PDA

View Full Version : Suh rips Jake's Head Off

JWarren14
08-30-2010, 12:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8mt83ugqDI&NR=1

Suh is one angry man.

Bringing attitude to the Lions D, or just a dirty play?

infantrycak
08-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Well that was a clearly dirty play. Hopefully he can learn to play angry but smart.

WWJD
08-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Dirty.

Facemask bad enough but turning his head into an Exorcist imitation and tossing him to the ground was really dirty.

Better watch that. The commish will maybe Fed Ex'ing that guy if that continues.

Dutchrudder
08-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Honestly, I think that deserves at least a 1 game suspension. This isn't the WWF. You don't tourque a players head like that, especially a QB. If this were Manning, Brady or Brees I bet Goodell would be out there blasting the conduct.

Ole Miss Texan
08-30-2010, 12:53 PM
1st part of the move happens from time to time and can be an accident... still a penalty. The player usually would let go after he did that.

Suh continues on the tackle him... fine. Delhomme goes down... the last part of the play where he throws Delhomme back is "dirty". That play should be like 2 seperate personal fouls (face mask and throwing him down)!!

Hagar
08-30-2010, 01:02 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of that attitude on our D-line.

ChampionTexan
08-30-2010, 01:12 PM

You would if it came on a stop on 3rd & long at a critical point in the game.

Hard to argue that it wasn't a blatantly dirty hit.

DexmanC
08-30-2010, 01:17 PM

If you're a Lion's opponent, you'd be FURIOUS. If you're a Lions' fan or
teammate, you'd be ECSTATIC! That's the kind of move that sets
the tone for the defense. Honestly, I've watched a few Lions preseason
games, and Suh is ALREADY a headache for the other teams' defensive
coordinators.

He's as dominant as a Haynesworth, without the attitude and laziness.

Blake
08-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Whatever the lions have been doing for the past 10 years aint working. Its time to get nasty on defense and if you are a lions fan you probably have watched that clip 100 times. If you are a browns fan... well all 12 of them are pissed off.

TimeKiller
08-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Dirty.

Second Honeymoon
08-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Dirty play and may carry a hefty fine

trying to hurt someone is ok
trying to injure someone is not

the lions are going to be much improved and they already showed some improvement in 2009. They may be a longshot for playoffs but at least u can say it with a straight face. Good young qb and best young WR with a great TE prospect in Pettigrew. Throw in Suh and a revamped defense and it's looking a lot better in Lions Nation

Texan_Bill
08-30-2010, 01:36 PM
30+ years ago - acceptable.

Today - dirty.

As someone mentioned, he's actually lucky that he didn't get two separate personal fouls. One for the initial facemask and then another one for unnessesary roughness after the fact.

I realize the fans of Detroit desparately need something to feel good about, but potentially ending someone's career ain't it!

Hagar
08-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Oh, I agree it was dirty and he'll probably get a nice sized fine for his troubles, but then again, much of the league thinks Pollard is a dirty player too. I'm just saying a little intensity can go a long way.

The1ApplePie
08-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Dirty? Sure

Nothing wrong with being dirty.

The Broncos and the Pats racked up Super Bowls in the past decade, and they were the two dirtiest teams of their era.

Texecutioner
08-30-2010, 01:54 PM
If Jared Allen had done that people would be going nuts over that.

HOU-TEX
08-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Other than an obvious facemask I didn't see much wrong with what he did.

Suh is going to be a beast in this league. I just hope we get a few Lions games down here in order to watch him. Yes, I'd watch a Lions game just to see Suh play.

scourge
08-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Dirty.

Facemask bad enough but turning his head into an Exorcist imitation and tossing him to the ground was really dirty.
Better watch that. The commish will maybe Fed Ex'ing that guy if that continues.

Can't see the vid here at work, but I am imagining what happened to Aaron Brooks years back in NO when Kyle Turley ripped the other guys facemask off and threw it when Kyle saw the DT grab Aaron's facemask and torque it to the point that he heard Brooks shriek in pain.

silvrhand
08-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Was it rough yes, but come on QB's are getting bigger, stronger, and faster every year, if you ease up on them the next thing you know they shake you off and throw a 50 yard td pass on you..

It was a bit ROUGH, but I don't think he did it on purpose, most of the time you are just trying to find a way to get them down. QB's just don't fall down..

HOU-TEX
08-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Was it rough yes, but come on QB's are getting bigger, stronger, and faster every year, if you ease up on them the next thing you know they shake you off and throw a 50 yard td pass on you..

