PDA

View Full Version : Preseason TV coverage

drs23
08-05-2010, 04:38 PM
I don't live in the Houston viewing area any longer so I don't get CH13. Is there any other place to watch the preseason games. Are they anywhere on DirectTV?

Thanks

IBleedTexans
08-05-2010, 04:45 PM
I don't live in the Houston viewing area any longer so I don't get CH13. Is there any other place to watch the preseason games. Are they anywhere on DirectTV?

Thanks

Dont know if you live around these areas but, here's a link for that kinda info
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=6248

Cjeremy635
08-05-2010, 04:46 PM

Thanks

IIRC, NFL Network shows every single preseason game. You will just have to check when they are re-airing the ones for the Texans and record them.

drs23
08-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Neeto, Keeno, thanks guys. :smooch:

The Pencil Neck
08-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Well, we'll have to see what happens this season but...

I normally record the games from the NFLN when they re-air.

During the actual game, I try to find a TVANTs or other way to watch the game on line. The quality is usually pretty bad. I also keep an NFL.com window open to the game to get updates (although they're not always fast and they're not always right). AND, I stay on here and participate in the Game thread. People watching the game post stuff as the game's playing.

HOU-TEX
08-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Well, we'll have to see what happens this season but...

I normally record the games from the NFLN when they re-air.

During the actual game, I try to find a TVANTs or other way to watch the game on line. The quality is usually pretty bad. I also keep an NFL.com window open to the game to get updates (although they're not always fast and they're not always right). AND, I stay on here and participate in the Game thread. People watching the game post stuff as the game's playing.

Dude! I didn't know you're in Dallas. Has your "location" always been Dallas?

The Pencil Neck
08-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Dude! I didn't know you're in Dallas. Has your "location" always been Dallas?

Define "always".

I'm actually in Flower Mound, just north of DFW and south of Denton. I've been here ever since joining the board.

Do I win a prize!? :bender:

redwhiteANDblue
08-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Define "always".

I'm actually in Flower Mound, just north of DFW and south of Denton. I've been here ever since joining the board.

Do I win a prize!? :bender:

Surprising that you're not a cowboys fan!

sportfan73
08-05-2010, 06:19 PM
only bad part about living in Dallas...

Hookem Horns
08-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Are Cowboys preseason games on in Houston? They should remove them if since they refuse to air anything regarding the Texans up there.

The Pencil Neck
08-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Surprising that you're not a cowboys fan!

I grew up in Houston. I'm a UH grad. Met my wife at UH. We were both programmers for M.D. Anderson. We've lived in 15 different places (4 different states) over the past 24 years and we've lived in Flower Mound twice.

It killed me when my Oilers moved to Tennessee. And I was ecstatic when I got a team back. I've got pictures of me at a power lifting meet in 2000 with a Texans tee shirt on.

My mother would disown me if I were a Cowboy fan.

JB
08-05-2010, 06:29 PM
I grew up in Houston. I'm a UH grad. Met my wife at UH. We were both programmers for M.D. Anderson. We've lived in 15 different places (4 different states) over the past 24 years and we've lived in Flower Mound twice.

It killed me when my Oilers moved to Tennessee. And I was ecstatic when I got a team back. I've got pictures of me at a power lifting meet in 2000 with a Texans tee shirt on.

My mother would disown me if I were a Cowboy fan.

As would I!

Texans34Life
08-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Hey Pencil Neck, we should get together for Texans games. I live in the Frisco/Mckinney area. I know the other guys up here on the board meet up but it's far away from me. That's if you're up for it.

Another bonus, I'm also a UH alumni. :)

The Pencil Neck
08-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Hey Pencil Neck, we should get together for Texans games. I live in the Frisco/Mckinney area. I know the other guys up here on the board meet up but it's far away from me. That's if you're up for it.

Another bonus, I'm also a UH alumni. :)

Yeah, definitely.

I've met up once with some of the other guys: ArlingtonTexan, Ozzo, Hoth-Boy, a few others. I've tried to meet up with them a couple of other times but it didn't quite work out with my schedule.

Ping me when the games start up and we'll try to coordinate something.

gwallaia
08-06-2010, 12:07 AM
drs23, I live in Beaumont and they always show the pre-season games here.

