PDA

View Full Version : Let's Re-Sack the Saints Saturday

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Brees took only 20 sacks last year (Schaub only 25).........but that makes him plenty sackable with our new renewed and refreshed D. Throw in the fact that he fumbled 10 times of which he lost the ball 6 of those times.........and I'm seeing one big target on the Saints QB Saturday.

Let us bring them back to Yesteryear when groceries were bagged, and the Saints' QBs came prepared to be sacked while their fans came already "sacked."

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/image/1980/11/11/001291527.jpg

steelbtexan
08-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Great picture,

I'm looking forward to seeing how the defense plays against the Saints this week and the Cowgirls next week.

This should give us a good idea where the Texans stand as a team. Last year the Saints took the Texans to the proverbial woodshed in practices and the game. They ended up winning the SB. Now it's time for a little pay back. LOL

Brisco_County
08-18-2010, 02:22 AM
The way we handled the Cardinals' first and second string last week is how we were handled by the Saints last year. We have a different D this time around. It'll be interesting.

And it'll be hard for me to cheer for a Brees sack out loud since he's the hometown hero around here.

ObsiWan
08-18-2010, 02:42 AM
Wonder if the T/C scuffles we heard so much about last year will resurface this time around...?

thunderkyss
08-18-2010, 08:24 AM
The way we handled the Cardinals' first and second string last week is how we were handled by the Saints last year. We have a different D this time around. It'll be interesting.

And it'll be hard for me to cheer for a Brees sack out loud since he's the hometown hero around here.

I think this is a good observation. At the same time, I think we should prepare ourselves for looking "not as good" as we might think. This OL will be by far the best OL we've faced since the last time we saw the Saints in the PreSeason.

It will be a true test.

GP
08-18-2010, 08:43 AM
That has to be the largest paper grocery sack I have ever seen.

LOL. That thing is huge.

BIG TORO
08-18-2010, 08:46 AM
I don't want the Texans to play to hard and risk injury, I don't mind if we lose every pre season game as long as come game 1 we rip the field from under the Colts.

The Pencil Neck
08-18-2010, 09:06 AM
I don't want the Texans to play to hard and risk injury, I don't mind if we lose every pre season game as long as come game 1 we rip the field from under the Colts.

You get injured by not playing hard. So I want everyone to play hard.

I just want our starters out as soon as possible.

rmartin65
08-18-2010, 09:16 AM

Word. The minute you ease up is when you get whacked.

And I agree with your second point as well. Some starters (Foster, AJ, Schaub, etc) I would be ok with only playing one series.

HOU-TEX
08-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Great picture,

I'm looking forward to seeing how the defense plays against the Saints this week and the Cowgirls next week.

This should give us a good idea where the Texans stand as a team. Last year the Saints took the Texans to the proverbial woodshed in practices and the game. They ended up winning the SB. Now it's time for a little pay back. LOL

That's hogwash. We went toe to toe with them in practice not only in fights but on the field.

Our D did get their butts handed to them during the game. Missed assignments kicked our butts and apparently iy took us a few weeks to get them hammered out.

gary
08-18-2010, 09:50 AM
I thought Brees was too short to play QB in the NFL.

CloakNNNdagger
08-18-2010, 09:52 AM

HE IS!!!!!!:tiphat:

thunderkyss
08-18-2010, 09:53 AM

I think it is more about probability, than a hard fast rule. Midgets have been doing fine at QB since the game started.

HOU-TEX
08-18-2010, 09:55 AM

He's a Purdue boy (not that that matters), but brains can sometimes make up for physical deficiencies. If Brees had VY or Chris Johnson's brain......he'd suck

gary
08-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Well, Chris Johnson is better than VY.

Texan_Bill
08-18-2010, 10:12 AM
That's hogwash. We went toe to toe with them in practice not only in fights but on the field.

And that was sans Cush and the bladder punching Bernard "knock the piss out of you" Pollard.

Imagine the practices this season. Whooooweeeeeeee. That's gonna be one urine soaked practice field.

