PDA

View Full Version : Colt McCoy may be waived

Spled
08-25-2010, 04:29 PM
The shotgun spread offense doesn't really translate to the pro's - http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Could-the-Browns-cut-Colt-McCoy-?urn=nfl-265084

The1ApplePie
08-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Maybe they are hoping for practice squad.

Rey
08-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Man...If they cut any of those guys I think I'd take them over Orvlosky..Delhomme, Wallace or colt

gwallaia
08-25-2010, 05:02 PM
This is a shock to me.

I think Colt McCoy is going to develop into a very good NFL QB. And I think Cleveland is the place for him to do it.

Texecutioner
08-25-2010, 05:09 PM
This is a shock to me.

I think Colt McCoy is going to develop into a very good NFL QB. And I think Cleveland is the place for him to do it.

It won't be a shock to me at all. I've said since Colt's Junior season that I didn't see him ever being a NFL QB. He doesn't seem tall enough and his arm isn't strong enough to me either. People like to site Drew Brees every time this discussion comes up, but Brees is more of an exception as far as his height goes than the ladder. I hope I'm wrong, because I'm a huge Colt fan, but I just don't see him as an NFL QB. Not as a starter anywhere.

badboy
08-25-2010, 05:12 PM
It won't be a shock to me at all. I've said since Colt's Junior season that I didn't see him ever being a NFL QB. He doesn't seem tall enough and his arm isn't strong enough to me either. People like to site Drew Brees every time this discussion comes up, but Brees is more of an exception as far as his height goes than the ladder. I hope I'm wrong, because I'm a huge Colt fan, but I just don't see him as an NFL QB. Not as a starter anywhere.With our TEs, Walter and Rbs he would not need a strong arm. I'd sign him.

The1ApplePie
08-25-2010, 05:23 PM
With our TEs, Walter and Rbs he would not need a strong arm. I'd sign him.

If nothing else, it could distract the Houston love for another former UT QB

The only reason this makes sense is if the Browns really want Locker or Mallet next year

Delhomme and Wallace are not permenant solutions

ChampionTexan
08-25-2010, 05:26 PM

The only reason this makes sense is if the Browns really want Locker or Mallet next year

Delhomme and Wallace are not permenant solutions

How would wanting Locker or Mallet (or maybe Luck) next year cause getting rid of Colt this year to make sense?

The1ApplePie
08-25-2010, 05:27 PM
How would wanting Locker or Mallet (or maybe Luck) next year cause getting rid of Colt this year to make sense?

They took him as a QB for the future, with Delhomme keeping the seat warm. If they lost faith in Colt or fell in love with a top pick, it makes sense

ChampionTexan
08-25-2010, 05:31 PM
They took him as a QB for the future, with Delhomme keeping the seat warm. If they lost faith in Colt or fell in love with a top pick, it makes sense

It seems to me that if they need a QB of the future that badly, that actually makes it dumber to get rid of him now. You've got a 1 year free no/risk look at what he might become. If you're right - cut him in a year with perhaps slightly less egg on your face, and have the ability to go after one of those two (or three) anyway. If he proves you wrong, you've still got him.

ubecool454
08-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Maybe they are hoping for practice squad.

No, I think Colt is hoping for the practice squad. I'm not surprised at all that he is on the bubble. He was a good College QB and I never could see him on the NFL level. He won't be the first big name college QB to lay a egg on the next level. I Never thought Colt had "it".

gary
08-25-2010, 05:35 PM
One team's loss may be another team's gem.

ubecool454
08-25-2010, 05:42 PM

Sign him for what...we already have to many waterboys. Colt = Major Applewhite...go into coaching young man.

b0ng
08-25-2010, 08:45 PM
This can't be true. I just can't imagine a team just giving up and waiving a 3rd (4th? I forget which round he went) round QB who was going to be a project to begin with. It is the Browns though, so who knows.

JB
08-25-2010, 08:48 PM
This can't be true. I just can't imagine a team just giving up and waiving a 3rd (4th? I forget which round he went) round QB who was going to be a project to begin with. It is the Browns though, so who knows.

Consider the source.

mattieuk
08-25-2010, 09:05 PM
If this happens, then just wow. Its all speculation at the moment, but I'd be shocked if the Browns ditched Colt before the season opener.

This could turn out to be a pretty good example for what can happen to a QB for not choosing to go into the draft early. I'm not sure he would have fallen to the 3rd round if he'd came out after the junior season.

Either way, I hope he at least gets a shot at some game time with a team. If not, we'll have him up here in Canada to replace Casey Printers for the BC Lions!

Texecutioner
08-25-2010, 09:10 PM

Colt will never be a long term starter anywhere, and I've said that since his Junior season and keep in mind I'm a huge Longhorns and Colt McCoy fan. Most Longhorn fans analyze him as a guy with all this potential because they "want" him to do well, but haven't considered the fact that QB's his size and height hardly ever make it in the league these days and most coaches hate QB's his height whether they're good or not. Most of them don't get much of a chance.

Colt's got a lack of arm strength for the NFL, he's got a lack of height, and he's got a small frame. He'll be a back up and nothing more in the NFL and I doubt that he'll even be a back up for more than 3 seasons. Every time someone mentions these things people like to scream out Drew Brees, Drew Brees like he's comparable, but that's just nuts to me. Colt McCoy is no Drew Brees. He was your typical guy that was perfect for the college game just like Matt Heipel was for Oklahoma when he won the Heisman and the National Championship.

TimeKiller
08-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Let's see if he can return kicks.

stingray
08-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Colt will never be a long term starter anywhere, and I've said that since his Junior season and keep in mind I'm a huge Longhorns and Colt McCoy fan. Most Longhorn fans analyze him as a guy with all this potential because they "want" him to do well, but haven't considered the fact that QB's his size and height hardly ever make it in the league these days and most coaches hate QB's his height whether they're good or not. Most of them don't get much of a chance.

Colt's got a lack of arm strength for the NFL, he's got a lack of height, and he's got a small frame. He'll be a back up and nothing more in the NFL and I doubt that he'll even be a back up for more than 3 seasons. Every time someone mentions these things people like to scream out Drew Brees, Drew Brees like he's comparable, but that's just nuts to me. Colt McCoy is no Drew Brees. He was your typical guy that was perfect for the college game just like Matt Heipel was for Oklahoma when he won the Heisman and the National Championship.

You hit the nail on the head. Drew Brees is one in a million.

gtexan02
08-26-2010, 09:40 AM
You hit the nail on the head. Drew Brees is one in a million.

Except for Chase Daniels

HoustonFrog
08-26-2010, 09:50 AM
I think Colt can be around the league awhile. But I see it more as a Jason Garrett type. Smart and capable QB. Backup who plays well and good enough to win when he is in. More of a sideline coach/player.

JB
08-26-2010, 09:55 AM
I think Colt can be around the league awhile. But I see it more as a Jason Garrett type. Smart and capable QB. Backup who plays well and good enough to win when he is in. More of a sideline coach/player.

Sounds alot like Kubiak

badboy
08-26-2010, 10:07 AM

Delhomme and Wallace are not permenant solutionsMy love for him is his stats, ability to lead, off the field behavior is excellent and he comes from a winning background to say the least. If he could sit behind Schaub for a couple years as we expected Orslovky to do, he might develop into a good NFL QB.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=175772

badboy
08-26-2010, 10:16 AM

Colt's got a lack of arm strength for the NFL, he's got a lack of height, and he's got a small frame. He'll be a back up and nothing more in the NFL and I doubt that he'll even be a back up for more than 3 seasons. Every time someone mentions these things people like to scream out Drew Brees, Drew Brees like he's comparable, but that's just nuts to me. Colt McCoy is no Drew Brees. He was your typical guy that was perfect for the college game just like Matt Heipel was for Oklahoma when he won the Heisman and the National Championship.I'm only talking about the Texans and think our offense is similar to U. Texas in he would have a decent line, AJ compared to Jordan Shipley + the rest of WR and TEs. Add in what appears to be a significant RB (Foster) and he had NONE at UT last year and I still think he could be a good back up for Texans. If we can sign him and get 2-3 seasons, I'd smile. It is definitely worth a look/ see.

headsplint
08-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Wouldn't be surprised at all if he is sucking in hopes of getting a free ticket out of Cleveland. J/K! Not really. :)

Dutchrudder
08-26-2010, 10:58 AM
I don't see why they can't trade him for a late round pick. Kinda sucks for Cleveland because they used a late 3rd to get him.

drewmar74
08-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Wouldn't be surprised at all if he is sucking in hopes of getting a free ticket out of Cleveland. J/K! Not really. :)

And could you blame him?

Texan_Bill
08-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Colt McCoy = Slash v2.0 which ultimately = FAIL!

(that would be Cordell Stewart for you slow people). ;)

infantrycak
08-26-2010, 11:24 AM
(that would be Cordell Stewart for you slow people). ;)

That would be Kordell. :kitten:

BigBull17
08-26-2010, 11:51 AM
My love for him is his stats, ability to lead, off the field behavior is excellent and he comes from a winning background to say the least. If he could sit behind Schaub for a couple years as we expected Orslovky to do, he might develop into a good NFL QB.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=175772

But sitting behind Schaub wont cure his lack of height and under powered arm. Maybe a Wildcat type QB, but he has a small frame.

Hookem Horns
08-26-2010, 11:53 AM
OMG, what's all of the Austin area Academy's going to do with all of those McCoy Browns jerseys??

Maybe if the Texans do sign McCoy Academy will finally carry some Texans jerseys.

Texan_Bill
08-26-2010, 11:55 AM
That would be Kordell. :kitten:

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/6/2/633795622279196285-SpellingNazis.jpg

;)

BigBull17
08-26-2010, 12:07 PM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/6/2/633795622279196285-SpellingNazis.jpg

;)

When you say Cordell for you slow people, you have to spell Kordell right.

Texan_Bill
08-26-2010, 12:15 PM
When you say Cordell for you slow people, you have to spell Kordell right.

I aint gotta spill shite correctlee... :D

badboy
08-26-2010, 12:25 PM
But sitting behind Schaub wont cure his lack of height and under powered arm. Maybe a Wildcat type QB, but he has a small frame.Height is important and I get that, but UT played against some pretty big boys and he did all right (over ten thousand yards). Our ZBS should benefit him also even at 6'1". Are you saying that great QBs over 6'3" would have not made their roster at 6'1"?

HOU-TEX
08-26-2010, 12:31 PM
The Browns aren't cutting McCoy. Only Al Davis would even think of doing something like that to a high round draft pick. He'll either make the roster or be stored away for the season on IR

Texan_Bill
08-26-2010, 12:34 PM
The Browns aren't cutting McCoy. Only Al Davis would even think of doing something like that to a high round draft pick. He'll either make the roster or be stored away for the season on IR

Truth... From what I understand or have heard is that Colt is Mike Holmgren's guy.

headsplint
08-26-2010, 12:38 PM
And could you blame him?

Not one bit.

Texan_Bill
08-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Height is important and I get that, but UT played against some pretty big boys and he did all right (over ten thousand yards). Our ZBS should benefit him also even at 6'1". Are you saying that great QBs over 6'3" would have not made their roster at 6'1"?

Height is sooooo overrated.

Signed,

Drew Brees.

BigBull17
08-26-2010, 01:41 PM
Height is important and I get that, but UT played against some pretty big boys and he did all right (over ten thousand yards). Our ZBS should benefit him also even at 6'1". Are you saying that great QBs over 6'3" would have not made their roster at 6'1"?

Maybe, maybe not. The lack of arm strength is a much bigger deal, IMO. Height isn't the be all end all, but it is hard to overcome.

Texecutioner
08-26-2010, 02:23 PM

The Longhorns didn't play a bunch of great defenses in college. The BIG 12 isn't known for their defenses, their known for their spread offenses for the most part and they they try to out score each other. The Longhorns are so much more talented than the teams they play well. Colt doesn't go up against great DB's on the regular basis in the BIG 12. He ran a spread offense where he was barely even allowed to throw down the field at Texas. He doesn't have good arm strength.

Colt would be terrible with the Texans and just the thought of it is a nightmare. I don't think that Kubes would even give Colt a sniff for the job. I'd rather have David Carr as the backup for the Texans right now than I would Colt McCoy. David has a stronger arm, he's taller, and he's much tougher than Colt is.

Now I've got to go to the restroom to gag after saying that about David Carr.

