PDA

View Full Version : Ndamakong Suh

thunderkyss
08-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Anybody watch this game? I'm watching bits of it now, Ndamukong had a very good series (man!! that Sum'bich is strong)... second series not looking too good. Looks like a rookie against the double team, which I think Pittsburgh realized they had better do after that first series.

El Tejano
08-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Anybody watch this game? I'm watching bits of it now, Ndamukong had a very good series (man!! that Sum'bich is strong)... second series not looking too good. Looks like a rookie against the double team, which I think Pittsburgh realized they had better do after that first series.

Yes he was literally pushing the guard back into the QB. The second series he was being double teamed but if you notice, the linebackers and Vandenbosch were getting to the QB with alot of ease mainly because of Suh's ability to draw a double team.

Texan4Ever
08-17-2010, 11:33 AM
I don't think he recorded any stats but their defensive line was getting in the quarterbacks face series after series. Kyle Vanden Bosch was doing very well and still has enough left in his tank to be a dominat player. Cliff Avril did really well for an undersized DE.

Yankee_In_TX
08-17-2010, 12:13 PM
No, but we would have just to watch Suh!

Ryan
08-17-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm definitely going to keep my eye out for the Lions the next couple of years. I think they have potential to make significant strides this year(6 or 7 wins, maybe?) and be competing for playoffs come next season. They have quite a few good pieces in place at this point.

toronto
08-17-2010, 07:43 PM
My best friend is a diehard Lion fan that has been driven to the ground and defeated - I was damn excited for him when the Lions got Suh, but he's completely convinced that his team is cursed, and somehow this kid will blow his knee out again.

I'll never forget attending the Thanksgiving Day massacre when the Titans beat them so bad that fans were chanting 0 and 16.

I sure hope my buddy's wrong on all fronts, the kid has the potential to make that D one of the NFL's best ASAP. He's that disruptive/special, and the team's longtime suffering fans deserve a little sunshine.

Kulluminatii
08-17-2010, 07:49 PM
He's that disruptive/special, and the team's longtime suffering fans deserve a little sunshine.

I totally agree with you, I thought I had it bad these past few years as a Raiders fan, but that is nothing compared to being a Lions fan. I hope they do well this season, they got a great head coach, I believe they got a franchise QB and if Jahvid Best can play as well as he used to before his injury they will have an amazing offense. Their defense might end up being even better with all the additions they made to it. I think Suh will do well this year, but his breakout season probably won't occur until 2011.

bah007
08-18-2010, 09:46 AM
I really think Suh compares well to Warren Sapp.

thunderkyss
08-18-2010, 11:15 AM
I really think Suh compares well to Warren Sapp.

Ooh... I'm not seeing that. I only saw that one good series, but he looked too much like a brute to compare with the quick, relentless Warren Sapp.

bah007
08-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Ooh... I'm not seeing that. I only saw that one good series, but he looked too much like a brute to compare with the quick, relentless Warren Sapp.

He has really good feet. I think once he gets used to the talent jump we will see more of that.

toronto
08-18-2010, 01:09 PM

To me, he's more like Haynesworth, minus weight issues and the shitty attitude, and much more potentially consistent.