HOU-TEX
08-18-2010, 10:17 AM
And that was sans Cush and the bladder punching Bernard "knock the piss out of you" Pollard.

Imagine the practices this season. Whooooweeeeeeee. That's gonna be one urine soaked practice field.

True that, but going by his comments, they've apparently told Pollard to try to keep it cool. Will that work? Probably not

drs23
08-18-2010, 10:19 AM
True that, but going by his comments, they've apparently told Pollard to try to keep it cool. Will that work? Probably not

Where are these comments of which you speak HOU-TEX?

HOU-TEX
08-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Where are these comments of which you speak HOU-TEX?

In this video from HT.com. Pollard talks a bit at the end. I thinks it's like his 1st or second comment.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/index.asp?mm_file_id=4236&play_clip=y

Texan_Bill
08-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Make the world a better place.

Punch a Saint in the face!!

HOU-TEX
08-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Make the world a better place.

Punch a Saint in the face!!

Especially Shockey.....friggin assbag.....D-Ryans, whoop his ass again

gary
08-18-2010, 10:35 AM
How is Shockey a duche?

CloakNNNdagger
08-18-2010, 10:39 AM
We need to make EVERY house OUR HOUSE.

You might enjoy a little ride down memory lane.

NFL-Shockey Fights with the Texans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjxiN8RESSU)

CloakNNNdagger
08-18-2010, 10:44 AM

I agree with that. But how much experience are you going to take advantage of putting your 1st team against top competition in ONE series...........especially, if it ends up a 3 and out situation?

Texan_Bill
08-18-2010, 10:45 AM

Shockey is like the perineum....

The Pencil Neck
08-18-2010, 10:48 AM
I agree with that. But how much experience are you going to take advantage of putting your 1st team against top competition in ONE series...........especially, if it ends up a 3 and out situation?

That's where the "as possible" clause comes in.

It's a balancing act to get them just enough reps to be primed and ready for the season to start and minimizing the reps to reduce the exposure to possible injuriess.

Dwade
08-18-2010, 10:49 AM
I hope we kick their ass. I'm getting pretty sick of all the bandwagon Saints fans in Houston...it's funny I never remember talking to a Saint's fan before last season...:thinking:

IDEXAN
08-18-2010, 10:56 AM
I could care less if we win by 4 TDs or lose by 4 TDs, let's just minimize the time the starters are in the game to minimize their exposure to injury and
thereby save them for the games that really count, which begin in a very few weeks. The one exception here is the K.Jacksons & Sharptons who need some more experience while at the same time they are being considered as starters. Pro-Bowlers like AJ, DeMeco, Mario, etc. don't need the practice.

Texas T
08-18-2010, 11:18 AM
I hope we kick their ass. I'm getting pretty sick of all the bandwagon Saints fans in Houston...it's funny I never remember talking to a Saint's fan before last season...:thinking:

Actually I would hazard a guess that most of them are from the Katrina bail out. I read (I know I'm in NJ) that alot of the folks from New Orleans are still in the Houston area.

I won't knock them for still cheering for them. Especially since I'm a displaced Houstonion up here in NJ rooting for the Texans.

HOU-TEX
08-18-2010, 11:20 AM
I think the starters played about a quarter and a half last year. I would assume it would be similar this year

gary
08-18-2010, 11:28 AM
I have always liked Drew though and happy that he won a ring.

thunderkyss
08-18-2010, 12:10 PM
I could care less if we win by 4 TDs or lose by 4 TDs, let's just minimize the time the starters are in the game to minimize their exposure to injury and
thereby save them for the games that really count, which begin in a very few weeks. The one exception here is the K.Jacksons & Sharptons who need some more experience while at the same time they are being considered as starters. Pro-Bowlers like AJ, DeMeco, Mario, etc. don't need the practice.

I do not agree with that. I'm as optimistic about about our chances to win it all this year as anybody. But I don't think we are at a place where we know everything.

AJ, maybe there is an argument there. But if Frank Bush isn't adding more wrinkles to his defense, we don't have a shot.

thunderkyss
08-18-2010, 12:12 PM
I have always liked Drew though and happy that he won a ring.

