at waiver wire. GOt issues to get cleaned up.

Can you talk more at WR? Bobby Williams?

Williams could be. Played well last night.

How worried are you about Dorin?

Not worried at all. Not gonna happen.

How many corners and why Reeves?

GOing young. 5 on the roster. That's what we've done. 5 CBs 4 Safeties. Trying to get Molden healthy. We made a decision to go young. We feel good about it. Played very good.

Backup QB situation? 3 QBs? Dan #2?

Yeah Dan is #2. As of tomorrow, there will be 2 on the roster. Expect to have another one on the PS sometime. We got other issues on our team.

Indirectly, Neil have an advantage over Kris because he wasnt here?

No, not at all. Obviously last year not good. We had to get better. Sat down with Kris that this was about 2 guys going head to head, winning a job. No preconcieved notion. Just 2 guys going at it.

After looking at the film, anything change with Dan?

Cant dismiss great camp he has had. Cant win with those decisions though. He has had a good camp. Was 8-8 before the mistakes. Got confidence in him. He gotta overcome that and move forward and I gotta help him.

Can you address RG spot?

Both played well. We'll lock in our starters towards end of week. Both played well. Caldwell has held his own. Mike has pushed him. Is there a rotation?

Competition made it better, agree?

Yeah, they're all close guys. Very close as a group. We trust them all. I think it keeps guys going. We're 7 deep with guys we play. It's healthy competition.

CloakNNNdagger
09-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Cut list released 3pm tomorrow

rmartin65
09-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Official cut list will be out a 3 tomorrow?

HOU-TEX
09-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Clark NOT released.

Which tells me he'll be our SAM for 4 weeks.

Texan_Bill
09-03-2010, 03:39 PM

:heh:

1560 has been reporting that Reeves is gonzo also!!

CloakNNNdagger
09-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Shortest press conference ever.:spin:

hobie
09-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Should have waited til tomorrow....

rmartin65
09-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Should have waited til tomorrow....

Yep. This was a major let down.

The Pencil Neck
09-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Yep. This was a major let down.

I don't think they understand (or really care for that matter) how incredibly interested the fans are in knowing this stuff.

This was just a horrendous teaser.

DexmanC
09-03-2010, 03:49 PM
I have a feeling they may cut Garrett Graham. From what I could see
from the tightends. Casey has decent hands and quickness, but he
falls down shortly after making a catch. Graham is like Owen Daniels,
but he seemed much harder to bring down. Sometimes, Graham was
pulling tacklers for an extra couple yards.

Tough cuts coming at tightend.

gary
09-03-2010, 03:51 PM
What did he say?

hobie
09-03-2010, 03:53 PM
What did he say?

Nothing of substance Gary... you missed nothing !!!

Well other than it was very difficult with the Kris Brown situation..

The Pencil Neck
What did he say?

It's all in HoustonSportsFan09's post.

JB
What did he say?

Link (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1510838&postcount=39)

ObsiWan
09-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Cut list released 3pm tomorrow

You know, this may be a "if we don't find someone we like better" situations.

As in:
"We have our cut list finalized, unless we find someone on the wire we like soooo much they make us change the current plan."

There are probably a list of guys they've been watching that if they get waived, Smithiak snatches them up in a heartbeat.

ObsiWan
09-03-2010, 03:57 PM
I have a feeling they may cut Garrett Graham. From what I could see
from the tightends. Casey has decent hands and quickness, but he
falls down shortly after making a catch. Graham is like Owen Daniels,
but he seemed much harder to bring down. Sometimes, Graham was
pulling tacklers for an extra couple yards.

Tough cuts coming at tightend.

Do you mean cut as in "get rid of" or cut as in "try and sneak onto the practice squad"?

xreadx
09-03-2010, 04:00 PM
so they cut Henry for Ward?

valleytexfan
09-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Guess Booty didn't do enough...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7185742.html

JB
09-03-2010, 04:03 PM
so they cut Henry for Ward?

No, they cut Henry. They brought in Ward and Fargas for a workout. They will be bringing others in for workouts also.

CloakNNNdagger
09-03-2010, 04:05 PM
No, they cut Henry. They brought in Ward and Fargas for a workout. They will be bringing others in for workouts also.

I going in for CB tomorrow. I've been practicing turning around all day.:turtle:

gary
09-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Link (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1510838&postcount=39)Thank you. I got it.

ObsiWan
09-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Guess Booty didn't do enough...

Booty, who ignited a furious second-half rally in Thursday’s 24-17 loss to Tampa Bay, is expected to be signed to the practice squad.

If this is true then this is Dan-O's last chance. Booty gets a year on the P/S to learn the system; so if Dan-O doesn't show significant improvement over the season, I think JDB will be the #2 guy coming out of the 2011 T/C.

ObsiWan
09-03-2010, 04:08 PM
I going in for CB tomorrow. I've been practicing turning around all day.:turtle:

Oh so you're using the D-Rob strategy; sitting out all thru OTAs and T/C?? I suppose now you'll want to start too?
:foottap:

gary
09-03-2010, 04:09 PM
If this is true then this is Dan-O's last chance. Booty gets a year on the P/S to learn the system; so if Dan-O doesn't show significant improvement over the season, I think JDB will be the #2 guy coming out of the 2011 T/C.If there is football in 2011.

valleytexfan
09-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Dumb question...if Sage gets cut do we take a look?

xreadx
09-03-2010, 04:16 PM
as in justin fargus... oaklands #1 rb?

michaelm
09-03-2010, 04:17 PM

If Sage cets cut, sign him, and cut Dano.

rmartin65
09-03-2010, 04:17 PM

Not dumb... I would take a look.

xreadx
09-03-2010, 04:18 PM
completely off today apparently

The Pencil Neck
09-03-2010, 04:19 PM
as in justin fargus... oaklands #1 rb?

Yes. Fargas is on the street right now after the Broncos cut him.

CloakNNNdagger
09-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Yes. Fargas is on the street right now after the Broncos cut him.

Fargas was released IIRC by the Raiders because of knee problems. I believe he's coming off of a spring knee scope. His preseason did not show him much reps with something like 1 or 2 ypc. Sounds like a "Buyer beware."

Rey
09-03-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm glad we cut Reeves. He was absolutely terrible for his duration here. Soft as a cushion and had the awarness of a table.

The1ApplePie
09-03-2010, 04:47 PM
There should be a lot of backs on the street. The Pats alone have to cut 3.

BullNation4Life
09-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Which tells me he'll be our SAM for 4 weeks.

Adibi could be the starter until Cushing gets back...

Thorn
09-03-2010, 05:13 PM
I can't believe Booty was released. That sucks.

J_R
09-03-2010, 05:16 PM
They hope to get him back(I think). Kubiak saying they will have 3 QBs on roster, somehow, someway(whether it be active or PS). Maybe they go in a diff. direction from JDB but who knows.

Hardcore Texan
09-03-2010, 05:28 PM
I can't believe Booty was released. That sucks.

I like me some booty for sure. Better than dan o.

Grforces
09-03-2010, 05:33 PM
"Booty, 25, will be released despite setting a Texans preseason record with 207 passing yards against the Bucs on Thursday night. Kubiak said that he's confident with Dan Orlovsky as the backup to Matt Schaub, although he expects the Texans to add another quarterback soon to the roster or practice squad.

"J.D. (Booty) could be that guy," Kubiak said. "As of tomorrow, we'll be down to two. We've got other issues with our team and that's one of the things that are keeping us at that number right now."
per kubiak. Kinda sad, dint think Booty would get cut at all. Im still gonna wear the jersey. Who's got the booty?

Rey
09-03-2010, 05:45 PM
I think Kubiak just said that Derrick Fine will make the team.

Said he doesn't anticipate letting go any of the TE's...All will be used...

Said he see's situations where they will use three TE sets...

Anthony Hill to PUP.

J_R
09-03-2010, 05:45 PM
^^^Yup he did. Will have the whole Gary Kubiak show up when it's over.;)

CloakNNNdagger
09-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Kubiak said, Hill to PUP and we are essentially keeping all the TEs (Casey as an H-swingback) including Derek Fine. Looking at using 2 AND 3 TE sets this season.

