PDA

View Full Version : What I'll Be Looking For Against The Cowboys

gary
08-25-2010, 08:25 PM
I thought I would do a little break down of my own for the Dallas game so just bare with me here I go.

First, I will be on the look out for much improved run defence after the game in N.O. I hope overall the D comes out looking more into the game and ready to game and ready to go from the on set. They did it against the Cards so if they really are improved they will do it again. It does not matter if it is a preseason or not the Texans are playing so called America's team? Is that true anymore? I don't know but regardless the third preseason game for most teams is their final test before the real deal also many have the Cowboys high on their list to make the Superbowl.

So, I want to see a true smash mouth balls to the wall type of football game on both sides of the football not just on one side or the other. They have to put the Saints game all behind them and move on. Now I will proceed to one on one battles below.

I would like to see Davis, Jones, or Slaton take charge on kick off and punt return in the abcence of Trindon.

As for Amobi I saw some nice push and rotation from him so I hope he continues to improve on that but the other DT's have to produce more. There was not a whole lot from that group overall against the Saints.

The best RB right now is clearly Foster but I'll be looking for Slaton to run better. It is really time for him and JJ to show Gary they could get the job done without Ben Tate. Or, does some one like Moats come a calling again for deapth?

The D line must have a better preformence together and put any kind of Presure on Romo. They also must put fourth a better effort of stopping the run as well IMO.

Moving on to the secondary now Kareem Jackson played pretty decent in his first game and for paying the Saints. Who will be the stater on the other of him? Will Jackson play even better or just play the same. I'll just keep a close eye on him.

I will take note of the run blocking and pass protection and see how long each QB has to throw. And the lanes that may or may not open up for all three running backs if any.

DanO will be the last player I look at he made some good passes last Saturday night. Is he going to build on the postives or not? We shall see against the Cowboys at home that should tell us a lot not just about Dan but also where the team stands overall.

There are other small matchups to watch for like TE with Owen, James, and Joel ect. But every Texans fan knows this team is stacked at TE. Kicker is what is I am not going to even try to guess who the kicker will be on September 12th because I just don't know right now. None of us know.

So, there you have my take on the game this Saturday I will hope for very sound improvements in the game even if those lose in the end. Just please show some guts in this game against their I45 North rival is all I ask of my team as a fan.

Anyway, This took me awhile to type so I hope you enjoy my take on the first home game of the season. This is not a pro or anti team post I just want to post this for chatter and see what all of you think. Please post any thoughts or comments you have on this topic. Again, hope you enjoy it.

gary
08-25-2010, 08:58 PM
What do you say?

Big Lou
08-25-2010, 11:07 PM
What I want to see is pure domination by Houston.

However I will settle for some intensity of the Defense. The Offense wasn't on the field enough to really go after to much last saturday. Sure there were some mistakes, but this offense can dig itself a big hole and find a way to pull it together, they did it a lot last year.

The defense looked like it didn't want to be in New Orleans last week, this needs to change before week one.

The Pencil Neck
08-25-2010, 11:55 PM
I'll be watching the lines. I'll be watching our interior OL and our interior DL.

I'll be hoping that we don't have any injuries. We seemed so fat at some positions before camp and now... ouch.

I'm going to be looking at our run game. Dallas has been giving up 3.3 ypc so far and I want to see how our 1's look. I'd like to see Jeremiah get some minutes.

And I think this will be a good test of Kareem. I'm hoping he does well.

ATXtexanfan
08-25-2010, 11:59 PM
wanna see us against a 3-4

The Pencil Neck
08-26-2010, 12:08 AM

We did pretty well against the Cardinals.

76Texan
08-26-2010, 12:33 AM
What do you say?
That's a lot of typing there, Gary! :clap:
And a lot of good thoughts, too.
Except that I won't bare it with you no matter how much you beg! LOL!

On a side note:
I will be watching the cheerleaders! :pop:

BSofA04
08-26-2010, 01:39 AM
I want to see Slaton hold on to the football and create space in traffic like he did two years ago.

I'd like to see the Cowboy offense continue to struggle in the redzone like they have all preseason.

Other than that, I'd like to see James Casey catch a few touchdowns, but I'll settle for is continued improvement.

HJam72
08-26-2010, 01:54 AM
I'd like to see more of Shelley Smith and Antoine Caldwell and less of Wade Smith and Kasey Studdard (unless its a Goal-line situation or something).

Dwade
08-26-2010, 07:25 AM
I think both teams will use pretty vanilla plays since they play each other week 3.

Anyways, I'm gonna see if the run defense can do better than that atrocity last week.

Grams
08-26-2010, 09:48 AM
I just want to see the Texans defense TACKLE someone - actually anyone would be nice.

gary
08-26-2010, 09:54 AM
That's a lot of typing there, Gary! :clap:
And a lot of good thoughts, too.
Except that I won't bare it with you no matter how much you beg! LOL!

