PDA

View Full Version : Bernard Pollard on Jim Rome

ubecool454
08-26-2010, 07:47 PM
I forgot Pollard was on Jim Rome today. I heard at 12pm that he would be on later and totally forgot. Did anyone happen to catch him on?

J_R
08-26-2010, 07:51 PM
It was actually Josh Innes hosting the Jim Rome show ;)

Anyhow,

http://kilt.cbslocal.com/2010/08/26/josh-innes-guest-host-for-rome-again/

ubecool454
08-26-2010, 07:57 PM

Anyhow,

Yeah I know Rome wasn't in but I couldn't remember who was hosting today..thanks.

False Start
08-26-2010, 08:13 PM
He sounds very confident. I heart Bi-Pollard!

JB
08-26-2010, 08:16 PM
He sounds very confident. I heart Bi-Pollard!

Check out my sig!

GP
08-26-2010, 10:03 PM
I half-joke here, when I say this, but I often wonder how long it will take before the indifference and mediocrity of the defensive line will wear down the Cush and Pollard?

It's so hard to push CHANGE when there's a contingency that's holding out. Does anybody here also feel like our LBs and our DBs are a cohesive unit, and the defensive line is like this malcontent child that drags his feet and is disagreeable because he's being made to get a haircut and maybe try on shoes at a store Saturday morning? He doesn't make a big scene about it, but he also isn't exactly enthused about the idea of a wasted Saturday morning. Passive-aggressive in a way. "I'll go, but you ain't gonna' see me smile about it...'

Pollard runs that secondary.

Cushing (and DeMeco, too) run that LB squad.

But the defensive line should be Mario's bunch...and yet it feels like they're not the same grade as the LBs and DBs. They look like a bunch of mopey-dopey misfits who go through the motions out there.

Got no stats or quotes. Just observation and feelings on it.

HJam72
08-26-2010, 10:12 PM
I don't think it's the whole D-Line, but you're right.

Norg
08-26-2010, 10:17 PM
so what did he say recap plz

HJam72
08-26-2010, 10:19 PM
He said the D-Line sucks and we're tired of it.

PS-It wouldn't surprise me much. It is Pollard.

Norg
08-26-2010, 10:22 PM
the problem is the Middle AMobi and Cody its obvs now thats the problem

i think our DE are fine

TimeKiller
08-26-2010, 10:29 PM
GP nailed it.

And Amobi Okoye is the worst pick of all freaking time. Not because he sucks, no, not that. Well...that...but because of who we passed on. The picks following him are ridiculous and continues to disappoint. I'd love for Earl Mitchell to burst on the scene but I think this is going to be a tight year for rookies trying to get playing time. DT is a problem that's taking away from an otherwise stout defense.

Tailgate
08-26-2010, 10:30 PM
Again, we had a very solid D over the last 13 games last year. I have no reason not to expect more of the same this year despite last weekend. I think our secondary will be stronger overall, second year DC better than first, Connor Barwin could be a solid addition with more playing time, etc,etc.... Cush missing 4 games being the big worry.

Norg
08-26-2010, 11:37 PM
Of course our secondary will be better no more Dunta !!!!!!!!!!!!! getting burned and torched

imatexan
08-27-2010, 02:56 AM
Of course our secondary will be better no more Dunta !!!!!!!!!!!!! getting burned and torched

So you really think we are a better team without Dunta?

I can see that it was his time to leave and not worth the money but in no way does his departure make this team better!

HJam72
08-27-2010, 03:56 AM
I think we're a better team without Dunta as our #1 CB, but I'd love to have his as our #2.

Dwade
08-27-2010, 05:53 AM

:thinking:

I would take Dunta over our #2...I may not like the guy but he is talented.

False Start
08-27-2010, 07:20 AM
Check out my sig!

