PDA

View Full Version : Any news on Kareem Jackson?

DocBar
08-06-2010, 01:36 PM
I can't find anything out about this guy. Is he doing good? Bad? Indifferent? I've seen more written about our 3rd string qb than our supposed starting rookie CB. Is this good? I dunno. I'm thinking that he's struggling a but and the team is keeping it under wraps so he doesn't get a lot of bad press. I really don't see any other way to take the lack of info. Any one have news on this?

Rey
08-06-2010, 01:40 PM
I can't find anything out about this guy. Is he doing good? Bad? Indifferent? I've seen more written about our 3rd string qb than our supposed starting rookie CB. Is this good? I dunno. I'm thinking that he's struggling a but and the team is keeping it under wraps so he doesn't get a lot of bad press. I really don't see any other way to take the lack of info. Any one have news on this?

What I saw at camp and what some others have reported has generally been that he has looked bad (like a rookie is probably more appropriate) at times and has looked good at other times. He's mostly going against AJ though so its kind of to be expected that he not look like a world beater in practice.

I will note that I saw him get beat by more than just AJ when I was out there though. Of course Pollard was letting him hear about it...

We will be able to tell more when pre-season games start though...It's hard to tell a whole lot from practice

HOU-TEX
08-06-2010, 01:40 PM

Read through the training camp thread. There are plenty of opinions in there.

m5kwatts
08-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Getting whooped like a Grand Canyon mule in training camp by Andre is NOT a bad thing for Kareem, in fact its a great thing. Its like why baseball players swing a bat with the heavy donut on it before taking an at-bat. When you take that donut off the bat feels like a feather and you're ready to hit anything thrown at you. He'll be ready for any wide out after a whole camp of covering Andre.

gary
08-06-2010, 01:54 PM
He seems to be good against the run and tackles well meh in coverage thus for it sounds like Dunte to me but it's too early to tell yet.

beerlover
08-06-2010, 01:57 PM
flashback to last training camp, did anyone expect Glover Quinn to finish his rookie season like he did?

badboy
08-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Getting whooped like a Grand Canyon mule in training camp by Andre is NOT a bad thing for Kareem, in fact its a great thing. Its like why baseball players swing a bat with the heavy donut on it before taking an at-bat. When you take that donut off the bat feels like a feather and you're ready to hit anything thrown at you. He'll be ready for any wide out after a whole camp of covering Andre.Exactly and some guys just play better in games. A CB rookie will be like a spinning top for maybe up to a year. If Kubes trots out someone else across from Quin in game 2 we will know a whole lot more about Jackson. TC and practice does not tell all.

gary
08-06-2010, 02:05 PM
If he turns out to be a Dunte clone minus the the trouble then I'd be content.

Mike Kerns
08-06-2010, 02:10 PM
I've heard less than stellar reviews, but I'll wait until I see him in preseason before I make a judgment based off of practice and going one on one with the best WR in the league.

Ryan
08-06-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm gonna be watching him like a hawk tomorrow in practice. I'll try to see what a week of training camp has done for him. When i saw him last saturday it was only his 2nd NFL practice.

IDEXAN
08-06-2010, 02:23 PM
If he turns out to be a Dunte clone minus the the trouble then I'd be content.

I second that Gary.

ubecool454
08-07-2010, 08:44 PM
It has to be tough for a rookie DB to have to line up across from Andre..lol. It will make it that much easier when he lines up against most WRs in the league because Dre is so big , fast and strong. I know we didn't go wrong with Jackson......we haven't drafted a slug from the Crimson Tide yet.

Sluggo
08-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Its like why baseball players swing a bat with the heavy donut on it before taking an at-bat.

Nice. Unique analogy.

Heard Kareem blew up Eric Winston on a screen today. As has been stated, he is going to have his ups and downs like any rookie. However I've heard his tackiling and physicality have been as good as advertised.