Grforces
09-03-2010, 05:50 PM
3 TE sets would be scarry for opposing teams. Fine looked like he had some speed and catching ability. So you put out OD, Casey, And Fine, all fast, and great catching, would be very hard for opposing teams to cover em all plus have AJ lined up. Would be very hard to tell if we running, or doing a PA.

rmartin65
09-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Let me see if I have this straight:

Owen Daniels
James Casey
Joel Dreessen
Garrett Graham
Derek Fine

PUP: Hill

So, possibly, 6 TEs on the roster? Really? I understand that we might not see Hill. 5 TEs. And that OD has injury issues, so maybe 4 TEs. But what if they are all healthy? This is a ridiculous amount. Add with a roster spot solely devoted to LS, the Texans are going to be light somewhere. And that is worrisome.

Rey
09-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Sounds like Schoebel is still in the back of their minds...

Grforces
09-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Let me see if I have this straight:

Owen Daniels
James Casey
Joel Dreessen
Garrett Graham
Derek Fine

PUP: Hill

So, possibly, 6 TEs on the roster? Really? I understand that we might not see Hill. 5 TEs. And that OD has injury issues, so maybe 4 TEs. But what if they are all healthy? This is a ridiculous amount. Add with a roster spot solely devoted to LS, the Texans are going to be light somewhere. And that is worrisome.

Great point. What position would you like to see us heavy in? Definaly running back. I don't see the point in being heavy in QB, unless we can get a good vet, but not likely. Saftey position we are very light at.

J_R
09-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Gary Kubiak Show:

Rich and Rob here, tough day I know, how's it going?

It's toughest day in coaching. Been working with these guys and you have to tell 20 guys we're going in a different direction. We move on from here and give our guys a break this weekend.

A cat and mouse game regarding questions and who made the roster? Why?

Names arent officially released until 3 tomorrow. We know we're gonna make some moves. Sometimes try to let guys know ahead of time. I did want to give guys a break this weekend. I wouldnt have wanted it that way.

Biggest move was Brown. What led to Rackers?

It was most difficult decision. We started from scratch. It wasnt good enough last year. So we brougth Neil in who is proven. Said you're starting from scratch and make decision at the end. Close from FG perspective. Felt good Neil had good KOs - that was deciding factor. Had a great convo with Kris today but feel good with Neil.

Was foot factor?

Not for us, no. He continued to kick. Kris has had this issue on the other foot before and has kicked before. From that perspective, no, wasnt a factor.

Other big move was going young at CB. Most experienced CB is Molden. Decision to let Reeves go?

It was one way or the other. 5 or 6. We believe in these young guys. Playing well on the field and for Joe on ST. Molden did not practice. A little concerned there. Wait for him on Wednesday. We'll have to have them step up.

Gutsy decision there coach. W/L record is how you'll be judged and going young.

No doubt about that. We feel good about them. As a group, above and beyond their years. They'll get challenged but I know they'll answer.

John McClain joining us.

Smooth how you guys did that(laughing).

I thought you were gonna run away.

Gonna bring in another corner?

Gonna look at the waiver wire hard. We'll go into Sunday morning and look to improve the team in a lot of areas. CB will be one area. Will we sign one? I dont know.

How many O-linemen?

9 is the way we're going. All our T's were young. Did good things but lack of experience. Look at the wire there. Many teams struggling there at the T spot. Concerned about the depth there.

Another move made was to keep Dan as the backup and put JDB on the PS. Given his showing, concerned another team could get him?

No doubt. First Dan, going off his whole body of work, not just one game. Disappointed we turned the ball over. GOing off his progress and believe he will continue to progress. I do expect to somehow, someway get 3 QBs on the roster whether it's active or PS. You'd love for JDB to come back. He'll explore his options. Did some good things. Think he had a good time. Fit him well.

He played with some swagger.

He really did. Had to worry about more than his job. Had to work with the young guys, guys only on the team a few weeks. Real impressed how he handled himself. Almost pulled off the comeback. He's just looking for right opportunity.

GK: How about the National Anthem last night, good wasnt it?

Yeah, it was.

I read on Chron.com we are signing Derrick Ward.

We worked him and Fargas out. Signed big contract and we think he fits what we do. We'd like him.

Best guy out there or scheme?

He is a zone runner. Can play ST. We need a vet who has played some football. Arian is fine, Steve should be fine. Ward a big option for us.

If he is added, people will say he was cut by TB.

Any idea on what went wrong there?

He went there to be top guy and Cadillac has gotten healthy. Just the way it worked out. Hopefully he is right

Where does he fit in?

Catching him up on what we do. Excellent chance he suits up against the Colts. Hopefully we find a role.

Update on Jeremiah?

Gonna miss enough time that there is a concern. COuld be a good month. SOmething we have to work through. We got pressing issues there.

Some positives, you like TEs, Brian likes TE.

Been on another team with more talented TEs?

No. James and others have taken advantage of the time. Garrett and Fine made some plays last night. Has worked out well for us. OD looked good at practice today. A lot of bodies there.

You always say if you got a playmaker, gotta get on the field, looks like JC is a playmaker.

Yeah, played Tiger last night(2 TEs). James held his own last night.

[Caller]: If you had to start tomorrow, who is starting on Strongside?

Still got time, but Xavier looked good last night. Of course he is fresher. X has always been option #1. He is our guy if healthy. Otherwise Kevin. Sharpton has been working there too.

[Caller]: You comfortable with secondary and Nolan gonna get an opportunity?

Nolan has been a brightspot. Think he's capable of starting but comfortable with our Safeties. We need 'em all to grow up and play together.

Taking your calls.

[Caller]: Looking at any productive names at CB? I see you got the swagger. Keep it up.

*laughs*We're gonna sit down as staff and look at waiver wire. Gonna look at every player and see if they can help us get better. DOnt be surprised if this team makes some more moves.

More questions upcoming.

Question awhile ago, regarding Cushing, after the suspension, I bump into Allen Reid, all kinds of tech. available, does Brian have to cut off all communication?

We can talk to him and check up on him. We cant go work him out on a daily basis. Cant be at facility. We'll keep him up to date. Physically, he will have to work on his own.

Technically, someone could connect Brian through Skype?

I wish I could answer.

John: He can't do that.

It's very vague. Can talk to your players but cant physically be there with them. Brian just cant be there for a month. Though we have to stay in contact with him.

[Caller]: How will Ward improve the team?

With Derrick, hoping he gets back to form in NY where he was a valued FA. Didnt work out in TB. Cadillac got healthy. We like he is a physical runner. Can play ST. Played in big games. We need a vet. presence. Big need and Derrick gets a new opportunity. We're taking a chance but hope it pays off.

Steve Slaton turf toe?

We practice today. Steve did not practice but did run. Should be on the field Wednesday ready to go.

Johnson could miss a month, what about Henry?

He's fine. ONly back we had. We been excited with Chris from a ST standpoint. Has struggled keeping up though. We'll see what happen. I'm thinnking Chris will be apart of this team somehow, someway.

[Caller]: Since Jacoby will get a lot of time at WR, who will return?

He will get those touches too. He will start at PR. Steve will do KR. Jacoby will do both if Steve cant go.

[Caller]: Biggest surprise in TC/preseason?

Troy Nolan. As a group, the TEs. Joel playing like a starter. I think it's various people in given games. We could add 7-8 new contributing faces.

[Caller]: Find a go to guy at the GL or go off tackle or sweep or something?

Just gotta be sure we got a guy. We believe in Arian. Chance to be a guy who carries 25-30 times. See with Ward.

At DT, we know Amobi and Cody. Pecking order otherwise?

Frank has made a lot of progress. Much better player. Earl has been everything we thought he was. Will be working with those 4. Antonio can always go inside. We'll play 8 man rotation on gameday.

Will you be watching wire there or enough depth?

I dont wanna be vague but look at every position. On D-line, Bulman did a lot for us. Very flexible. Have hard time replacing him. We'll keep eyes open across the board.

[Caller]: We have so many TEs, is there any consideraion to trade someone for another position where were thin?

Many people calling us. Would we let one go? Dont think that will happen. Anthony Hill will go to PUP. Hes not ready. After that, talking about Owen, Joel, Garrett, Fine, and James. DOnt think any of them will leave our team.

[Caller]: Is Steve Slaton going to be ready?

He should be. Wont pratice until Wednesday.

[Caller]: What have you done to improve scoring in the RZ, can you go to traditional set if all else fails?