Rey
08-26-2010, 03:12 PM
He ran a spread offense where he was barely even allowed to throw down the field at Texas. He doesn't have good arm strength.

Colt would be terrible with the Texans and just the thought of it is a nightmare. I don't think that Kubes would even give Colt a sniff for the job. I'd rather have David Carr as the backup for the Texans right now than I would Colt McCoy. David has a stronger arm, he's taller, and he's much tougher than Colt is.

Now I've got to go to the restroom to gag after saying that about David Carr.

I disagree with this part of your post.

The Texans offense isn't built around a whole bunch of long patterns. But that has less to do with arm strength than the ability to zing it in there on medium and short routes anyways...
And it's not like David is notorious for his down field throwing either...

Matt Schaub doesn't have great arm strength either, but that's not what this offense requires.

QB's with good mobility also do well in this offense. David has good mobility, but so does Colt.

I don't know how much David has matured as a QB, but I'd take Colt as a back-up all day everyday. Carr was terrible here and the last thing I need to re-live is a puccee QB scared to make his reads and always looking like he's rushed even when he isn't.

I'd much rather have the QB with a lot of potential to be molded.

badboy
08-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Maybe, maybe not. The lack of arm strength is a much bigger deal, IMO. Height isn't the be all end all, but it is hard to overcome.How many long passes does Schaub have? IMO if Colt was back up and had to come in he'd be like like other backups and hand off to Foster or short passes to TEs, Walter and AJ. He can throw for 20 yards.

The1ApplePie
08-26-2010, 03:33 PM
With Brady Quinn bombing in Denver, I wouldn't be suprised if the Broncos took a run at him.

They do run the spread up at mile high

BigBull17
08-26-2010, 03:37 PM
How many long passes does Schaub have? IMO if Colt was back up and had to come in he'd be like like other backups and hand off to Foster or short passes to TEs, Walter and AJ. He can throw for 20 yards.

Schaub is a very good longball threat. l. It looks worse because his WR's are very hard to lead deep. AJ and JJ have great speed.

HOU-TEX
08-26-2010, 03:41 PM
I think the name in the title should be changed to Matt Leinart.

Matt Leinart will come off the bench behind Derek Anderson in the Cardinals' third preseason game Saturday.

Leinart isn't officially out as the starter yet, but it's a virtual certainty now unless Anderson faceplants. Leinart has earned the nickname of "Captain Checkdown" while looking tentative in the pocket and failing to move the ball in preseason games. It is also rumored that Larry Fitzgerald thought Leinart's weak arm would put the star receiver in harm's way too often. The report from NFL Network's Mike Lombardi that Leinart could be released before the season now has real merit.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

Texecutioner
08-26-2010, 03:43 PM
I disagree with this part of your post.

The Texans offense isn't built around a whole bunch of long patterns. But that has less to do with arm strength than the ability to zing it in there on medium and short routes anyways...
And it's not like David is notorious for his down field throwing either...

Matt Schaub doesn't have great arm strength either, but that's not what this offense requires.

QB's with good mobility also do well in this offense. David has good mobility, but so does Colt.

I don't know how much David has matured as a QB, but I'd take Colt as a back-up all day everyday. Carr was terrible here and the last thing I need to re-live is a puccee QB scared to make his reads and always looking like he's rushed even when he isn't.

I'd much rather have the QB with a lot of potential to be molded.

Colt's never going to be an NFL starter and most likely won't even become a back up for long. Hell, he's struggling just to be a 3rd string guy on the freaking Browns for god sakes. He doesn't have the measurables or the intangibles for the NFL. You don't have to agree, but in a few years you'll realize this. He over achieved as a college QB. Hell, he was a freaking two star player when he was recruited and wasn't even thought of to be the starter there. Jeven Snead was. He's a very accurate passer for the short range passes, and please don't compare him to Matt Schaub again. They're nothing alike in any way.

HOU-TEX
08-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Colt's never going to be an NFL starter and most likely won't even become a back up for long. Hell, he's struggling just to be a 3rd string guy on the freaking Browns for god sakes. He doesn't have the measurables or the intangibles for the NFL. You don't have to agree, but in a few years you'll realize this. He over achieved as a college QB. Hell, he was a freaking two star player when he was recruited and wasn't even thought of to be the starter there. Jeven Snead was. He's a very accurate passer for the short range passes, and please don't compare him to Matt Schaub again. They're nothing alike in any way.

