PDA

View Full Version : Gameday Thread!!!! Cards vs. Texans - Preseason Game 1

Pages : [1] 2 3

Hardcore Texan
08-14-2010, 10:01 AM
Time to get our first official gameday thread of 2010!!!!

Damn, I got goosebumps just typing that!

And now for the bad news, I have to go to a stupid birthday party tonight :pissed:. I plan to hijack their TV, keep one eye on the game and act like I am not mad that I don't get to stay home and pay attention to every detail I can absorb through the TV screen.

And since I am recording the game, I'll watch some when I get home and the rest tomorrow. I am foaming at the mouth for Texans football!

Here's to seeing some key position battles in action and a healthy ball game for both clubs.

:texflag:

Austrian
08-14-2010, 10:04 AM
:fans: Finally we get to see some football. Go Texans!!

Hardcore Texan
08-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Does anyone know what uniform combo they are wearing tonight?

JB
08-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Does anyone know what uniform combo they are wearing tonight?

White Jerseys/Blue Pants

http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/2010UniformCombinations.asp

Thorn
08-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Finally! I've been waiting too $*&$#! long for football season to start again. And now it's here, and we'll have Texans football every weekend for a long time now.

Life is good again for a while. :)

:logo:

TexansBlood
08-14-2010, 11:12 AM
FINALLY!!!!!!! Im so ready and been waiting so long to sit down with a cold beer and watch me some Texans!

Ima fire up the grill at 4pm:roast:

Scooter
08-14-2010, 11:13 AM
:fans: :texflag: :texan: :trophy:

Texan4Ever
08-14-2010, 11:34 AM
As the preseason doesn't count for much, I would like to see all of our rookies get enough playing time so we can see what they are capable of doing. This would be the best time to throw them into the fire as it will help them get used to the pace of the game and give them an idea on how to improve.

MEGA SWATT
08-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Finally. I can't wait. I too have an obligation to attend to. However, I am taping the pregame, the game and whatever show after (news) and I have set the priority and have plenty of recording space--I will however start watching the game from the beginning at 8:15pm.:splits:

kiwitexansfan
08-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Just checked Channelsurfing.net and there is a link to the game on there for those of us who live outside TV coverage.

Looking forward to the game, looking forward to getting to see our new DTs going at it.

Kimmy
08-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Oh gameday thread, how I have missed you!

eriadoc
08-14-2010, 12:42 PM
And now for the bad news, I have to go to a stupid birthday party tonight :pissed:.

Real fans have their priorities in order.

:D

Kaiser Toro
08-14-2010, 12:45 PM
[SIZE="7"]And now for the bad news, I have to go to a stupid birthday party tonight :pissed:. I plan to hijack their TV, keep one eye on the game and act like I am not mad that I don't get to stay home and pay attention to every detail I can absorb through the TV screen.

And since I am recording the game, I'll watch some when I get home and the rest tomorrow. I am foaming at the mouth for Texans football!

I am in the same boat as I have my best friend's 40th birthday party at the Broken Spoke tonight. :foottap:

eriadoc
08-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Man, this thread is already full of FAIL.

Kaiser Toro
08-14-2010, 12:49 PM

Come on man, we are recording it. :)

I love technology, always and forever. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhq0KxHSwHI)

brakos82
08-14-2010, 12:49 PM

As long as it's the fans and not the team, I can't complain.

And I'm going to the Astros game tonight. Against the Pirates, we should win. :ahhaha:

jaayteetx
08-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Going to see Rodney Carrington tonight, so I'll miss it, well not like I could watch it out here in New Mexico anyway. Go Texans!:fans:

HouSportsWriter
08-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Going to see Rodney Carrington tonight, so I'll miss it, well not like I could watch it out here in New Mexico anyway. Go Texans!:fans:

Who?

jaayteetx
08-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Who?

Comedian, funny guy.

eriadoc
08-14-2010, 01:14 PM
I guess the fans have to ease into the scheduling. ;)

Anyway, I'm just pokin' fun. I'm going to be planted in front of the TV in eager anticipation, but that's because I'm a degenerate addict, and even preseason football is a welcome thing at this point.