DexmanC
08-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Gamerewind.NFL.com is unveiling a new package this season.

They will be broadcasting EVERY Preseason game Live & In-Demand
on their network. I've subscribed to it for the last two seasons, so
it's well worth it when I haul my laptop everywhere.

Oh, well. The 1st game is still a WEEK away.

drs23
08-06-2010, 11:49 AM

Thanks much. I had Time Warner last season. I don't know why I couldn't find them. Operator error I'm sure. Will have it this year though!

Thanks for all the replies.

DexmanC
08-06-2010, 12:00 PM
By the way...

ATDHE.net > Tvants

I watch ALL sports with that site, LIVE, and it's AWESOME.

Here's the link. (http://atdhe.net)

imatexan
08-07-2010, 04:50 AM
I am trying to weigh my options of watching the Texans here in LA.

Is sunday ticket/sports bar my only options?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Ryan
08-07-2010, 07:07 AM

This.

But i also have a big antenna in my backyard so i can get channel 13 out of Houston.

Grams
08-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Isn't the age of technology wonderful.

Use to be if your team wasn't on TV - and few were back then, you either listened on the radio or checked the sports on your local news station or the sports pages in Mondays paper. Of course there was no internet or cable tv or cell phones.

Now it's, I want it now, I want it live, where is it and how can I get to it?

drs23
08-07-2010, 01:02 PM
I am trying to weigh my options of watching the Texans here in LA.

Is sunday ticket/sports bar my only options?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Posted by Dexman earlier: By the way...

ATDHE.net > Tvants

Here's the link.

Texas T
08-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Isn't the age of technology wonderful.

Use to be if your team wasn't on TV - and few were back then, you either listened on the radio or checked the sports on your local news station or the sports pages in Mondays paper. Of course there was no internet or cable tv or cell phones.

Now it's, I want it now, I want it live, where is it and how can I get to it?

Don't forget that we also get to interact with all our fellow fans regardless of their location.

Signed lonely Texans fan in New Jersey

KMG 365
08-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Here are the dates and times that NFL Network will re-air the Texans preseason games:

Week 1 -- Texans @ Cardinals

Monday, August 16 -- 12:01am
Tuesday, August 17 -- 1:00am
Wednesday, August 18 -- 9:00am

Week 2 -- Texans @ Saints

Sunday, August 22 -- 12:01am
Monday, August 23 -- 9:00am
Wednesday, August 25 -- 3:00pm

Week 3 -- Cowboys @ Texans

Monday, August 30 -- 3:00pm
Thursday, September 2 -- 8:00am

Week 4 -- Buccaneers @ Texans

Friday, September 3 -- 5:00am
Sunday, September 5 -- 1:00am

All times Central and the 12:01am times actually start at midnight. I put 12:01 to avoid confusion.

imatexan
08-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Posted by Dexman earlier: By the way...

ATDHE.net > Tvants

Here's the link.

So they will air all Texans game and no lag?

DexmanC
08-07-2010, 05:40 PM
So they will air all Texans game and no lag?

Statement redacted due to an excellent point by b0ng.

http://atdhe.net

b0ng
08-07-2010, 05:46 PM
talking openly on public forums about sites that do quasi-legal things is a good way to get them shut down. These are things that are better discussed in private and not for everybody to see.

False Start
08-07-2010, 05:50 PM
It may have been mentioned before, but we finally get HD games on channel 13 this season. :bravo:

The Pencil Neck
08-07-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm actually going to go with the NFL package on NFL.com to watch the games this year. In previous years, I've messed around with some of the other "free" methods and that quality was generally bad and the games were tough to watch.

DexmanC
08-07-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm actually going to go with the NFL package on NFL.com to watch the games this year. In previous years, I've messed around with some of the other "free" methods and that quality was generally bad and the games were tough to watch.

I know what you mean, but the "free" method is the only way
to watch the regular season LIVE. NFL.com only broadcasts
live games to the non-U.S. However, GameRewind is only available
to the U.S.

I've already signed up to NFL.com's services (all of them), and
from what I've heard, they'll be offering all the preseason games
live via one of their packages. I can hardly wait.

