PDA

View Full Version : Texans Talk App

Dallas_Texan
08-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Are we working on an App for Texans Talk? As much as I love my Iphone at work, there is an App for every NFL Team except the Houston Texans!! Even the frickin Jags have one! If the Mods (whoever owns this site) charges 2.99, we can bringin a ton of cash for this website!

GP
08-20-2010, 12:02 PM
I think Kevin (Hook 'Em Horns on here, and also the Texans Talk owner/founder) could do an easy one if he used an app program such as this one:

Go to this thread I started in another forum:

Do-It-Yourself App Software (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73917&highlight=aspiring+authors)

I think it could be done, but I think Kevin should be the leader because he has the knowledge of how it could be updated with new news each day. That's the main concern: How to make it connect to TexansTalk and interface so that the app is a supplement to the main website here.

Apps and websites are only regular-visited IF it contains at least one of these elements:

(1) Major information that remains the same but must be accessed so the user can obtain the needed information to do a job/activity on a regular basis. An instruction manual on how to use a machine or a software program, for example.

(2) Fresh, "new" news that is updated daily (if not hourly or even minute-by-minute). This is now the new standard. You have to have a reason to stay continuously connected to a website or app because you will be left behind if you don't. It's the leader-follower principle. Give me a reason to follow, and I will follow. If you're a leader standing still and going nowhere, I will find someone else to follow so I can go to a new place and experience new things.

I would love to help/contribute to a TexansTalk app. Even if it invloved any of the following functions: (1) Research of the app-making industry, (2) Actual "construction" of an app, (3) testing of the app, and/or (4) updating the app and keeping it fresh.

ChrisG
08-20-2010, 12:59 PM
i just use tapatalk for the message boards. I wish rotoworld has an app tho they seem to have the most frequently updated texans information

Runner
08-20-2010, 01:23 PM
I think quite a few people use the TapaTalk app on this board (like me right now). Highly recommended.

dream_team
08-20-2010, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the tip on TapaTalk. This is great!

Runner
08-20-2010, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the tip on TapaTalk. This is great!

I think Texans Talk was the first NFL board on the TapaTalk network. The Chargers and Green Bay I think were close behind. There are a lot of teams now.

Runner
08-20-2010, 10:34 PM
I think Texans Talk was the first NFL board on the TapaTalk network. The Chargers and Green Bay I think were close behind. There are a lot of teams now.

There is a Droid version too.

GP
08-21-2010, 05:04 PM
I tried getting the free version, and it asked me to confirm my billing information. It displayed my debit card data with only the last four digits showing. Didn't feel comfortable proceeding.

I've never experienced this in all the free versions of other apps I have downloaded.