It was a bit ROUGH, but I don't think he did it on purpose, most of the time you are just trying to find a way to get them down. QB's just don't fall down..

I do

Signed,

Peyton Manning

DexmanC
08-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Other than an obvious facemask I didn't see much wrong with what he did.

Suh is going to be a beast in this league. I just hope we get a few Lions games down here in order to watch him. Yes, I'd watch a Lions game just to see Suh play.

Betta find out about tenyardtorrents, boy.

Indy Skinnz
08-31-2010, 11:30 AM
The thing that struck me the most about that play is that no Browns offensive linemen came to Delhomme's defense. Someone should have at least been in Suh's face. Not sure what that says about the Browns but I don't imagine that Holmgren or Mangini were too happy that no one had his back.

Blake
08-31-2010, 11:31 AM
The thing that struck me the most about that play is that no Browns offensive linemen came to Delhomme's defense. Someone should have at least been in Suh's face. Not sure what that says about the Browns but I don't imagine that Holmgren or Mangini were too happy that no one had his back.

Good point. I noticed that too. They just walked by like, "F this guy. He hasnt even taken us out to dinner yet."

Rey
08-31-2010, 03:17 PM
I didn't think it was all that dirty. He certainly deserved the penalty, but to me it just looked like an aggressive player getting after an opponent.

I don't think he intentionally grabbed the facemask, which IMO, means that it wasn't a dirty play.

Slinging a QB to the ground isn't dirty.

The1ApplePie
08-31-2010, 03:35 PM
Can't see the vid here at work, but I am imagining what happened to Aaron Brooks years back in NO when Kyle Turley ripped the other guys facemask off and threw it when Kyle saw the DT grab Aaron's facemask and torque it to the point that he heard Brooks shriek in pain.

Turley was awesome. I remember that he flipped the crowd off too as he was ejected.

toronto
08-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Considering the depths of hell that Lion fans have been in, I'm sure not a single one minded seeing that play. They haven't had that kind of nasty-ass football player since Chris Spielman.

Spled
09-01-2010, 12:07 AM
I'd like to see a bit more of that nasty in Mario and Okoye.

gunny
09-01-2010, 12:16 AM
I wish it was Manning...

Marcus
09-01-2010, 05:53 PM
I wish it was Manning...

If it had been, Suh would have ended up on Goodell's shit list.

This is only the beginning.

JB
09-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Ndamukong Suh fined $7,500

Detroit Lions rookie defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh was fined $7,500 by the NFL on Friday for his roughing-the-passer penalty on quarterback Jake Delhomme in an exhibition game against the Browns.

Suh The No. 2 overall pick in April's draft grabbed Delhomme's face mask and twisted it, then wrapped his arms around the quarterback's head and slammed him to the ground in the second quarter of last Saturday's game.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5527578)

eriadoc
09-03-2010, 08:56 PM
So what percentage of Suh's salary is a $7500 fine? I'm willing to bet it's about like a $50 fine for someone who makes $50K a year - hardly a deterrent.

JB
09-03-2010, 08:59 PM
So what percentage of Suh's salary is a $7500 fine? I'm willing to bet it's about like a $50 fine for someone who makes $50K a year - hardly a deterrent.

But the League made a statement! :rolleyes:

eriadoc
09-03-2010, 09:11 PM
OK, so Suh got $60M over 5 years, $40M of which is guaranteed. If they just spread that evenly over 5 years, that's $8M/year in guaranteed money and another $4M in salary. With incentives, he can earn as much as $68M total.

$7500/12M = 6.25*10^-4, or .0625% of his salary. For someone that made $50K a year, that would equate to $31.25.

Ndamukong Suh just got fined 30 bucks for ripping Delhomme's head off.

sakebomb
09-04-2010, 07:33 AM
OK, so Suh got $60M over 5 years, $40M of which is guaranteed. If they just spread that evenly over 5 years, that's $8M/year in guaranteed money and another $4M in salary. With incentives, he can earn as much as $68M total.

$7500/12M = 6.25*10^-4, or .0625% of his salary. For someone that made $50K a year, that would equate to $31.25.

Ndamukong Suh just got fined 30 bucks for ripping Delhomme's head off.

It would have been $50 if it were Manning or Brady.

Norg
09-04-2010, 11:55 AM
thats what mario needs to do to manning X10 this sunday