PDA

View Full Version : Kris Brown setting the TONE!!!!

thunderkyss
08-29-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm just now rewatching the game. I think Kris Brown earned his job back, with the very first tackle of the game.

On the opening kick return, their return man pretty much ran through our ST. Well, through everyone but Kris Brown. Looked like he had been hanging with Cushing & Pollard over the summer.

Most kickers will get in your way, or try to turn you back into the defense.

Not Kris, not this game, not against the Cowpokes.

He picked the guy up & drove him to the ground.

Maddict5
08-29-2010, 12:16 PM
I'm just now rewatching the game. I think Kris Brown earned his job back, with the very first tackle of the game.

On the opening kick return, their return man pretty much ran through our ST. Well, through everyone but Kris Brown. Looked like he had been hanging with Cushing & Pollard over the summer.

Most kickers will get in your way, or try to turn you back into the defense.

Not Kris, not this game, not against the Cowpokes.

He picked the guy up & drove him to the ground.

ya it was impressive but rackers made a tackle later on too. im not going to automatically give him back his job over it

Norg
08-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Chris brown is injured and not just injured its a degressing Type of injury me thinks

COmpention should be over the Job is Now Rackers

No more orginal texans o well DOnt worry KB iam sure another team will pick u up

El Tejano
08-29-2010, 04:11 PM
ya it was impressive but rackers made a tackle later on too. im not going to automatically give him back his job over it

And Rackers' tackle was down the field with the rest of the troops. Almost as if he knew he had to one up Kris.

Kris is nailing em straight through the uprights now though.

J_R
08-29-2010, 04:21 PM
AJ weighs in (http://www.examiner.com/houston-texans-in-houston/brown-has-slight-lead-kicking-competition-will-foot-condition-be-an-issue)on the kicking competition and who may have the edge. Also will foot problem with Brown be an issue?

Dwade
08-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Tackling ability is not a big factor in choosing a kicker...it's crazy how many KB apologists there still are after last year.

thunderkyss
08-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Tackling ability is not a big factor in choosing a kicker...it's crazy how many KB apologists there still are after last year.

Dude, the thread was started in jest. Get over yourself.

Texan_Bill
08-29-2010, 05:23 PM

Agreed TK!! Some people have no sense of humor or at least can't pick up on when someone is being tongue-in-cheek. :gun:

SheTexan
08-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Agreed TK!! Some people have no sense of humor or at least can't pick up on when someone is being tongue-in-cheek. :gun:

Agree!

Sometimes when you are new to a board, and don't BOTHER to research it's history, and apparently NEW to the Texans as well, you just have the tendency to continuously make yourself appear like Kevin's fav word that you can't post here.:pop::)

Dwade
08-29-2010, 06:15 PM

You didn't make the thread, and the OP sounds serious.

KB needs to go

False Start
08-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Dang bud, learn how to take a toke. ;)

thunderkyss
08-29-2010, 06:21 PM
You didn't make the thread, and the OP sounds serious.

KB needs to go

I did make the thread, I am the OP, I wasn't serious.

Other than that being a bad ass tackle to start a game of bad assery.

C Madd
08-29-2010, 06:46 PM
I haven't been the biggest Kris Brown fan, but I have to agree that the tackle was pretty bad ass