Soooo......I take it you're not a UT fan. :fingergun:

The1ApplePie
08-26-2010, 03:48 PM
I think the name in the title should be changed to Matt Leinart.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

I'd take him as a backup

HOU-TEX
08-26-2010, 03:50 PM
I'd take him as a backup

Why? Oh, nevermind.....Mr USC fan. ;)

Texecutioner
08-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Soooo......I take it you're not a UT fan. :fingergun:

I'm a die hard UT fan and have been since I was born.

I'm also a die hard Colt McCoy fan that would love to see him make it.

It just isn't difficult at all to me to see that he's not an NFL QB. He's to small and doesn't have the arm strength. That's a perfect combination of what NFL coaches hate to have in their QB and there are very few exceptions to that around the NFL.

He was perfect for the college game just like a lot of QB's like Josh Heipel for example who was of a similar size and had similar arm strength as Colt has. Heipel won the Heisman and won a National Title for Oklahoma, but hardly got a sniff in the pros.

badboy
08-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Schaub is a very good longball threat. l. It looks worse because his WR's are very hard to lead deep. AJ and JJ have great speed.Does not address my question. If Schaub has strong arm but does not use it (for whatever reason) but has proven to be an outstanding QB with shorter throws to our WRs then logically. McCoy should be ok with same type of passes. He did avg over 7 yards per pass last season.

Rey
08-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Colt's never going to be an NFL starter and most likely won't even become a back up for long. Hell, he's struggling just to be a 3rd string guy on the freaking Browns for god sakes. He doesn't have the measurables or the intangibles for the NFL. You don't have to agree, but in a few years you'll realize this. He over achieved as a college QB. Hell, he was a freaking two star player when he was recruited and wasn't even thought of to be the starter there.

No, he didn't overachieve. He was in an offense that was suited to his skills. There's a difference IMO.

I think you entirely missed the point of my post which was that not all NFL offenses require their QB's to have arms like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or even Phillip Rivers.

Our offense doesn't have a ton of Vertical routes so our QB's don't need to have cannons. And as I've already stated, you don't even need to have a cannon if you can read a defense and make accurate throws.

and please don't compare him to Matt Schaub again. They're nothing alike in any way.

Please point out where I compared him to Matt Schaub? All I did was point out that Matt didn't have a strong arm which you so obviously covet.

Rey
08-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Schaub is a very good longball threat. l. It looks worse because his WR's are very hard to lead deep. AJ and JJ have great speed.

The speed of the receivers doesn't have much to do with it IMO. There have been plenty of fast receivers in the league that have had QB's with Cannons and able to lead them deep.

Schaub is a good long ball threat because he knows how to read a defense and make good throws plus our receivers are pretty good at getting open.

A lot of times Schaub's balls are under thrown and the receiver has to slow down or turn completely around to catch the ball. Schaub's throws don't have a ton of velocity on them, but he is extremely accurate.

WWJD
08-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Colt will probably have a nice backup role in the NFL for a few years and then get a cushy job on the UT staff.

His future is bright. No worries. He'll have a job. Good guy.

infantrycak
08-26-2010, 06:34 PM
How many long passes does Schaub have?

2nd most in the league (by one) to Tony Romo who threw 10 less passes over 20 yards in the air and so was getting his more on YAC.

The speed of the receivers doesn't have much to do with it IMO. There have been plenty of fast receivers in the league that have had QB's with Cannons and able to lead them deep.

Schaub is a good long ball threat because he knows how to read a defense and make good throws plus our receivers are pretty good at getting open.

A lot of times Schaub's balls are under thrown and the receiver has to slow down or turn completely around to catch the ball. Schaub's throws don't have a ton of velocity on them, but he is extremely accurate.

HWWNBN had a canon and displayed exactly shy Schaub throws as he does. Overthrow a WR and they have no chance of catching the ball. Dead on or slightly under thrown allows a big physical WR like AJ to make the adjustment.

And receiver speed and judgment do have something to do with it as well. There are two parts to this dance. WR's don't typically run a straight line as fast as they can. They cut, break, hesitate, etc. AJ did that on the 44 yd TD against the Cardinals. The WR is trying to get open and guessing what the QB will do and the QB is guessing on the WR. Not all post routes are run the same.