There are a lot of other players out there I would be rooting for before Brees.

He didn't come into the league as that guy you see throwing the pigskin in Nawlins. If it weren't for the way he was treated in San Diego, you probably wouldn't know who he is now.

ATXtexanfan
08-18-2010, 12:16 PM
this will be interesting for our secondary

gary
08-18-2010, 12:32 PM

He didn't come into the league as that guy you see throwing the pigskin in Nawlins. If it weren't for the way he was treated in San Diego, you probably wouldn't know who he is now.Am I missing something? What did he do?

Texan_Bill
08-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Am I missing something? What did he do?

He was basically screwed over in San Diego when they drafted Phillip Rivers. He became expendable after being a three or four year starter.

Now, as far as not knowing who he was or would've been if he stayed in San Diego, I call horse pucky. He had a couple of pretty damn good seasons there. Also, being Texas homeboy, we would always know who he was and follow his career (at least from afar).

gary
08-18-2010, 12:45 PM
He was basically screwed over in San Diego when they drafted Phillip Rivers. He became expendable after being a three or four year starter.

Now, as far as not knowing who he was or would've been if he stayed in San Diego, I call horse pucky. He had a couple of pretty damn good seasons there. Also, being Texas homeboy, we would always know who he was and follow his career (at least from afar).
I thought he has pulled some B.S. I was not aware of.

Texan_Bill
08-18-2010, 12:46 PM
I thought he has pulled some B.S. I was not aware of.

No... He's been a model citizen his entire NFL career.

gary
08-18-2010, 12:48 PM
No... He's been a model citizen his entire NFL career.That is why I have always liked him.

Texan_Bill
08-18-2010, 12:49 PM
That is why I have always liked him.

I hate him!!

thunderkyss
08-18-2010, 12:49 PM

They were clearly disappointed in him, they drafted Phillip Rivers.

If it were a "can't make it in the NFL" issue, or a wrong organization issue, I can't say. It might have been an issue of not being ready to start. I don't know. I've also heard getting Antonio Gates is what sparked those good years in San Diego. The fact remains, San Diego was disappointed with him.

But this wasn't very long after the Ryan Leaf Fiasco, and San Diego didn't appear to have the patience to see how it was going to play out.

Then when he tore up his throwing shoulder, it was, "Nice knowing you pal... don't let the door hit you..."

gary
08-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Gates is not in N.O.

thunderkyss
08-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Gates is not in N.O.

Are you on the same page?

Nobody said Gates was in N.O.

Brees was playing at a Pro Bowl level his last 2 years in San Diego (Bill just mentioned this).

gary
08-18-2010, 12:54 PM
I hate him!!Why?

Texan_Bill
08-18-2010, 12:55 PM

If it were a "can't make it in the NFL" issue, or a wrong organization issue, I can't say. It might have been an issue of not being ready to start. I don't know. I've also heard getting Antonio Gates is what sparked those good years in San Diego. The fact remains, San Diego was disappointed with him.

But this wasn't very long after the Ryan Leaf Fiasco, and San Diego didn't appear to have the patience to see how it was going to play out.

Then when he tore up his throwing shoulder, it was, "Nice knowing you pal... don't let the door hit you..."

The bolded is simply NOT true.

They weren't "clearly disappointed" in him. The season Rivers was drafted, Brees had a QB rating of 104.8, threw 27 TD's against 7 INT's.. Who in their right mind would be disappointed in that?? Rivers fell in their lap during the 2004 draft (4th pick / 1st round). After two seasons they had two starting caliber QB's and as is all too often, they thought "the grass was greener.". (meaning they opted for Rivers).

gary
08-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Are you on the same page?

Nobody said Gates was in N.O.

Brees was playing at a Pro Bowl level his last 2 years in San Diego (Bill just mentioned this).I was just talking because you posted you heard Gates is the reason he played like that that's all.