Thats Nice! :bravo: ;)

JWarren14
08-27-2010, 09:54 AM
Swagtastic bi-pollard

HoustonFrog
08-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Am I the only one bothered by Pollard a little? For years people, myself included, said the team needed more attitude and swagger, etc. Pollard brought talent, swagger and attitude....but he also brought a constantly running mouth with alot of claims to backup. There is a fine line between being a great sound byte/defensive leader/attitude leader and a mouthy talent with attitude. Sometimes he rides that line for me. Don't state your going to show the Saints who the better team is and then tank. He may have done his part but as a leader he has to have them prepared. Lead and then talk. Talk on the field for all I care. I like that. Just don't be a human quote machine for being badass and then falter. I'd just rather he be the attitudinal assassin without so much pregame talk. I can see how this might wear some down.

HOU-TEX
08-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Am I the only one bothered by Pollard a little? For years people, myself included, said the team needed more attitude and swagger, etc. Pollard brought talent, swagger and attitude....but he also brought a constantly running mouth with alot of claims to backup. There is a fine line between being a great sound byte/defensive leader/attitude leader and a mouthy talent with attitude. Sometimes he rides that line for me. Don't state your going to show the Saints who the better team is and then tank. He may have done his part but as a leader he has to have them prepared. Lead and then talk. Talk on the field for all I care. I like that. Just don't be a human quote machine for being badass and then falter. I'd just rather he be the attitudinal assassin without so much pregame talk. I can see how this might wear some down.

It doesn't really bother me, but I've never really got into all the talk, swagger or whatever you want to call it. If that's what it takes to perform on the field, so be it, but expect to get reamed when the performance sucks

BTW, Josh Innes is a moron

False Start
08-27-2010, 10:40 AM
BTW, Josh Innes is a moron

:bravo:

DexmanC
08-27-2010, 10:47 AM

I feel everything you sayin' with that. Hell, I even started a thread about
it after Pollard's first week on the field. Dude talks a good game, and the
media eats his quotes like a buffet, but HIS d-line gave neither he
nor the Linebackers ANY protection Saturday night. It was sickening
to see the Saints O-line just steamroll our DB's and LB's all night long.

Like it or not, how the Texans show against the Cowboys will determine how
the Colts, Redskins, Cowboys (again), and Raiders attack the Texans.
There isn't a SINGLE easy victory in that first-four, and you need to go
AT LEAST 2-2 to give yourself a chance. The Raiders were a Jamarcus
away from a decent season, and they have a ton of talent all over the
field.

If the Texans get off to a slow start, all of that inspiring talk will turn
to blabber very quickly.

Brisco_County
08-27-2010, 12:40 PM

Pollard is the reason we had a winning season last year. 102 tackles (81 solo), 1.5 sacks, 4 interceptions, and 2 defensive touchdowns-- All in 13 games. He picked off the best QB's and stonewalled the best RB's we faced.

Pollard can run his mouth all he wants at this point.

BigBull17
08-27-2010, 12:41 PM
GP nailed it.

And Amobi Okoye is the worst pick of all freaking time. Not because he sucks, no, not that. Well...that...but because of who we passed on. The picks following him are ridiculous and continues to disappoint. I'd love for Earl Mitchell to burst on the scene but I think this is going to be a tight year for rookies trying to get playing time. DT is a problem that's taking away from an otherwise stout defense.

Amobi is awful, but there are alot of picks to say he is the worst of all time. He is 100% my least favorite Texan of all time. Bar none.

The Pencil Neck
08-27-2010, 12:50 PM

I've never been a big fan of talk. I like Pollard because he was a serious upgrade at our SS spot. I would have liked him even if he hadn't opened his mouth at all.

His little quotes and everything are good for a laugh here and there and the press loves that. But I could see guys wanting him to shut up some times. He's like our own li'l Joey Porter/John Randle.

BigBull17
08-27-2010, 01:10 PM
I've never been a big fan of talk. I like Pollard because he was a serious upgrade at our SS spot. I would have liked him even if he hadn't opened his mouth at all.

His little quotes and everything are good for a laugh here and there and the press loves that. But I could see guys wanting him to shut up some times. He's like our own li'l Joey Porter/John Randle.

Its a refreshing change from the polite guys we have always had on our team. I like a guy with swagger and attitude.

rmartin65
08-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Its a refreshing change from the polite guys we have always had on our team. I like a guy with swagger and attitude.

There is a difference between having a swagger and attitude and being a loud mouthed punk. I am not saying Pollard is yet, but he does talk quite a bit. More than is necessary.