The Pencil Neck
08-07-2010, 08:44 PM
I know what you mean, but the "free" method is the only way
to watch the regular season LIVE. NFL.com only broadcasts
live games to the non-U.S. However, GameRewind is only available
to the U.S.

I've already signed up to NFL.com's services (all of them), and
from what I've heard, they'll be offering all the preseason games
live via one of their packages. I can hardly wait.

They're advertising the package for live preseason games on NFL.com right now. But it's only US, I think. Which is fine for me. :)

False Start
08-07-2010, 09:02 PM
I have the duty of recording all the games, (preseason included), and burn them to DVD so my buddy in Arkansas can watch them. Guys fell on hard times, so I hook him up. He avoids anything sports on TV from Sunday till Wednesday when he gets the DVDs.

JB
08-07-2010, 09:06 PM
I have the duty of recording all the games, (preseason included), and burn them to DVD so my buddy in Arkansas can watch them. Guys fell on hard times, so I hook him up. He avoids anything sports on TV from Sunday till Wednesday when he gets the DVDs.

:clap:

imatexan
08-08-2010, 03:11 AM
Statement redacted due to an excellent point by b0ng.

http://atdhe.net

It's okay I read it before you edited it.

I get what bOng was trying to say but I am pretty sure the NFL and any other party concerned very well knows about the website, posting it on here will not make a difference but I guess better safe than sorry.

KMG 365
08-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Here are the dates and times that NFL Network will re-air the Texans preseason games:

Week 1 -- Texans @ Cardinals

Monday, August 16 -- 12:01am
Tuesday, August 17 -- 1:00am
Wednesday, August 18 -- 9:00am

All times Central and the 12:01am times actually start at midnight. I put 12:01 to avoid confusion.

Change in schedule. The first NFL Network re-air will now occur at midnight on Sunday. It will not re-air at midnight on Monday.

Just in case anything else changes, please check your TV listings for the correct schedule.

GP
08-13-2010, 10:53 PM
Change in schedule. The first NFL Network re-air will now occur at midnight on Sunday. It will not re-air at midnight on Monday.

Just in case anything else changes, please check your TV listings for the correct schedule.

That's what my DirecTV schedule says: 12:00 a.m. Sunday morning. Set your DVR and wake up Sunday morning and watch it.

I will be avoiding the forum and the TV and Internet sports networks because I like to view it as if I am watching it in real time, not reading all the comments and then watching it.

I'm weird that way, I know. If there was like a 3-day gap I wouldn't do it, though.

KMG 365
08-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm going to do too. I'll actually watch it at midnight instead of recording it. I just need to ignore the Internet from 7pm to midnight. :)

NFL Network will be showing the Titans/Seahawks game live at 9pm. Therefore, it wouldn't surprise me if that game goes long and the Texans game is slightly delayed.

El Tejano
08-14-2010, 12:18 AM
So should we start the count of how many times Spencer Tillman will say ' this ain't bulah bulah'?

GP
08-14-2010, 03:24 AM
Yeah, that's what I'm going to do too. I'll actually watch it at midnight instead of recording it. I just need to ignore the Internet from 7pm to midnight. :)

NFL Network will be showing the Titans/Seahawks game live at 9pm. Therefore, it wouldn't surprise me if that game goes long and the Texans game is slightly delayed.

Somehow I knew there would be someone who says "Screw it. I'm going to watch it at midnight when it airs on TV." LOL.

Stock up on Mountain Dew. Take a 3-hour nap Saturday afternoon.

I might have to try and do the same thing, just to see if the game starts on time and we hopefully don't get hosed by not getting all of the game due to Titans and Hawks running long. %$#@!

Brisco_County
08-14-2010, 06:27 AM
I'm still trying to find a sportsbar to watch the Texans game in Austin.

TexanBorn51
08-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Well I live in San Antonio (A fan since the Oilers) and just checked on the TV guide it's on at 7pm on CH 35 KMYS MY a San Antonio Kerrville affiliate. Now that's cool. In the past of old day I would travel to the Houston areas to watch the games. There were those years that they would not play all the games in a season and even signed off during a game for other teams. Now they play all of them here in San Antonio. My suggestion is if you care to watch preseason TV live and I also believe in HD is to get in this area.