You're right. Havent been good enough. Gotta be more efficient. Gotta find more points. We are a zone scheme. We do some counter. We'll stay committed to what we're doing. GOtta make the little plays. The RZ a big difference between winning and losing.

Last night in the game, the NFL announces regarding the ref, the ref will go back to old position at 5 minute mark of halves. Its a safety issue isnt it?

Yeah. Been hit too much, too many collisions. Change for everyone. I think we'll adjust fine. If you're in a game, down 17, trying to pick up tempo, that might be hard to do.

They might want to put hockey helmets on the umps, in all seriousness.

Yeah, I guess thats a suggestion. You got guys who are 21-30 year old who are great athletes and older refs. They're just gonna get caught in there.

[Caller]: Latest on Schobel? Interested or..?

No he has not been picked up. He and Bill Kolar are good friends. As of right now, nothing will happen. We're moving forward and go from there. Aaron a great player, person. PRobably a matter of what he wants to do. We gotta move forward though.

You feel good about Barwin taking it to next level?

He has played well. A little beat up last week. We wanted to see him a little last night. Played well. Getting to be better down in, down out player.

Have seen him with hand off the ground.

Talk about who takes Cushing's spot. There are some times where Connor is lined up in that spot.

Caldwell lone starter out there. Lastest there?

Both did their job. Neither dominated the spot, so no starter. We'll name starter later in the week as we head into the Colts. We could use a rotation into Week 1.

Busy day, probably least fav. as you mentioned. Appreciate it.

Alright, thanks guys.

Thanks Gary.

gary
09-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Sounds like Schoebel is still in the back of their minds...Has he retired yet?

rmartin65
09-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Great point. What position would you like to see us heavy in? Definaly running back. I don't see the point in being heavy in QB, unless we can get a good vet, but not likely. Saftey position we are very light at.

Yeah, runningback possibly. OL, DL. Positions that use rotations more than one or two players (usually). This is just puzzling to me.

Rey
09-03-2010, 06:07 PM
I would not mind trading OD for something.

As much as I like him and what he brings to the game, I think that we'd be fine (no pun intended) with what we have.

Plus if trading OD can make us stronger at a position like DT, DB, or interior OL, I'd do it in a heartbeat...

ChampionTexan
09-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Sounds like Schoebel is still in the back of their minds...

I really hope you're right!

Brandon420tx
09-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Even if we keep 5 TE's you have to figure 1 will be strictly Special Teams and another will likely be inactive.

JB
09-03-2010, 06:41 PM
At DT, we know Amobi and Cody. Pecking order otherwise?

Frank has made a lot of progress. Much better player. Earl has been everything we thought he was. Will be working with those 4. Antonio can always go inside. We'll play 8 man rotation on gameday.

This is the part I'm excited to hear! If they go to a true 8 man rotation, that means no more ridiculous snap counts for Mario & Amobi! That will lead to good things for that line! :fans:

Grforces
09-03-2010, 06:56 PM
I would not mind trading OD for something.

As much as I like him and what he brings to the game, I think that we'd be fine (no pun intended) with what we have.

Plus if trading OD can make us stronger at a position like DT, DB, or interior OL, I'd do it in a heartbeat...

Don't know if I would be that quick to trade OD. Just depends on the value we get and if we have to see him during the season. I would go for packaging a couple like dreeson and casey to spruce up our O-Line. epecially if we could get solid starter out of it.

Rey
09-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Don't know if I would be that quick to trade OD. Just depends on the value we get and if we have to see him during the season. I would go for packaging a couple like dreeson and casey to spruce up our O-Line. epecially if we could get solid starter out of it.

Acvcording to Kubiak a lot of teams have been calling about the TE's but he doesn't see them trading any of them.

But the only reason I mentioned trading OD is because it seems like he wants a really big contract...

Grforces
09-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Acvcording to Kubiak a lot of teams have been calling about the TE's but he doesn't see them trading any of them.

But the only reason I mentioned trading OD is because it seems like he wants a really big contract...

You make a point there. We have a top 5 tight end in my mind in Owen. But if he has injury issues so is always a question mark, how can we pay him top 5 money.
Since you put it that way, it makes more sence. I guess we will see what happens this season because I know the team wont want to give up on him yet, (I would'nt either) but if baby owen comes into his own, get something for OD while you can.

J_R
09-03-2010, 07:17 PM
The Texans plan to sign Henry and Booty to the eight-player practice squad that can be established on Sunday.

The Texans waived running back Jeremiah Johnson, their second-leading rusher in preseason who suffered a dislocated toe in Thursday’s 24-17 loss to Tampa Bay. They will reach an injury settlement with him and could bring him back to the practice squad.

Receiver Andre Davis (hip) was placed on injured reserve. Second-year tight end Anthony Hill, who is still recovering from major knee surgery, was placed on physically unable to perform. He can be activated after the sixth week of the season or placed on injured reserve. Also placed on waivers were fullback Jack Corcoran, tight end Derek Fine, linebacker Isaiah Greenhouse, center Brett Helms, offensive tackle Steve Maneri, cornerback Mark Parson, linebacker Will Patterson, offensive tackle Cole Pemberton, defensive tackle DelJuan Robinson, defensive tackle Malcolm Sheppard, offensive tackle Adam Stenovich, receiver Derrick Townsel, defensive tackle Mitch Unrein, center Chris White, receiver Bobby Williams and safety Torri Williams.

Some interesting things to me:

Johnson waived
TE Derek Fine waived(although not too surprising)
DT's Robinson, Sheppard waived
C White waived

rmartin65
09-03-2010, 07:21 PM

Some interesting cuts, but nothing really "WTF?!" going on there. Scratch that, the Johnson release is a surprise. I think he will be claimed.

gary
09-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Fine will have a job somewhere but why JJ.

CloakNNNdagger
09-03-2010, 07:25 PM

Some interesting things to me:

Johnson waived
TE Derek Fine waived(although not too surprising)
DT's Robinson, Sheppard waived
C White waived

Have to first waive before placing on PS.............the fate I believe for Johnson and Fine.

beerlover
09-03-2010, 07:27 PM

All he wanted is to be paid where he & his agent have him slotted against comparables around the league. Owen doesn't strike me as a greedy, selfish me first athlete.

J_R
09-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Let's see if I can put this together:

QB: Matt Schaub, Dan Orlovsky
RB: Arian Foster, Steve Slaton, Derrick Ward
FB: Vonta Leach
WR: Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter, Jacoby Jones, David Anderson, Dorin Dickerson
TE: Owen Daniels, James Casey, Joel Dreessen, Garrett Graham
T: Eric Winston, Duane Brown, Rashad Butler
G: Wade Smith, Mike Briesel, Shelley Smith, Antoine Caldwell, Kasey Studdard
C: Chris Myers

DE: Mario Williams, Antonio Smith, Connor Barwin, Jesse Nading, Tim Jamison
DT: Shaun Cody, Amobi Okoye, Earl Mitchell, Frank Okam
LB: (Brian Cushing-Roster exemption), Danny Clark, Xavier Adibi, Darryl Sharpton, Zac Diles, Kevin Bentley, DeMeco Ryans
CB: Kareem Jackson, Glover Quin, Brice McCain, Antwuan Molden, Sherrick McManis
S: Bernard Pollard, Dom. Barber, Troy Nolan, Eugene Wilson

K: Neil Rackers
P: Matt Turk
LS: Jon Weeks

Only 50 if I counted right.

Anthony Hill to PUP
Andre Davis to IR

rmartin65
09-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Let's see if I can put this together:

QB: Matt Schaub, Dan Orlovsky
RB: Arian Foster, Steve Slaton, Derrick Ward
FB: Vonta Leach
WR: Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter, Jacoby Jones, David Anderson, Dorin Dickerson
TE: Owen Daniels, James Casey, Joel Dreessen, Garrett Graham
T: Eric Winston, Duane Brown, Rashad Butler
G: Wade Smith, Mike Briesel, Shelley Smith, Antoine Caldwell, Kasey Studdard
C: Chris Myers

DE: Mario Williams, Antonio Smith, Connor Barwin, Jesse Nading, Tim Jamison
DT: Shaun Cody, Amobi Okoye, Earl Mitchell, Frank Okam
LB: (Brian Cushing-Roster exemption), Danny Clark, Xavier Adibi, Darryl Sharpton, Zac Diles, Kevin Bentley
CB: Kareem Jackson, Glover Quin, Brice McCain, Antwuan Molden, Sherrick McManis
S: Bernard Pollard, Dom. Barber, Troy Nolan, Eugene Wilson

K: Neil Rackers
P: Matt Turk
LS: Jon Weeks

Only 50 if I counted right.