Austrian
08-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Brees basically destroyed his throwing shoulder at one point. San Diego drafted Rivers so they didn't need him anymore. He indented to go to Miami but they weren't sure if he could still play because of his shoulder, so he went to NOLA. Rest is history.

thunderkyss
08-18-2010, 01:02 PM
The bolded is simply NOT true.

They weren't "clearly disappointed" in him. The season Rivers was drafted, Brees had a QB rating of 104.8, threw 27 TD's against 7 INT's.. Who in their right mind would be disappointed in that?? Rivers fell in their lap during the 2004 draft (4th pick / 1st round). After two seasons they had two starting caliber QB's and as is all too often, they thought "the grass was greener.". (meaning they opted for Rivers).

The San Diego Chargers, like all other NFL teams, do not visit witches, or consult Ouigi boards or Crystal balls when they prepare for the draft.

Phillip Rivers was drafted in 2004, before Brees finished with a rating of 104.8 QB rating, in 2004.

He had a 67.5 rating in 2003, the season leading up to the draft in which Rivers was drafted. 11 TDs, 15 INTs, 191 yards per game.

JB
08-18-2010, 01:07 PM
The San Diego Chargers, like all other NFL teams, do not visit witches, or consult Ouigi boards or Crystal balls when they prepare for the draft.

Phillip Rivers was drafted in 2004, before Brees finished with a rating of 104.8 QB rating, in 2004.

He had a 67.5 rating in 2003, the season leading up to the draft in which Rivers was drafted. 11 TDs, 15 INTs, 191 yards per game.

Wasn't he also splitting time with Flutie?

RazorOye
08-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Shockey is like the perineum....

and Shockey was the first Saint to pull over and help a wheelchair-bound fan put his wheelchair up and get into the car.

And he held a "Date with Jeremy Shockey" and the winner he selected was a 10-year old fan and his mother who had lost a father/husband to kidney cancer.

I think that he's neither angel nor demon but probably somewhere in between. A highly talented guy with a big ego and a big heart.

As for the game - good luck.

The D struggled mightily in game 1. Williams has been on them since. Will it have an impact? WHo knows?

Questions for the 1st line D are numerous -

What kind of pressure can we get from the end opposite W Smith?

Will Tracy Porter have a better game than he did vs the Pats?

Will the Saints tackle better than the last game (is it even possible that they could tackle worse?)

How will Shanle perform moving from WILL to SAM?

How will 2nd year UDFA Casillas perform taking over for Shanle at the WILL?

Houston's offense will provide a very good test for this defense.

Offensively, the Saints didn't click until the 3rd drive and Brees was frustrated.

The OLine today had a bit of drama - Carl Nicks (who had a terrific rookie year as the other guard and who, along with Jahri Evans, makes up perhaps the best young G tandem in the NFL) was demoted to second string. Apparently to light a fire under him? But he didn't care for the move and said so. We'll see.

For those of you headed to the game, enjoy New Orleans and thanks for visiting!

Texan_Bill
08-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Why?

While he is a Texan, he's not "a TEXAN"!!!

Texan_Bill
08-18-2010, 01:28 PM
and Shockey was the first Saint to pull over and help a wheelchair-bound fan put his wheelchair up and get into the car.

And he held a "Date with Jeremy Shockey" and the winner he selected was a 10-year old fan and his mother who had lost a father/husband to kidney cancer.

I think that he's neither angel nor demon but probably somewhere in between. A highly talented guy with a big ego and a big heart.

As for the game - good luck.

The D struggled mightily in game 1. Williams has been on them since. Will it have an impact? WHo knows?

Questions for the 1st line D are numerous -

What kind of pressure can we get from the end opposite W Smith?

Will Tracy Porter have a better game than he did vs the Pats?

Will the Saints tackle better than the last game (is it even possible that they could tackle worse?)

How will Shanle perform moving from WILL to SAM?

How will 2nd year UDFA Casillas perform taking over for Shanle at the WILL?

Houston's offense will provide a very good test for this defense.

Offensively, the Saints didn't click until the 3rd drive and Brees was frustrated.

