PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Fantasy Football Sleepers 2010

Rush23
08-04-2010, 03:31 AM
http://www.chicitysports.com/2010/08/04/top-10-fantasy-football-sleepers-for-the-2010-nfl-season/

Article Top 10 Fantasy Football sleepers, this season. Do you agree with the list? Who should or shouldn't be on the list?

The Pencil Neck
08-04-2010, 09:50 AM
10 - John Carlson, TE: I've had him as my 2nd TE before. He's a nice option but I worry about that offense up in Seattle. I think he might have a tough year.

9 - Jerome Harrison, RB: The fact that the Browns picked up Peyton Hillis and drafted Montario Hardesty makes this a bad pick. I think Harrison loses his job to Hardesty. I wouldn't pick this guy.

8 - Jermichael Finley, TE: He's a sleeper? I'd be happy to pick this guy.

7 - Arrelious Benn, WR: I don't think he has the QB to get him the ball. I wouldn't pick him.

6 - Alex Smith, QB: Wouldn't touch this guy with a 10 foot pole.

5 - Mike Wallace, WR: Good pickup but I wonder if Big Ben being gone the first part of the season is going to hurt his numbers. I probably won't draft this guy and would try to pick him up as a free agent right before Big Ben comes back.

4 - Julian Edelman, WR: He looked good against us last year. I wouldn't pick him as my #1 or #2 receiver but I'd consider him in the later rounds.

3 - Kevin Kolb, QB: I expect a huge year from Kevin. I would love to pick him up as my #2 QB.

2 - Knowshon Moreno, RB: I don't trust this guy for some reason. I'm staying away from Bronco players this year.

1 - Devin Aromashodu, WR: Although I don't like Cutler, almost any WR in a Martz offense is worth a look.

Texan_Bill
08-04-2010, 10:21 AM
10 - John Carlson, TE: I've had him as my 2nd TE before. He's a nice option but I worry about that offense up in Seattle. I think he might have a tough year.

9 - Jerome Harrison, RB: The fact that the Browns picked up Peyton Hillis and drafted Montario Hardesty makes this a bad pick. I think Harrison loses his job to Hardesty. I wouldn't pick this guy.

8 - Jermichael Finley, TE: He's a sleeper? I'd be happy to pick this guy.

7 - Arrelious Benn, WR: I don't think he has the QB to get him the ball. I wouldn't pick him.

6 - Alex Smith, QB: Wouldn't touch this guy with a 10 foot pole.

5 - Mike Wallace, WR: Good pickup but I wonder if Big Ben being gone the first part of the season is going to hurt his numbers. I probably won't draft this guy and would try to pick him up as a free agent right before Big Ben comes back.

4 - Julian Edelman, WR: He looked good against us last year. I wouldn't pick him as my #1 or #2 receiver but I'd consider him in the later rounds.

3 - Kevin Kolb, QB: I expect a huge year from Kevin. I would love to pick him up as my #2 QB.

2 - Knowshon Moreno, RB: I don't trust this guy for some reason. I'm staying away from Bronco players this year.

1 - Devin Aromashodu, WR: Although I don't like Cutler, almost any WR in a Martz offense is worth a look.

While I'm pulling for Kevin Kolb, I wouldn't expect too much. DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin are both down with injuries. That's huge.

The Pencil Neck
08-04-2010, 10:39 AM
While I'm pulling for Kevin Kolb, I wouldn't expect too much. DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin are both down with injuries. That's huge.

I honestly don't think it matters. I think the only thing that really matters about that Eagles offense is Andy Reid. McNabb consistently put up good numbers in that offense with an injured Westbrook and crap receivers. Reid is going to have Kolb throwing the ball and he's going to put him in a situation where he can be successful doing it.

Jackson and Maclin are the best receiving duo this team has had under Reid but them going down isn't going to kill this team.

Blake
08-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Lame list.

How do you not have Ben Tate or Arian Foster on that list? How do you have Finley ON that list?

I think Hardesty is the sleeper pick over Harrison in CLE.

I think Lynell Hamilton from the Saints would be a good sleeper pick.

Javon Ringer would be a good sleeper pick.

Brisco_County
08-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Chris Cooley should be on the list. Shanahan's offense will make use of Cooley's receiving ability.

Texecutioner
08-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Lame list.

How do you not have Ben Tate or Arian Foster on that list? How do you have Finley ON that list?

Because neither one of them holds any strong fantasy value right now other than the fact that they're RB's on a good offensive team. No one knows who the starter will be or who will get the most carries or who will get the GL carries. Then Slaton is still in the mix as well. There is nothing but question marks here. That is why they aren't on a list like this. As pre season starts and the picture becomes a lot more clear, then you might see one of these guys on a sleeper list or "break out candidate" list.

Goldensilence
08-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Picked up Carlson as my second TE in case OD doesn't start the season healthy. Seattle has had offensive concerns for a while now and he's managed to put up decent numbers.

I picked up Foster for my bench. Figure if he does start the season at RB he could help out if one of my RBs don't get injured.

Moreno is my second starting RB. Injury does concern me, that's why I picked up Foster.

Can't believe I managed to get Jacoby Jones on the waiver wire.

Texecutioner
08-05-2010, 02:19 PM
And anyone that still considers John Carlson or Jermichael Finley a sleeper at this point can come join my league this year if they think that these guys aren't well known. Lol!

Finley is a freaking beast and just needs the playing time. People are well aware of Finley. This is a terrible list for sleepers. I could think of plenty others that are far better than this one.

Blake
08-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Because neither one of them holds any strong fantasy value right now other than the fact that they're RB's on a good offensive team. No one knows who the starter will be or who will get the most carries or who will get the GL carries.

That is exactly why they are sleepers. You dont pick players that have a ton of fantasy value and say "hey look at this sleeper" because everyone already knows about them.