PDA

View Full Version : Which win would you prefer?

GuerillaBlack
09-02-2010, 12:17 AM
Okay, I was discussing with some Cowboy fans at "Cowboys Zone" forum, and they all seem to believe that Texans fans will be okay with an 8-8 season, as long as we beat the Cowboys. In fact, poster numnuts23 claims to have called ten friends and he says this:

Ok, well just called 10 friends yesterday and today, who I know are huge Texan fans. 8 out of 10 agree that if they beat Dallas, an 8-8 season is alright. Heck, one even went as far to say if Dallas goes 10-6 and doesn't make the playoffs, then he'll take a 5-11 season...because at least they'll have a good draft pick.

Just saying.... Texan fans have some infatuation with beating Dallas or having Dallas lose, I guess it would be a jealousy of success??

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190822&page=4

My question is, would you guys rather beat the Colts in Week One or beat the Cowboys in Week 3 (if we had a choice of who our team will beat).

brakos82
09-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Colts by a mile. The cowboys are kind of a fun in-state rivalry, while Indy's game counts for everything when it comes to playoffs.

Jackie Chiles
09-02-2010, 12:50 AM
I'll save you some time:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74419

Hervoyel
09-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Which win would I prefer?

Yes.

Texansfan36
09-02-2010, 01:26 AM
Gotta go with the Colts. Yea a win over Dallas would be nice, if only to shut up their fans for a bit, but beating the colts puts us on the road to the division title and a playoff spot, which is 100 times more important than just one win.

Big Lou
09-02-2010, 01:39 AM
Okay, I was discussing with some Cowboy fans at "Cowboys Zone" forum, and they all seem to believe that Texans fans will be okay with an 8-8 season, as long as we beat the Cowboys. In fact, poster numnuts23 claims to have called ten friends and he says this:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190822&page=4

My question is, would you guys rather beat the Colts in Week One or beat the Cowboys in Week 3 (if we had a choice of who our team will beat).

If the Cowboys Fan was telling the truth those are the stupidest fans I've ever heard of.

We need to beat the Colts more that the Cowgirls. Also we get two shots at the Colts, so I'll take two wins over the Colts, compared to one win over the Cowgirls.

Big Lou
09-02-2010, 01:41 AM
Which win would I prefer?

Yes.

Is this Peggy?

Yes.....

I see a $35 charge for annual fees?

Yes......

Are you asking, or telling me yes?

Yes........

brakos82
09-02-2010, 06:33 AM
Is this Peggy?

Yes.....

Yes......

Yes........

Good one. :ahhaha:

imatexan
09-02-2010, 06:54 AM
Cowboys..we don't play as often and will shut the cowboy fans up for a few years!

I am greedy and want both!

Señor Stan
09-02-2010, 07:21 AM
I think the desire to beat the Cowboys more than other teams comes not from the team's overall success, but from the general dou¢hebaggery of the fan base. Strategically the Colts win is a no brainer. Emotionally dealing with Cowboyfan if the Texans lose to Dallas is another story.

Still, I chose the Colts because the goal of the playoffs is better served with a division win vs. an out of conference win.

Malloy
09-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Division games = x2

That being said, I wanna rout the 'Boys in week 3, I want it bad :)

Malloy
09-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Is this Peggy?

Yes.....

Yes......

Yes........

Winnah! :)

Scooter
09-02-2010, 08:38 AM
i'd rather beat the cowboys in february than september. if i were "friends" with an abundance of 'girls fans my opinion might change, but winning our division and getting into the playoffs is the goal this season ... cowpies as non-division and non-conference are barely recognizable on that path.

Craig.
09-02-2010, 08:43 AM
This thread brings the lulz

SheTexan
09-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Just proves that Texan fans are smarter than Cowboy fans by a long shot! This is a NO BRAINER for any Texan fan who wants to see us in the playoffs!!

BEAT THE COLTS!!!!!!!!

It's fun to harass Cowboy fans though! But, if they beat us in week three, then so be it!! It's only ONE game, and one game will NOT keep us out of the playoffs. Losing to the Colts just might!! We lost to the Cowboys the last time we played them in reg season, and I don't remember that being such a big deal.