Malloy
08-14-2010, 01:16 PM
I am in the same boat as I have my best friend's 40th birthday party at the Broken Spoke tonight. :foottap:

Awesome place, have a good one! :=)

I'm heading out for some drinkie too, but since the game will be on at 3-4am here I might be able to catch it tonight... drunk as a mofo :)

IBleedTexans
08-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Come on man, we are recording it. :)

I love technology, always and forever. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhq0KxHSwHI)

I got a wedding shower that I'm supposed to go to, but since I wear the pants I'm not going. For just about n e thing other than football my wife would force me to go.Texans football is where I put my foot down. I don't care if she does threaten to take away me and her time.lol

Hardcore Texan
08-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Real fans have their priorities in order.

:D

On no you di-int

Freaking friends and loved ones, they are supposed to know this stuff!

Lucky it's not reg season or feelings would be getting hurt. :wild:

brakos82
08-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Lucky it's not reg season or feelings would be getting hurt. :wild:

My family knows better than to bug me when the Texans are playing (unless they're watching too)

Hardcore Texan
08-14-2010, 01:27 PM
My family knows better than to bug me when the Texans are playing (unless they're watching too)

Exactamente amigo mio.

m5kwatts
08-14-2010, 01:27 PM
I guess the fans have to ease into the scheduling. ;)

Anyway, I'm just pokin' fun. I'm going to be planted in front of the TV in eager anticipation, but that's because I'm a degenerate addict, and even preseason football is a welcome thing at this point.

I'm with you. I had to have the sit down talk with the girlfriend yesterday and explain to her that starting now I'll be completely useless on weekends until late February. It wasn't well received but the truth is I'm more committed to my relationship with the Texans than to my relationship with her lol :fans:

Cjeremy635
08-14-2010, 01:38 PM

Dude, that's awesome! Let me know how he is. I've wanted to see him for a long ass time. I've seen a few of his acts on Comedy Central. I had his first CD and I loved the TV show Rodney as well.
:fingergun:
As far as Gameday......HELLZZZZ YEAH!

I feel like it's a regular gameday. I already went to HEB and got the football food. I got snacks and figured I'd have a fish fry later. I've been waiting for an agonizing 6 months, so today couldn't get here fast enough.

Hardcore Texan
08-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Also, we should be able to get the replay on NFLN in HD!

dalemurphy
08-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Here's a look at some interesting matchups in tonight's game and a few things about the Arizona Cardinals 2010 team:

Texans Bull Blog (http://www.texansbullblog.com/texans-cardinals-matchups-watch/news/)

Cjeremy635
08-14-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm with you. I had to have the sit down talk with the girlfriend yesterday and explain to her that starting now I'll be completely useless on weekends until late February. It wasn't well received but the truth is I'm more committed to my relationship with the Texans than to my relationship with her lol :fans:

You get extra Mancard privileges this week. :cool:

brakos82
08-14-2010, 01:42 PM

:lol: same way I know better than to bug my girlfriend when the Phillies are on.

The Pencil Neck
08-14-2010, 01:42 PM

It's stuff like this that makes me really, really thankful that my wife <3 the Texans and wants to watch the games with me.

Hardcore Texan
08-14-2010, 01:53 PM
It's stuff like this that makes me really, really thankful that my wife <3 the Texans and wants to watch the games with me.

I am in the same boat. Just to bad my wife's sister HAS to have a bday party today. She doesn't like football and her husband is a cowgirl fan but that TV is going on the game.

Hardcore Texan
08-14-2010, 02:10 PM
Here's a look at some interesting matchups in tonight's game and a few things about the Arizona Cardinals 2010 team:

Texans Bull Blog (http://www.texansbullblog.com/texans-cardinals-matchups-watch/news/)

must spread rep........nice write up!

Rey
08-14-2010, 02:11 PM
My aunt is having a b-day party today...I'm not going...

Well..I might stop in, but I'm not staying too long...I will catch this game

NitroGSXR
08-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Exactamente amigo mio.

So you going to Pluckers tonight?

HouSportsWriter
08-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Today is going bye way to slow!

Topher
08-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Go Texans! :logo:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/DeadBabies4every1/cardinals_suck.jpg

HouSportsWriter
08-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Go Texans! :logo:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/DeadBabies4every1/cardinals_suck.jpg

thats so wrong!!!!!!!!!! R.I.P

Cjeremy635
08-14-2010, 02:33 PM

I'm in the same boat as you, so I don't have to deal with the nagging wife like some others. Even if she doesn't feel like watching the game, she knows how important these next few 6 months are to me. I could care less about any other sport, but football season has a high priority at my house and she totally gets that.

jaayteetx
08-14-2010, 02:39 PM
My wife works most Sundays, so its all good but if not, she KNOWS how much I dig football and the Texans. She's not a big fan of football though, in fact she pretty much hates it because if the Texans lose I'm in a pissy mood for like three days.

brakos82
08-14-2010, 03:06 PM
My wife works most Sundays, so its all good but if not, she KNOWS how much I dig football and the Texans. She's not a big fan of football though, in fact she pretty much hates it because if the Texans lose I'm in a pissy mood for like three days.

Yeah, all of my ex's since '02 know that feeling. :whistles:

Hardcore Texan
08-14-2010, 03:20 PM
So you going to Pluckers tonight?

I can't. I have to go my sis-n-law's birthday party.

Khari
08-14-2010, 03:21 PM
footballz!!!!!

Cjeremy635
08-14-2010, 03:35 PM
footballz!!!!!

http://www.evertonfc.com/assets/_files/images/nov_07/efc__1196079745_Mr-Testicles-penalty.jpg

Showtime100
08-14-2010, 03:47 PM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Texans/Large_Texans_Animation.gif

Hardcore Texan
08-14-2010, 03:50 PM
That's awesome Showtime!

JCTexan
08-14-2010, 03:56 PM
I also have something going on tonight. I'm recording the game and will watch it either from the DVR or when it reruns at midnight on NFL network.

mattieuk
08-14-2010, 03:59 PM

I've been paying a stronger interest in CFL football this summer (although I'm nowhere near into that as I am the Texans!), and have generously switched the channel over many times to let the other half watch her reruns of the Golden Girls, or whatever other rubbish is on, knowing full well, that come Sunday football games, I'll have banked a whole load of 'sorry honey, but this is staying on' points.

:fans:

Shaft75
08-14-2010, 04:27 PM
So, I am in big trouble...

I cancelled the dinner reservations that my wife made 1 month ago.

Shouldn't I be mad at her???

How insensitive to schedule something during a Texans preseason game...

I mean... What about my needs???

Maddict5
08-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Just checked Channelsurfing.net and there is a link to the game on there for those of us who live outside TV coverage.

Looking forward to the game, looking forward to getting to see our new DTs going at it.

no gamepass this yr?

Nawzer
08-14-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm really excited to see how some of our rookies and backup players play. Looking forward to watching Ben Tate and some of these guys in camp who are playing well.

Thorn
08-14-2010, 04:58 PM
LOL at this comment in the Cardinals board game day thread:

Texans fans suck!!! We whooped their A in the last reg season game...this game doesn't count...so who cares. Ko Schaub and the WR (whatever his name is) and move on9

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=50610

False Start
08-14-2010, 05:28 PM
LOL at this comment in the Cardinals board game day thread:

Texans fans suck!!! We whooped their A in the last reg season game...this game doesn't count...so who cares. Ko Schaub and the WR (whatever his name is) and move on9

That statement right there shows this guy has failed at being a football fan. :ok:

SheTexan
08-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Funny!!! 3 hrs before kickoff and this thread is already going strong!! I'm so PUMPED I can't stand myself. My eyes hurt from clock watching too! Dinners done, dips and chips ready, cookies baking (thanks to my daughter) and drinks a chillin! Preseason or not, I'm ready to get this season on the road!!!

GOOOOO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW: a good laugh at all you guys who are a little "sceered" of your wives! From a female point of view, NOONE, and I mean NOONE messes with my football time!!!!!:texflag:

Brandon420tx
08-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Well obviously not everyone can have a wife as cool as you.

False Start
08-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Funny!!! 3 hrs before kickoff and this thread is already going strong!! I'm so PUMPED I can't stand myself. My eyes hurt from clock watching too! Dinners done, dips and chips ready, cookies baking (thanks to my daughter) and drinks a chillin! Preseason or not, I'm ready to get this season on the road!!!

GOOOOO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW: a good laugh at all you guys who are a little "sceered" of your wives! From a female point of view, NOONE, and I mean NOONE messes with my football time!!!!!:texflag:

Its a hell of a feeling aint it? Theres nothing like the feeling you get knowing that football season is finally going to begin. :fans: http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/beavisnbutthead.gif

I'm cooking up New York Strip, scalloped potatoes, and some fresh corn on the cob. :good:

Rey
08-14-2010, 06:04 PM
Is anybody watching the pre-game stuff?

Getting me jacked!!!

TexanExile
08-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Also, we should be able to get the replay on NFLN in HD!

Yeah, unfortunately due to a failure of my usual online viewing method, I'm going to have to wait for the HD replay on NFLN. So for me, kickoff's at 1:00 AM. Instead of beer I might be drinking coffee. :goodnight

TOTALLY worth the insomnia after this long off-season though.

False Start
08-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Is anybody watching the pre-game stuff?

Getting me jacked!!!

Yeah I have it on my Vizio 26", and I'm playing Madden 11 on the LG 55". I'm loving it too. :fans:

mariowillshine15
08-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Yeah I have it on my Vizio 26", and I'm playing Madden 11 on the LG 55". I'm loving it too. :fans:

what channel is it on?

Rey
08-14-2010, 06:29 PM

I just almost teared up watching it...

Super awesome stuff...A lot of stuff I had forgotten about...We are a good damn team...

Rey
08-14-2010, 06:29 PM
what channel is it on?

thirteen

mariowillshine15
08-14-2010, 06:31 PM
thirteen

thanks!

Thorn
08-14-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm cooking up New York Strip, scalloped potatoes, and some fresh corn on the cob. :good:

I'm cooking me some chicken legs. Soaked in soy sauce for just a minute or two, then covered in Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning. mmmmmmm

Rey
08-14-2010, 06:36 PM
thanks!

it went off though...News in on now...

Houston_Fanatic
08-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Football is the ONLY sport I care about and thankfully my husband feels the same way !!!!!

My son wanted to have some friends over for "movie night" and I told him ANY night but Sat night and in the future any night the TEXANS aren't playing, so he better check their schedule on the net LOL

I am sooooooo ready to watch the Texans again - WOO HOO !!!!

TexansFight
08-14-2010, 06:59 PM
I can't wait to for the game. I think I am officially healed of the funk I have been in with regard to the Texans that started after the Titans loss on MNF.

Can't wait to see our DBs and RBs. Please, let this be the year we finally make it to the playoffs.

J_R
08-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Briesel, WR Crawford, CB Jackson, LB Adibi, LB Clark, DE Bulman inactive

Both Tackles(Winston and Brown) will be out early

Kasey Studdard to play the first half, Shelley Smith in the second half at LG

Caldwell and Wade Smith will split or alternate about 3 quarters at Right Guard

Trindon Holliday's main focus will be on returning(will return all P/K). Don't rule out WR late in the game but returning is their focus

Brown and Rackers will kick about 2 FGs each. Both "neck and neck" right now. Both will also alternate. Brown to start off.

Arian and Steve will start with 1's. Tate will get a long look. Henry/Johnson to finish off.

McCain to start in place of Jackson

That's all for now.

mariowillshine15
08-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Briesel, WR Crawford, CB Jackson, LB Adibi, LB Clark, DE Bulman inactive

Both Tackles(Winston and Brown) will be out early

Kasey Studdard to play the first half, Shelley Smith in the second half at LG

Caldwell and Wade Smith will split or alternate about 3 quarters at Right Guard

Trindon Holliday's main focus will be on returning(will return all P/K). Don't rule out WR late in the game but returning is their focus

Brown and Rackers will kick about 2 FGs each. Both "neck and neck" right now. Both will also alternate. Brown to start off.

Arian and Steve will start with 1's. Tate will get a long look. Henry/Johnson to finish off.

McCain to start in place of Jackson

That's all for now.

Great info keep up the good work.

headsplint
08-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Can't wait! Less than an hour. Who are you guys most anxious to see?

valleytexfan
08-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Time to get ready to watch a TEXANS PRESEASON GAME ON TV IN THE RIO GRANDE VALLEY!!!!!!! (Never been able to say that before unless it was nationally televised)

I do have to watch at work, however. But that's all good. :good:

TwoTrill
08-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Does anyone want the link to the game

SheTexan
08-14-2010, 07:32 PM
On my second Bub light lime, one's to much for me, so I just might be wakin up the neighbors when this game is over!!:) Anyway, dinners DONE, and I'm ready for some FOOTBALL!!

powerfuldragon
08-14-2010, 07:34 PM
get ready for folks to read waaay too much into the game.

GuerillaBlack
08-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Gameday Thread!! It's been a while my friend...

kiwitexansfan
08-14-2010, 07:48 PM
On my second Bub light lime, one's to much for me, so I just might be wakin up the neighbors when this game is over!!:) Anyway, dinners DONE, and I'm ready for some FOOTBALL!!

I read what you were drinking and thought "Hey my wife drinks that, what a girly man" then I saw who posted it.... Kudos on the fine choice of beverage :)

SheTexan
08-14-2010, 07:50 PM
get ready for folks to read waaay too much into the game.

I don't think so PD! We're just excited to see our team on the field. Everyone on here knows it's preseason and the game really don't mean squat, except for a bunch of players who are trying to keep from getting a pink slip. Regardless, it's kickoff time, and us Texan fans are HUNGRY!!

SheTexan
08-14-2010, 07:53 PM
I read what you were drinking and thought "Hey my wife drinks that, what a girly man" then I saw who posted it.... Kudos on the fine choice of beverage :)

I tasted my first one today, and it's GREAT!! LOVE the hint of lime, kinda cuts the bitterness. Not much of a drinker, so it don't take much to get me going!! Sure would like to meet you and your wife someday, and esp Aria. i hope she is doing good!!

Imatexanfan
08-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Does anyone want the link to the game

Do u have a link to the game so I ain't gotta pay for sum sorta subscription?!:kitten:

Ryan
08-14-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm so pumped for this!

PapaL
08-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Do u have a link to the game so I ain't gotta pay for sum sorta subscription?!:kitten:

http://www.justin.tv/directory/sports/football?order=hot&lang=en

CloakNNNdagger
08-14-2010, 08:00 PM
(some paraphrases) only some statements of Texans players in prep for the season:

Antonio Smith - "we gonna maul"

KV - "we got the swaggar"

Pollard - "we'll be ready to punch somebody" "we gonna knock out their mouthpieces. if they ain't wearing them, then their teeth"

utahmark
08-14-2010, 08:00 PM
http://www.justin.tv/directory/sports/football?order=hot&lang=en

and i just paid 40 for the preseason package on nfl.com. i feel stupid.

mariowillshine15
08-14-2010, 08:01 PM
(some paraphrases) only some statements of Texans players in prep for the season:

Antonio Smith - "we gonna maul"

KV - "we got the swaggar"

Pollard - "we'll be ready to punch somebody" "we gonna knock out their mouthpieces. if they ain't wearing them, then their teeth"

Pollard is the man.

False Start
08-14-2010, 08:01 PM
HD! :jam:

08-14-2010, 08:02 PM
and i just paid 40 for the preseason package on nfl.com. i feel stupid.

this isnt working! ah

mariowillshine15
08-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Ughhhh Kris Brown. Go Rackers!

J_R
08-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Houston recieving

TwoTrill
anyone got a link to the game

Lucky
Spencer Tillman on John David Booty: "He has a certain patina about him."

Can that be removed in an outpatient procedure?

anyone got a link to the game

what he said!

b0ng
I'd recommend that any further links to pirated streams be private messaged to these users.

valleytexfan
WTF?!?!?!?!?!?! THEY'RE SHOWING COPS INSTEAD OF THE GAME! WE'VE BEEN RICK-ROLLED IN THE RGV!!!!!!!!!! :bat:

Showtime100
08-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Gametime!!!!!!!!!!!!

:turtle:

08-14-2010, 08:07 PM
I'd recommend that any further links to pirated streams be private messaged to these users.

? it's not that big a deal

Lucky
Watch the other NFL preseason broadcasts and tell me that the Texans broadcast team of Joel Meyers and Spencer Tillman aren't the very worst.

valleytexfan
YES!!!!!!!!!!! THEY SWITCHED COPS TO THE GAME!!!!! :fans:

mariowillshine15
Good start Holliday!

valleytexfan
08-14-2010, 08:08 PM
great return Holliday! FAST!

PockyAF
08-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Can someone PM me a link to the game? My parents haven't received the Slingbox I mailed back home yet.

kiwitexansfan
http://www.justin.tv/sportzzentertainment2c#/w/317159280

LikeMike
Anyone got any working links? I couldn`t even pay the 40 bucks on NFL.com since it`s not available outside the US, so Im pretty much screwed...

mariowillshine15
Foster wants to start nice run.

J_R
08-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Nice run by Foster. Picked up where he left off(maybe)

Lucky
Foster busts one for 20 over the left side!

valleytexfan
Go Arian!!!!

kiwitexansfan
08-14-2010, 08:11 PM
That was a nice run, nice balance and vision.

Doesn't have Slaton's home run potential though.

J_R
08-14-2010, 08:11 PM
No!! Doh AJ!

kiwitexansfan
08-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Challenge that....

Austrian
FUmble AJ! Meh, better in preaseason than in the regular season.

J_R
Let's see if Gary has improved on challenges :P

you da man!!!

Lucky
08-14-2010, 08:13 PM
How about a replay Channel 13? Gawd they are terrible!

mariowillshine15
Id challenge that. Even if it was a fumble nobody deserves a mulligan more than AJ.

That wont happen very often.

Texan_Bill
:facepalm:

PockyAF

The link works! Thanks bro.

BTW, it's nice to see another Texans fan in Omaha. :)

Sway
I've got my steel blue OD Jersey on and we are ready to rock. Let's see some real player battles and get the best positions filled!

Thorn
I hate turnovers.

CloakNNNdagger
Rewound it. Johnson's elbow hit the ground causing the fumble.

False Start
08-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Looked down to me, but I didn't get a good view of it. If its challenged and stands SOB!

mariowillshine15
08-14-2010, 08:14 PM
That ref is looking right at it how he not see his elbow down.

infantrycak
08-14-2010, 08:15 PM
Who the heck are the editors for pre-season games? Get the heck out of break before the play starts.

I hate Hochulee. He got this call correct but he is still a bad ref.

Austrian
08-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Kubiak won a challenge? Huh? lol

drs23
Has it started yet? I can't get it on direct tv in the bmt area. I've tried some of the links but nothing yet. I'm kinda gettin pissed :pissed:

Lucky
Getting cute in the red zone, again. Jacoby stuffed on a reverse.

CloakNNNdagger
08-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Have we ever had a very successful reverse?

kiwitexansfan
Run the ball!

J_R
False start on Brown

powerfuldragon
08-14-2010, 08:18 PM
False start on Brown

hah first of many.

Pantherstang84
Getting cute in the red zone, again. Jacoby stuffed on a reverse.

My thought exactly.

Lucky
Duane Brown false start. 3rd & 15.

CloakNNNdagger
Memories. Memories

mariowillshine15
FG kicker battle BEGIN!

J_R
08-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Looks the K will get some work. Kris Brown first.

And it's good.

ObsiWan
Kris Brown 1 for 1

utahmark
Duane Brown false start. 3rd & 15.

your posting before i see it live.

mariowillshine15
Anybody else get the feeling Brown is going to win the kicker job and then blow sack in the regular season?

Brandon420tx
08-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Brown right down the middle on this short kick. Not much pressure on that one

Lucky
Kris Brown kicks a clutch field goal.

Wait...it's the 1st quarter of the 1st preseason game. Sorry, I got carried away.

False Start
3-0...........yay. :)

kiwitexansfan
08-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Anybody else get the feeling Brown is going to win the kicker job and then blow sack in the regular season?

I feel however wins the job will get ripped by the fans during the season.

There is no winner when it comes to kickers.

Pantherstang84
08-14-2010, 08:21 PM

I've only been to one practice this season but Rackers looked better that KB that day. But ya. I think Brown gets to stay but starts his Shankopotumus ways again once the season starts.

TwoTrill
08-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Pollarddd

RTP2110
Pollard starts it off right!

mariowillshine15
Pollard lets his presence be felt

kiwitexansfan
Pollard has been waiting to do that for months.

Texan_Bill
I see some piss on the field/.

Wolf
Pollard!

False Start
That guy just peed.

Lucky
Somebody forgot to tell Pollard it's just the preseason.

Pantherstang84
08-14-2010, 08:23 PM
I believe my next jersey purchase will have #31 on it.

mariowillshine15
Wow. How did we not get that ball.

CloakNNNdagger
Who the heck are the editors for pre-season games? Get the heck out of break before the play starts.

I hate Hochulee. He got this call correct but he is still a bad ref.

And what is this far shot with logo deal almost every other play also missing the first couple of seconds of the play.

Texan_Bill
Cover the damn thing not think about the TD!!

mariowillshine15
Mario is ready to play!

J_R
08-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Mario with the sack. Is he feeling ok, heh

TwoTrill
our defense is gonna b crazy this year

Austrian
Mario !

ObsiWan
Kris Brown kicks a clutch field goal.

Wait...it's the 1st quarter of the 1st preseason game. Sorry, I got carried away.

LOL

Who was it that said B/S Mario gets a sack?

CloakNNNdagger
Looks like Brown for whatever reason will be kicking off short of the end zone.

Brandon420tx
Dayum

Pantherstang84
Hip inflammation? Is it me or is the defense looking nasty?

kiwitexansfan
Man vs Child stuff from Mario.

Lucky
Defense starts out grrrrrreat!

Thorn
Holy frickin cow, that defensive series ROCKED!!!!

RTP2110
Pollard + Cush + Mario = 3 & out

SAMURAITEXAN
Da man! Mario!

ObsiWan
08-14-2010, 08:25 PM
what was THAT?!?

Rey
Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PapaL
Mario looks healthly

mariowillshine15
Mario may have just got that guy cut with that bull rush. My god that was a thing of beauty.

Bubbajwp
Wow if feals good to be on the other end of that finally.

ObsiWan
08-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Defense starts out grrrrrreat!

Don't get excited. It's only Arizona.

Wolf
08-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Looks like Brown for whatever reason will be kicking off short of the end zone.

was it brown? I thought I heard rackers ? (confused now but have had blood thinners today)

Bubbajwp
08-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Did anybody notice who it was that hit there RB Hightower on the fumble.

RTP2110
What skyline was that on Barwin's tattoo??

Rey
Does Barwin have the skyline for the city of houston on his inner bicep?

Pantherstang84
was it brown? I thought I heard rackers ? (confused now but have had blood thinners today)

It was #4 Rackers that kicked off.

TexansFight
08-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Seeing us collapse the pocket with the front 4 alone has me excited. Love Bernie Pollard and the attitude and hits he puts on people. He is an emotional leader and has the attitude I have been craving.

RTP2110
All day to throw

TD ANdre!!!

J_R
Schaub to AJ! TD!

mariowillshine15
Who wants a Super Bowl? These guys! damn what a start.

kiwitexansfan
Schaub - Johnson - TD

Will be seeing that some this year.

Austrian
Whew! Schaub to Aj for six. I'm pumped!!

CloakNNNdagger
Some nice pass blocking

Pantherstang84
I know it is only preseason but :texanbill::texanbill::texanbill::smiliedance:

Alvination
Schaub to AJ...all year long please.

valleytexfan
:fans:

Rey
08-14-2010, 08:29 PM
yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

False Start
I heart Andre Johnson. :heart:

Rey
Cushing looked good on that defensive series as well...

kiwitexansfan
Maybe that is goodnight and good luck from AJ and Schaub for this game?

GuerillaBlack
:D :D

Texans football people!

mariowillshine15
Love love love that blitz pickup they were stonewalled. Schaub had all day.

SAMURAITEXAN
I am so pumped!

Go Texans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TexansFight
Beautiful blitz pickup and great TD pass and route. I am trying not to get too excited but I like what I am seeing a lot.

Lucky
08-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Andre Johnson, ladies & gentlemen! Take a bow, AJ, you're done for the evening.

Rey
Oline blocked really well on that pass play...picked up the blitz really well

what nice pass blocking on that TD!!! i've seen enough dre and schaub, let's sit em down now...

sportfan73
Pay that man, pay that man his monies

ObsiWan
08-14-2010, 08:31 PM
During the replay it looked like KW had his man beat too.

CharloTex
Ok, let's get those starters out.

kiwitexansfan
Texans looking pretty aggressive and physical.

Thorn
From the Arizona board:

what was that?????

LOL

J_R
08-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Nice hit by Wilson. Nice catch by Fitz

ObsiWan
Amobi with a blocked pass

mariowillshine15
Millions of fantasy owners almost had a heart attack. Nice catch by Fitz.

kiwitexansfan
08-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Wilson with a good hit, but you don't knock the ball out of Fitzgeralds hands

CloakNNNdagger
Wilson puts the WOOD!!!

ObsiWan
Nice catch.
better hit!

Austrian
Lol those Cards announcers are homers.

Austrian
08-14-2010, 08:34 PM
D looks good.

TexansFight
Nice tackling and technique from our DBs so far.

GuerillaBlack
From the Arizona board:

LOL

I like this one:

Mario looked like a freight train....wow

You damn right!

kiwitexansfan
Nice play by the Cards to get the 1st.

JB
08-14-2010, 08:35 PM
From the Arizona board on Mario's sack

Brandon Keith just got completely emasculated.

:lol:

ReliantTexan
08-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Should have been a sack, good fake though.

kiwitexansfan
08-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Why was Mario in coverage????

WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY,WHY, WHY, WHY,WHY, WHY, WHY,WHY, WHY, WHY,WHY, WHY, WHY,WHY, WHY, WHY,WHY, WHY, WHY,WHY, WHY, WHY,WHY, WHY, WHY,

mariowillshine15
Pressure is great so far.

J_R
Mario looks ready to play!

kiwitexansfan
08-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Amobi great pressure there to force Leinart to Mario

mariowillshine15
08-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Amobi great pressure there to force Leinart to Mario

You think the Mitchell praise is pushing him a bit? haha

Pantherstang84
08-14-2010, 08:38 PM
Shanked it.

kiwitexansfan
Hehehehehe they should have kept Rackers

J_R
Feely not feeling it. Here comes Dan O, Slaton, Casey.

kiwitexansfan
You think the Mitchell praise is pushing him a bit? haha

I hope so, hope he is fired up and ready to prove he deserves his spot.

Lucky
08-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Let's see what Dan-O can do. I wanna see some Ben Tate with the 1st team o-line, also.

mariowillshine15
Is Beanie Wells hurt? He's a much better runner than Hightower.

Thorn
Feely not feeling it. Here comes Dan O, Slaton, Casey.

Yep, I'm waiting to see what DanO does for us. Hopefully, it's good. LOL

powerfuldragon
08-14-2010, 08:40 PM
so far our first team looks pretty alright. defenses aren't gonna let andre get open like that very often.

kiwitexansfan
08-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Is Beanie Wells hurt? He's a much better runner than Hightower.

Think he hurt his ribs. There is a thread down in the NFL section

Lucky
08-14-2010, 08:42 PM
More Tillman love for JDB: "I like his demeanor. He's special."

Um, whatever.

JB
08-14-2010, 08:43 PM
O-Line or Slaton not looking good. Did they change anything on the line?

mariowillshine15
08-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Oh boy

Stemp

2nd teamers in

Lucky
3 & out for the 2nd team. :(

Pantherstang84
Geez. Can't even do a dump off.

ObsiWan
How the hell do you underthrow a six-foot pass?

J_R
08-14-2010, 08:45 PM

2nd team O-line in, except Studdard was still out there I believe.

No wonder we had no running game last year. 2nd team O-line comes in, and nothing for Slaton. Or maybe it's Slaton. Or both.

Lucky
2nd teamers in
Studdard was still in.

Brandon420tx
Brown almost popped Slaton on that screen.

Damn, our gunners on the punt team are FAST

RTP2110

Same thing I thought.

Wolf
08-14-2010, 08:46 PM

I have NO clue on that

mariowillshine15
08-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Sharpton in on every play so far.

mariowillshine15
08-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Nice play Diles!

steds
08-14-2010, 08:48 PM
How tall is Nolan? Looks lanky. Assumed he was a small guy.

kiwitexansfan
08-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Hearing Diles name quite a bit too.

Wolf
nice play by diles!

J_R
how tall is nolan? Looks lanky. Assumed he was a small guy.

6'2 206