PDA

View Full Version : Okoye

El Tejano
08-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Just looking at the game again. Noticed he was getting good penetration and was pretty much responsible for Mario's second sack. That's what we need from him.

Kimmy
08-15-2010, 08:37 PM
He's in GREAT shape, I'm hoping this is his year to REALLY take off.

newtexan
08-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Thats what competition does, hopefully the young guys learn from the vets and keep pushing em.

V3rm0nt3r
08-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Just looking at the game again. Noticed he was getting good penetration and was pretty much responsible for Mario's second sack. That's what we need from him.

I missed the game but I was wondering if you had a rough estimate of how many plays he was in on? I feel like Kubiak should be rotating him in more often than the 12 snaps Mario got.

steelbtexan
08-15-2010, 08:43 PM
As opposed to the last 2 yrs of saving Nigeria. It looks like he dedicated himself to his craft this off season.

Funny how that happens in a contract year.

The Texans have far too much of contract players for my taste.

El Tejano
08-15-2010, 08:45 PM
As opposed to the last 2 yrs of saving Nigeria. It looks like he dedicated himself to his craft this off season.

If it makes you feel better, Earl Mitchell barely missed a sack. We're not going to let Okoye put up a fight with us come contract time.

Dan B.
08-15-2010, 09:17 PM

I think Amobi has a few more years left on his rookie deal. He signed a six year contract (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5004077.html) in 2007 out of college.

steelbtexan
08-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Thought this was a contract yr. I could be wrong.

I hope OkOye either improves his dedication to his craft or becomes a situational player at best.

newtexan
08-15-2010, 09:25 PM
I think Okoye has gotten the message, this might be his break out year, a solid rotation will only make him better,Mitchell is a lock, but they must find a spot for Sheppard.