Anthony Hill to PUP
Andre Davis to IR

Looks right to me. I guess they are looking to pick up a couple people from the waiver wire? Lot of young players got the axe, going to be interesting to see who gets the PS call, and to see who will be claimed by other teams.

J_R
09-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Oops, had forgotten 'Meco. Doh! :gun:Roster stands at 51

JB
09-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Oops, had forgotten 'Meco. Doh! :gun:Roster stands at 51

I didn't see where Polk has been cut.

J_R
09-03-2010, 07:53 PM
I didn't see where Polk has been cut.

You're right. Certainly could make the team though I dont think he will. Guess we'll have to wait and see the final verdict

JB
09-03-2010, 07:54 PM
You're right. Certainly could make the team though I dont think he will. Guess we'll have to wait and see the final verdict

Also there seems to be conflicting reports on Fine.

J_R
09-03-2010, 07:59 PM
I don't think he made it. Ahhh justfuggedaboutit

drs23
09-03-2010, 08:06 PM
So all draft choices made either the roster or IR (TD)? Correct?

Hagar
09-03-2010, 08:06 PM
I have a real problem with the "I can't ignore what he did in practice" BS. Why in the hell would you keep the QB you benched? Booty is no prize but at least he doesn't screw up like enzone boy.

The biggest problem I have with this organization is that it sticks with guys that don't produce way too long - David Carr, Kris Brown, Jacques Reeves, Travis Johnson, Morlon Greenwood, Amobi Okoye, Chris Myers etc.... And, its not like its one year of bad play, its year, after year, after year!

Hey coach, have you ever thought that our players look good in practice because many of our players stink. I'm sure Chris Myers does a hell of a job against our DT, because our DTs suck. When Myers goes against a decent DT, he gets thrown around like a rag doll.:foottap:

HouTxFan
09-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Rosenfels traded to NY Giants.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Minnesota-Vikings-trade-QB-Sage-Rosenfels-to-New-York-Giants-090310

drs23
09-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Rosenfels traded to NY Giants.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Minnesota-Vikings-trade-QB-Sage-Rosenfels-to-New-York-Giants-090310

Not a jab or anything like it, you're a new poster, but that's an NFL section thing and it's posted there.

HouTxFan
09-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Not a jab or anything like it, you're a new poster, but that's an NFL section thing and it's posted there.

Yes it is an NFL-thing, but I posted it here in response to posts on this thread about reacquiring Rosenfels.

EDIT: Forgot to quote the posts I was responding to...

If Sage cets cut, sign him, and cut Dano.

Not dumb... I would take a look.

b0ng
09-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Some interesting cuts, but nothing really "WTF?!" going on there. Scratch that, the Johnson release is a surprise. I think he will be claimed.

I feel the same is a possibility. I thought you couldn't release an injured player?

Thorn
09-03-2010, 09:00 PM
sounmds like a whole lot of bullshi't to me. I check back in tomrrow and see what it's actually really is.

In the meantime, itdoes seem to be Fr4iday. LOL

The Pencil Neck
09-03-2010, 09:00 PM
I feel the same is a possibility. I thought you couldn't release an injured player?

Sure, you can waive someone who's injured but this sounds like they tried to IR him and he didn't want to lose the whole season. So they reached a settlement. So now he's free to find another team and possibly play.

barrett
09-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Jeremiah Johnson is a risk to me. I'm wondering if the significance of his injury is more than we thought. Even if he's expect to be out 3 weeks or so, (speculation) then Foster, Ward, Slaton, and Johnson is a solid stable. Johnson is inactive on game day's until healthy in that scenario but he's also insurance down the road for Slaton and Ward. They are question marks in my mind. Perhaps the cut to practice squad approach is not as risky as it seems.

From what I've seen Johnson could make plenty of rosters in this league. Of course we haven't really seen him pass protect.

The good news to me is that White is gone. He looked terrible. Every player that has seemed unthinkable to make the roster is gone, most notably Bennett and White. (in the past that hasn't always been the case.) I am starting to make a case for why they are keeping Okam. Maybe I'm just rationalizing it. Then again, all the cuts aren't in.

We'll be breaking down the cuts over at the blog (http://www.texansbullblog.com/cut-updates/news/) too.

drs23
09-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Yes it is an NFL-thing, but I posted it here in response to posts on this thread about reacquiring Rosenfels.

EDIT: Forgot to quote the posts I was responding to...

Got ya, :tiphat:

b0ng
09-03-2010, 09:54 PM
TPN: Are you saying that he's gone and is currently looking for other teams, or that he's a P-squad candidate. I don't understand why they didn't PUP him if he's only out for a month.

dalemurphy
09-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Practice Squad prediction:

Booty
JJohnson
CHenry
B. Williams
Steve Maneri
Sheppard
Torri Williams
Mark Parsons

TexanBacker93
09-03-2010, 10:06 PM

That deserved rep. Nice.

TexanBacker93
09-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Practice Squad prediction:

Booty
JJohnson
CHenry
B. Williams
Steve Maneri
Sheppard
Torri Williams
Mark Parsons

I would think/hope Johnson makes the roster. They can't go with just 3 (including Ward who was signed today). I don't think Chris Henry has eligibility, but I haven't really checked the rules to be certain.

Edit - I didn't see the Chron article about releasing Johnson. That's too bad. They'll still need to find someone else I think. I don't like carrying only 3 when 1 of them is hurt and another hasn't even unpacked in his hotel.

TexanBacker93
09-03-2010, 10:13 PM
The biggest problem I have with this organization is that it sticks with guys that don't produce way too long - David Carr, Kris Brown, Jacques Reeves, Travis Johnson, Morlon Greenwood, Amobi Okoye, Chris Myers etc.... And, its not like its one year of bad play, its year, after year, after year!:

Kris Brown had a horrible year last year, but the previous 3 had been great. He made clutch kicks and we won some games because of him. The team made the change this year so I don't agree with that.

Carr threw for 3,500 yards in his 3rd season. While that isn't tremendous he had made strides each season and that was in a Dom Capers offense which is the equivalent of 4,000 in a pro offense. He had a horrible 4th season and with a new coach coming in that had success with QBs they wanted to give their investment a chance. In retrospect they should have made the move earlier, but I don't think any team in the same situation would have made that move.

The Pencil Neck
09-03-2010, 10:21 PM
TPN: Are you saying that he's gone and is currently looking for other teams, or that he's a P-squad candidate. I don't understand why they didn't PUP him if he's only out for a month.

Well, it's weird the way they wrote it up in the Chron:

The Texans waived running back Jeremiah Johnson, their second-leading rusher in preseason who suffered a dislocated toe in Thursday’s 24-17 loss to Tampa Bay. They will reach an injury settlement with him and could bring him back to the practice squad.

The fact that they "reached an injury settlement" sounds like they tried to IR him but he didn't want to go on IR, so they had to reach an injury settlement.

Now, that still allows him to go to the PS if no one else signs him. But it was just odd the way they wrote it.

The Pencil Neck
09-03-2010, 10:23 PM
I would think/hope Johnson makes the roster. They can't go with just 3 (including Ward who was signed today). I don't think Chris Henry has eligibility, but I haven't really checked the rules to be certain.

I'm pretty sure Chris Henry does have eligibility.

I think they're going to try to stuff Johnson on the PS until he's healthy and then bring him up.

I expect them to sign at least one more RB to serve as a stopgap until Jeremiah's ready.

It's kinda risky to do it this way. But it means they can get him back sooner than they could if they PUP'd him.

Rey
09-03-2010, 10:31 PM
All he wanted is to be paid where he & his agent have him slotted against comparables around the league. Owen doesn't strike me as a greedy, selfish me first athlete.

I don't know him so I have no clue if he is greedy or not...

I think I heard somewhere that he was offered a pretty nice contract but turned it down, so the team did what was within their rights and tendered him.

If Owen wants top TE money ala Kellen Winslow, I'd let him walk...

