PDA

View Full Version : Terrance Cody

thunderkyss
08-12-2010, 09:05 PM
I've heard there were reasons to be concerned about Terrance Cody. It had been said, that he was a 1st round talent, with UDFA motivation. He didn't pass his teams conditioning test at the beginning of camp. Of course with that, the possibility of not making the team has to have been a real possibility in his mind.

Of course, he eventually passed the tests, and made it into camp. I'm watching him play his first preseason game, and while he isn't out there playing against the 1st team (that would be Haloti Ngata), still he looks pretty good.

b0ng
08-12-2010, 09:53 PM
I've heard there were reasons to be concerned about Terrance Cody. It had been said, that he was a 1st round talent, with UDFA motivation. He didn't pass his teams conditioning test at the beginning of camp. Of course with that, the possibility of not making the team has to have been a real possibility in his mind.

Of course, he eventually passed the tests, and made it into camp. I'm watching him play his first preseason game, and while he isn't out there playing against the 1st team (that would be Haloti Ngata), still he looks pretty good.

He got a few snaps with the 1's. I didn't really notice Ngata really even playing after the first series. Him playing at FB was hilarious.

jaayteetx
08-12-2010, 10:04 PM

Actually, those guys are some of the more motivated and high engine guys you'll find....because they have to be if they stand a snowball's chance in hell of making a squad.

HOU-TEX
08-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Cody did have a handful of good plays. He still took a few plays off. He must have decent strength under all that blubber. The way he held off that one player with one arm was nice.

Rey
08-13-2010, 08:51 AM
I got Cody on Madden in my franchise....

Beast.

BIG TORO
08-13-2010, 09:03 AM
Cody did have a handful of good plays. He still took a few plays off. He must have decent strength under all that blubber. The way he held off that one player with one arm was nice.

He pretty much clotheslined him, that dude is bad, watching him fall on players make me think damn that would suck he fell on Holliday.

The1ApplePie
08-13-2010, 09:37 AM
People knock him for being fat, but that's kind of his job.

He dominated the line of scrimage when he was in and threw the center back with one hand. He even got a good pass rush.

I wish one of our DTs could be that "fat" (sadly, Okam is just regular fat)

rmartin65
08-13-2010, 09:41 AM
People knock him for being fat, but that's kind of his job.

He dominated the line of scrimage when he was in and threw the center back with one hand. He even got a good pass rush.

I wish one of our DTs could be that "fat" (sadly, Okam is just regular fat)

One pre-season game does not a career make. I still think he will be out of the league in 5 years. Out of the public eye in 3.

Cody gets by because he is huge. Not overly athletic, no work ethic (not getting in shape for combine, training camp, etc), he wont last in the league.

The1ApplePie
08-13-2010, 10:13 AM
One pre-season game does not a career make. I still think he will be out of the league in 5 years. Out of the public eye in 3.

Cody gets by because he is huge. Not overly athletic, no work ethic (not getting in shape for combine, training camp, etc), he wont last in the league.

There are plenty of other big fatties that last 20 years in the NFL as well, with the same attributes.

Gilbert Brown, Sam Adams, and Pat Williams come to mind.

Dutchrudder
08-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Lamar Houston looked pretty good for the Raiders against the Cowboys last night...

Lucky
08-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Lamar Houston looked pretty good for the Raiders against the Cowboys last night...
I was a big fan of his, from his college play. Looks like the Raiders have their best draft class in years.

BigTimeTexanFan
08-13-2010, 06:43 PM
There are plenty of other big fatties that last 20 years in the NFL as well, with the same attributes.

Gilbert Brown, Sam Adams, and Pat Williams come to mind.

All good, motivated players. I don't see that in Cody. Not at all.