ChampionTexan
08-27-2010, 01:28 PM

Haven't I heard one of the Texans Defensive players say that when the D is on the field, nobody - BP included - talks more than Cushing?

beerlover
08-27-2010, 01:31 PM
There is a difference between having a swagger and attitude and being a loud mouthed punk. I am not saying Pollard is yet, but he does talk quite a bit. More than is necessary.

there had to be some reason KC just released him :thinking: given the Texans demeanor he is most welcome & gets the BL seal of approval :wesmantexanfan:

Rey
08-27-2010, 01:35 PM

The difference between those two is consistently winning your battles.

Ali talked all the time. But he got in the ring and knocked people out. That was entertaining.

HoustonFrog
08-27-2010, 01:38 PM

there had to be some reason KC just released him :thinking: given the Texans demeanor he is most welcome & gets the BL seal of approval :wesmantexanfan:

All of you had some points that added to my initial post. I agree that after being "soooo nice" it is good to have some attitude. I even like guys that can talk on the field and back it up. Ray Lewis talks and I like it.... alot of guys talk. What I don't like is constant talk where pregame you are throwing crap out day and night and in the end it looks dumb post game. Be confident. Have swagger. Talk about how the D is confident. Play like crazed dogs and talk on the field. Just don't be a human sound byte where the bark is worse than the bite. Again it is a fine line. I wonder when it get to a point where it ruffles feathers. Now Cushing is another story. The guy talks on the field. Backs it and then afterward works his ass off and is quiet. That is a swagger that is good. I don't like bulletin board stuff if it is a 50/50 deal each week on how it turns out.

Big Lou
08-27-2010, 01:52 PM
I half-joke here, when I say this, but I often wonder how long it will take before the indifference and mediocrity of the defensive line will wear down the Cush and Pollard?

It's so hard to push CHANGE when there's a contingency that's holding out. Does anybody here also feel like our LBs and our DBs are a cohesive unit, and the defensive line is like this malcontent child that drags his feet and is disagreeable because he's being made to get a haircut and maybe try on shoes at a store Saturday morning? He doesn't make a big scene about it, but he also isn't exactly enthused about the idea of a wasted Saturday morning. Passive-aggressive in a way. "I'll go, but you ain't gonna' see me smile about it...'

Pollard runs that secondary.

Cushing (and DeMeco, too) run that LB squad.

But the defensive line should be Mario's bunch...and yet it feels like they're not the same grade as the LBs and DBs. They look like a bunch of mopey-dopey misfits who go through the motions out there.

Got no stats or quotes. Just observation and feelings on it.

I think the reason Cush and Pollard play so angry is because of the D-Line! I think they prefer a weak D-Line, they don't want anyone getting thier tackles. They want to lay the wood!!!! J/K!

HJam72
08-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Mixed feelings.

1) It's a little unfair to always take a few of the best players on the field and then expect them to be "leaders" and blame them for bad play by others. We should be glad any time they TRY to lead, because they don't have to.

2) For the most part, I don't really think that Pollard is a trash-talker. I don't count on the field stuff like Cushing does. I'm talking about things said to the media. I saw where he apparently said something to the media about showing something to the Saints....and I do agree that was a mistake. Mostly though, I think he just calls it like he sees it and isn't afraid to speak his mind, like when he basically said during the Saints game that they (the first stringers) basically sucked (not quoting) and that he himself missed a few tackles. I respect that and don't have any problem with it. It's much better than just using stupid cliches and gutlessly trying not to say anything wrong.

3) I don't actually want anybody on this team talking trash to the media at any time. That's just brainless, and talking trash that way will not make the team any better. If it did, AJ would be a liability instead of the best non-QB in the league and maybe the best receiver EVER. What I'm hearing Pollard did before the Saints game is bad, but it's the first one I've heard of and it doesn't sound horrible or anything.

Talk straight, but don't talk *(&) (at least to the media). I think Pollard does that for the most part.

Malloy
08-27-2010, 04:07 PM

Anyhow,

holy shiiite, that's one fired up mf.

ok, we have our defensive leader, time to beat up offenses :)

Malloy
08-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Mixed feelings.