Honestly I'd seriously consider trading him even if he wants a big contract but not as big as Winslow's...

We have a good group of guys there that should be able to get it done. Maybe Kubes just wants to see how those guys perform in real action before he pulls the trigger on an Owen trade...I dunno...

Just makes some sense to trade him IMO with all things considered...Injury history, Young capable guys behind him, lots of TE's, weak at other positions, and of course getting him signed to a reasonable contract...

J_R
09-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Looks like Polk has been cut.

http://twitter.com/i_POLKaDOTs

eriadoc
09-03-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm not sure what went down with Jeremiah Johnson, but that sucks. I thought he was clearly the second-best RB we had, and honestly, ran with enough attitude that I was excited to see him get a chance behind Foster.

KMG 365
09-03-2010, 10:51 PM
It's kinda risky to do it this way. But it means they can get him back sooner than they could if they PUP'd him.

Johnson is not allowed to be placed on PUP since he wasn't on the Active/PUP list during training camp.

If a player fails his physical or has not recovered from a football related injury at the start of training camp, he can be placed on the Active/PUP list. That player is not allowed to practice with the team. He may attend meetings, film study, etc., but must work out on an individual basis away from the team. A player on Active/PUP counts against the 80-man training camp roster. A team may take the player off the Active/PUP list at anytime during training camp or preseason.

If the player that is on Active/PUP will not be ready for the beginning of the season, a team may put him on the Reserve/PUP list. In order for a player to be placed on Reserve/PUP he must have been on the Active/PUP list first. A player on the Reserve/PUP list does not count against the 53-man roster. A player on Reserve/PUP is required to miss six games. After the six games a team has three weeks for the player to start practicing with the team. Once the player begins practicing then the team has another three weeks to active him to the 53-man roster. If a team fails to place the player on the active roster or does not practice him after the three weeks, the player is automatically placed on IR. A team can also place the player on IR at anytime that he is on Reserve/PUP.

The Texans had two players on Active/PUP at the start of training camp. Owen Daniels was taken off Active/PUP and allowed to practice with the team last week. Anthony Hill was moved from the Active/PUP to the Reserve/PUP today.

CloakNNNdagger
09-03-2010, 11:02 PM

The fact that they "reached an injury settlement" sounds like they tried to IR him but he didn't want to go on IR, so they had to reach an injury settlement.

Now, that still allows him to go to the PS if no one else signs him. But it was just odd the way they wrote it.

I'm not so sure that it's that odd. If the Texans want him and will wait for his return, they would have to keep him on the roster for that time. If they wanted him this year, they couldn't IR him. If they reached a injury settlement and released him, it is unlikely at this point in the preseason with his history that he would not clear waivers. They could resign him either for the active roster or the PS when he is healed.

ChampionTexan
09-03-2010, 11:15 PM

First, think about this - What would your reaction be if the Texans signed a guy who was an UDFA coming out of college, spent his first season on IR, had never been active for a regular season game - much less played in one, was injured and unable to play at the time they signed him, they weren't sure how long he'd be out, and they had to release someone who was currently on their 53 man roster to bring him on board? Nobody's gonna claim Jeremiah Johnson off waivers.

Secondly, you can't waive an injured player unless you reach a settlement, so the fact that there was an injury settlement shouldn't really lead you to any conclusions about him not wanting to go on IR. It gives no clue either way (and for what it's worth, I'm not even sure if a player has any say so in the matter if the team wants to place him on IR).

Which brings me to my last point. There's been a couple of posts suggesting the Texans put JJ on the PUP list, or wondering why they didn't. The reason is simple - they couldn't. You can't put someone on the "reserve" PUP list unless they've previously been on the "active" PUP list. You can't go on the active PUP list after the start of training camp. The only two players the Texans put on the active PUP list were O.D. and Anthony Hill. O.D. was activated a few days ago, and Anthony Hill is now on the reserve PUP list - and therefore not taking up a roster spot.

My guess is the Texans figure JJ will be able to play soon enough that to putting him on IR is too drastic, and they simply can't afford to have a backup player taking up space on the 53 man roster who has zero chance of playing for an indefinite period of time. Getting him on the PS basically serves the same purpose as PUP would have if it were an option, except that he can practice with them (when healthy enough), and the 6 week period can be shorter, or can go the entire season.

JB
09-03-2010, 11:26 PM
First, think about this - What would your reaction be if the Texans signed a guy who was an UDFA coming out of college, spent his first season on IR, had never been active for a regular season game - much less played in one, was injured and unable to play at the time they signed him, they weren't sure how long he'd be out, and they had to release someone who was currently on their 53 man roster to bring him on board? Nobody's gonna claim Jeremiah Johnson off waivers.

Secondly, you can't waive an injured player unless you reach a settlement, so the fact that there was an injury settlement shouldn't really lead you to any conclusions about him not wanting to go on IR. It gives no clue either way (and for what it's worth, I'm not even sure if a player has any say so in the matter if the team wants to place him on IR).

Which brings me to my last point. There's been a couple of posts suggesting the Texans put JJ on the PUP list, or wondering why they didn't. The reason is simple - they couldn't. You can't put someone on the "reserve" PUP list unless they've previously been on the "active" PUP list. You can't go on the active PUP list after the start of training camp. The only two players the Texans put on the active PUP list were O.D. and Anthony Hill. O.D. was activated a few days ago, and Anthony Hill is now on the reserve PUP list - and therefore not taking up a roster spot.

My guess is the Texans figure JJ will be able to play soon enough that to putting him on IR is too drastic, and they simply can't afford to have a player taking up space on the 53 man roster who has zero chance of playing for an indefinite period of time. Getting him on the PS basically serves the same purpose as PUP would have if it were an option, except that he can practice with them (when healthy enough), and the 6 week period can be shorter, or can go the entire season.

Well said. Better than I could. JJ has a future if he can stay healthy. Has of yet to show that he can. He is safe for now, unless he just don't want to be here.

ArlingtonTexan
09-03-2010, 11:36 PM

My guess is the Texans figure JJ will be able to play soon enough that to putting him on IR is too drastic, and they simply can't afford to have a backup player taking up space on the 53 man roster who has zero chance of playing for an indefinite period of time. Getting him on the PS basically serves the same purpose as PUP would have if it were an option, except that he can practice with them (when healthy enough), and the 6 week period can be shorter, or can go the entire season.

Edit: Yes, basically, they paid him or guaranteed full hcontract (etc) with the hopes that he would not sign with another team, practice or regualr squad.

ChampionTexan
09-03-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm not so sure that it's that odd. If the Texans want him and will wait for his return, they would have to keep him on the roster for that time. If they wanted him this year, they couldn't IR him. If they reached a injury settlement and released him, it is unlikely at this point in the preseason with his history that he would not clear waivers. They could resign him either for the active roster or the PS when he is healed.

Actually, my guess is that they sign him to the PS immediately. In addition to attending meetings, staying engaged, and just absorbing the NFL environment, that would also keep him off someone else's practice squad.

While no NFL team's gonna put him on their 53 man roster, their practice squad could well be a different story.

b0ng
09-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Actually, my guess is that they sign him to the PS immediately. In addition to attending meetings, staying engaged, and just absorbing the NFL environment, that would also keep him off someone else's practice squad.

While no NFL team's gonna put him on their 53 man roster, their practice squad could well be a different story.

Thanks for the info regarding PUP, injury settlement and waiving above posters.

Now on to this one, if a team picks up a player on waivers they have to put him on the 53 right now right?

CloakNNNdagger
09-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the info regarding PUP, injury settlement and waiving above posters.

Now on to this one, if a team picks up a player on waivers they have to put him on the 53 right now right?

Players picked up on waivers are not restricted to the 53 man active (or inactive) roster.

You're thinking of a team picking a player off of another teams practice squad

DoCRoN
09-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Players picked up on waivers are not restricted to the 53 man active roster.

You're thinking of a team picking a player off of another teams practice squad

So wait, you're saying that a player waived (JJ in this case) can be picked up by another team and put directly on their PS?

CloakNNNdagger
09-04-2010, 10:35 AM
So wait, you're saying that a player waived (JJ in this case) can be picked up by another team and put directly on their PS?

Yes, just like if we pick him up on waivers, he will likely be placed on the PS until healthy enough to play.

b0ng
09-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Yes, just like if we pick him up on waivers, he will likely be placed on the PS until healthy enough to play.

