PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Non-Texan

Dwade
08-29-2010, 11:45 PM
I never liked the guy in college, being a Longhorn fan and all, but I'm starting to like Tim Tebow. The kid has a great attitude, he's a superb athlete, and he just has that drive to win. I'm hoping he gets some playing time this year, because I'm interested to see what he can do.

What's y'alls favorite non-Texan and why?

Kulluminatii
08-29-2010, 11:57 PM
My favorite Non-Texan would be Nnamdi Asomugha :shades:. He is one of the greatest to play his position but somehow manages to remain humble both on and off the field.

Since I'm a Raiders fan, my favorite Non-Raider would be Andre Johnson for the same reasons Nnamdi is my favorite :D.

TexanSam
08-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Man, i'm gonna get flamed for this but Peyton Manning. Yeah he plays for the colts but the dude is awesome. Can't help but enjoy watching him play.

brakos82
08-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Jason Witten

DexmanC
08-30-2010, 12:52 AM
Peyton Manning. Not even close. Dude is a throwback player/coach.

infantrycak
08-30-2010, 01:37 AM
Well best player and favorite player are different things to me. I have to give Peyton best player but he is a whiny beotch so I can't give him favorite. For favorite have to go with Nnamdi because he is the DB anti-matter to AJ's matter. They just work so hard so quietly and get the job done.

toronto
08-30-2010, 02:27 AM
Not saying he's my favourite human being, but as a football player, I'll never respect a player more than I repect Ray Lewis. Probably the best defensive player I have ever seen, and that include LT, so I know I could get flamed for that.

Best leader I have ever seen don the pads.

Speedy
08-30-2010, 02:36 AM
Kevin Kolb

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
08-30-2010, 04:15 AM
Ray Lewis

BigBull17
08-30-2010, 07:30 AM
Peyton Manning. Not even close. Dude is a throwback player/coach.

He is such a whiney guy. He and Brady are spoiled little brats on the field. I would say Patrick Wilis. He was my favorite player in that draft.

SheTexan
08-30-2010, 07:37 AM
Drew Brees, and I hate the Saints!!:) Guy is a leader on and off the field. Managed to take an adverage team to the big show, and win!!

BIG TORO
08-30-2010, 07:43 AM
:user:Without a doubt Vince Young:NOT!

Even though I dislike the team, I like Ray Lewis.

RazorOye
08-30-2010, 08:20 AM
Drew Brees

agreed... also my answer

Managed to take an adverage team to the big show, and win!!

disagree

ain't nothin' average about that offense :)

SheTexan
08-30-2010, 08:27 AM
agreed... also my answer

disagree

ain't nothin' average about that offense :)

Talkin bout the team as a whole, not just the offense! They had a pretty easy sch last year, PLUS, they got a lot of breaks from the refs along the way. Whatever, didn't stop my respect for their QB.

Texan_Bill
08-30-2010, 08:32 AM
My favorite Non-Texan is /are simple. Earl Campbell followed closely by Dr. Doom!

SheTexan
08-30-2010, 08:36 AM
Present players Bill! I think that's what he means!:mcnugget:

Texan_Bill
08-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Present players Bill! I think that's what he means!:mcnugget:

He didn't say that but if that's the case my answer would be:

:cricket:

:cricket:

gwallaia
08-30-2010, 08:40 AM
I gotta go with my fellow UH Cougar, Kevin Kolb.

Texan_Bill
08-30-2010, 08:42 AM
:secret: if it would be anyone, it would be Kevin Kolb. Stephen McGhee, not so much being a Gurl and all!

IDEXAN
08-30-2010, 09:18 AM
I've always been a big fan of Donavan McNabb, and I've also had a deep appreciation of the man for being a totally class-act. I remember the crap he had to put up with TO when he went came to Philly and the way he handled himself all the while TO was a real jerk. And then when he was shockingly traded to another team in his own division he was all class again. But McNabb throws one of the best long-balls in the league and he's a QB who offered a lot of mobility, but maybe not so much anymore since he's getting older. So I guess now maybe I'll need to take an interest in the Redskins ?

Ole Miss Texan
08-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Peyton Manning because I think he's a genious and I love his work ethic.

I also really like Eli Manning, Patrick Willis, Michael Oher, Dexter McCluster and Drew Brees.

I'll admit Drew Brees has been added on just recently even though it hurts me to put a Saint on this list. Not only is he talented, but he's just a really really good person. As much as I dislike Louisiana in general, I can't hate on that.

Esoom
08-30-2010, 09:39 AM
I'd probably have to go with Ed Reed. He is a monster.

Dutchrudder
08-30-2010, 09:41 AM
Back in August of 2009 my girlfriend got to meet a bunch of the Jets starters at a hotel bar in New Jersey. She was there for new-hire training with her company. The hotel was located next to the Jets practice facility, so after practice a bunch of the Jets went to the hotel to get drinks and hang out. Many of their families were also staying in the hotel with them, so my girlfriend got to talk with Kris Jenkins and his wife for a little while. She even called me to ask me if I knew who some of these guys were (she didn't know any of them), such as Darrelle Revis, Dustin Keller, Leon Washington and a couple of 2nd stringers. I did my best to tell her to ask Revis and Jenkins to consider moving to Houston and joining the Texans, but Kris told her I should just become a Jets fan!