The OLine today had a bit of drama - Carl Nicks (who had a terrific rookie year as the other guard and who, along with Jahri Evans, makes up perhaps the best young G tandem in the NFL) was demoted to second string. Apparently to light a fire under him? But he didn't care for the move and said so. We'll see.

For those of you headed to the game, enjoy New Orleans and thanks for visiting!

And?? I know several folks that are generous / charitable and yet still Asshats! Warren Moon made the city of Houston is home for 10+ years. Charitable and generous- yes!! Asshat? Most def.

Second Honeymoon
08-18-2010, 01:32 PM
I sure hope the Texans embarass the Saints. Saints fan needs to get the hell out of our city and go back to that urinal they call a city. Never before has a group of fans been so classless and horrible than Saints fans were last year at preseason. No class Saints fans.

And after them intentionally injuring Favre, I hope they never get a sniff of anything ever again. I have no problem hitting quarterbacks and taking them out. That is part of the game. But to intentionally go after players knees and ankles, especially in a pileup, is just chicken shit.

If the refs had any balls they would have called another roughing penalty, but they had called one the play before and didn't want back to back....so instead, they rewarded classless tactics and rewarded intentionally injuring someone.

You don't pull that stuff and when/if Brees goes out for the year, they can thank the karma they received for having scumbags on their team that intentionally try and injure people in a pile/tackle.

I hate the Saints and I really can't stand their fans. Get the hell out of our city and go back to the festering pile of doo-doo that is New Orleans.

JB
08-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Wow! What class! :sarcasm:

gary
08-18-2010, 01:37 PM
While he is a Texan, he's not "a TEXAN"!!!
You know the Texans will always be number one in my book.

RazorOye
08-18-2010, 01:43 PM
I sure hope the Texans embarass the Saints. Saints fan needs to get the hell out of our city and go back to that urinal they call a city. Never before has a group of fans been so classless and horrible than Saints fans were last year at preseason. No class Saints fans.

And after them intentionally injuring Favre, I hope they never get a sniff of anything ever again. I have no problem hitting quarterbacks and taking them out. That is part of the game. But to intentionally go after players knees and ankles, especially in a pileup, is just chicken shit.

If the refs had any balls they would have called another roughing penalty, but they had called one the play before and didn't want back to back....so instead, they rewarded classless tactics and rewarded intentionally injuring someone.

You don't pull that stuff and when/if Brees goes out for the year, they can thank the karma they received for having scumbags on their team that intentionally try and injure people in a pile/tackle.

I hate the Saints and I really can't stand their fans. Get the hell out of our city and go back to the festering pile of doo-doo that is New Orleans.

:splits:

BigBull17
08-18-2010, 01:44 PM

:clap::clap::clap: Imagine it nice and slow. I approve this message.

08-18-2010, 01:50 PM
That thing is huge.

that's what she said

Texan_Bill
08-18-2010, 01:50 PM

Since when were you so reserved and sugar coating things?? :fingergun:

BIG TORO
08-18-2010, 03:31 PM
Boddog has us favored on the odds by 1 point.

CloakNNNdagger
08-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Boddog has us favored on the odds by 1 point.

And if I may ask, what IS the point?:)

Rey
08-18-2010, 06:39 PM

I dunno...

If I recall correctly before he hurt his shoulder there was a controversy as to whether they were going to keep Brees or trade Rivers. When he tore up his shoulder I think it made the decision easy.

thunderkyss
08-18-2010, 07:24 PM
I dunno...

If I recall correctly before he hurt his shoulder there was a controversy as to whether they were going to keep Brees or trade Rivers. When he tore up his shoulder I think it made the decision easy.

That is exactly the way it went, except that was after they had already drafted Rivers. They had already drafted Rivers, because they were already three years into the Drew Brees experiment. After riding the pine in 2001, he started 16 games in 2002 (76.9 QB rating) he started 11 games in 2003 (67.5).

