PDA

View Full Version : Arian Nation

stingray
08-28-2010, 08:51 PM
I love me some Foster. I'm changing my sig to Arian Nation, baby!!!

Texas T
08-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Is there room for more??
If so I'm in!!

stingray
08-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Is there room for more??
If so I'm in!!

Of course, Theres plenty of room. :kingkong:

OzzO
08-28-2010, 09:20 PM
that, or a can of Fosters would work as well.

Foster: Austrailian for first down

Maddict5
08-28-2010, 09:26 PM
ive been on the arian bandwagon since i first saw him play and even when we drafted tate i still thought hed be the starter based on what i had seen. the guy is perfect for the scheme and will hopefully fix our rz problems

Dutchrudder
08-28-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm not blonde but I'll join.

lulz...

Hervoyel
08-28-2010, 09:56 PM

This.

Somebody needs to get with the Photoshop and put one of those Crocodile Dundee hats on him.

mariowillshine15
08-28-2010, 09:58 PM
This.

Somebody needs to get with the Photoshop and put one of those Crocodile Dundee hats on him.

Have him riding an alligator sippin a Fosters.

headsplint
08-28-2010, 10:08 PM
Something tells me Arian Foster would not approve of a fan club named Arian Nation. Just a shot in the dark but...

Brisco_County
08-28-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm a big fan of Arian Foster. But casual references to white supremacy groups, not so much.

sometexansfan
08-28-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm all for a Foster fan club, but calling it the Arian Nation, yeaaah nooooooo.

Mari-OWNED!
08-28-2010, 10:20 PM
You guys have it all wrong. It's supposed to be the "Arian Brotherhood."

kcdoubleeagle
08-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Geeze....you might as well call it the Arian Klux Klan. I do like the way he is running though...

False Start
08-28-2010, 10:29 PM

This.

Awesome ideas fellas.

http://a.imageshack.us/img521/5403/fostertd3.jpg

hradhak
08-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Awesome ideas fellas.

NICE!. I have a new wallpaper

Dutchrudder
08-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Awesome ideas fellas.

Nice pic, but I think I deserve some credit here...
:kitten:

Foster: Australian for first down!

Thorn
08-28-2010, 11:20 PM
I think we have a winner in Foster. :)

Ryan
08-28-2010, 11:55 PM
anyone want to fill me in on the supposed reference to racism? Maybe it's just late.

headsplint
08-29-2010, 12:06 AM
anyone want to fill me in on the supposed reference to racism? Maybe it's just late.

Aryan Nations militantly advocates anti-Semitism and the establishment of a white racist state.

http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/orgs/american/adl/paranoia-as-patriotism/aryan-nations.html

gtexan02
08-29-2010, 12:09 AM

From Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan_Nations

Aryan Nations (AN) is a white nationalist neo-Nazi organization founded in the 1970s by Richard Girnt Butler as an arm of the Christian Identity group known as the Church of Jesus Christ-Christian. As of December 2007 there were two main factions that claimed descent from Butler's group. The Aryan Nations has been called a "terrorist threat" by the FBI,[1] and the RAND Corporation has called it the "first truly nationwide terrorist network" in the USA.[2]

Schaub2Dre
08-29-2010, 12:16 AM
Is it time to give him a nickname? I feel he deserves one!

Texan4Ever
08-29-2010, 12:33 AM

Arian "First Down" Foster

Brisco_County
08-29-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm sure Arian and his mom (who happens to read these forums) find it cute that the title of his fan appreciation thread is a tongue-in-cheek white supremacy reference.

Marcus
08-29-2010, 12:37 AM

Hmm . . considering the thread title, how bout Domestic Terrorist?

Seriously, this thread needs to disappear.

gtexan02
08-29-2010, 12:39 AM
Personally, Im in wait and see mode (as far as nickname).

The guy has the potential to be something here, but I'd like to see him do it when it counts. The last 2 games of the regular season and a preseason game against the Cowboys are excellent first courses/appetizers. But I want to see what he does in live action in week 1.