KMG 365
08-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Somehow I knew there would be someone who says "Screw it. I'm going to watch it at midnight when it airs on TV." LOL.

Stock up on Mountain Dew. Take a 3-hour nap Saturday afternoon.

I might have to try and do the same thing, just to see if the game starts on time and we hopefully don't get hosed by not getting all of the game due to Titans and Hawks running long. %$#@!

I'm pretty sure the NFLN re-air will have the Arizona commentators. I've watched a couple of preseason re-airs on NFLN so far and they have gone with the home team commentators each time.

I'm still trying to find a sportsbar to watch the Texans game in Austin.

No need to go to a sportsbar. The game will be on KBVO in Austin.

The game against the Saints will also be on KBVO, then the game against the Cowboys will be on KEYE, and the game against the Bucs will be on KNVA.

The Pencil Neck
08-14-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm pretty sure the NFLN re-air will have the Arizona commentators. I've watched a couple of preseason re-airs on NFLN so far and they have gone with the home team commentators each time.

One cool thing about the NFL Preseason Package is that you can choose which commentators to listen to.

ledzeppelin229
08-14-2010, 01:33 PM

No need to go to a sportsbar. The game will be on KBVO in Austin.

The game against the Saints will also be on KBVO, then the game against the Cowboys will be on KEYE, and the game against the Bucs will be on KNVA.

Does San Marcos get KBVO? I don't know if I've ever heard of that channel...

Thorn
08-14-2010, 05:10 PM
It may have been mentioned before, but we finally get HD games on channel 13 this season. :bravo:

finally. I was going to ask about that, so thanks.

KMG 365
08-14-2010, 05:45 PM
Does San Marcos get KBVO? I don't know if I've ever heard of that channel...

It's a fairly new channel, owned by the folks who own KXAN and KNVA.

If you have DirecTV it's on channel 51. If you have Time Warner it's on channel 1525. If you have U-Verse it's on channel 7.

sportfan73
08-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Can anyone in Dallas recommend what cable package I need to get to view all of our games this year.

Thanks

The Pencil Neck
08-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Can anyone in Dallas recommend what cable package I need to get to view all of our games this year.

Thanks

Personally, I do DirecTv with the NFL Season Ticket. That allows me to see all the Texan games.

But that doesn't cover preseason games (although it does allow you to get the re-airs of the preseason games.) For the preseason games, I got the NFL Preseason Package on NFL.com so I can watch the non-Cowboy games on my laptop.

TexanExile
08-14-2010, 06:20 PM
I'll be interested to see the announcers/cameras coverage package too. In years past, NFL Network would split the time and use one half of each team's package, but if memory serves, in '09 they didn't do that.

ledzeppelin229
08-14-2010, 06:23 PM
It's a fairly new channel, owned by the folks who own KXAN and KNVA.

If you have DirecTV it's on channel 51. If you have Time Warner it's on channel 1525. If you have U-Verse it's on channel 7.

Hmm well none of those numbers exist on my TV here so I guess I'll be pinning my hopes on the internet.

drs23
08-14-2010, 06:24 PM

Damn, just tried to get KUIL64 in Bmt on direct tv - NOT AVAILABLE! Panic mode now.

Does anyone in the BMT, PT ARTHUR area with Direct TV know if it's on or what channel?

utahmark
08-14-2010, 07:58 PM
you can buy the preseason package on nfl.com and watch on your computer. its $40.00.

The Dude Abides
08-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Anyone in College Station with Direct TV watching? I've been trying to find it

DexmanC
08-15-2010, 12:04 PM
you can buy the preseason package on nfl.com and watch on your computer. its $40.00.

I watched the Texans from my office on the preseason package, and
it's AWESOME. You're able to simply double-click on all the games
happening LIVE, and even REWIND the game as it happens!

The NFL outdid themselves with THIS one!

The Pencil Neck
08-15-2010, 12:33 PM
I watched the Texans from my office on the preseason package, and
it's AWESOME. You're able to simply double-click on all the games
happening LIVE, and even REWIND the game as it happens!

The NFL outdid themselves with THIS one!

Yeah. It was great watching it live last night instead of getting some crappy/iffy feed from JustinTV.