Did I mention they drafted a QB in the first round? #1 overall? They couldn't make that guy happy, so they traded him for another QB? They were pretty set on spending some serious cheddar on a QB. You don't do that, if you think your franchise QB is already on the roster.

gary
08-18-2010, 07:25 PM
They got lucky because nether one are bad QB's.

thunderkyss
08-18-2010, 07:28 PM
They got lucky because nether one are bad QB's.

And now the circle is complete.

He didn't come into the league as that guy you see throwing the pigskin in Nawlins. If it weren't for the way he was treated in San Diego, you probably wouldn't know who he is now.

Am I missing something? What did he do?

gary
08-18-2010, 07:32 PM
And now the circle is complete.
It is a win, win for both.

Honoring Earl 34
08-18-2010, 08:09 PM
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/08/houston_texans_outshine_new_or.html

Houston's first-string offense cruised 60 yards down the field against the Saints' first-string defense for a touchdown during a two-minute drill - even without top receiving targets, receiver Andre Johnson and tight end Owen Daniels on the field. Quarterback Matt Schaub completed a series of mid-range passes before hitting tight end Joel Dreessen for a 4-yard touchdown pass. Dreessen got open in the back of the end zone past linebacker Jonathan Vilma after Schaub had tons of time to throw.

Texan_Bill
08-18-2010, 08:12 PM
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/08/houston_texans_outshine_new_or.html

Nice!!!

3 nights and a wake-up! :texanbill:

Earl, you coming to New Orleans? I think JB still has a ticket or two.

JB
08-18-2010, 08:15 PM

Nice find! Thanks! I also read where Walter hauled in a long pass.

JB
08-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Nice!!!

Earl, you coming to New Orleans? I think JB still has a ticket or two.

Yes, I think I do. Love to have you there representing with us man!

Honoring Earl 34
08-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Yes, I think I do. Love to have you there representing with us man!

That's tempting .

JB
08-18-2010, 08:21 PM
That's tempting .

Come on with us! I have tickets & rooms. I can even pick you up if you would help drive... or even if you just wanna ride.

Texan_Bill
08-18-2010, 08:36 PM
That's tempting .

Don't be a Puh Ce.... Take the plunge. The water is great!! PM JB!

jlam
08-20-2010, 02:00 PM

http://media.nola.com/tpphotos/photo/saints-super-bowl-ring-ceremony-e7699003146e943f_large.jpg

jlam
08-20-2010, 02:06 PM
And it's funny how people have selective memories about some things so as to set themselves up for success. Some of you have this weird memory of the Saints taking it to the Texans last year and blowing them away on the field, but that's not really what happened at all.

The practices were intense and I'd say the Saints were a little more physical but it was fairly even. I was there. Then in the game both starting offenses scored on their first drives and not again. Score was 7-7 when the backup QBs came in towards the end of the first half. Score got out of hand since the Texan's second team couldn't stop the run.

One Time
08-20-2010, 08:25 PM

A festering pile of doo doo to one is heaven to another. I would never, and ever will take up permanent residence in Houston when I can live in NOLA.

How does football talk turn into this anyway? Are you sad?

Texan_Bill
08-20-2010, 09:09 PM
22 hours, 51 minutes to kickoff!

JB
08-20-2010, 09:11 PM
22 hours, 51 minutes to kickoff!

:woot2:

Texan_Bill
08-20-2010, 09:12 PM
http://media.nola.com/tpphotos/photo/saints-super-bowl-ring-ceremony-e7699003146e943f_large.jpg

HA!! It only took y'all 20 years to make it to the playoffs and 43 years to win that Super Bowl...

steelbtexan
08-21-2010, 12:44 AM

LOL

Love the festering pile of doo doo refrence.

Just remember that alot of New Orleans doo doo still resides in this fair city.

Thanks Bill White

jlam
08-21-2010, 10:10 AM
HA!! It only took y'all 20 years to make it to the playoffs and 43 years to win that Super Bowl...

http://media.nj.com/super_bowl_blog/photo/drew-brees-lombardi-trophy-super-bowl-xliv-1021813189cbfe81_large.jpg