We've had a lot of flash in the pan running backs on this team.
Moats last year
That guy before him who I don't even remember who did well against the Browns
etc

Brisco_County
08-29-2010, 12:45 AM

The guy has the potential to be something here, but I'd like to see him do it when it counts. The last 2 games of the regular season and a preseason game against the Cowboys are excellent first courses/appetizers. But I want to see what he does in live action in week 1.

Moats last year
etc

Foster has performances from last season that were solid too. He also proved a few things in camp.

Back when we got Foster as a UDFA, I told a co-worker from Tennessee that we drafted him. He was stoked, told me how awesome he was, and that I wouldn't be disappointed. Vol fans loved the guy.

The Pencil Neck
08-29-2010, 01:59 AM

Moats last year
etc

Chris Taylor.
(Wali Lundy...)

Mailman
08-29-2010, 02:44 AM

Seriously? I cannot believed this patently offensive nickname has to be explained to anyone.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

powerfuldragon
08-29-2010, 03:12 AM
i hate this thread title. that's all.

Mailman
08-29-2010, 03:49 AM
i hate this thread title. that's all.

yes, it's beyond revolting.

False Start
08-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Nice pic, but I think I deserve some credit here...
:kitten:

My bad, I quoted the wrong poster. :cool:

stingray
08-29-2010, 08:55 AM
Chill people. It's a tongue-n- cheek joke. I'm a minority myself. I guess I don't get offended as easily as some of you. I love Arian's running style. And I love that he wasn't a high round draft pick that proved himself. Whatever nickname he gets, I hope he keeps churning those yards.

DavidC
08-29-2010, 09:14 AM
I am not supporting the title of the thread, but I do recall that it was ND Kalu after the Patriots game last season that began the Arian Nation reference, or I could be mistaken and someone else said it before him, but ND definitely talked about it on 610 for the entire drive home.

As far as nicknames, from the gameday thread I was a big fan of "Foster: Australian for first down!"

stingray
08-29-2010, 09:16 AM
I am not supporting the title of the thread, but I do recall that it was ND Kalu after the Patriots game last season that began the Arian Nation reference, or I could be mistaken and someone else said it before him, but ND definitely talked about it on 610 for the entire drive home.

As far as nicknames, from the gameday thread I was a big fan of "Foster: Australian for first down!"

That's where I got it from. I just thought it was funny and ironic.

Hagar
08-29-2010, 11:39 AM
How about Arian "The Force" Foster?

Also, I agree, Arian Nation is not a good title, change it.

infantrycak
08-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Geez the title isn't Aryan Nation and anybody familiar with the Texans should recognize the source for Arian even Kevin Walters fans.

Scooter
08-29-2010, 11:47 AM
frosty ...

Lucky
08-29-2010, 11:53 AM
Also, I agree, Arian Nation is not a good title, change it.
If we changed the title of the thread, another would pop up just like it. It becomes a forum whac-a-mole. No one has been offensive in the thread. Just best to leave it up and let it die a natural death.

BTW, I heard a radio talk show host use the term last season. Not real imaginative or original.

TexansBull
08-29-2010, 12:15 PM
I don't think the nickname will catch on because everyone who will try to be politically correct. But I don't think we should limit it just because it may be offensive if taken out of context.

Its a football team. Its even a black guy we are supporting. Its all good fun. I think that is what ND Kalu was doing by suggesting the name.

It will be ok.

Carr Bombed
08-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Political correctness is killing this country. :rolleyes:

Hervoyel
08-29-2010, 12:55 PM
No, it's not. We all understand I'm sure that "Arian Nation" isn't the same thing as "Aryan Nations". It's more a riff on common terms like "Raider Nation" or "Steeler Nation" as used by football fans to identify themselves with a common group of fans BUT.... It's a little close to the name of the white supremacist group. To a man Texans fans will understand the reference but someone not familiar with the team might not make the proper connection. It's not political correctness gone a muck, it's simply a case of "We can do better" and avoid any possible misinterpretation of the name.

