PDA

View Full Version : Texans notes: Reliant:Airhorn installed to bring tailgaters in

Wolf
08-28-2010, 09:17 AM
New wrinkles in store

For fans who spend so much time tailgating they forget it's time for kickoff, the Texans will have a 170-decibel horn on top of Reliant Stadium that will sound 30 minutes and 15 minutes before kickoff.

Another new feature is a red zone area inside each gate for fans to purchase items $20 or less.

The Texans spent more than $2 million to improve concession stands, primarily so fans can get food and pay for it faster. Also, vendors can print receipts on the spot for the first time.

The Go Texans Store has undergone a face-lift, including an extension into Budweiser Plaza on game days.

The Texans also have upgraded the test message response system so they can respond to issues faster.

Smith earns starting nod

Wade Smith played well enough at left guard to warrant a second consecutive start in front of Kasey Studdard. Chris Myers owns the starting center job. Antoine Caldwell starts at right guard over Mike Brisiel.

The interior offensive line is an area of concern after last season's running woes.

"I think it has been a very good battle," Texans coach Gary Kubiak said. "Kasey and Mike will both play a great deal. It's been good competition, and we're getting close. I feel good about the progress up front."

Texans plates available

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7175339.html

Kaiser Toro
08-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Good, we need to those clowns out of the parking lot & grassy knoll and into their seats.

OzzO
08-28-2010, 09:42 AM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74676

I wonder what those $20 and under items are. Programs?

Craig.
08-28-2010, 10:03 AM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74676

I wonder what those $20 and under items are. Programs?

Training camp t-shirts and crap left over from the previous season, all size medium or less.

TexansBull
08-28-2010, 10:21 AM
Training camp t-shirts and crap left over from the previous season, all size medium or less.

Probably 2009 Rodeo Shirts

Wolf
08-28-2010, 10:22 AM
it will be interesting to see how the guards do against Ratliff and company

infantrycak
08-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Ummm this was my idea. I believe SheTexan, Texans Chick and Yankee in Texas and possibly DieHardChris were present as we all discussed the Bull Pen, web site and got off on to game day experience.

SheTexan
08-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Ummm this was my idea. I believe SheTexan, Texans Chick and Yankee in Texas and possibly DieHardChris were present as we all discussed the Bull Pen, web site and got off on to game day experience.

You are correct Cak! Just hope this helps! It's gonna be a HOT one today! Hopefully, everyone will be headed in to get a little AC. I know I will!!

TexansBlood
08-28-2010, 12:16 PM
I wonder how loud the horn will sound. Guess ill find out today:horn:

Wolf
08-28-2010, 12:24 PM
I wonder how loud the horn will sound. Guess ill find out today:horn:

6. Space Shuttle Launch

Shuttle-Launch

When the rockets fire, it is wise and, in fact, fully enforced, that you stand at least a half-mile away lest you get inundated by 165-170 decibels of painful sound. Unlike many other loud noises, the shuttle rocket sound is constant as it creates the thrust necessary to lift it from the ground.

http://listverse.com/2007/11/30/top-10-loudest-noises/

Texans_Chick
08-28-2010, 03:09 PM
The horn is a good idea. But they should start blowing it every fifteen minutes starting 1 hour before kickoff. If you are just starting to pack up your tailgate stuff 30/15 minutes prior to the game, you will have a big problem getting to your seats by kickoff, especially if your parking space is far away or if you are on the upper decks.

The escalators/ramps just get too crowded near game time to move big groups of people. The time it takes to get to your seats is underestimated by a lot of fans because the stadium looks so close.

El Tejano
08-28-2010, 03:29 PM
I boo the fans for this. It should never have to come to this to get you to go to the game.

Carr Bombed
08-28-2010, 05:50 PM
I boo the fans for this. It should never have to come to this to get you to go to the game.

Blame the tailgating and the price of beer inside the stadium. We're some drinking fools here in Texas and $0.00 is alot better than $8.00..

I'm not going to lie, there were times where I'd wait until the last second too, but I was always in my seat before kickoff.

I love the horn idea.......I think it'll add something to our tradition and stadium. I wish we could get that old air raid horn for when we score too. (Only on big plays though)

TheMatrix31
08-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Such a great idea. Its unique, as CB says....adds character to our stadium and aura. Really cool.

Boy, I gotta make it out to Reliant one of these days. Living in Los Angeles is a killer in every single way. Argh.

Tailgate
08-29-2010, 09:27 AM
Did they do this yesterday? I assume either they did and I didnt hear anything, or they are waiting until regular season.

Lucky
08-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Did they do this yesterday? I assume either they did and I didnt hear anything, or they are waiting until regular season.
I didn't hear anything in the yellow lot. But, we did have the music pretty loud.

Seems to me most were in their seats by kickoff. A very good crowd for a preseason game.

Stemp
08-29-2010, 01:15 PM
I was walking in from Platinum lot at 6:30 and I heard nothing. Didn't hearing anything at 6:45 either.

Driving back at 11pm and listening to 610, the guys mentioned they didn't hear anything either.

False Start
08-29-2010, 01:18 PM
They could just get a bunch of VY whiners together, and use them. You could hear them from miles away.

Norg
08-29-2010, 01:24 PM
they should just give us thoes soccer horns LOL that would totaly throw of the other teams offensive :P

brakos82
08-29-2010, 01:56 PM
they should just give us thoes soccer horns LOL that would totaly throw of the other teams offensive :P

I've already got a blue one.

TexansBlood
08-29-2010, 05:22 PM
I didn't hear any horn yesterday either.... I was in the yellow lot.

SheTexan
08-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Heard the horn walking in from Platinum at 1830. Lots of noise from all the LOUD tailgater's along that walk, but, I heard it loud and clear. BUT, I was listening for it also, not concentrating on something else.

False Start
08-29-2010, 07:14 PM
They should sound off the Dukes of Hazzard horn.