PDA

View Full Version : Other RB Options

JWarren14
08-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Last year we survived thanks to Schaub's breakout full 16 game season, and he did so with no running game.

We have Foster, who looks good, but is still unproven through a full NFL season.

Slaton, love him, but we can't risk losing a turnover in games. His big play to big turnover ratio is not in his favor.

Henry/Johnson, both run hard, but struggle in pass protection which is vital to this offense.

If Foster goes down *knock on wood* we are in theory really light at RB.

Is there anyone out there worth bringing in. I watched a little of the Broncos/Bengals game and like what I saw from Cincy's RB James Johnson. He had a few nice one-cut and go runs AND he pounded one in on the GL when it looked the Broncos were going to make a stand.

Not in panic mode, but a little uneasy after losing Tate, we have a lot riding on Foster right now.

The Pencil Neck
08-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Not a lot out there right now.

We're probably going to have to wait for the cut downs of the rosters which aren't until after the last preseason game.

Tatum Bell is out there but hasn't played for a year. Who knows if he's even still in shape.

Westbrook will probably sign with the Rams today.

We could maybe make a trade.

Now we just have to hope that the injury to Tate fulfills our RB injury quota for the year.

Dutchrudder
08-16-2010, 01:58 PM
I think Brian Westbrook deserves a chance. He's the best available and we could probably sign him for the minimum.

The1ApplePie
08-16-2010, 01:59 PM
I'd say Maroney.

Rey
08-16-2010, 02:08 PM
If the Texans wanted Westbrook I think they could have had him.

gg no re
08-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Tatum Bell is out there but hasn't played for a year. Who knows if he's even still in shape.

Bell might be a real steal, he might even be able to add to our takeaway stats

The Pencil Neck
08-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Bell might be a real steal, he might even be able to add to our takeaway stats

Ha! I forgot about Tatum's ignominious departure from the NFL! lol

nero THE zero
08-17-2010, 09:35 AM
I'd say Maroney.

I've been beating the Maroney drum for a couple of years now. He'd be a good fit in our offense. But, the Pats are apparently liking him a lot more this year.

Tashard Choice would obviously be another great option, though the Cowboys are supposedly reluctant to deal him given Jones and Barber's injury issues.

Derrick Ward is supposed to be on the bubble in Tampa with the emergence of Kareem Huggins. He's someone who might be a nice complimentary piece here.