HJam72
09-02-2010, 10:13 AM
I definitely like to beat the Cowboys, but what I really care about, beyond just winning in and of itself of course, is getting further into the playoffs than them, winning SBs while they're still talking about the 90s, etc. Those are the things I want this team to do, and we've gotta start by imposing some of that will on the freaking Colts....not to mention the rest of our division. 1-5 in our division was completely unacceptable last year and it's pretty amazing that Kubiak has impressed me enough otherwise that I haven't spent the whole offseason screaming for his head.

Beating the Cowboys is fun and will count for something in the regular season, but we've got some real work to do. Only way I'd care more about beating the Cowboys than the Colts is if we see them in early 2011.

steelbtexan
09-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Colts by a mile. The cowboys are kind of a fun in-state rivalry, while Indy's game counts for everything when it comes to playoffs.

This

Marcus
09-02-2010, 10:46 AM
If we beat the Colts, we had BETTER beat the Cowboys, or I'm going to mad as hell.

The Texans were clearly the superior team against the Cowboys on Saturday. But having said that, I noticed something else that stuck out like a sore thumb. For whatever reason and/or reasons, their offensive line sucks.

The crux of my football logic has always held that the offensive line is the backbone of any football team. If it's weak, then it doesn't really matter how strong the rest of it is.

Cowboy fans are in for really long season this year. Because of the OL, they aren't going to have a running game, Romo isn't going to have time to throw the ball, and the defense is going to be exhausted from being on the field too long.

If they end up better than 5-11, I'll be surprised.

dinkatoid
09-02-2010, 11:06 AM
The cowboys did not have their real O line playing the game. I believe they had 2 backups in. I know they had Barron in at LT who is their swing tackle, though that spot is kinda strange cause they have a new LT this year as it is. They also had a different guard in IIRC. Even still, it wont be what it was last year for them, so it will be some growing pains.

I am one of the odd ones out that voted for the Cowboys. I know the Colts in the division are a big deal, but I kinda feel like expecting to go 2-0 against them might be rough. I would be pretty happy with a 1-1 split this year, working our way to sweeping them next year. There really is no reason that we should lose to the Jags or Titans, so even taking a loss in game 1 and winning the rest of the division games puts us at 5-1, which I am ok with :P

Yankee_In_TX
09-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Anyone who is a Texans fan and remotely understand football, Colts.

/endthread

brakos82
09-02-2010, 12:21 PM
The cowboys did not have their real O line playing the game. I believe they had 2 backups in. I know they had Barron in at LT who is their swing tackle, though that spot is kinda strange cause they have a new LT this year as it is. They also had a different guard in IIRC. Even still, it wont be what it was last year for them, so it will be some growing pains.

And Columbo (RT) sat out as well. Yes their OL sucked last week, but I wouldn't be too terribly worried until all starting 5 are out on the field and suck.

FirstTexansFan
09-02-2010, 01:08 PM
If we beat the Colts, we had BETTER beat the Cowboys, or I'm going to mad as hell.

^^ This! Though I believe if we beat the Colts, it can build the confidence necessary to throw a string of wins together early in the season.

Texecutioner
09-02-2010, 01:54 PM
I don't expect us to beat the Colts, but if we do I'll be ecstatic. The Colts are still going to be a great team again this year.

I'll be the first one in this thread to pick the win over the Cowboys though. That franchise and their fan base drives me up the wall sometimes, and I want to beat the hell out of the Cowboys.

Now I don't know about all of that 8-8 nonsense to where I'd be happy as long as we beat the Cowboys. That's just crazy talk. But I want the Cowboys more. Plus, we'd still get another crack at the Colts later on in the season any way.

I want to BEAT THE COWBOYS!!!!

houstonspartan
09-02-2010, 06:13 PM
I don't expect us to beat the Colts, but if we do I'll be ecstatic. The Colts are still going to be a great team again this year.

I'll be the first one in this thread to pick the win over the Cowboys though. That franchise and their fan base drives me up the wall sometimes, and I want to beat the hell out of the Cowboys.

Now I don't know about all of that 8-8 nonsense to where I'd be happy as long as we beat the Cowboys. That's just crazy talk. But I want the Cowboys more. Plus, we'd still get another crack at the Colts later on in the season any way.

I want to BEAT THE COWBOYS!!!!

As much as I hate the Cowboys and their fans - and I have two good friends that are Cowboy fans that are total jerks when it comes to their team - I would MUCH rather make serious inroads within the division than to beat the cowboys. So, sure, I'd rather beat both, but if I had to chose, I'd chose the Colts in Game 1, mainly because this team has the self esteem of an 8-year-old, and losing out the gate could hurt us.

imatexan
09-02-2010, 06:25 PM
I would prefer a Titans sweep over a cowboys or colts win!
:whip:

Rey
09-02-2010, 06:27 PM
All of them.

brakos82
09-02-2010, 06:27 PM
I would prefer a Titans sweep over a cowboys or colts win!
:whip:

True, but the road to the division goes through Indy.

Double Barrel
09-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Colts for obvious division reasons. I dislike the Cowboys, but the Texans have to do better than 1-5 in the division if they expect to make the playoffs.

drs23
09-02-2010, 06:32 PM
There's no doubt that the Colts game is more important in the big picture. And there's no doubt we CAN beat them. Hell, we had them beat twice last year and let them back in. As has been posted several times prior, we need to learn to put the boot on the throat. I have the sense of feeling that this season the men have it. It's time. We have the talent. Saturday I saw the attitude/desire. When the Colts are dispatched in the 1st game it will be the blood in the water. Just getting warmed up for the 'Boys in week three. :gotexans1

Brandon420tx
09-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Rep to everyone who said colts (if I can)

gary
09-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Rep to everyone who said colts (if I can)The Colts.

Brandon420tx
09-02-2010, 07:06 PM
"You have given out too much Rep in the last 24 hours"
Guess I'll get you tomorrow

JB
09-02-2010, 07:10 PM
I refuse to vote for either. At this point in time, as long as our team is healthy I expect to win both. In fact, I expect us to win every game on our schedule if we stay injury free. To desire any thing less is just wrong! :foottap:

gary
09-02-2010, 07:12 PM
"You have given out too much Rep in the last 24 hours"
Guess I'll get you tomorrow
Ok, but I really do believe it's the Colts.

Señor Stan
09-22-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm changing my vote.

Dutchrudder
09-22-2010, 10:41 AM
I put Dallas, but we already got the win in Indy :D

Dread-Head
09-22-2010, 11:02 AM
As much as I DISLIKE the Colts...I HATE the Dallas Cowboys. You beat the Colts you look good in the division/conference. You beat the Cowboys it's nationally televised and you get the joy of making the Lizzard King feel as bad as he looks. Payton Manning when he loses to you can be a good sport, the Lizzard King is a jerk 24/7

Dread-Head
09-22-2010, 11:03 AM
I put Dallas, but we already got the win in Indy :D

Best receiver in the NFL ...PERIOD!

houstonspartan
09-22-2010, 11:23 AM
As much as I DISLIKE the Colts...I HATE the Dallas Cowboys. You beat the Colts you look good in the division/conference. You beat the Cowboys it's nationally televised and you get the joy of making the Lizzard King feel as bad as he looks. Payton Manning when he loses to you can be a good sport, the Lizzard King is a jerk 24/7

1) Looking good in the division/conference is all that matters.

2) Indy games are natioanlly televised.

How do you think we ended up with not one, but TWO Monday Night Football games this year? We're playing AFC rivals. Beating the Cowboys would be fun, but, in the bigger scheme of things, it doesn't really matter.

Colts, Colts, Colts.

Dread-Head
09-22-2010, 11:36 AM
1) Looking good in the division/conference is all that matters.

2) Indy games are natioanlly televised.

How do you think we ended up with not one, but TWO Monday Night Football games this year? We're playing AFC rivals. Beating the Cowboys would be fun, but, in the bigger scheme of things, it doesn't really matter.

Colts, Colts, Colts.

If Indy wins a Superbowl they'll move on. If Dallas wins one...they'll NEVER shut up about it.

houstonspartan
09-22-2010, 11:40 AM
If Indy wins a Superbowl they'll move on. If Dallas wins one...they'll NEVER shut up about it.

So? They never shut up anyway. They still talk endlessly about the Super Bowl's from the early 90s. Cowboys fans are crass and have no decorum at all. So the best thing to do is to ignore them. And I'm saying that as someone with good friends as Cowboy fans.

Ryan
09-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Can i change my vote now that we got the first one out of the way?

Ole Miss Texan
09-22-2010, 12:29 PM
A win over the Colts anyday.

Sure Cowboy fans are annoying especially if they beat us but all I care about is us making the playoffs consistently & advancing and that happens by beating the Colts and every other AFC team.

I would NEVER want a 5-11 record. But if we were to have it, a win over the Cowboys would not make me sad. :)