PDA

View Full Version : Matt Leinart or Dan Orlovsky

texans3964
09-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Would we be better off to replace Dan Orlovsky and John Booty.Get rid of those two and replace with a Matt Leinart.I think he has potential.what is everybody's thoughts on this.

JB
09-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Would we be better off to replace Dan Orlovsky and John Booty.Get rid of those two and replace with a Matt Leinart.I think he has potential.what is everybody's thoughts on this.

Not no, but HeLL NO!

The1ApplePie
09-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Better than Dan O, plus, Matt would like the strip clubs here.:bender:

Could be a good WCO QB if he can remove his head from his ass and get his **** out of something long enough to look at a playbook.

hobie
09-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Not no, but HeLL NO!

Agreed

Dutchrudder
09-01-2010, 05:39 PM
What's his contract look like? I know Dan O is getting ~3 mill a year and Booty is right at the minimum.

drewmar74
09-01-2010, 05:44 PM
None of the above.

Oooohhhh - Jeff George!

*I kid, I kid.

b0ng
09-01-2010, 05:45 PM
No way. Only if he's a free agent and we don't have to give up anything to get him.

Ole Miss Texan
09-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Probably not at $10MM - $15MM over the next two years.

Given a more reasonable contract (for us) I might consider it. He sure hasn't seemed to develop much over the last few years but I wonder what Kubiak would be able to do with him sitting behind Schaub. I think he could do quite well with our offense. Only occasionally would he have to throw it downfield, and when he did it would be to Andre Johnson, Jacoby Jones, Owen Daniels or Kevin Walter. :shrug:

ChampionTexan
09-01-2010, 05:52 PM
What's his contract look like? I know Dan O is getting ~3 mill a year and Booty is right at the minimum.

Dan O's getting $2.25 Million this year, and $2.75 Million next. (Per Rotoworld)

Leinart's getting $2.485 Million this year, and $7.36 Million in base and a $5.5 Million roster bonus next year .(per Rotoworld)

We will not be trading for Matt Leinart.

Kulluminatii
09-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Not no, but HeLL NO!

Add a few more Hell No's and I'd agree with you 100%. The guy is a bust and is almost as bad as JRuss.

False Start
09-01-2010, 06:12 PM
http://blog.internetnews.com/apatrizio/do-not-want-dog.jpg

Ryan
09-01-2010, 06:14 PM
they both suck, i want Rosencopter!

drs23
09-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Dan O's getting $2.25 Million this year, and $2.75 Million next. (Per Rotoworld)

Leinart's getting $2.485 Million this year, and $7.36 Million in base and a $5.5 Million roster bonus next year .(per Rotoworld)

We will not be trading for Matt Leinart.

How much of this is guaranteed? What happens if he just gets cut like has been rumored to be possible?

CloakNNNdagger
09-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Probably not at $10MM - $15MM over the next two years.

Given a more reasonable contract (for us) I might consider it. He sure hasn't seemed to develop much over the last few years but I wonder what Kubiak would be able to do with him sitting behind Schaub. I think he could do quite well with our offense. Only occasionally would he have to throw it downfield, and when he did it would be to Andre Johnson, Jacoby Jones, Owen Daniels or Kevin Walter. :shrug:

Leinart has made it more than clear that he wants no part of being anything but a STARTER. That's all we need. Someone who will be bringing potential devisive attitude and built-in dissatisfaction into the locker room. His own coaches AND team mates having nothing good to say about him........other than his woman magnet, which only probably came to him through his $$$$$$$$$$ contract.

Grams
09-01-2010, 06:16 PM

Are you serious??

Leinart has done absolutely nothing, has nothing to offer, He has lost the Cardinal locker room. All he wants is the celebrity, does not want to put in any work. Didn't we go through this once before with a QB?

ChampionTexan
09-01-2010, 06:21 PM
How much of this is guaranteed? What happens if he just gets cut like has been rumored to be possible?

I'm guessing none of it's guaranteed, but if you trade for him, you either pay it, get him to renegotiate, or cut him.

If he's cut, I think at only 4 years in the league, he would have to clear waivers, but any team claiming him would be also be claiming his existing contract. If (when) he cleared waivers, then even if some of the money's guaranteed, it's the Cardinals problem, and any NFL team can sign him for whatever he's willing to take.

texans3964
09-01-2010, 06:24 PM
i would like to have sage back.but that will never happen.we need a more reliable backup.who could we get?

Double Barrel
09-01-2010, 06:35 PM
they both suck, i want Rosencopter!

That's funny because I was going to mention the same thing. After what he's gone through with the Vikings, he'd probably dig the backup gig in H-town.

JB
09-01-2010, 06:49 PM
That's funny because I was going to mention the same thing. After what he's gone through with the Vikings, he'd probably dig the backup gig in H-town.

I'm not so sure he would fit in the locker room any more. If it is true that he leaked info re. Favre & Childress then I don't want him here to cause disruptions. If he would come willing to fight for the #2 Job, and accept the results of the competetion, then it would be ok.

DexmanC
09-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Sage will NEVER take being a career backup lying down. It's this attitude
that created the "Rosencopter" situation. Sage also has a popgun arm,
and thinks he's the second coming of Brett Favre. I found it hilarious
that Brett would show up shortly after Sage inked his deal with
Minnesota last year.

Matt Leinart has a weak arm, huge ego, and piss-poor work ethic. He's a
white Jamarcus Russell without the big arm. Dan O has a great attitude,
rocket arm, and excellent work ethic. Above all, he knows that Matt Schaub
is the unquestioned leader of this offense.

