PDA

View Full Version : One & Oh

thunderkyss
08-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Seems that the Colts are a primary focus these days.

It's a good read. (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7145244.html)

I'm just a little disappointed that this is getting so much attention. This, IMHO, should be common place and expected. The story makes it seem as though our first opponent wasn't a big focus leading into our other season openers (going 1-3 with a couple of butt-whuppins would also lead you to believe the same).

I'm also disappointed, that "Play-offs" appear to be the goal. For some reason, this team appears to be one year behind the fans.

Oh, and this is where I get the One & Oh thing.
"Our motto is 'one-and-oh,'?" Pollard said. "That's it — one-and-oh. This is training camp. Coach is going to beat us down to find out who's going to argue and who's going to just put his nose in the dirt and work. I don't see anybody who's not doing that. We're out here running and sweating and bleeding because that game is at the end of the tunnel.

nero THE zero
08-09-2010, 09:14 AM
I'm also disappointed, that "Play-offs" appear to be the goal. For some reason, this team appears to be one year behind the fans.

I think fans (and talking heads) tend to make a lot more out of the team's "goals" than there is, but the team did break huddle with "Super Bowl" in camp, so I don't know that they're settling for playoffs as their ultimate goal.

Ryan
08-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Their focus shouldn't be on the big picture in making playoffs and Super Bowl, it needs to be all focused on playing hard and winning the next game and after all of that, things might fall into place. I'm glad this is their mindset.

Cjeremy635
08-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Their focus shouldn't be on the big picture in making playoffs and Super Bowl, it needs to be all focused on playing hard and winning the next game and after all of that, things might fall into place. I'm glad this is their mindset.

That mindset worked for the Raven when they won the super bowl. IIRC, Billick wouldn't even let the players mention playoffs or super bowl, or he would fine them. His whole focus was on the next game of the schedule and he wanted his players to think the same way. Watching the "America's Game" recap of that season of the Ravens showed how it affected the team's mentality. Apparently, it helped push the players. They may have not liked it at first, but it made them work harder.

Rey
08-09-2010, 11:01 AM

Agreed Ryan.

For a team that has never reached the play-offs, they need to make sure they are focused on each individual game. They really can't afford not to be.

gtexan02
08-09-2010, 12:59 PM
If we end up losing to Indy, I have a feeling we could be in for a long, sad few following weeks

Ole Miss Texan
08-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Can someone explain to me what the "oh" part is that Pollard referrs to? One and Oh? I get the whole "one game at a time" standard coach/player talk but... oh?

I just hope it's not "One and Oh Crap" at the end of the season. [see St. Louis Rams]

Cjeremy635
08-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Can someone explain to me what the "oh" part is that Pollard referrs to? One and Oh? I get the whole "one game at a time" standard coach/player talk but... oh?

I just hope it's not "One and Oh Crap" at the end of the season. [see St. Louis Rams]

One &...Oh (zero, also as in the letter O "oh")

then ......

2-0 (oh)
3-0
4-0
5-0
6-0
7-0

etc.

Ole Miss Texan
08-09-2010, 01:21 PM
One &...Oh (zero, also as in the letter O "oh")

then ......

2-0 (oh)
3-0
4-0
5-0
6-0
7-0

etc.

Gotcha. That's what I thought but figured that was too easy!

sorry about the rootbeer gtexan ;)

thunderkyss
08-09-2010, 01:24 PM
If we end up losing to Indy, I have a feeling we could be in for a long, sad few following weeks

We talk about what this game could & should mean to our team.

There was no doubt in my mind, what the MNF game last season against the Tacks meant, or the following Indy game, or the following Jax game.

I want nothing less than a complete & total victory against the Colts, 9-12-2010. But if they loose, if we loose, I hope that sparks an 18 game win streak.

Cjeremy635
08-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Gotcha. That's what I thought but figured that was too easy!

sorry about the rootbeer gtexan ;)

I know, you were originally thinking of the "O Face"......it's a common mistake.

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/pigface/Huh/o-face.jpg

HuttoKarl
08-09-2010, 04:48 PM
I hope Bernard puts a great season together and ends up with a nice long contract in Houston.