BigBull17
08-26-2010, 06:40 PM

Reciever speed has alot to do with under throws. Not many QB's can lead a guy like AJ, cause he gets down field very fast. However, even though Schaub doesn't have a cannon, his arm is alot stronger than Colts.

El Tejano
08-27-2010, 09:28 AM
I'll admit that I was INTERESTED in taking Colt but I will also say that I wouldn't have taken him in the 3rd round. Now that I've seen him get some NFL action, I would only acquire him for one reason only - Jerry Jones marketing.

As soon as Colt got drafted by the Browns, Academy had Colt Mccoy's Browns jersey alread on sale in May. Other than Andre, the Texans don't have a maretable player except for maybe Mario. However people in Texas could care less. Having a Colt Mccoy on your team pretty much makes sure that your games are being played in Austin year round, and is probably going to bring more media coverage in Texas. Texans articles would be longer in Austin American Statesman etc...

Jerry Jones thinks this way and that is why you see Cowboys everywhere. We need to be like that.

badboy
08-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Interesting, what would be cool is Texans picked up McCoy then traded him to Jerrry for a 4th round pick.

dc_txtech
08-27-2010, 10:09 AM
I have to agree with Texecutioner on this one. I never really saw Colt as an NFL QB, great college QB but probably not pro material in my opinion. Actually if you substitute McCoy's name with Harrell, this thread sounds a lot like all the posts on the Texas Tech boards last year about Harrell playing in the NFL.

The1ApplePie
08-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Why? Oh, nevermind.....Mr USC fan. ;)

He'd be better than Dan O

Irony may see him backup the Sanchise out in New York though

Mr teX
08-27-2010, 11:48 AM
I never saw him as a starting qb in the NFL, mainly b/c of his height, but the guy to me has always made too many critical mistakes in crunch time. A few plays made here & there, but nothing consistent enough for me to say he could handle the pressure of an nfl defense for 16 games, down in & out.

HOU-TEX
08-27-2010, 12:02 PM

Other than a handful of misfires, DanO has been fairly solid this preseason. He's had several nice drives and seems night and day compared to last season.

Mr teX
08-27-2010, 12:10 PM

How can you say this & McCoy can't even move the ball against 3rd teamers or stay healthy for that matter?

sakebomb
08-29-2010, 07:19 AM
Dude will be back on the forty acres in a coaching position soon courtesy of Daddy Mack.

I'm sure he will make a good living doing it too.

Texecutioner
08-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Dude will be back on the forty acres in a coaching position soon courtesy of Daddy Mack.

I'm sure he will make a good living doing it too.

My thoughts exactly.

4Texans
08-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Colt's not playing for those Country Club coaches anymore...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/29/tough-love-for-colt-mccoy/.....

After the final play of Saturday's loss to the Lions, cameras provided a glimpse of the frustration that McCoy has caused for coach Eric Mangini and offensive coordinator Brian Daboll.

After McCoy heaved a final-play Hail Mary that landed well to the right of the end zone, Daboll met McCoy at the sideline, gesturing and speaking in a way that suggested that Daboll was saying something along the lines of,"Why in the hell didn't you throw it in bounds?" Then came Mangini, with a priceless mixture of impatience and exasperation on his face as he gestured toward the 500-square-yard target into which the football should have landed. McCoy made the mistake of trying to explain himself, which resulted in more chatter from the coach.

Though I'm no lip reader, I think Mangini eventually said something like, "Just f--king throw it up." .

gg no re
08-29-2010, 11:08 PM
This is more geared for the NSFW section, but I'm quietly giggling at a line that, when taken out of context, sounds like really good material for a slash fic.

kastofsna
08-31-2010, 02:04 PM
big shocker there, winning at big colleges loaded with blue chippers doesn't really mean much at the next level

Kaiser Toro
09-03-2010, 10:18 AM
13 for 13 last night.

MojoMan
09-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Colt McCoy is not going to be waived. This sort of talk is just plain silly.

It used to be that a rookie QB was phased in over 2-3 seasons. Now some people are not willing to give a guy the courtesy of even 2-3 preseason games.

:rolleyes: