PDA

View Full Version : JJ to return punts

C Madd
08-26-2010, 11:28 AM
With rookie Trindon Holliday out of the picture because of thumb surgery, the incumbent, Jacoby Jones, will return punts for the Texans despite what's hoped to be an increased role for him as the third receiver.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7171889.html

This seemed obvious, but I didn't see it posted.

The Pencil Neck
08-26-2010, 12:25 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7171889.html

This seemed obvious, but I didn't see it posted.

Yeah but for me, the interesting thing is what they're going to do with the kick offs.

If we can continue to return kicks like we did against the Saints, that's going to be some pretty amazing field position.

Not that we should be returning that many kicks during the season... :texflag:

BIG TORO
08-26-2010, 12:31 PM
I like it he is explosive, I really dont care who returns, as long as it is not Davis.

ATXtexanfan
08-26-2010, 12:35 PM
well jj does bring some excitement to returns

gtexan02
08-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Anyone else the thrad meant they had re signed jj moses?

Ive been a fan too long :(

gafftop
08-26-2010, 12:43 PM
If JJ continues to improve and becomes a true No. 2 receiver, I am not real thrilled about exposing him to additional risk of injury returning punts. Plus his judgement has not been the best in the past. Of course if he matures as a pass receiver hopefully he will mature as a punt returner.

Texan_Bill
08-26-2010, 12:48 PM
well jj does bring some excitement to returns

Yeah but sometimes I'm not sure that I enjoy that "excitement"! :eek:

Thorn
08-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Yeah but sometimes I'm not sure that I enjoy that "excitement"! :eek:

:lol:

steelbtexan
08-26-2010, 01:01 PM
Hopefully they will sign a vet like Allen Rossum at the end of TC.

So JJ can concetrate fully on becoming the best WR he can be.

HJam72
08-26-2010, 01:26 PM
I like it he is explosive, I really dont care who returns, as long as it is not Davis.

Why? I don't remember, did he fumble a lot when last doing it? I remember he was awfully good at it at one time. Course, that was mostly KO returns, not punts.

DexmanC
08-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Why? I don't remember, did he fumble a lot when last doing it? I remember he was awfully good at it at one time. Course, that was mostly KO returns, not punts.

Andre Davis has really good top end speed, but piss-poor accelleration.

TexanSam
08-26-2010, 01:47 PM

The best thing that happened to Andre Davis was returning those 2 kicks for TDs a few years ago. Hasn't really done much since

BigBull17
08-26-2010, 01:51 PM

And he runs strait. Be it open field or the back of a player. Turns like an aircraft carrier.

Brandon420tx
08-26-2010, 01:51 PM
What happened to Sherrick Mcmannis and Slaton returning punts?

TimeKiller
08-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Yeah ADavis was good AT ONE TIME but that time is no more. Run to the 20 and fall down isn't cutting it because I can do that. Also, he's like the 6th WR on the chart at best. Roster spots are very valuable so you can spend one on a guy who is a marginal KR/marginal WR or let your depth/special teams guys who can do AT LEAST as good of a job as AD did take over and save the spot for a guy who might actually have some sort of impact on the season other than collecting checks. Liiiiiiike Shelly Smith.

badboy
08-26-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't like this. JJ finally seems to be solidifying his role as WR then this distraction?

Texans34Life
08-26-2010, 02:24 PM
I just hope he can hold onto the ball and then see his mama afterwards.

cuppacoffee
08-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Anyone else the thread meant they had re signed jj moses?

Ive been a fan too long :(

Then there is... Johnson, Jeremiah he didn't look to shabby when given the chance.

Using Jacoby instead.........I wonder if this puts Jeremiahs spot on the roster in jeopardy?

:coffee:..( always reading between the lines, quite often incorrectly )

BigBull17
08-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Yeah ADavis was good AT ONE TIME but that time is no more. Run to the 20 and fall down isn't cutting it because I can do that. Also, he's like the 6th WR on the chart at best. Roster spots are very valuable so you can spend one on a guy who is a marginal KR/marginal WR or let your depth/special teams guys who can do AT LEAST as good of a job as AD did take over and save the spot for a guy who might actually have some sort of impact on the season other than collecting checks. Liiiiiiike Shelly Smith.

Dre Davis was good with a wedge.

SheTexan
08-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Oh damn!! Heart attack just waiting to happen!! Someone take a poll as to how many points he surrenders due to fumbles!!!? NOT a good idea IMHO, but, who cares about anyone elses opinion anyway!:headhurts:

beerlover
08-26-2010, 05:22 PM
field postion is important in defensive tussle could be difference maker, therefore best player available should be used. I would not be surprised when teams make roster cuts the Texans steal someone off another teams practice squad either :kitten:

JB
08-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Oh damn!! Heart attack just waiting to happen!! Someone take a poll as to how many points he surrenders due to fumbles!!!? NOT a good idea IMHO, but, who cares about anyone elses opinion anyway!:headhurts:

Just helps to keep the blood flowing Gma!