Plus it's still early for a nickname anyway.

I'm liking the Foster's Lager angle but I think I'm going with

"Foster, Texan for Touchdown" It keeps the feel of the original commercial but localizes it. After all we aren't in Australia.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/Foster-Texan-for-Touchdown.jpg

Big Lou
08-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Political correctness is killing this country. :rolleyes:

Agreed!!!!

Sometimes things that aren't intended take on a life of thier own.

With that said A for effort and creativity, but in the current climate of racial relations perhaps a different name would be the way to go.

However I would like to say that AF seems to get yards regardless. Obviousley we don't have a lot of film on him, but everything we have points to success. Foster fits the Denver/Shannahan/Kubes mold of a under the radar guy that racks up 1200-1500 yards a season. Obviousley AF would have a was a first day draft pick prior to his injury at TN, but he was undrafted which makes him a classic Kubes molded RB, especially since he sat most of last year.

Edit: Also it seems like Foster is the fix to short yardgae situations, but I could be wrong.

MannyFresh
08-29-2010, 01:11 PM
Yeah not digging the reference either...maybe more like:

Freight Train Foster

F Train, Foster Express, Bunker Buster, F-Bomb...feel free to add till one fits.

Overalls
08-29-2010, 01:38 PM
I also heard it was ND that first proposed "Arian Nation" as a nickname for Arian. I also agree that political correctness is taking the fun out of some things. I think it would be a great nickname to shove it in the face of some skinhead group. It would take away from them and make fun of them. I can see them getting all worked up in their jack boots that a black guy is the head of an "Arian Nation" with more members than their pitiful little group.

Mailman
08-29-2010, 02:53 PM
I think "Bananas" is a better nickname.

Also, I was quite drunk when I posted last night which explains my moment of whiskey-induced hyperbole.

valleytexfan
08-29-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm in! Foster really impressed me coming in last season and playing well. He runs with a purpose and always slides for another yard or two. He's an excellent one cut and go runner. He makes that one cut and bursts through the hole. :doot:

Brando
08-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Fosters Awesome: Texan for Football!

I really love the way he plays.

PHAROAH
08-29-2010, 04:26 PM
I am not jumping on the bandwagon just yet as the kid hasn't played an entire season yet and hasn't proved he can carry the load at this point. I think he is another piece and we are hoping that he can stay healthy as none of the backs are trust worthy at this point so I will wait and hold judgement.

GuerillaBlack
08-29-2010, 08:23 PM
I also heard it was ND that first proposed "Arian Nation" as a nickname for Arian. I also agree that political correctness is taking the fun out of some things. I think it would be a great nickname to shove it in the face of some skinhead group. It would take away from them and make fun of them. I can see them getting all worked up in their jack boots that a black guy is the head of an "Arian Nation" with more members than their pitiful little group.

Exactly. That's what makes it funny. People are being too PC.

But, I'm a fan of Arian Foster. I think he'll be our fix at RB (even with Tate out). Hopefully Slaton can be a capable spell back for Foster this year.

No More 8-8's
08-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Not sure if this has been brought up yet. But a friend recommended this nickname for all his fans.........

"Foster Kids"

GP
08-30-2010, 09:46 AM
Not sure if this has been brought up yet. But a friend recommended this nickname for all his fans.........

"Foster Kids"

Bingo.

BIG TORO
08-30-2010, 10:03 AM

"Foster Kids"

I was thinking along the same lines:

"Foster, adopting all 1st downs" or "Foster, first down adopter"

as far as Political Correctness I say screw it in the ***! People need to lighten up!

chicagotexan2
08-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Is the Arian Nation accepting Mexicans? If so - peeek me ese.

eriadoc
08-30-2010, 10:54 AM
I'll be honest - Arian Nation makes me uncomfortable. That doesn't mean I'm coming out and blasting the nickname or idea, but it definitely makes me uncomfortable. It's on me to figure out why that's the case, I suppose.

