PDA

View Full Version : Unspoken Messages from Kubiak Presser

dalemurphy
08-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Here's our weekly analysis of Kubiak's postgame presser... this one has video:

Texans Bull Blog (http://www.texansbullblog.com/coachspeak-kubiaks-secret-thoughts-loss/news/)

You can find the uneditted version here at: http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/

gtexan02
08-23-2010, 12:05 PM
The video seems to be a lil wayne song and trindon holliday highlights?

EDIT: ohhh I see, the one called "Kubiak Presser"

dalemurphy
08-23-2010, 12:06 PM
The video seems to be a lil wayne song and trindon holliday highlights?

EDIT: ohhh I see, the one called "Kubiak Presser"

that's a glitch we're attempting to work out. sorry.

badboy
08-23-2010, 12:18 PM
I can't pull up video (sound) on work computer can someone summarize? It should say "we got treated like a junior high team and got pushed all over the field. I saw the same things fans did and we are going to fix them." Nothing else. It was a very disappointing game for me as the players seemed to think they just had to walk on the field and N.O. would give them the game. Well someone gave the game away but it was my team. Positives for me: Foster can run and as of today, I'm not worried about his fumble. Nolan again looked very good which may resolve a weak area for me. Orslovky looked much better. Kareem Jackson did not give up a TD, I think.

BTW, do the Texans have a coach to teach rookies and vets how to tackle?

dalemurphy
08-23-2010, 12:24 PM
I can't pull up video (sound) on work computer can someone summarize? It should say "we got treated like a junior high team and got pushed all over the field. I saw the same things fans did and we are going to fix them." Nothing else. It was a very disappointing game for me as the players seemed to think they just had to walk on the field and N.O. would give them the game. Well someone gave the game away but it was my team. Positives for me: Foster can run and as of today, I'm not worried about his fumble. Nolan again looked very good which may resolve a weak area for me. Orslovky looked much better. Kareem Jackson did not give up a TD, I think.

BTW, do the Texans have a coach to teach rookies and vets how to tackle?

The video is the Bull Durham shower scene. I thought it was funny. I've never heard Kubiak so hard on the players effort and performance before and it reminded me of that scene. I am working on the transcript of the presser right now...

Among other things, I'll say these things are clear:

1. we are not signing Charles Spencer right now
2. Holliday is likely going to be stashed on IR

HOU-TEX
08-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Just out of curiosity, what happened to actually posting thoughts on the message boards rather than posting links of a members blog?

badboy
08-23-2010, 12:31 PM
I heard last night that Spencer would get a try out but that may only be a courtesy. However, he does not have to beat out Brown, just Butler.

76Texan
08-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Just out of curiosity, what happened to actually posting thoughts on the message boards rather than posting links of a members blog?

My thinking is that when you get to a link, you should get yourself prepared for a long piece (you go there when you have time, and it's easier to get back to once you know that it's there; ie. bookmark).

When you get there, you might also be interested in some other pieces and they are readily available.
Again, you can use your bookmark to come back for those pieces if you don't have time at the moment.

Kaiser Toro
08-23-2010, 01:55 PM

I agree, I do not click on anything that is naked. If the Poster wants an action, he/she should give something in return, such as a taste of the content.

HOU-TEX
08-23-2010, 02:35 PM
I agree, I do not click on anything that is naked. If the Poster wants an action, he/she should give something in return, such as a taste of the content.

It's not just that, it's the fact that they're everyday fans and members of the board. We come to this board to discuss and read everyone else's opinions. Should we have to click a link just to read a member's opinion?

Texan_Bill
08-23-2010, 02:48 PM
It's not just that, it's the fact that they're everyday fans and members of the board. We come to this board to discuss and read everyone else's opinions. Should we have to click a link just to read a member's opinion?

Everyone's opinions??? Nah, there's some posters that I don't read at all.

HOU-TEX
08-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Everyone's opinions??? Nah, there's some posters that I don't read at all.

True, very true

pbat488
08-23-2010, 02:53 PM
I don't see the big problem with it. I do like having a teaser or synopsis before I go to a link offsite, but for a known and respected member of the board like DM or barrett, I trust they're not gonna put up some BS link or anything, and I usually like reading their thoughts on the happenings of our team, just to get another point of view than mine.

Texan_Bill
08-23-2010, 03:00 PM
True, very true

You're too soft!! ;)

76Texan
I don't see the big problem with it. I do like having a teaser or synopsis before I go to a link offsite, but for a known and respected member of the board like DM or barrett, I trust they're not gonna put up some BS link or anything, and I usually like reading their thoughts on the happenings of our team, just to get another point of view than mine.

Sometimes, DM gives a summary or some sort of thing, besides the link.

I don't have any problem with him posting a link either.

Another thing is that he may be a member of another group; and if he has to copy and paste too much, I think it's rather inconvenient.

I disagree with his opinions often, but I would read to get another viewpoint, just like you said.

HOU-TEX

You missed my point. Posting links to your own personal blog is defeating the purpose of the message board.

Meh, it's whatev.

dalemurphy
08-23-2010, 03:04 PM
You missed my point. Posting links to your own personal blog is defeating the purpose of the message board.

Meh, it's whatev.

I suppose I understand the complaint. That being said, for years I have come to the message boards as a primary source to find out information. I love to come to texanstalk and find links on new stories/articles. I certainly don't feel that I am driving traffic away from the site since we are not a message board and I think most of what we post adds to the discussion on here. Also, we have a permanent link to texanstalk.com on our site.

Hookem Horns
08-23-2010, 03:52 PM
I do not click on anything that is naked.

Really?? You have more self control than most men. :shades:

dalemurphy
08-23-2010, 04:11 PM

LOL! that is funny.

FirstTexansFan
08-23-2010, 05:01 PM

I double clicked that sheet :)