PDA

View Full Version : Chis Henry waived!?

76Texan
09-03-2010, 11:56 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

The Texans have reportedly informed RB Chris Henry that he will be waived.

It's a pretty damning statement about Henry's NFL career considering the Texans don't have another healthy back behind Arian Foster. Jeremiah Johnson (toe) will end up making the team, and free agent Derrick Ward could be signed to provide insurance in Week 1.
Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter

Rey
09-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Good news.

badboy
09-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Expected, what a joke he is. Great physique and great in practice but WHO? on the game field.

barrett
09-03-2010, 12:11 PM
This reinforces to me that the Texans continue to get it now. Injuries or not, Henry wasn't a good enough football player to make this team. Tim Jamison had better make the team over Jesse Nading as well.

Yankee_In_TX
09-03-2010, 12:15 PM
You can't run with your head down and expect to play in the NFL.

The Pencil Neck
09-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Not a huge surprise but a gutsy move. We've got 1 RB now.

Wolf6151
09-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Glad to see him go. I also think this cut and Kris Brown sends a message to others on the team, underperform and you will be cut. No more excuses, it's put up or shut up time.

Thorn
09-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Henry is worthless, that's for sure. But I'm not sure I'd cut him until I got someone else in here. Now we got one RB that's practiced at the position. I guess they plan on signing some free agents this weekend.

The Pencil Neck
09-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Henry is worthless, that's for sure. But I'm not sure I'd cut him until I got someone else in here. Now we got one RB that's practiced at the position. I guess they plan on signing some free agents this weekend.

We are going to be on the waiver wire like white on rice.

El Tejano
09-03-2010, 12:23 PM
So I'm wondering if this means Jeremiah Johnson's injury aint that bad after all. Maybe he popped his dislocated toe back in like he does his shoulder.

Thorn
09-03-2010, 12:24 PM
We are going to be on the waiver wire like white on rice.

It will be interesting to see who they sign. I wish we had more news on the conditions of Slaton and J. Johnson now.

Rey
09-03-2010, 12:27 PM
It will be interesting to see who they sign. I wish we had more news on the conditions of Slaton and J. Johnson now.

In the interview after the game Kubiak said that he hoped to have Slaton back for gm 1, and he said Jeremiah had a dislocated toe and was "going to miss some time".

Thorn
09-03-2010, 12:31 PM
In the interview after the game Kubiak said that he hoped to have Slaton back for gm 1, and he said Jeremiah had a dislocated toe and was "going to miss some time".

I guess for Indy we'll have Foster, Slaton and Joe Schmo who we pick up this weekend. We also have a few of players that have some college experience in taking hand offs. I think we should be OK with that as long as we don't have any more damn injuries.

whiskeyrbl
09-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Cannot say I did not see this coming.

Rey
09-03-2010, 12:35 PM

I guess for Indy we'll have Foster, Slaton and Joe Schmo who we pick up this weekend. We also have a few of players that have some college experience in taking hand offs. I think we should be OK with that as long as we don't have any more damn injuries.

Here's the exact quote:

Toe problems: Running back Jeremiah Johnson, who got his first start on Thursday, left the game in the second quarter with a dislocated toe.

Starter Arian Foster (rest) and backup Steve Slaton (toe injury) did not play against the Bucs, leaving Chris Henry as the lone running back standing after Johnson's injury. Henry finished with 51 rushing yards on 16 attempts.

Johnson had averaged 5.4 yards per carry in the first three preseason games, moving up to third on the depth chart behind Foster and Slaton.

"We've got issues," Texans coach Gary Kubiak said. "Steve is out, we're hoping he's ready to go against Indianapolis. Jeremiah looks like he's going to miss some time. Chris, I'll have to go back and see how he played. I've got one healthy running back right now, two counting Chris, on this football team. We'll see where we're at. It's going to be day to day.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=6324

IDEXAN
09-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Not a huge surprise but a gutsy move. We've got 1 RB now.
After cutting Henry, only one healthy one, that's for sure. But once again it
reminds one of the old cliche, "running backs are a dime a dozen", and I'm sure that's why Kubiaks not that concerned. Now finding a competant reserve QB, well that's an entirerly different matter.

Brisco_County
09-03-2010, 01:03 PM
There are a lot of guys on the wire right now, so we're not in panic mode yet-- just close to it.

I'd be surprised if we didn't bring in Fargas for a workout.

HOU-TEX
09-03-2010, 01:09 PM

Yeah, to me, it basically says they could bring in a HOU-TEX type RB and be better off than with Henry. In other words, Henry stunk and they knew he'd be easily replaced.

Houston_Fanatic
09-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Someone posted at the end of last season that anyone on the team named C/Kris had to go. They got their wish - Chris Brown, Kris Brown and Chris Henry all gone now. :cowboy1:

rmartin65
09-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Not really surprised. This practically guarantees that someone is going to be picked up off of waivers or the street.

ChampionTexan
09-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Someone posted at the end of last season that anyone on the team named C/Kris had to go. They got their wish - Chris Brown, Kris Brown and Chris Henry all gone now. :cowboy1:

We still have Chris Myers!

JB
09-03-2010, 01:42 PM
We still have Chris Myers!

And Chris White...as of now.

Hardcore Texan
09-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Our RB situation can best be summarized as :panic:

JB
09-03-2010, 01:57 PM
RB Ladell Betts got cut in New Orleans.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

brakos82
09-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Our RB situation can best be summarized as :panic:

Well, it's better than Vista.

The Pencil Neck
09-03-2010, 03:09 PM
http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

I just saw that on PFT.

And J.J. Arrington cut as well (per PFT).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/03/jj-arrington-among-ten-eagles-cuts/

Grforces
09-03-2010, 03:30 PM
exuse me for my ignorance about any other team not called the Texans, but would J.J. Arrington be a good back for out system?

The Pencil Neck
09-03-2010, 03:42 PM
exuse me for my ignorance about any other team not called the Texans, but would J.J. Arrington be a good back for out system?

His health is really the question. He had microfracture surgery last year.

TimeKiller
09-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Ouch. The guy looks like the friggin hulk and he's pretty fast in a straight line, then it comes to making a lateral move and he's about as slow as Ron Dayne. I really thought his special teams would be worth the roster spot, given he's an obvious backup RB. Fargas interests me, Ward not so much. Ryan Moats anyone? Wouldn't surprise me. I hope Rick Smith is looking over the PS squad guys, see if a loaded team is trying to sneak a young player through. Hell, see if Dorin Dickerson wants a few carries, I bet he would be awesome as a RB! I hope they give him a real chance, I know there's a lot of guys that want the ball.