PDA

View Full Version : No Blue Jerseys for Dallas Cowboys This Year

worldlyman
08-26-2010, 06:26 PM
...except for the throwback Thanksgiving game.

http://www.cowboys-forum.com/showthread.php?8633-No-Blue-Jerseys-this-year!/page2

It seems like most of their fans are happy about that. Good for them. The Cowboys do have "nice" uniforms. But they look "proper" in their white jerseys. The blue jerseys are OK.

The thing with the Cowboys uniforms, is that the colors don't mirror each other appropriately. Some parts are metallic blue, royal blue...the pants with the white uniforms look "greenish" on HD, the pants with the blue jersey are actually silver...

But I'm glad our Texans, the most uniform conscious NFL team, will use a variety.

They look great in the basic varieties: Liberty White, Deep Steel Blue and Battle Red jerseys with the white trousers. (I just don't care for the all-blue, all-red and all-white look). I'm glad they got rid of the "red socks" for the white jersey-blue pants combo.

And the Texans colors do mirror each other appropriately.

I think our Texans use a basic color scheme but as someone with a graphic design degree, I must say in the context of the team name...Houston has a great design.

Ryan
08-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Yep, this thread is proof that real football can't get here soon enough.

Kulluminatii
08-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Yep, this thread is proof that real football can't get here soon enough.

:spit:

I do agree with worldlyman though, the Texans have some pretty nice unis (I personally love the all Steel Blue ones). IMO, the greatest uni of all time would be the Raiders throwbacks -

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/173325/4b6da6a05f40cb9455ad25708a82fb8a-getty-.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/San+Diego+Chargers+v+Oakland+Raiders+2yiclB65ZRZl. jpg
So beautiful! :cry2:

BigWig
08-27-2010, 10:09 AM
I think the Cowboys have a jinx in their blue, and they feel superstitious about it. I heard they always lose in the blue and they like the white because it has a "good guy" image.
Pssssst this was from a Cowbys fan here at work.:voodoo:

HoustonFrog
08-27-2010, 10:17 AM
I think the Cowboys have a jinx in their blue, and they feel superstitious about it. I heard they always lose in the blue and they like the white because it has a "good guy" image.
Pssssst this was from a Cowbys fan here at work.:voodoo:

Going back to the 70s the blue jersey jinx was always a theme. Even the 60s from what I read. They actually decided to wear white at home..unlike most other teams...so they could see the colors of the away team. Tex Schramm talked about it many times. It was marketing and he wanted the fans to be able to identify the teams coming to play in their colors while the Cowboys wore the whites. The Skins actually have done this over the years and are changing back to their colors this year.

Dread-Head
08-27-2010, 10:27 AM
The Cowboys and their Uniforms? Okay I read something somewhere that said teams in lighter colors don't get penalized as much. But insofar as the Cowboys are concerned (tuning guitar) I think my thoughts can best be articulated in a song. (strumming opening chord)

"When I was young...
I used to wait...
on massa and hand him his plate...
and pass the bottle when he got dry...
a victim of the blue-tailed fly.

JIMMY CRACK CORN..."and I think you know the rest.