Lindsey asked Kris' wife if she worried about him going on the road and going to clubs with the team and stuff and her reply was "OH! He knows better than to do that!" Then Kris put his arm around her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. It was funny, because he's a huge dominating DT yet he's just a regular guy who's 'a huge teddy bear' (Lindsey's words)and loves his wife in real life. I never would have guessed he was like that, but I think he's my favorite non-Texan. Also, she got me a Jets 2009 season preview booklet with a bunch of their signatures on it :D

Mari-OWNED!
08-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Philip Rivers. I just like his tough guy attitude and the way he carries himself on and off the field. He's not like most of the pretty boys that are playing quarterback.

Ole Miss Texan
08-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Philip Rivers. I just like his tough guy attitude and the way he carries himself on and off the field. He's not like most of the pretty boys that are playing quarterback.

Rivers makes my Top 5 of Least Liked players in the NFL. I can't stand him. :bat:

beerlover
08-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Aaron Rodgers > Brett Farve

his evolution following a legend is tough to overlook

HOU-TEX
08-30-2010, 01:18 PM
I might get ragged on, but...........Jared Allen

Texan_Bill
08-30-2010, 01:27 PM
I might get ragged on, but...........Jared Allen

Puh Ce!!! That douche.bag of all douche.bags?? Really??!?

:kitten:

HOU-TEX
08-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Puh Ce!!! That douche.bag of all douche.bags?? Really??!?

:kitten:

Yup, really. He's one of the best at his position and he loves the game. Sure, he hit Schaub low, but players make mistakes. Hell, I think Pollard's hit on Brady is the reason they made the rule.

StarStruck
08-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Adrian Peterson

Honorable mention
Jason Witten
Ray Lewis
Jaren Allen
Peyton Manning
Vince Young (he's hometown and I want him to make it)

BigBull17
08-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Rivers makes my Top 5 of Least Liked players in the NFL. I can't stand him. :bat:

QFT. He is such a little piss ant. And has won as much as you and I have.

Aaron Rodgers > Brett Farve

his evolution following a legend is tough to overlook

I agree. I am really pulling for GB in the NFC.

WWJD
08-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Adrian Peterson

Honorable mention
Jason Witten
Ray Lewis
Jaren Allen
Peyton Manning
Vince Young (he's hometown and I want him to make it)

You should get Adrian to pay you girl since he's your cousin! You almost have to say him or get it from the rest of the kinfolks...seriously he's a great player.

Giant Tiger
08-30-2010, 03:46 PM
I have to say Ray Lewis as well. He's a natural leader.

Texecutioner
08-30-2010, 03:58 PM
My favorite Non Texans are

Tom Brady
Brett Favre
Aaron Rodgers
Big Ben
Matt Ryan
Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Eddie Royal
Jermichael Finley
Jamal Charles

On Defense

Ray Lewis
Troy Polamolu
Michael Griffin
Brian Dawkins
Jared Allen
Sergio Kindle

The1ApplePie
08-30-2010, 04:28 PM
My boy Reggie Bush

All the Trojans but crybaby bust Matt over in Arizona

The1ApplePie
08-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Oh and whomever KOs Rhett Bomar

Blake
08-31-2010, 08:50 AM
Brandon Graham
Earl Thomas
Dunta Robinson
Brian Orakpo
Derrick Johnson
Darren McFadden
Jake Long

dc_txtech
08-31-2010, 08:58 AM
Peyton Manning because I think he's a genious and I love his work ethic.

I also really like Eli Manning, Patrick Willis, Michael Oher, Dexter McCluster and Drew Brees.

I'll admit Drew Brees has been added on just recently even though it hurts me to put a Saint on this list. Not only is he talented, but he's just a really really good person. As much as I dislike Louisiana in general, I can't hate on that.

I still remember McCluster putting a hurting on Texas Tech in the Cotton Bowl.
I snagged him up in the last round of my fantasy draft, so I'll be following him pretty closely this season. The kids a firecracker.

nero THE zero
08-31-2010, 09:36 AM
Chester Pitts for obvious reasons.

If that's cheating, I'd say Maurice Jones-Drew because he seems like a pretty likeable guy who's funny and smart and is a hell of a football player. Nothing to not like about him really (except the team he plays for).

TEXANS84
08-31-2010, 10:20 AM
Offense: LaDanian Tomlinson

Defense: Ray Lewis

ChampionTexan
08-31-2010, 10:31 AM
I think I'd have to go back to my KC roots and say Tony Gonzalez. Wish he could have finished his career there, but I don't have a problem with the Falcons, and I completely understand why he wanted to move on given the changes that have gone on with the Chiefs.

imatexan
08-31-2010, 05:01 PM
Hines Ward
Troy Polamolu
Jeremy Shockey

Pollardized
08-31-2010, 09:08 PM
Chris Brown :drunk:

b0ng
08-31-2010, 09:42 PM
Megatron. The End.

gunny
08-31-2010, 11:39 PM
Adrian Wilson and Ed Reed.

Ole Miss Texan
09-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Welp... you can add Kris Brown to the list.