PDA

View Full Version : The Latest On Owen Daniels

gary
08-18-2010, 10:02 PM
Great news per Gary Kubiak.
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/08/18/texans-tight-end-owen-daniels-could-return-for-final-preseason-g/

ChampionTexan
08-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Great news per Gary Kubiak.
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/08/18/texans-tight-end-owen-daniels-could-return-for-final-preseason-g/

Great - now Kubes is letting other teams dictate when our injured players will return to the lineup. He's gonna catch heck for that!

Texans coach Gary Kubiak said this week the Titans haven't ruled out Daniels returning even a bit sooner.

gary
08-18-2010, 10:06 PM
I think that is a typo.

ChampionTexan
08-18-2010, 10:10 PM
I think that is a typo.

Yeah, but it's not the first time I've seen it made (I've even seen that exact typo mentioned on this MB before).

Oh well, it would be nice to think that O.D. has recovered enough that Bud and Jeff Fisher will let him play a couple of series in the Bucs game.

gary
08-18-2010, 10:11 PM
yeah, but it's not the first time i've seen it made (even seen that particular typo mentioned on this mb before).

Oh well, it would be nice to think that o.d. Has recovered enough that bud and jeff fisher will let him play a couple of series in the bucs game.
lmao.

Brisco_County
08-18-2010, 11:00 PM
In my mock drafts, Owen's a late round steal.

GP
08-18-2010, 11:03 PM
In my mock drafts, Owen's a late round steal.

If I get the chance, I am taking the Texans running back Chris Johnson.

eriadoc
08-18-2010, 11:30 PM
Seriously, how ****ing hard is it to distinguish between the two teams? The Titans never existed in Houston. Bud Adams' team has been gone long enough for people to stop associating them with Houston. And oh yeah .... we have a pretty good team of our own now. Freakin' amateurs.

They even took the time to link the word "Titans" after they'd already linked the word "Texans". Morons.

GP
08-19-2010, 12:05 AM
Seriously, how ****ing hard is it to distinguish between the two teams? The Titans never existed in Houston. Bud Adams' team has been gone long enough for people to stop associating them with Houston. And oh yeah .... we have a pretty good team of our own now. Freakin' amateurs.

They even took the time to link the word "Titans" after they'd already linked the word "Texans". Morons.

I love it when, during the course of a game, the commentator calls us the Oilers.

Fail City.

Kimmy
08-19-2010, 08:25 AM
If I get the chance, I am taking the Texans running back Chris Johnson.

Good One :)

gary
08-19-2010, 09:37 AM
Those who made the mistake can kiss my butt I am just glad to hear the news about Owen.

BIG TORO
08-19-2010, 09:39 AM
I want him to play in preseason, that way he doesnt feel like a fish out of water on game 1 "THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME IN FRANCHISE HISTORY." LOL.

SuperRY
08-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Kube said that OD is on schedule to start week 1 with the possibility of getting some playing time in the final preseason game.

gary
08-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Kube said that OD is on schedule to start week 1 with the possibility of getting some playing time in the final preseason game.
Sounds great.

Señor Stan
08-19-2010, 11:03 AM
I want him to play in preseason, that way he doesnt feel like a fish out of water on game 1 "THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME IN FRANCHISE HISTORY." LOL.

Until the next MOST IMPORTANT GAME IN FRANCHISE HISTORY!!1!

I'm guessing whether the Texans are 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2 Game 3 of the season will get the label.

stevn8r
08-19-2010, 11:21 AM
This was my reply to the article.

How can you get a team name wrong in the same sentence?
"Texans coach Gary Kubiak said this week the [Titans] haven't ruled out Daniels returning even a bit sooner."
The last time I checked, the "Titans" have nothing to do with Kubiak's decisions! Get it straight ya big dummy!

Can't wait to see OD on the field again and I will pick him up in fantasy! :texflag:

Dutchrudder
08-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Until the next MOST IMPORTANT GAME IN FRANCHISE HISTORY!!1!

I'm guessing whether the Texans are 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2 Game 3 of the season will get the label.

But it will only apply until January... :D

Jackie Chiles
08-19-2010, 12:24 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7159865.html

"METAIRIE, La. — Texans tight end Owen Daniels said after the morning practice with the Saints that he will undergo an MRI in Houston on Tuesday and visit with Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala., on Wednesday.

Daniels is hoping to be cleared to start practicing next week.

Daniels, who is on active/PUP, is unable to practice with his teammates. He went through exhausting drills by himself at the Saints practice facility.

Since Daniels suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in the eight game at Buffalo, the plan has been to try to have him ready for the opening game against Indianapolis."

gary
08-19-2010, 12:37 PM
I am getting excited.

Ryan
08-19-2010, 03:03 PM
I am getting excited.

Agreed. We found out the hard way how important OD really was to our offense. Took us 4 weeks to get adjusted.

I think the adjustment process wouldn't be nearly as bad this time with the development of Casey, but he sure is one hell of a tool to have.

infantrycak
08-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Agreed. We found out the hard way how important OD really was to our offense. Took us 4 weeks to get adjusted.

I think the adjustment process wouldn't be nearly as bad this time with the development of Casey, but he sure is one hell of a tool to have.

Don't forget Dreessen. Over the last 4 games he was on pace for 832 yards projected to a season. Now he has had even more time to settle in with Schaub.

gary
08-19-2010, 03:34 PM
OD is the bomb.

J_R
08-19-2010, 04:24 PM

"METAIRIE, La. — Texans tight end Owen Daniels said after the morning practice with the Saints that he will undergo an MRI in Houston on Tuesday and visit with Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala., on Wednesday.

Daniels is hoping to be cleared to start practicing next week.

Daniels, who is on active/PUP, is unable to practice with his teammates. He went through exhausting drills by himself at the Saints practice facility.

Since Daniels suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in the eight game at Buffalo, the plan has been to try to have him ready for the opening game against Indianapolis."

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/nfl/100819-texans-te-daniels-expects-great-news-from-doctors

Houston - For Houston Texans Pro Bowl tight Owen Daniels two days of visits with doctors next week will let him know if he'll be ready to go for the opening of the 2010 season.

Daniels suffered a torn anterior crucuate ligament in his right knee during the eighth game of the 2009 season.

He has targeted game one of the regular season as his return and he and the team have said for weeks he is on schedule.

Tuesday Daniels will undergo an MRI on his right knee and then he'll visit with Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Alabama on Wednesday.
Andrews performed the surgery.

"I got a doctor's visit Tuesday, typical MRI checkup and then I have to fly to Alabama on Wednesday," Daniels said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports (http://boards.houstontexans.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=309716#). " Dr. Andrews did the surgery. He and management want him to check me off and make sure I'm alright.

"This is the most important visit. This is it. If there's a problem with this visit then I don't know what I'm going to do."

Daniels laughed and smiled as he said that because no one connected to the Texans expects bad news for him next week.

"There shouldn't be any problems," Daniels said. "I'm not expecting any.
I'm expecting them to say I look great (http://boards.houstontexans.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=309716#).

"I know how my body feels. I know how I'm doing and I feel great, but you always want that kind of blessing from the doctor who did the surgery on you to say you're okay, you're good to go."

Texans general manager Rick Smith and head coach Gary Kubiak wll second that motion.

Ryan
08-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Don't forget Dreessen. Over the last 4 games he was on pace for 832 yards projected to a season. Now he has had even more time to settle in with Schaub.

He was pretty much implied. I just think Casey has alot more upside than Dreesen does. And Dreesen doesn't quite receive the same attention a relatively big name like OD does.

Brisco_County
08-20-2010, 01:17 AM
He was pretty much implied. I just think Casey has alot more upside than Dreesen does. And Dreesen doesn't quite receive the same attention a relatively big name like OD does.

Casey is simply more athletic. He's stronger and has good hands. I honestly don't know why we wouldn't use him as an H-back. He's perfect for it.

HouSportsWriter
08-20-2010, 11:41 AM

Tight end Owen Daniels is hoping to finally join in on Texans practice next week.

“I’m starting to feel like I’m back to normal again,” Daniels said.

Daniels, who is on active/physically unable to perform list, will undergo an MRI in Houston on Tuesday and visit with Dr. James Andrew in Birmingham, Ala., on Wednesday.

“It’s a five-minute visit, but he wants to see me to make sure everything looks good,” Daniels said.

Since Daniels suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in the eighth game at Buffalo, the plan has been to try to have him ready for the opening game against Indianapolis on Sept. 12. Head coach Gary Kubiak mentioned earlier in the week that if Daniels were to be cleared to play before preseason ends, he could possibly play in the last preseason game on Sept. 2 against Tampa Bay.

Daniels said the wait has been long enough, and he has almost fully overcome all of the obstacles after the knee injury.

“Getting past the mental block of forgetting about the route I was running when I heard it pop has been the hardest part,” Daniels said. “It was really spooky at first, but I’m just about ready to go

I did not see this posted. if there is fill free to delete

:edit:

thanks for moveing

Tailgate
08-20-2010, 12:33 PM
# Welker's comeback is extraordinary. Daniels is hoping to be cleared to practice next week. He's been working out like a fiend by himself. about 12 hours ago via web

# I watched Texans TE Owen Daniels blow out a knee in the 8th game and he's not ready. I watched Wes Welker do the same in the 16th game.

http://twitter.com/mcclain_on_nfl

McClain makes a good point. Welker must be a machine.

b0ng
08-20-2010, 12:45 PM

Wes Welker is like 75% HGH 10% Scrappiness and 15% Grit right now.

GP
08-20-2010, 01:09 PM

I wonder if it's the size/weight that's exerted onto the knee(s)?

The two players are not similar in this respect.

Tailgate
08-20-2010, 01:21 PM
I wonder if it's the size/weight that's exerted onto the knee(s)?

The two players are not similar in this respect.

Could be. Wonder if the multiple ACLs OD has had to deal with also has something to do with it.

gary
08-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Wes has had just one tear that I am aware of.

JB
08-20-2010, 02:05 PM

I can't believe you actually follow that nincompoop!

Señor Stan
08-20-2010, 02:25 PM
I can't believe you actually follow that nincompoop!

Hey it's hot out there. If you follow John McClain you are guaranteed PLENTY of shade!

beerlover
08-20-2010, 02:58 PM

might provide excellent late round fantasy football value too :specnatz:

GP
08-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Could be. Wonder if the multiple ACLs OD has had to deal with also has something to do with it.

I know CND knows this answer, but am just thinking out loud here: Is there different types of tears? What if Welker's tear was different, in some form or fashion, than Daniels/ tear?

I think there could be anatomically-related reasons as to why one person can recover faster (seemingly, though what if Welker blows it out TOMORROW?) than another. Seems plausible.

I would think repeated tears, over the course of many years, points to more of the same down the road. Again, just using simple math and not really sure of the science or validity behind my theory. I'm just spit-ballin' here...

The Pencil Neck
08-20-2010, 03:40 PM
I know CND knows this answer, but am just thinking out loud here: Is there different types of tears? What if Welker's tear was different, in some form or fashion, than Daniels/ tear?

I think there could be anatomically-related reasons as to why one person can recover faster (seemingly, though what if Welker blows it out TOMORROW?) than another. Seems plausible.

I would think repeated tears, over the course of many years, points to more of the same down the road. Again, just using simple math and not really sure of the science or validity behind my theory. I'm just spit-ballin' here...

Yes.

CloakNNNdagger
08-20-2010, 05:01 PM

Yes.

Yes to all. You and The Pencil Neck will soon make me feel so unneeded.:thinking:

The Pencil Neck
08-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Yes to all. You and The Pencil Neck will soon make me feel so unneeded.:thinking:

Ha!

Where'd you put that sarcasm smiley?

CloakNNNdagger
08-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Ha!

Where'd you put that sarcasm smiley?

No sarcasm. There are some knowledgeable fans on this MB, that are becoming even more knowledgeable with time.:bravo:

GP
08-20-2010, 05:15 PM

I know this might sound braggy, and I don't mean to do so, but reading your analysis and expertise on this stuff has made me think a lot differently about the human body. I am now starting to have this mantra of WWCNDS...which means What Would CND Say? LOL.

There is so many angles and a depth to the condition and functions of the human body. I truly admire physicians for what they have to know and how they have to retain and USE that information each day. Remarkable.

I doubt you will be rendered unneded. LOL.

CloakNNNdagger
08-20-2010, 06:32 PM

His other ACL injuries (one including an MCL) occured in the other knee. Unless his other knee has residual instability, it is unlikely that his history would affect his present recovery. Whatever caused his "set back" we were never told. As you all have pointed out, there is a weight difference.......60 pounds, which could possibly be A factor. But keep in mind that Welker's knee suffered both an ACL and MCL tear, which theoretically, should be A factor in his recovery also. So that does leave us with yet another theoretical point. The decision to put him back on the field may be TOO SOON, which would exposed him to increased risk of recurrent injury. And again, I guess, unexplainable "miraculous" recoveries can happen.

Brisco_County
08-20-2010, 10:51 PM
His other ACL injuries (one including an MCL) occured in the other knee. Unless his other knee has residual instability, it is unlikely that his history would affect his present recovery. Whatever caused his "set back" we were never told. As you all have pointed out, there is a weight difference.......60 pounds, which could possibly be A factor. But keep in mind that Welker's knee suffered both an ACL and MCL tear, which theoretically, should be A factor in his recovery also. So that does leave us with yet another theoretical point. The decision to put him back on the field may be TOO SOON, which would exposed him to increased risk of recurrent injury. And again, I guess, unexplainable "miraculous" recoveries can happen.

OD's recovery time is on par for that injury, so I'm not too worried about him being ready. I am worried about his knees in general though. If he re-tears the same ligament in either knee, he's probably done.

I don't think Welker has Wolverine X-Factor healing, but I do think his primary injury was probably the MCL, with the ACL being damaged to a lesser degree. That's all speculation of course, but I'll stand by it as long as I don't have to put money down.

CloakNNNdagger
08-21-2010, 12:29 PM
OD's recovery time is on par for that injury, so I'm not too worried about him being ready. I am worried about his knees in general though. If he re-tears the same ligament in either knee, he's probably done.

I don't think Welker has Wolverine X-Factor healing, but I do think his primary injury was probably the MCL, with the ACL being damaged to a lesser degree. That's all speculation of course, but I'll stand by it as long as I don't have to put money down.

As you pointed out, we have no details of the extent of the ACL tear, so a partial tear of that ligament could be a possibility..........and the recovery, if based on mostly a complete MCL tear could explain the shorter recovery, which would be expected (as compared to a complete ACL tear). Nice potential deduction, BC.

J_R
08-24-2010, 04:59 PM
"Scan and MRI say I'm 100%" (http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/100824-great-news-for-texans%27-daniels)

ChampionTexan
08-24-2010, 05:26 PM
"Scan and MRI say I'm 100%" (http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/100824-great-news-for-texans%27-daniels)

I believe he sees Dr. Andrews tomorrow. Hopefully, this issue will be closed after that (except for holding our breaths that he bounces back quickly and doesn't injure/re-injure it going forward).

gary
08-24-2010, 05:56 PM
This is great news.

False Start
08-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Cool. I hope he can make a full recovery, and go back to being the bad ass weather man we all know and love. :cool: