PDA

View Full Version : post game callers

mikey21
08-14-2010, 10:56 PM
is it me or is there a lot of post game callers that call 610 that have zero idea what they are talking about

Kimmy
08-14-2010, 10:57 PM
You should hear the ones on Sirius XM sometime LOL

SheTexan
08-14-2010, 10:59 PM
I just don't listen to it! Makes me want to yank my radio off the shelf.

BullNation4Life
08-14-2010, 11:01 PM
is it me or is there a lot of post game callers that call 610 that have zero idea what they are talking about

That is everyday, all day long....

Why I have turned my radio off for the next few weeks...

mikey21
08-14-2010, 11:02 PM
i listen to this and think, did they even watch the game or have any idea what is going on

Lucky
08-14-2010, 11:06 PM
i listen to this and think, did they even watch the game or have any idea what is going on
This thread would be more relevant if you discussed what the callers were actually saying.

Honoring Earl 34
08-14-2010, 11:06 PM
What ... we still need VY or Kubiak can't get them fired up .

610 sports has decided that the way to better ratings is to be critical and a bunch of chicken littles . :chicken:

BullNation4Life
08-14-2010, 11:09 PM
What ... we still need VY or Kubiak can't get them fired up .

610 sports has decided that the way to better ratings is to be critical and a bunch of chicken littles . :chicken:

610? critical of the Texans? I thought they were the biggest bunch of homers on the Houston airwaves....

Now 790 and 1560, they don't seem to hold back punches...

J_R
08-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Hard to be critical when you are the flagship station ;) Can't say anything bad. However, they are questioning the final decision of NOT to kick.

Honoring Earl 34
08-14-2010, 11:17 PM
610? critical of the Texans? I thought they were the biggest bunch of homers on the Houston airwaves....

Now 790 and 1560, they don't seem to hold back punches...

I think Lopez and Innes try to be edgy .

Marcus
08-14-2010, 11:38 PM
What's really sad is most of them are probably season ticket holders.

Honoring Earl 34
08-14-2010, 11:46 PM
The Mighty Quinn said being a negative , non homer type , sells .

THE NFL
08-15-2010, 12:41 AM
Lopez is an *****.

610 is THE Texans station.

sakebomb
08-15-2010, 06:34 AM
Hard to be critical when you are the flagship station ;) Can't say anything bad. However, they are questioning the final decision of NOT to kick.

Of course they weren't going to kick. They probably told Booty and the OL to give up the sack too. No way they wanted to go into OT in the preseason.

thunderkyss
08-15-2010, 07:06 AM
I can't get 610 where I live, I mean if I wanted to, I could have streamed it on the internet.

But could they be as bad as the guys who comment to the chronicle? The Article (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7153938.html) pretty much sums the game up pretty good, even that decision, and this is what they say:

Very very good team. Best ever. Once again. Bone head coaching and play calling. Even though its preseason and the third stringers Kubiak seems to be the one not improving and holding his players back. Perfect situation for Rackers to win his job and Kubiak passes it up for a marginal chance at minimal gains and only disaster as the other outcome. He chose the way that had the best possible disaster outcome with Slaton at the goal line and then Rackers not kicking a makeable field goal in a field goal kicking contest. Very disappointed in Kubiak but the rest of the guys look absolutely Elite for the first and second teamers.

Your not getting excuses Kubiak this year. You have the players. That last quarter they made it all on the coach to preserve the lead and playcall his way to a victory. You failed. If we lose. I will lay the blame square on your shoulders after seeing what kind of talent we have. There is no other excuse. Players play but they cant control the plays called.

I'm like, "Wow, it's the freak'n preseason."

m5kwatts
08-15-2010, 07:58 AM
I find that dumb people tend to open their mouths more. Smart people know when to shut up and listen. Thats why the morons call and the smart people just listen.

SheTexan
08-15-2010, 08:02 AM
What's really sad is most of them are probably season ticket holders.

What makes you think that?

FirstTexansFan
08-15-2010, 08:14 AM
I find that dumb people tend to open their mouths more. Smart people know when to shut up and listen. Thats why the morons call and the smart people just listen.

I agree, my grandfather always said, and it's true... "A still mouth, makes a wise head".... :)

False Start
08-15-2010, 08:46 AM
I think Lopez and Innes try to be edgy .

Innes tries to be a fat smart ass, and succeeds.

Yeah the post game callers were pretty lame. I listened for about 20 minutes then hit the sack. :yawn:

BullNation4Life
08-15-2010, 12:11 PM

Yeah the post game callers were pretty lame. I listened for about 20 minutes then hit the sack. :yawn:

It always seems Innes is working on his stand up routine on the air. Everything he says comes off like a stand up comedy act, and a failed one at that...

Goatcheese
08-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Some people are just stupid, and as the saying goes "you can't fix stupid."

Ours 1's dominated their 1's and the backups who were sucking in the 4th quarter won't be in the NFL 3 weeks from now.

False Start
08-15-2010, 12:21 PM
It always seems Innes is working on his stand up routine on the air. Everything he says comes off like a stand up comedy act, and a failed one at that...

Yep, exactly. He knows a lot of things, but when it comes to sports he's not so knowledgeable.

Marcus
08-15-2010, 12:41 PM
I can't get 610 where I live, I mean if I wanted to, I could have streamed it on the internet.

But could they be as bad as the guys who comment to the chronicle? The Article (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7153938.html) pretty much sums the game up pretty good, even that decision, and this is what they say:

I'm like, "Wow, it's the freak'n preseason."

TK, there are a lot of people, including a lot on this MB, that have their minds made up on Kubiak, no matter what the team does this year. They could go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl 100-0, and you still would have some who .would think they did it despite Kubiak being the coach.

Sorry, but in my view, the talk-show callers, and Chronicle commenters aren't that much more moronic than some of the posters. Yeah, there are some that are half-way intelligent, whose posts I enjoy reading. But it seems like they are getting fewer and fewer as the team gets better and better.

It never fails. I'd watch a Texans game, then come here to read the comments, and it's like it's only 5 minutes have gone by before I'd be literally shaking my head. It's no wonder why I'm on some moderator's **** list all the time.

DexmanC
08-15-2010, 12:42 PM

You know 610 has fallen when callers like Mike in Dairy Ashford and
Larry in Stafford would rather wait till Monday to call Matt & Adam
on 790.

nytexan
08-15-2010, 12:49 PM

I can't stand listening to him either, I used to be a big 610 fan but all the guys I liked the best moved on. Innes makes Barry Warner sound like the best guy they have on the air.

Second Honeymoon
08-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Of course they weren't going to kick. They probably told Booty and the OL to give up the sack too. No way they wanted to go into OT in the preseason.

Wow
do you really believe that? Told them to give up the sack

if so you are really mining for excuses
bad call
bad blocking
bad QB
bad head coach

that is why they lost a meaningless game

I actually thought the texans looked great overall
even Myers looked good and I think he is worst starting center in NFL

TexansFanatic
08-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Some dude called 610 this morning and was whining about Ben Tate. He actually tried to say picking Tate in the second round was a wasted pick because now he's hurt. We should have picked someone else, like a free safety.

DUDE: Anyone can get hurt at any time!

I think Houston is home to some of the friendliest people you'll ever meet in a big city. But my goodness there are some mentally challenged folks here, too.

J_R
08-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Some dude called 610 this morning and was whining about Ben Tate. He actually tried to say picking Tate in the second round was a wasted pick because now he's hurt. We should have picked someone else, like a free safety.

I think Houston is home to some of the friendliest people you'll ever meet in a big city. But my goodness there are some mentally challenged folks here, too.

lol I heard that guy. What a da.

bah007
08-16-2010, 02:30 AM

Houston sports fans. I'm surprised we're not all used to it by now.

dskillz
08-16-2010, 10:19 AM

That's every city. There are casual fans and there are hardcore fans. There are casual fans who think they are hardcore fans. People who think that whining and complaining means they are "knowledgable". It's annoying. I would rather talk about Mario's sack, the first team on both sides of the ball, and all the good things I saw Saturday night.

TexansFanatic
08-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Just heard another brilliant caller not more than 30 minutes ago.

He called in to talk to Kyle Kennedy and N.D. Kalu on 610am.

He starts by saying the Texans' problem might be Matt Schaub.

Say what?!?!?

As evidence to support his claim, he submits that Schaub couldn't bring the team back during the second half last night.

Helloooooo!?!?!! Schaub didn't play the second half last night!

Then he says he didn't realize this was just an exhibition game. He thought it counted.

Oh my God. Dude, why are you taking the time to call into the station when you don't have a clue what's going on? Do you just want to hear yourself on the radio?

WOW!!!

gary
08-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Just heard another brilliant caller not more than 30 minutes ago.

He called in to talk to Kyle Kennedy and N.D. Kalu on 610am.

He starts by saying the Texans' problem might be Matt Schaub.

Say what?!?!?

As evidence to support his claim, he submits that Schaub couldn't bring the team back during the second half last night.

Helloooooo!?!?!! Schaub didn't play the second half last night!

Then he says he didn't realize this was just an exhibition game. He thought it counted.

Oh my God. Dude, why are you taking the time to call into the station when you don't have a clue what's going on? Do you just want to hear yourself on the radio?

WOW!!!
I think he's on crack because the problem is the water boy.

TexansFanatic
08-22-2010, 05:44 PM
i think he's on crack because the problem is the water boy.

lol

Second Honeymoon
08-22-2010, 05:44 PM
610 sucks
how rich lord still has a job, I will never know

make the move to 1560 or NFL Sirius

Second Honeymoon
08-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Houston sports fans. I'm surprised we're not all used to it by now.

The same fanbase that makes excuses for Bagwell being a failure
same peeps that made a laundry list of excuses for Carr for 5 years
now they do the same for Kubiak

this crap wouldn't fly in a real sports town

DexmanC
08-22-2010, 05:50 PM
The same fanbase that makes excuses for Bagwell being a failure
same peeps that made a laundry list of excuses for Carr for 5 years
now they do the same for Kubiak

this crap wouldn't fly in a real sports town

I'm really sick of the "Fire Kubiak, and we're guaranteed 3 more
years of mediocrity" crap. This team has ENOUGH talent, just
not enough focus.

But, we'll see how 2010 will be ANY different...

Carr Bombed
08-22-2010, 05:56 PM
610 sucks

I can't stand 1560......everytime I turn on that station they never even talk about sports.

ATXtexanfan
08-22-2010, 07:00 PM
it amazes me how bad houston sports radio is, not like its a major market with 3 pro sports franchises

TexansFanatic
08-22-2010, 07:09 PM
it amazes me how bad houston sports radio is, not like its a major market with 3 pro sports franchises

It's true. It sometimes seems the program directors will put almost anyone behind the microphone just to kill time.

Dwade
08-22-2010, 07:45 PM
610 sucks

I don't know how Barry Warner has a job.

He never lets callers talk, and he just tells boring stories.

Revolution
08-22-2010, 08:52 PM

Thank you! My sentiments exactly.

I used to listen to 610 in the mornings because I STILL can't get 1560 in the car. Matt is a blowhard, so I can't listen to Adam and now that they have both John Lopez AND Josh on with Marc, NO THANK YOU! No sports talk in the morning now...

False Start
08-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Thank you! My sentiments exactly.

I used to listen to 610 in the mornings because I STILL can't get 1560 in the car. Matt is a blowhard, so I can't listen to Adam and now that they have both John Lopez AND Josh on with Marc, NO THANK YOU! No sports talk in the morning now...

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Matt Jackson myself. He arrogant, and a prick. I saw him at an Astros game once, and I'm courteous to everyone no matter who you are. So I walked past him, nodded my head, and said "hey Matt", his response was "do I know you?" he then just kept on walking like he was a celebrity, lol! Little sawed off dwarf. WTF? :cutthroat:

I already didn't like him before but hes really on my sh*t list now.

As far as Marc, hes annoying as hell sometimes, but hes really nice in person. That goes a long way in my book.

Lopez just makes me laugh sometimes because he so well...... dorky, lol. He knows a lot of things, but is also too arrogant, and never wrong.

BigBull17
08-23-2010, 12:17 AM
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Matt Jackson myself. He arrogant, and a prick. I saw him at an Astros game once, and I'm courteous to everyone no matter who you are. So I walked past him, nodded my head, and said "hey Matt", his response was "do I know you?" he then just kept on walking like he was a celebrity, lol! Little sawed off dwarf. WTF? :cutthroat:

I already didn't like him before but hes really on my sh*t list now.

As far as Marc, hes annoying as hell sometimes, but hes really nice in person. That goes a long way in my book.

Lopez just makes me laugh sometimes because he so well...... dorky, lol. He knows a lot of things, but is also too arrogant, and never wrong.

I think you have told that story on here before. Matt is a COMPLETE *******. I don't listen to his worthless little ass ever.

BigBull17
08-23-2010, 12:25 AM
I don't know how John McClain has a job.

He never lets callers talk, and he just tells boring stories.

See how I did that? I HATE 610.

I can't stand 1560......everytime I turn on that station they never even talk about sports.

Yeah, they can get frat boyish over there. Really is no good talk radio. At least at 1560, its actual local fans, not transplants who cheer for the Giants or the 9ers.

Second Honeymoon
08-23-2010, 08:42 AM

They don't talk astros much but why should they
they talk more football and know more about football than any station in town

after a while you gotta mix it up and talk about things in life other than astros middle relief or what prospects they are going to bring up

b0ng
08-23-2010, 09:45 AM
Just did a little dial changing and you have 610 with Vandermeer talking SuperBowl, 790 featuring Matt Jackson calling the Texans the "Washington Generals" and the dudes on 1560 trying to punk some retarded caller named Gilbert, I can see why 97.5 might be the most listened to station.

Dwade
08-23-2010, 05:45 PM
See how I did that? I HATE 610.

Yeah, they can get frat boyish over there. Really is no good talk radio. At least at 1560, its actual local fans, not transplants who cheer for the Giants or the 9ers.

Nice. :shades:

Homeless people off the streets of Houston could beat the 610 hosts.