After a few weeks of play could we poach him off that team's p-squad and sign him to our 53 if we have a spot allowed? (P-squad guys are not protected throughout the season, correct?)

CloakNNNdagger
09-04-2010, 10:52 AM
After a few weeks of play could we poach him off that team's p-squad and sign him to our 53 if we have a spot allowed? (P-squad guys are not protected throughout the season, correct?)

Practice Squad players are free to negotiate a contract to become active with any team, including their own.

ChampionTexan
09-04-2010, 10:59 AM

I realize this is only semantics, but a player can't be picked up "off of waivers" and placed on any team's practice squad (including the team that waived him). A player must clear waivers - at which time he becomes a street free agent. When and if he does, he can then be signed to any team's practice squad. Also, a team picking up a player "off of waivers" must honor the contract that existed at the time he was waived. If the waiver period expires, they are free to negotiate any contract both sides are willing to accept.

I'm not sure exactly how long the waiver period is, but if the player is picked up before it has expired (That is, picked up off the waiver wire), then they must be added to the teams 53 man roster.

Back to Jeremiah Johnson specifically - my guess is that as a part of the injury settlement accompanying his release, there was an agreement that he wouldn't sign for any other team's practice squad. Don't know if that could be an above board agreement, or had to be an under the table type thing (in which case the Texans would be relying on JJ's word), but I'm thinking there was an understanding in place when he was waived.

CloakNNNdagger
09-04-2010, 11:09 AM
I realize this is only semantics, but a player can't be picked up "off of waivers" and placed on any team's practice squad (including the team that waived him). A player must clear waivers - at which time he becomes a street free agent. When and if he does, he can then be signed to any team's practice squad. Also, a team picking up a player "off of waivers" must honor the contract that existed at the time he was waived. If the waiver period expires, they are free to negotiate any contract both sides are willing to accept.

I'm not sure exactly how long the waiver period is, but if the player is picked up before it has expired (That is, picked up off the waiver wire), then they must be added to the teams 53 man roster.

Back to Jeremiah Johnson specifically - my guess is that as a part of the injury settlement accompanying his release, there was an agreement that he wouldn't sign for any other team's practice squad. Don't know if that could be an above board agreement, or had to be an under the table type thing (in which case the Texans would be relying on JJ's word), but I'm thinking there was an understanding in place when he was waived.

In the case of an injury settlement, it is my understanding that it is signed in exchange for voiding of the original contract. Therefore, there is no existing contract.

ChampionTexan
09-04-2010, 11:22 AM
In the case of an injury settlement, it is my understanding that it is signed in exchange for voiding of the original contract. Therefore, there is no existing contract.

Well I don't know if this is apples to apples or not, but waiving a healthy player (a situation with no injury settlement) voids the remaining contract as far as the team waiving him goes (assuming no future guaranteed money), but it doesn't void the contract if another NFL team picks him up off the waiver wire.

CloakNNNdagger
09-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Well I don't know if this is apples to apples or not, but waiving a healthy player (a situation with no injury settlement) voids the remaining contract as far as the team waiving him goes (assuming no future guaranteed money), but it doesn't void the contract if another NFL team picks him up off the waiver wire.

Understood. I specifically, though, meant to refer to JJ's situation.

Wolf
09-04-2010, 11:31 AM
so in a nutshell

The Houston Texans waived PK Kris Brown, RB Chris J. Henry, CB Jacques Reeves, QB John David Booty, FB Jack Corcoran, TE Derek Fine, LB Isaiah Greenhouse, C Brett Helms, OT Steve Maneri, CB Mark Parson, LB Will Patterson, OT Cole Pemberton, OT Deljuan Robinson, DT Malcolm Sheppard, OT Adam Stenavich, WR Derrick Townsel, DT Mitch Unrein, C Chris L. White, WR Bobby X. Williams and S Torri Williams, reports John McClain, of The Houston Chronicle.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/18/nfl#ixzz0yZx5kjTI

http://www.kffl.com/team/18/nfl

Texans | Andre' Davis out for the year

Fri, 03 Sep 2010 20:15:14 -0400

The Houston Texans placed WR Andre' Davis (hip) on season-ending Injured Reserve, reports John McClain, of The Houston Chronicle.

Texans | Anthony Hill on PUP

Fri, 03 Sep 2010 20:13:38 -0400

The Houston Texans placed TE Anthony Hill (knee) on the physically unable to perform list, reports John McClain, of The Houston Chronicle. Hill will miss at least the first six games of the season.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/18/nfl#ixzz0yZxIkURr

the Texans would like to sign Jeramiah Johnson and Steve Maneri to their practice squad

and they signed Ward

Kaiser Toro
09-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Here is a pretty good outline of the Waivers process, from Arrowhead Pride

What's the waiver wire you ask? It's the way that the NFL manages released players who have four or less accrued seasons in the league.

Once players are cut by a team, they are eligible to be signed first by the team with the worst record in the previous season (in this case the Lions), then the second worst and so on until you get to the best NFL team. So if a player is cut and the Lions don't put a waiver out on him, he's eligible to be signed by the Rams and then the Chiefs and so on. Of course, the team that signs him can't go over the 53-man roster limit so they may have to make cuts as well to make room.

If a waived player is picked up by a team and then released again, he goes through the waiver wire process all over again.

Only players with four or fewer accrued NFL seasons enter the waiver wire. Here is the definition of an accrued season: 6 or more regular-season games in one season in which a player is on the 53-man protected roster, IR list or PUP list.

Players who have completed more than four accrued seasons automatically become free agents if they are let go at this point in the season.

This waiver wire order is reset on September 28th to reflect the current worst win/loss records in the league.

So expect some player movement by the Kansas City Chief after the cuts this weekend. We'll see guys who seemingly "make the squad" get released only days later.

Keep in mind that in addition to the 53-man roster which we'll find out about today, the Chiefs have 8 spots on their practice squad that they can assign by noon tomorrow. Here's more info on which players are eligible for that:

The practice squad shall consist of the following players, provided that they have not served more than two previous seasons on a Practice Squad: (i) players who do not have an Accrued Season of NFL experience; and (ii) free agent players who were on the Active List for fewer than nine regular season games during their only Accrued Season(s).

How Does the NFL Waiver Wire System Work? (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/9/5/1016903/how-does-the-nfl-waiver-wire)

IDEXAN
09-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Near as I can tell, so far rookie guard Shelly Smith hasn't been cut ?

Kaiser Toro
09-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Also from Arrowhead Pride on Practice Sqaud

NFL Practice Squad Eligibility

Once September 4th passes, NFL teams will have the the option of placing 8 players on a practice only team. These players do not count towards the 53-man roster and are generally made up of college free agents and other borderline NFL players.

Since 2004, the NFL has had an international player practice squad spot for rotating teams. It allowed one non-US or non-Canadian born player to take up a ninth practice squad spot. They didn't do it last year and we're unsure if it's happening again this year.

To makes things easier to explain, players who are eligible for the practice squad:

* Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster);
* Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than 8 games; and,
* Have been on the practice squad with a particular team no more than 2 prior seasons unless the team never had their active roster go below 53 players during the two years the player served on the practice squad. If that is the case, the player is eligible for a third practice squad season.

This is where it gets a bit confusing. A player with an accrued NFL season (6 or more games) isn't eligible for the practice squad but a player who played in fewer than 9 games is still eligible? Yeah, it's a bit confusing.

NFL Practice Squad Minimum Salary

This is pretty straightforward. NFL practice squad players are paid $5,200 a week minimum but teams may choose to pay them more if they'd like. This doesn't usually happen. The players will also get small signing bonuses, usually in the area of a couple thousand bucks.

NFL Practice Squad Rules

There are some important things to know about practice squad players during the NFL regular season so I'm just going to list them:

* Practice squad players are always free agents, meaning any NFL team can sign them away from another team. The catch with this? A team can't sign a player one week before they play that team and the team that signs a practice squad player must count that player against their 53-man active roster for at least three weeks, bye weeks included. This is even if the player is released after one week - they still count as a spot on the roster.
* Players that are promoted internally from the practice squad to the active roster must remain there for three weeks and get paid the minimum salary for their status (rookie or veteran). If they are let go for some reason before the three weeks are up, they are still paid for those three full weeks.