The Pencil Neck
08-30-2010, 11:11 AM
I'll be honest - Arian Nation makes me uncomfortable. That doesn't mean I'm coming out and blasting the nickname or idea, but it definitely makes me uncomfortable. It's on me to figure out why that's the case, I suppose.

Arian Nation was the first thing that popped into my mind the first time I ever heard his name.

But it makes me uncomfortable and I find it offensive. That's on me, I'm the one feeling that, but there it is.

Not that we should necessarily care about what other people think or do but people who aren't in Houston or Texas already assume that we're a bunch of prejudiced rednecks. A lot of people would take Arian Nation totally wrong and I think it would just be asking for a whole slew of articles and attitudes that are just going to piss us all off and cause lots of arguments and crap. I'd prefer to sidestep the whole thing by just not letting it start.

I say definitely no to Arian Nation but like I said, it was the first thing that popped into my head.

No More 8-8's
08-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Arian Nation was the first thing that popped into my mind the first time I ever heard his name.

But it makes me uncomfortable and I find it offensive. That's on me, I'm the one feeling that, but there it is.

Not that we should necessarily care about what other people think or do but people who aren't in Houston or Texas already assume that we're a bunch of prejudiced rednecks. A lot of people would take Arian Nation totally wrong and I think it would just be asking for a whole slew of articles and attitudes that are just going to piss us all off and cause lots of arguments and crap. I'd prefer to sidestep the whole thing by just not letting it start.

I say definitely no to Arian Nation but like I said, it was the first thing that popped into my head.
Lets just stick to Foster Kids.

scourge
08-30-2010, 11:36 AM
I prefer "Foster: Texan for Touchdown(or first down, whatever)"

Not all that high on whole Arian Nation thing.

However, I was amused when we picked up a rookie RB named Arian the same year we drafted a LB who was part of the "White Nation" linebackers as USC and was part of a facebook pace referring to that at one point. IIRC, it was stated that it was a black teammate that started them that. Just weird that it ended up that way.

Second Honeymoon
08-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Bad nickname and as Herv already stated, it's way too early for a nickname

boy he looked good though as did AJ and both JJ's.

The team came out fired up too..hope to see the same Week 3

NitroGSXR
08-30-2010, 11:44 AM
I would have no problem annointing Arian Foster with the title of GRAND MARSHALL. Get him his white hat!

Lighten up some. You guys are too PC. It's just football. Maybe TexMexMom can help us come up with a great nickname for him? Tell us what he prefers and whatnot.

Foster looked amazing the other day. I have to admit that I was floored at all the running he was doing. Although, he ALMOST fumbled the ball but he put his other hand on it and kept it from coming out. Phew. I just hope that he can repeat his performances when it counts. Jerimiah Johnson also looked really good (and I am NOT on the JJ bandwagon).

Texan_Bill
08-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Geez the title isn't Aryan Nation and anybody familiar with the Texans should recognize the source for Arian even Kevin Walters fans.

:ahhaha:

Texas T
08-30-2010, 12:21 PM
I would have no problem annointing Arian Foster with the title of GRAND MARSHALL. Get him his white hat!

Lighten up some. You guys are too PC. It's just football. Maybe TexMexMom can help us come up with a great nickname for him? Tell us what he prefers and whatnot.
Foster looked amazing the other day. I have to admit that I was floored at all the running he was doing. Although, he ALMOST fumbled the ball but he put his other hand on it and kept it from coming out. Phew. I just hope that he can repeat his performances when it counts. Jerimiah Johnson also looked really good (and I am NOT on the JJ bandwagon).

Good call.

I was the first to jump on this thread and I took it as the joke it was meant to be. I would suck if TexMexMom or Arian himself took offense.
I know it was not meant that way...
I'm on the bandwagon. It really think between his play at the end of last year and what he's done so far this preseason he's going to have a great year.

Brisco_County
08-30-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm very far from being liberal or PC. My rants in NSZ attest to that. But I still find "Arian Nation" to be a disturbing joke within a fanbase of any sport. Pro sports doesn't have the same audience as a dark, edgy comedy club. It's not boundary-testing, envelope-pushing entertainment like South Park. It's a general audience. Even the South Park guys, who have written hilarious content involving racism, Nazis, and a number of other uncomfortable subjects, have said that such content and humor is inappropriate for mainstream presentation.