On a side note:
I will be watching the cheerleaders! :pop:When I type it's all with one finger so it takes me an very long time due to the rough time I have using my hands but I punch out whatever I can.

Texan_Bill
08-26-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm sticking with what I said in another thread...

This game is going to be CRAP. It will be boring. I don't expect to see much out of either team.

Neither team will game-plan for the other. Neither team will be willing to show too much since they play each other in a few weeks in a game that counts towards either both team's regular season.

Cocktail, please!!!

HuttoKarl
08-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Well...considering Dallas is averaging about 2.8 yards per carry this preseason, I'd like to see Houston crush their running game and jump out to an early lead. Once they're forced to pass, we can let Mario take advantage of their crap O-line and send Romo in for a dirt nap.

If Dallas is able to run the ball like New Orleans, then I'll say we're in for a long season.

stevn8r
08-26-2010, 10:28 AM

It seemed last year we struggled against the 3-4's
I just would like to see our D-line get in the back field and abuse Romo...hopefully they can do that regularly due to the injuries the Cowgurls have suffered

Ckw
08-26-2010, 10:30 AM
All I care about is seeing us actually be able to tackle somebody. Way too many missed tackles in the saints game and if it happens again, it will be very hard to not be discouraged.

HOU-TEX
08-26-2010, 10:41 AM
I want to see gang-tackling, smeer the queer, kill the man with the ball type attitude.

I want effort!

No turnovers!

And, for Pete's sake, no more freakin injuries

The Pencil Neck
08-26-2010, 11:45 AM
I'd be fine with the 1's only playing a quarter of this game. But they'll probably play 3.

Texan_Bill
08-26-2010, 11:50 AM
I want to see gang-tackling, smeer the queer, kill the man with the ball type attitude.

I want effort!

No turnovers!

And, for Pete's sake, no more freakin injuries

Thank GOD you didn't post this in the NSZ..... :choke:

Ole Miss Texan
08-26-2010, 11:55 AM
What I'll Be Looking For Against The Cowboys:

http://www.beermansez.com/images/MillerLite.gif

Texan_Bill
08-26-2010, 11:58 AM
What I'll Be Looking For Against The Cowboys:

http://www.beermansez.com/images/MillerLite.gif

My Saturday night:

http://dinas-restaurant.com/6-Beer-Princess.gif

J_R
08-26-2010, 03:32 PM
HoustonTexans (http://twitter.com/HoustonTexans)

"(Antwaun) Molden should be able to play in this game, (Dorin) Dickerson probably not." - Coach Kubiak on injuries.

HoustonTexans (http://twitter.com/HoustonTexans)

"It's going to go to the wire." - Coach Kubiak on kicking battle b/w Rackers and Brown

gary
08-26-2010, 05:25 PM
I hope both teams play like we all know they should so everyone knows where they stand as a unit.

b0ng
08-26-2010, 05:32 PM
I'll be watching Kareem and that's about it really. Maybe other guys whom I didn't have pegged as a starter this season if they make it in the game.

I think it's pretty silly to have our "Dress Rehearsal" game against a team we're going to see again in roughly a month.

Rey
08-26-2010, 05:37 PM
I'll be looking to see how the team plays. If they come out with more fire than last week then that'll make me feel a little better about the team.

ubecool454
08-26-2010, 08:34 PM
I'll be watching Kareem Jackson/Austin/whoever matchup and Duane Brown/Demarcus Ware and of course Pollard and Nolan.

gary
08-26-2010, 10:19 PM
I'll be watching Kareem Jackson/Austin/whoever matchup and Duane Brown/Demarcus Ware and of course Pollard and Nolan.
Good ones.

Wolf6151
08-26-2010, 10:29 PM
I'll be concentrating my attention on Kareem Jackson and on the O-line both of which will be critical to the kind of season we have this year.

GP
08-26-2010, 10:42 PM
I'll be looking for the Texans. Because I hope the group of phonies who pretended to be the Texans (last week) don't hijack the field and pretend to be NFL players again.

I think the Bull Pen guys took the real players hostage and suited up against the Saints. That's all I got.

If these guys fail to make plays, and to show some heart and focus out there, then I will heavily consider enacting the lime-green soap. Kubiak will have earned it, IMO. You're playing an in-state team, at home, and you're coming off a horrible game the previous week.

This game is going to be very revealing. Of course, unless, the Texans are just trying different stuff and being stealthy and all. I mean, you need every edge you can get when you're going to turn around and play them in the reg season. Uh, NO...you don't...you need to go out there and kick their ass every time and show EVERYTHING you're going to do. Because I doubt the Colts sit back and tell Manning to "not show everything" so that those pesky Texans can't beat us the "next time." Right? No. They show us everything, saying "You can't beat us even if you knew the freaking play we are going to run on every down all game long. Eat it, and LIKE it." That's how they roll.

Texans better play like it means something. Period.