Sage would come here, and try to "show everybody how good I am." Winning
the freaking game should be your primary goal, not showcasing YOURSELF.
I say if Matt Schaub stays healthy till near the end of the year, Orlovsky
will be more than capable to run this offense.

Hervoyel
09-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Leinart doesn't fit our needs. I think we can upgrade our backup QB but Leinart is questionable as an upgrade at this point and he's expensive. I'm sure the Texans will consider it. I imagine they consider every player that becomes available even if it only amounts to due diligence.

I don't want him. I doubt the Texans would either. They're firmly in the Schaub "era" and who needs a never-was sitting behind Schaub unhappy that he's on the fast track to career backup?

_____
Edit: I want to add that I don't think Leinart is a "carved in stone" failure. I just think that he's another guy who probably needs to grow up before he can ever take the next step in his career and there's no guarantee that he will ever do that. He's got adequate physical gifts but his head isn't right yet. It may never be and he needs to spend a little time with his hat in his hand scratching for an opportunity before we'll find out. The worst thing that could happen to Leinart would be for some fool to give Arizona something for him and then plunk him into the starter/savior role on a bad team. He'd learn nothing and probably get pummeled. He needs to hit rock bottom, get signed to a gig behind an established starter, then work with a QB oriented coach like Kubiak for a year or two. He needs to learn to be a member of the team instead of "the man". Then he would be worth something and might have value as a keeper or as the focus of a trade. He won't do the work though, not until he's up against the wall and looking at being another Chris Simms, Alex Smith, or David Carr. That's where he's headed.

4Texans
09-01-2010, 09:39 PM
No, we don't need Leinart at all.

CloakNNNdagger
09-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Leinart doesn't fit our needs. I think we can upgrade our backup QB but Leinart is questionable as an upgrade at this point and he's expensive. I'm sure the Texans will consider it. I imagine they consider every player that becomes available even if it only amounts to due diligence.

I don't want him. I doubt the Texans would either. They're firmly in the Schaub "era" and who needs a never-was sitting behind Schaub unhappy that he's on the fast track to career backup?

_____
Edit: I want to add that I don't think Leinart is a "carved in stone" failure. I just think that he's another guy who probably needs to grow up before he can ever take the next step in his career and there's no guarantee that he will ever do that. He's got adequate physical gifts but his head isn't right yet. It may never be and he needs to spend a little time with his hat in his hand scratching for an opportunity before we'll find out. The worst thing that could happen to Leinart would be for some fool to give Arizona something for him and then plunk him into the starter/savior role on a bad team. He'd learn nothing and probably get pummeled. He needs to hit rock bottom, get signed to a gig behind an established starter, then work with a QB oriented coach like Kubiak for a year or two. He needs to learn to be a member of the team instead of "the man". Then he would be worth something and might have value as a keeper or as the focus of a trade. He won't do the work though, not until he's up against the wall and looking at being another Chris Simms, Alex Smith, or David Carr. That's where he's headed.

QFT:goodpost:

HOU-TEX
09-02-2010, 11:18 AM
:rolleyes: DanO knows the system and he's gotten better since last year. I'm not saying he's a sure #2 yet, but if he's been improving, I assume he'll continue to do so.

Leinart still thinks he's still starter material, so he's either a moron or somebody's filling him full of bullshit. Or both

HOU-TEX
09-03-2010, 10:12 AM
:rolleyes: DanO knows the system and he's gotten better since last year. I'm not saying he's a sure #2 yet, but if he's been improving, I assume he'll continue to do so.

Leinart still thinks he's still starter material, so he's either a moron or somebody's filling him full of bullshit. Or both

See what happens! You open your damn mouth and he goes Carr on you. When are you going to figure out you're a dumbass?! Just shut up, dude!

Double Barrel
09-03-2010, 10:59 AM
I'm not so sure he would fit in the locker room any more. If it is true that he leaked info re. Favre & Childress then I don't want him here to cause disruptions. If he would come willing to fight for the #2 Job, and accept the results of the competetion, then it would be ok.

hmmm, I've never heard about Sage leaking info. Interesting, and disappointing, too.

Maybe he does think that he's got what it takes to be a starter, but at this point in his career, you'd think that he'd actually be a starter by now if that was going to be the case.

infantrycak
09-03-2010, 03:45 PM
hmmm, I've never heard about Sage leaking info. Interesting, and disappointing, too.

That was purely journalistic speculation...unless true.

Maybe he does think that he's got what it takes to be a starter, but at this point in his career, you'd think that he'd actually be a starter by now if that was going to be the case.

I thought the Sage v. Schaub debate was asinine but Sage failed to get in front of several bad QB's before coming here. Having said that, I actually like him as a back up so long as he understands that is his role. I think listening to radio callers, etc. call for him over Schaub went to his head and he pressed way too hard in his last few games here.

Texecutioner
09-03-2010, 03:47 PM
That was purely journalistic speculation...unless true.

I thought the Sage v. Schaub debate was asinine but Sage failed to get in front of several bad QB's before coming here. Having said that, I actually like him as a back up so long as he understands that is his role. I think listening to radio callers, etc. call for him over Schaub went to his head and he pressed way too hard in his last few games here.

Sage tried to become a gunslinger and started playing with an edge. Lol!

Norg
09-04-2010, 11:58 AM
has DanO ever won a game in the NFL 0-16 Lions

I WANT SAGE at least we know what we got

this isnt the time for QB projects we are trying to make a deep playoff run this season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The1ApplePie
09-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Leinart officially released

thunderkyss
09-04-2010, 07:25 PM

I think Sage over Carr was a no brainer. I couldn't believe people actually wanted Sage over Schaub. :slapfight: