PDA

View Full Version : video: Caldwell picking up blitz

dalemurphy
08-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Barrett and I should have some video up tonight pointing out the Slaton injury, Shelley Smith's excellent play, and some other things of note. Here's the AJ TD.. Watch the RG (caldwell). He blocks the DT, then slides over and stones the A-gap blitzer. Great play! we could've used that last year versus NYJets, for instance.

http://www.texansbullblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/081410-Caldwell-Block.avi

The Pencil Neck
08-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Barrett and I should have some video up tonight pointing out the Slaton injury, Shelley Smith's excellent play, and some other things of note. Here's the AJ TD.. Watch the RG (caldwell). He blocks the DT, then slides over and stones the A-gap blitzer. Great play! we could've used that last year versus NYJets, for instance.

Hang on... having problems.

When you get this thing up, don't forget to point out Dreessen's excellent blocking on that play, too.

dalemurphy
08-18-2010, 11:08 AM
When you get this thing up, don't forget to point out Dreessen's excellent blocking on that play, too.

You did it... I'd mention also, that Garrett Graham had an excellent night blocking, as well. Tonight, we hope to put video up of a Jeremiah Johnson off-tackle run when Graham and Shelley Smith had amazing blocks to create the hole.

CloakNNNdagger
08-18-2010, 11:47 AM

http://www.texansbullblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/081410-Caldwell-Block.avi

You and Barret could probably take this video clip approach to a next level by introducing SLOW MOTION. This can be done either on your end using Windows Movie Maker........or on fans' own computers. It's simple and effective and allows you to see things that are easily missed in real time. I just viewed your Caldwell clip after importing into Windows Movie Maker and forcing half speed. Quite interesting. Just a suggestion.:tiphat:

JB
08-18-2010, 11:53 AM
You and Barret could probably take this video clip approach to a next level by introducing SLOW MOTION. This can be done either on your end using Windows Movie Maker........or on fans' own computers. It's simple and effective and allows you to see things that are easily missed in real time. I just viewed your Caldwell clip after importing into Windows Movie Maker and forcing half speed. Quite interesting. Just a suggestion.:tiphat:

And a good one. I had to watch it 5 times to see the whole play.

stevn8r
08-18-2010, 12:08 PM
due to that good blocking, Matt had two viable check downs to Vonta and Foster...Had he needed it, a throw to Vonta would/could have gone for atleast 10 yards with a down field block from Foster...decent play all the way around!
Rep to ya, keep 'em coming

Must spread! doh!

ATXtexanfan
08-18-2010, 12:18 PM
this is why football is the ultimate team sport

Brisco_County
08-18-2010, 02:08 PM

Going off of what CND said, you might want to find someone with a Mac to edit and compress these clips in Final Cut. Though I'm a PC guy, Final Cut is the best editing software (Hollywood uses it) and it has the best encoders. In a few months I'll probably have a Mac just for that, and I could do it for you. That way you could put really sharp, fully edited videos on Youtube.