PDA

View Full Version : Moates Waived

V3rm0nt3r
08-24-2010, 01:37 PM
http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Sign-Javon-Walker/31b66605-5eed-41b4-b9f9-3611999d0acf?module=HP_headlines

Don't know if his position on the Texans roster will improve much with JJ and Henry showing good things but with Tate done you have to think Kubiak will think about going after him.

TimeKiller
08-24-2010, 04:05 PM
I, for one, fully expect to see him brought in....

ChampionTexan
08-24-2010, 04:13 PM

Well, we've got an available spot on the roster with Holliday being IR'ed. With the familiarity they have with Moats, it shouldn't take the FO/coaches long to figure out where he rates compared to Johnson and Henry. I guess it depends - at least in part - on how strongly Kubes and Co. feel about his pass protection shortcomings.

Personal note - I'd still like to see more of Johnson - hope he gets more time with the offense than he did vs. N.O.

El Tejano
08-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Why not? To me, Slaton needs to feel all the heat he can still feel while we can put it on him.

ubecool454
08-24-2010, 04:51 PM

With Slaton and Johnson...getting Moats back is just more of the same type of small back. I think we need to get another big bruiser in here. (I told Kubiak to draft joe frazier uh i mean lagarette blount.)

DerekLee1
08-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Although LB, LB, and LB appear to be our biggest needs right now, the Vikes just released Ryan Moats. Wonder if he gets signed to replace Tate, or if they move ahead with the four rb's they have.

ChrisG
08-24-2010, 10:02 PM
I always liked Moats. Ever since i saw him live at the buff game. I would love to have him bak and add sum depth. Foster Slaton and Moats

Sent from my DROIDX

HOU-TEX
08-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Did he ever get to play this preseason? I've seen a lot of bits and pieces froms Vikes games and haven't seen him. Dunno why the Vikes picked him up anyway. He wasn't going to fill Taylor's position

The Pencil Neck
08-25-2010, 09:35 PM
Did he ever get to play this preseason? I've seen a lot of bits and pieces froms Vikes games and haven't seen him. Dunno why the Vikes picked him up anyway. He wasn't going to fill Taylor's position

Yeah, I saw him get a couple of touches in one game.