So in this case, a joke that references the Nazi ideology of the master race and ethnic dehumanization may not have a place within the fanbase of pro football. Just sayin'.

scourge
08-30-2010, 01:21 PM
The difference with Raider Nation is that the team is the Raiders. For us it'd be the Texan Nation, which would in a way make sense considering the seemingly yearly talk of secession. It's not about a players name which some may find offensive when used in this context. I do take this "Arian Nation" thing lightly, but I do agree that we shouldn't go there.

On a side note, if we had picked up CB Randall Gay a few years back when he was a FA and he did extremely well for us, would we be calling ourselves the "Gay Nation"

*edit* Or the "Weiner Nation" if we had Todd Weiner and he dominated for us as a left tackle...

The Pencil Neck
08-30-2010, 01:46 PM
On a side note, if we had picked up CB Randall Gay a few years back when he was a FA and he did extremely well for us, would we be calling ourselves the "Gay Nation"

*edit* Or the "Weiner Nation" if we had Todd Weiner and he dominated for us as a left tackle...

We'd be the damned Rainbow Coalition, biatch.

We could have had Faggins and Gay. And if we could have somehow gotten Heimerdinger as our OC... well... there you go.

brakos82
08-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Larger image (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3005/2959047460_2f0e5edc64_o.jpg)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3005/2959047460_99ee094759_z.jpg

Just sayin'.

Brisco_County
08-30-2010, 01:57 PM

Just sayin'.

Ha, ok I concede the debate.

I still can't believe that many people showed up for a preseason game. Reliant will be notorious in the minds of visiting teams this year.

See, Bud Adams, what you could've had if you weren't a douche?

StarStruck
08-30-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm going to hold the bottle of anointing oil for a few months. I remember too well how great both Dominic Davis and Steve Slaton both were before injuries became a problem. I do sincerely hope that Arian Foster does become an elite running back, I'm just not ready to call it now.

I will pass on both Arian Nation and Foster Kids.

NitroGSXR
08-30-2010, 08:04 PM

Just sayin'.
:spit:

HEIL HITLER!!!

(I just watched Valkyrie a couple hours ago...)

That's just too funny.

pbat488
08-31-2010, 10:01 PM
Probably been posted elsewhere but thought I'd add it in here in case anyone hasn't seen it from SI's Don Banks Winners and Losers (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/08/31/week.3/1.html)...

• WINNER -- Don't feel too badly for Houston in losing rookie rusher Ben Tate for the season. The Texans have themselves a legit No. 1 running back in Arian Foster, the undrafted ex-Tennessee Vol who continues to show he's for real. The 229-pound Foster ran 18 times for 110 yards (6.1 avg.) and a touchdown in Houston's humbling of Dallas Saturday night, becoming the first Texan back to ever crack triple digits in a preseason game.

Foster is no August mirage, either. In the last two games of his rookie season in 2009, he ran for 216 yards and three touchdowns in a pair of Texan wins against Miami and New England. Foster runs with an attitude and a downhill style, and he still can't believe that no one saw fit to draft him last year. Even though they love to throw it, look for the Texans to feed Foster the ball early and often, then use former starter Steve Slaton in a complementary change-of-pace role.

Marcus
09-01-2010, 02:47 PM
This isn't a case like the Washington Redskins, where the name became controversial after the name was given.
This is different. If there's even a remote possibilty that the name could be taken out of context by anyone . . . then it's not a good name.

Arian or Aryan, they are pronounced the same, cak.

TimeKiller
09-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Come on it's a little funny that his name is Arian....

....but let's not make a fan club out of a joke. Let's make a fan club out of his talents and successes, you know....real reasons.

cland
09-01-2010, 11:43 PM

Just sayin'.
I would like to say that I am in that picture. Texans 4 life.