NFL Practice Squad Explained: Rules, Salary And Player Eligibility (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/8/24/1648313/nfl-practice-squad-explained-rules)

gary
09-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Near as I can tell, so far rookie guard Shelly Smith hasn't been cut ?
Correct.

b0ng
09-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Let the practice squad debate BEGIN.

kiwitexansfan
09-04-2010, 03:46 PM
I guess Robinson is the biggest surprise from those cuts.

White also is a little bit of a surprise.

Rey
09-04-2010, 03:52 PM
I'd like to see these guys on the PS:

QB John David Booty
FB Jack Corcoran
TE Derek Fine
CB Mark Parson
DT Malcolm Sheppard
WR Bobby X. Williams
S Torri Williams
LB Isiah Greenhouse

The Pencil Neck
09-04-2010, 03:54 PM
I'd like to see these guys on the PS:

QB John David Booty
FB Jack Corcoran
TE Derek Fine
CB Mark Parson
DT Malcolm Sheppard
WR Bobby X. Williams
S Torri Williams
LB Isiah Greenhouse

I'd be happy with most of that but I expect to see Manieri or Pemberton on there. And we HAVE to put Jeremiah Johnson on there.

Rey
09-04-2010, 04:14 PM
I'd be happy with most of that but I expect to see Manieri or Pemberton on there. And we HAVE to put Jeremiah Johnson on there.

Yeah you are right...

I really like the Cochran kid though...

I haven't seen a lot from Greenhouse but I know a lot of posters like him...I dunno...

rmartin65
09-04-2010, 04:20 PM
What I would like to see (no particular order):

RB Jeremiah Johnson
QB John David Booty
LB Isaiah Greenhouse
DT Malcolm Sheppard
OT Steve Maneri
CB Mark Parson
OT Cole Pemberton
WR Bobby Williams

Maddict5
09-04-2010, 04:43 PM
I guess Robinson is the biggest surprise from those cuts.

White also is a little bit of a surprise.

agreed. i thought deljuan did enough to make it. i wasnt really watching okam but i didnt really notice that big of an improvement that kubiak mentioned. he did get decent pressure on one play last night i guess

The Pencil Neck
09-04-2010, 04:48 PM
agreed. i thought deljuan did enough to make it. i wasnt really watching okam but i didnt really notice that big of an improvement that kubiak mentioned. he did get decent pressure on one play last night i guess

Okam has been a lot more active this preseason, I think. He was absorbing some blockers and chasing after plays pretty well. I think he looks much better than he did last year.

Rey
09-04-2010, 05:01 PM

To me, Okam looks unblockable by one lineman...

I saw him rag doll the Center he was going against a couple of times...

As a matter of fact I think I'm gonna re-watch this game right now...

Jackie Chiles
09-04-2010, 06:35 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7186997.html

Interesting we cut down to 51. Got a couple spots left so throw out some names that you have seen cut from other rosters.

For me, DT Jay Alford from the Giants and CB Chevis Jackson from Atlanta could be possibilities. Also from the Giants, RB Andre Brown. As others have mentioned, RB Joque Bell from Buffalo could be an option. The Cardinals released LB Cody Brown who was a 2nd rounder in 09. Might take a flyer on him and see if he can rush from an end position like he did in college. Not sure how I feel about Leinart or any of the other possibilities at QB but I'm certainly not sold on Dan O either.

ObsiWan
09-04-2010, 09:51 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7186997.html

Interesting we cut down to 51. Got a couple spots left so throw out some names that you have seen cut from other rosters.

For me, DT Jay Alford from the Giants and CB Chevis Jackson from Atlanta could be possibilities. Also from the Giants, RB Andre Brown. As others have mentioned, RB Joque Bell from Buffalo could be an option. The Cardinals released LB Cody Brown who was a 2nd rounder in 09. Might take a flyer on him and see if he can rush from an end position like he did in college. Not sure how I feel about Leinart or any of the other possibilities at QB but I'm certainly not sold on Dan O either.

Been waiting for someone to bring this name up...
His party-boy rep has cost him big time. Maybe this is his wake up call ...like the one VY got a while back.
Thoughts?

CloakNNNdagger
09-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Been waiting for someone to bring this name up...
His party-boy rep has cost him big time. Maybe this is his wake up call ...like the one VY got a while back.
Thoughts?

As I pointed out before, we don't want no friggin' Lefty!........with a bedroom competing with the weight room.

Wolf
09-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Biggest surprises: At times, the Texans touted running backs Jeremiah Johnson and Chris Henry. But they are both gone now, Johnson likely due at least in part to a toe injury. Veteran Derrick Ward gets the last running back spot, and the Texans will move forward with Arian Foster, Steve Slaton and Ward as they look for a big jump from their running game. Another player that got some early hype from Gary Kubiak, defensive tackle Malcolm Sheppard, didn’t stick.

No-brainers: Considering quality and draft status ahead of them, low-ranking depth chart guys were easy choices for the waiver wire: Receivers Bobby Williams and Derrick Townsel, offensive tackles Steve Maneri, Brett Helms and Cole Pemberton, defensive tackle Mitch Unrein, linebacker Will Patterson and cornerback Mark Parson. Perhaps we will see a few of them who did OK resurface on the practice squad.

What’s next: With the running back issue resolved, the Texans might not have too much waiver-wire surfing to do. They could upgrade over Jesse Nading at their final end spot. While they are quite young with their five cornerbacks, they seemed committed to them all, at least right now. While they put Kris Brown and Andre Davis on IR and Anthony Hill on PUP, they did not announce Brian Cushing is on the suspended-reserve list. So they might still be in line to gain one roster spot.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/14683/houston-texans-cutdown-analysis

CloakNNNdagger
09-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Here are some facts that for the past 24 hours I have been seeking high and low. They don't seem to be formally addressed in the CBA (unless I'm missing something). The one I was looking for, in particular, was how long is the process given from the time of declaration of waiver to the completion of the process.

Re: NFL Waiver System. (http://trainathought.insidefootball.com/2009/10/hixon-hedgecock-waive-off-bruised-feelings-.html)

According to the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), the waiver system is a procedure by which player contracts or “NFL rights” to players are made available by a club to other clubs in the League.

When a player is placed on waiver, the team holding the rights offers the contract to any of the 31 clubs, who either put in a claim for the contract or pass, or “waive” their right to the player’s services. The selection process during the season is based on the inverse of won-and-lost standing of that week, similar to the formula used to determine the NFL draft order. [As per KAISER TORO's post: This waiver wire order is reset on September 28th to reflect the current worst win/loss records in the league.]

Between July 4 and the conclusion of the regular season, the waiver system takes 24 hours to complete, whereas in the off-season, it’s 72 hours.

If all 31 teams pass on a player’s rights, his contract is officially terminated, and he becomes an unrestricted free agent regardless of the number of accrued seasons he has. However, if he’s picked up by a new team, his original contract details carries over to the team acquiring his rights; the exception being the signing bonus, which is the responsibility of the team that originally held the player’s rights.

All waivers are no recall and no withdrawal, meaning a team cannot change its mind once it makes its decision.

Further, if a team claims a player off waivers, the team releasing his rights is not entitled to any form of compensation, as is the case in free agency when a restricted free agent is signed to an offer sheet.

We ought to be getting answers on our questions of players like Joique Bell very soon.

J_R
09-05-2010, 12:11 PM
General manager Rick Smith, coach Gary Kubiak, pro personnel director Brian Gardner and assistant pro personnel director Bobby Grier are meeting with the coaches and personnel department today to determine what players the Texans want to pursue.

They're going to evaluate quarterbacks, including Matt Leinart, linebackers, running backs, cornerbacks — any player they believe could help their team.

Waiver claims were placed Saturday. They find out who clears waivers and who's available to sign as free agents today.

The Texans have 51 players on what will be a 53-man roster. Expect them to make more than two changes to their roster this week.

If the Texans determine they're interested in a player like Leinart, they'll go after him. So will quite a few teams if we can believe what we're reading on the Internet.

Everybody figures Leinart will be reunited with Pete Carroll at Seattle. The Seahawks cut J.P. Losman. Charlie Whitehurst, their backup to Matt
Hasselbeck, didn't play well in preseason.

But CBSsports.com reports that Seattle isn't interested in Leinart.

