PDA

View Full Version : Ouch: Bengals swallow $8 million in release of Antonio Bryant

Heath Shuler
08-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Ouch: Bengals swallow $8 million in release of Antonio Bryant
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Ouch-Bengals-swallow-8-million-in-release-of-A?urn=nfl-265883

When the Cincinnati Bengals signed Terrell Owens, it looked like a sign that they had major concerns about Antonio Bryant's(notes) ability to contribute in 2010.

As it turns out, they did. So much so, in fact, that they cut him today. They just straight up, outright axed Bryant, eating the $8 million in guaranteed money that they gave him back in March on a four-year, $28 million deal.

In the end, the Bengals gave Bryant that $8 million for 172 days of practicing. Poorly.

The Pencil Neck
08-29-2010, 09:03 PM
I was pretty shocked when I saw this. I mean, not even waiting to the second round of cuts.

DexmanC
08-30-2010, 12:54 AM
It's their Bengals version of the "Boselli Disaster." Good thing it happened
in an uncapped year.

StarStruck
08-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Bryant doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to behavior, so perhaps something happened that isn't being revealed to the public that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Heath Shuler
08-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Bryant doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to behavior, so perhaps something happened that isn't being revealed to the public that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

or his knee

JB
08-30-2010, 09:38 PM
or his knee

That too! He is supposedly not recovering well, plus he's an asshat!

thunderkyss
08-30-2010, 10:20 PM
I like that he's not given up. According to his agent he will fleece another team... I mean he will be playing for another team this year

JB
08-30-2010, 10:21 PM
I like that he's not given up. According to his agent he will fleece another team... I mean he will be playing for another team this year

Had it right the first time...

Koolaid Time
08-30-2010, 10:35 PM
Ouch: Bengals swallow $8 million in release of Antonio Bryant
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Ouch-Bengals-swallow-8-million-in-release-of-A?urn=nfl-265883

Whichever of the Browns (Paul or Pete or Mike) that signed Antonio Bryant to an $8 million dollar deal just replaced Charley Casserly as the "World's Worst Evaluator of Football Talent."

Texecutioner
08-31-2010, 12:13 AM
This isn't surprising and it's probably the smartest thing at this point so they won't have to pay him for the rest of the season outside of his signing bonus. THey are the Bengals and they are stupid, and that's why they were in this mess in the first place. They have plenty of talent at WR, and they didn't need some injured Antonio Bryant on the sidelines half the year. The Bengals just aren't smart and they are used to this sort of thing.

Dutchrudder
08-31-2010, 10:02 AM
There's a good reason why they are known as 'The Bungles'.