1) It's a little unfair to always take a few of the best players on the field and then expect them to be "leaders" and blame them for bad play by others. We should be glad any time they TRY to lead, because they don't have to.

2) For the most part, I don't really think that Pollard is a trash-talker. I don't count on the field stuff like Cushing does. I'm talking about things said to the media. I saw where he apparently said something to the media about showing something to the Saints....and I do agree that was a mistake. Mostly though, I think he just calls it like he sees it and isn't afraid to speak his mind, like when he basically said during the Saints game that they (the first stringers) basically sucked (not quoting) and that he himself missed a few tackles. I respect that and don't have any problem with it. It's much better than just using stupid cliches and gutlessly trying not to say anything wrong.

3) I don't actually want anybody on this team talking trash to the media at any time. That's just brainless, and talking trash that way will not make the team any better. If it did, AJ would be a liability instead of the best non-QB in the league and maybe the best receiver EVER. What I'm hearing Pollard did before the Saints game is bad, but it's the first one I've heard of and it doesn't sound horrible or anything.

Talk straight, but don't talk *(&) (at least to the media). I think Pollard does that for the most part.

Just for the record (and a drunk one at that), I agree completely!

Cheers! :)

False Start
08-27-2010, 04:25 PM
I have no problem with BP's smack talk. Hes actually a very well spoken nice guy when hes not on the football field. I just hope he can back up all that smack he talks.

powerfuldragon
08-28-2010, 07:53 PM
I...
It's so hard to push CHANGE when there's a contingency that's ...

i's gonna say you sound like obama there.

False Start
11-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Pollard will be on Rome again in the 12:00 hour.

TexansSeminole
11-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Jim Rome:

Stop, please stop.

Signed,

Courtney Feminine

Malloy
11-29-2010, 11:20 AM
Pollard will be on Rome again in the 12:00 hour.

When is that, Houston time (-7 for me)

TexansSeminole
11-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Jim Rome:

Stop, please stop.

Signed,

Courtney Feminine

Now he is talking about how FSU destroyed Florida.

Is this radio show made for me?

NitroGSXR
11-29-2010, 11:26 AM
What station is it on? I don't see Rome is Burning in my guide. Does he even still have that show? I generallly keep my tv tuned to the NFL network at all times. I just wanna watch football. Nothing else.

False Start
11-29-2010, 11:27 AM
When is that, Houston time (-7 for me)

In about, an hour and a half.

You can listen to the stream on SR610 (http://player.radio.com/player/RadioPlayer.php).

Malloy
11-29-2010, 12:01 PM
In about, an hour and a half.

You can listen to the stream on SR610 (http://player.radio.com/player/RadioPlayer.php).

Roger, thanks mate :)

False Start
11-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Its on now.

b0ng
11-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Has Andre's back.

Doesn't know much about Finnegan. Doesn't want to know.

Talking about winning out.

DerekLee1
11-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Has Andre's back.

Doesn't know much about Finnegan. Doesn't want to know.

Talking about winning out.

Also about how Coach is in their faces about getting it together and winning games. (good to hear, as a lot of folks on this board think Kubiak doesn't get emotional enough)

b0ng
11-29-2010, 12:49 PM
Also about how Coach is in their faces about getting it together and winning games. (good to hear, as a lot of folks on this board think Kubiak doesn't get emotional enough)

Probably feels like deja vu from the last 3 seasons.

Malloy
11-29-2010, 01:02 PM
For some reason I'm not allowed to listen to 610 overseas anymore :(

[Edit] I can listen to the commercials, but not the live feed... wtf? :)

Surreal McCoy
11-29-2010, 02:32 PM
For some reason I'm not allowed to listen to 610 overseas anymore :(

[Edit] I can listen to the commercials, but not the live feed... wtf? :)

http://radiointelligence.com/2010/02/16/cbs-radio-ends-international-streaming/

Malloy
11-29-2010, 02:51 PM
http://radiointelligence.com/2010/02/16/cbs-radio-ends-international-streaming/

Thanks mate, too bad though!

Surreal McCoy
11-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Thanks mate, too bad though!

This should do the trick

http://www.hotspotshield.com/

Relatively safe, but that's largely dependant on the information you store locally.