I expect the Texans to check out Leinart and any quarterback they think might be able to help them.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2010/09/expect_the_texans_to_check_out.html

CloakNNNdagger
09-05-2010, 12:13 PM
PFT reports regarding Texans interest in Leinart:

Meanwhile, and as Peter King reported on Saturday during our Notre Dame halftime segment, the Texans are interested. (We've confirmed that this is indeed the case.)

We've got enough problems to deal with, without bringing in a lefty backup with a chronic woody.

The Pencil Neck
09-05-2010, 12:20 PM
I do not want Leinart.

J_R
09-05-2010, 12:53 PM
T Steve Maneri claimed by Patriots

Jackie Chiles
09-05-2010, 12:54 PM

Thats too bad, I bet he was headed to our PS for sure.

ChampionTexan
09-05-2010, 01:03 PM

You got a link?

J_R
09-05-2010, 01:03 PM
You got a link?

http://twitter.com/ed_waz/status/23077150483

HJam72
09-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Why did we keep Orlovsky and cut Booty?

The Pencil Neck
09-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Why did we keep Orlovsky and cut Booty?

Because Kubiak figures no one will pick up Booty. We can stuff him onto the practice squad and continue working with him. That way, we effectively "keep" both guys.

If we cut Orlovsky, we don't have that option. We'd just have Booty.

HJam72
09-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Because Kubiak figures no one will pick up Booty. We can stuff him onto the practice squad and continue working with him. That way, we effectively "keep" both guys.

Got it. It's like a mistress thing. :)

Austrian
09-05-2010, 02:26 PM

That sucks. I was really high on him coming out of college and he didn't disappoint in preseason. :rake:

TexanExile
09-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Re: Peter King's comments about Leinart coming to Houston: King's a powerful media figure in the NFL, but in 2010 when he's not outright ignoring the Texans he's been far from flattering. I'd question anything he says about this team because I wonder how many are even interested in talking to him at this point.

His full tweet was: "Re my Leinart-to-Seattle bet: Let me add Houston to that. Give me Houston and Seattle, and you have the field."

Utter speculation.

Corrosion
09-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Re: Peter King's comments about Leinart coming to Houston: King's a powerful media figure in the NFL, but in 2010 when he's not outright ignoring the Texans he's been far from flattering. I'd question anything he says about this team because I wonder how many are even interested in talking to him at this point.

His full tweet was: "Re my Leinart-to-Seattle bet: Let me add Houston to that. Give me Houston and Seattle, and you have the field."

Utter speculation.

Maybe its speculation .... But if he watched Orlavsky against the Buc's .... Hell , anyone who watched the Buc's game would speculate that the Texans were in the market for a QB.

I believe that Rhett Bomar was also released ..... anyone think he's worth taking a look at ?

J_R
09-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Danny Clark cut.

RavensInsider (http://twitter.com/RavensInsider)

Texans cut LB Danny Clark, claim CB Jamar Wall and LB David Nixon

Maddict5
09-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Maybe its speculation .... But if he watched Orlavsky against the Buc's .... Hell , anyone who watched the Buc's game would speculate that the Texans were in the market for a QB.

I believe that Rhett Bomar was also released ..... anyone think he's worth taking a look at ?

hes been signed to the giants PS

The Pencil Neck
09-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Danny Clark cut.

RavensInsider (http://twitter.com/RavensInsider)

Texans cut LB Danny Clark, claim CB Jamar Wall and LB David Nixon

So we're back to 1 open spot?

Or have we not used Cush's exemption?

J_R
09-05-2010, 04:53 PM
So we're back to 1 open spot?

Or have we not used Cush's exemption?

Believe we're back to 1 open spot.

rmartin65
09-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Interesting couple of moves. Bummer about Maneri, he looked like he could turn into a pretty good LT with a season or two to pack on weight.

Jamar Wall is an interesting player. Liked him before the draft, I remember beerlover, badboy and I discussing him before going in another direction.

I dont know anything about Nixon, but I have a hard time believing that he is better than Isaiah Greenhouse, especially considering special teams value.

76Texan
09-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Interesting couple of moves. Bummer about Maneri, he looked like he could turn into a pretty good LT with a season or two to pack on weight.

Jamar Wall is an interesting player. Liked him before the draft, I remember beerlover, badboy and I discussing him before going in another direction.

I dont know anything about Nixon, but I have a hard time believing that he is better than Isaiah Greenhouse, especially considering special teams value.

Nixon has a great burst when he played for BYU at around 223 lbs.
I read that he's up to 240-242 lbs now.
I think he can be a good special team player, maybe!?!

GP
09-05-2010, 05:24 PM
PFT reports regarding Texans interest in Leinart:

We've got enough problems to deal with, without bringing in a lefty backup with a chronic woody.

Leinart is like if David Carr and David Hasselhoff had a child together.

rmartin65
09-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Nixon has a great burst when he played for BYU at around 223 lbs.
I read that he's up to 240-242 lbs now.
I think he can be a good special team player, maybe!?!

I hope so. Nixon was never really on my radar, but that happens. In my opinion, the backup linebackers need to be good special teams guys. If Nixon cant do that, then he is useless.

Greenhouse is incredible at special teams. Seriously, the dude was a monster in college, and always around the action in the 2 preseason games I watched. Granted, he does not offer much in terms of actually playing linebacker, but as a 3rd string he would not see the field much there.

Still, I trust the coaching staff. Lets see how this turns out.

What is your opinion on Nixon over Greenhouse, while we are talking about it?

76Texan
09-05-2010, 05:38 PM
I hope so. Nixon was never really on my radar, but that happens. In my opinion, the backup linebackers need to be good special teams guys. If Nixon cant do that, then he is useless.

Greenhouse is incredible at special teams. Seriously, the dude was a monster in college, and always around the action in the 2 preseason games I watched. Granted, he does not offer much in terms of actually playing linebacker, but as a 3rd string he would not see the field much there.

Still, I trust the coaching staff. Lets see how this turns out.

What is your opinion on Nixon over Greenhouse, while we are talking about it?

I didn't follow Greenhouse prior to this year.
All I know is he showed some flashes in PS.

Nixon played well in the low 220s', but I don't know how much his speed is affected by the additional weight. He was a tweener oout of college. I liked him as a college player, but I was really hesitated about his translation to the pros.

This video claimed that he was at 230 in college (I think they just add some for "show").
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRhZCByOJYw

Maybe they can get him back to the low 220 and convert him to safety?
Honestly, I don't know!

rmartin65
09-05-2010, 05:41 PM

Nixon played well in the low 220s', but I don't know how much his speed is affected by the additional weight. He was a tweener oout of college. I liked him as a college player, but I was really hesitated about his translation to the pros.

This video claimed that he was at 230 in college (I think they just add some for "show").

Honestly, I don't know!

Seems very athletic and quick. But very much like a tweener, and I worry that his speed wont be there twenty pounds heavier.

newtexan
09-05-2010, 05:54 PM
I don't know much about Nixon, but Greenhouse needs at least a yr. on the PS, he will turn out to be a great keeper, coming out of Northwestern ST. he was not a full time starter,hasn't played much and considered a bit raw/stiff , i'm sure being invited to the practice squad will give him time to develop into a good -solid LB.

BigBull17
09-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Dixon looks like a future WLB. He is quick to the ball and gets to top speed very quick. Like em.

newtexan
09-05-2010, 06:06 PM
I agree, Dixon seems very quick, how it translate to NFL speed remains to be seen, our LB situation opened this door for nixon, we have superior athletes on our PS, they just happen to play other positions.

painekiller
09-05-2010, 06:17 PM

Honestly, I don't know!

I think Greenhouse looked solid and expect him to be on the practice squad.

As for QB I want to throw in the name Patrick Ramsey, he was a backup in Denver a few years ago and he is a vet who should be a solid backup.

newtexan
09-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Greenhouse made the PC.

ObsiWan
09-05-2010, 07:39 PM

So far it looks like Kubiak has given up the Booty

76Texan
09-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Dixon looks like a future WLB. He is quick to the ball and gets to top speed very quick. Like em.

Maybe he can become a "Troy Evans" on special team for us?

Yeah, I really like Greenhouse, too!
Our LB corp is rock solid. I cross my finger in hope that we can get by without Cushing for a few games. We just have to!

Gawd.... I want to beat the Colts so badly!