PDA

View Full Version : Did Bing get injured?

Hardcore Texan
08-19-2010, 04:59 PM
I saw on Twitter that he may have to get neck surgery?

JWarren14
08-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Not sure, but Bulman went to the IR, didn't see that posted anywhere.

texanfan2002114
08-19-2010, 05:27 PM
Not sure, but Bulman went to the IR, didn't see that posted anywhere.

Bulman got hurt several weeks back. Thats why the Texans had Raheem Brock in for a tryout.

C Madd
08-19-2010, 05:27 PM
Here's the tweet he is referring to, from Darnell Bing's Twitter http://twitter.com/mistabing:

Man I LOVE my mom, she knows how 2 get me back on track n get my head leveled. Much Love to coach Holland as well 4 chopping it up wit me n breaking things down for me. Possible neck surgery 4 me folks, I need yall 2 keep me in your prayers and lift me up.

TimeKiller
08-19-2010, 05:34 PM
Damnit. At the least he looked like a special team standout.

cuppacoffee
08-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Maybe laying the groundwork?

Isn't IR a way of hiding/protecting promising players?

Waiving hoping to resign, and PS, are risky for players you want to keep but are not ready for the 53 man squad. Might look fishy if you wait until the last week to IR them...idonno:

:coffee:

J_R
08-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Texans didnt go into detail but Kubiak did mention he had a neck injury and obviously will not play this week(this according to SR610).

keyser
08-19-2010, 06:57 PM

Waiving hoping to resign, and PS, are risky for players you want to keep but are not ready for the 53 man squad. Might look fishy if you wait until the last week to IR them...idonno:

Maybe if this were a sprain or pulled muscle, or something that required just some rest, but we're talking about neck surgery here. That doesn't seem like the type of thing you'd be messing around with unless it was really necessary.

gary
08-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Darn, I had hopes for him.

C Madd
08-19-2010, 07:49 PM
Darn, I had hopes for him.

Me too. :(

J_R
08-19-2010, 08:44 PM
Linebacker Darnell Bing, who drew high praise (http://boards.houstontexans.com/blog/index.asp?post_id=1317) from LB coach Johnny Holland last week, was injured in practice Thursday morning and has been ruled out of Saturday's game with a neck issue. "I don’t know," Kubiak said when asked if Bing's injury was serious. "We’re evaluating him right now." Kubiak also said that there are "questions right now" with cornerback Antwaun Molden and wide receiver Dorin Dickerson as to their availability for Saturday, although he didn't specify their respective injuries.

http://www.houstontexans.com/blog/index.asp?post_id=1346

Sucks to hear on Molden. Hope it's nothing serious. This has been the story of his career thus far. Sucks for Bing too. Fighting to make the team but can't make the team from the tub.

ObsiWan
08-19-2010, 10:55 PM

Why that's unethical! We'd never do a thing like that!!
:sarcasm:

imatexan
08-20-2010, 02:29 AM
Man training camp started out great with no injuries and slowly they are creeping in, lets hope for no more!

J_R
08-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Bing placed on IR. Rookie LB Will Patterson signed.

Jackie Chiles
08-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Bing placed on IR. Rookie LB Will Patterson signed.

Darn injuries. The team probably isn't too torn up about this because it saves them from cutting a talented player. Adibi is probably breathing a sigh of relief as he is pretty much assured a roster spot now.

CloakNNNdagger
08-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Darn injuries. The team probably isn't too torn up about this because it saves them from cutting a talented player. Adibi is probably breathing a sigh of relief as he is pretty much assured a roster spot now.

Adibi's injured too if I remember correctly.

J_R
08-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Yup, Adibi injured. They're hopeful he's ready or be able to go by Monday

Jackie Chiles
08-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Adibi's injured too if I remember correctly.

Hes not on IR though. Outside of Bing which guy thats left has a legitimate shot at beating out Adibi for a roster spot? Factor in that Cushing won't count towards the roster until week 5 and I don't see anyone.

The Pencil Neck
08-20-2010, 11:03 PM
Hes not on IR though. Outside of Bing which guy thats left has a legitimate shot at beating out Adibi for a roster spot? Factor in that Cushing won't count towards the roster until week 5 and I don't see anyone.

Danny Clark. But he's hurt, too.

Heck, Greenhouse might make the team.

JB
08-20-2010, 11:05 PM

:headhurts:

ChampionTexan
08-20-2010, 11:09 PM

Frank Bush was interviewed on 610 earlier today, and said that Clark should play tomorrow night.

Brisco_County
08-20-2010, 11:20 PM
So one preseason game in, and we have three players on the IR?

Good thing our starters only play 10 snaps.

The Pencil Neck
08-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Frank Bush was interviewed on 610 earlier today, and said that Clark should play tomorrow night.

Cool. I hadn't heard anything about Clark and I was starting to wonder.

So, we've got:

DEFINITES: Demeco, Diles, Sharpton

BUBBLE: Adibi, Clark, Bentley

PS: Greenhouse

SUSP: Cushing

IR: Bing

We went with 5 LB's for a good chunk of last year. We should go 6. With Bing, it was going to be interesting. But with Adibi and Clark spending most of preseason injured, that makes it interesting the wrong way.

J_R
08-20-2010, 11:37 PM
I think you can throw Bentley in as a lock or definite.

rmartin65
08-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Greenhouse is a beast on special teams. A serious beast guys, I dont think I would rule him out so easily.

beerlover
08-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Greenhouse is a beast on special teams. A serious beast guys, I dont think I would rule him out so easily.

good point, special teams are very important. went to Texans website for more information on him & no one bothered to post any information, do they have a job opening over there or what? maybe we need to apply?

anyway found his NW State profile thought would post for y'all seems like high character kid who would fit in well here - http://www.nsudemons.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=93052&SPID=11371&DB_OEM_ID=20000&ATCLID=1346762&Q_SEASON=2009