PDA

View Full Version : Sherrick McManis

Vinnie
08-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Did anyone else catch what John Harris was saying on the radio about Sherrick McManis yesterday? He was shutting DA down all day. It sounds like he could turn out to be quite a nice late round pick. I hope they give him some reps against the likes of Johnson and Davis and see how he fairs.

Austrian
08-03-2010, 12:06 PM
I liked what I saw from him based on the very little game film I watched from him while he was at Northwestern. He was good in pass coverage and in run support. That said I think he may lack some elite athleticism. I think he can be a valuable backup though.

76Texan
08-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Did anyone else catch what John Harris was saying on the radio about Sherrick McManis yesterday? He was shutting DA down all day. It sounds like he could turn out to be quite a nice late round pick. I hope they give him some reps against the likes of Johnson and Davis and see how he fairs.

I lke all of our picks this year.
McManis is a good player, but it's very competitive back there in the secondary.
Personally, I would prefer to have him on the PS (we have so many young DBs).
I think it's about time to cut Jacques Reeves but then again, he has the most experience of the bunch.
Also, IMO, Bennett, if he doesn't raise his consistency level, might as well get cut to make room for other young players.

badboy
08-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Read about him @ #33. Projected 40 4.51 but did not run at combine due to injury.http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2010CB.php
http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/CB/Sherrick-McManis.php

He was not on my radar as predicted to go later than he did.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1117294 Good analysis and review.

Vinnie
08-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Wow, you're right. I didn't realize how much competition there is at corner right now. On the Texans website they have eight corners listed presently.

76Texan
08-03-2010, 12:27 PM
A concern that I have about McManis is his run support ability.
I've seen him get pushed around by a few WRs (not because he's weak but becaused he was out of position).
He needs to learn to get off those WRs better.

TimeKiller
08-03-2010, 12:58 PM
#5 CB > #5 WR

All that says to me. Good for McMannis for looking good but for obvious reasons, I'll reserve my giddiness.

badboy
08-03-2010, 02:54 PM
#5 CB > #5 WR

All that says to me. Good for McMannis for looking good but for obvious reasons, I'll reserve my giddiness.Come on! Allow that giddiness to run! Giddy up.

Big Poundcake
08-03-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm a big fan of McMannis. He has some talent.

beerlover
08-03-2010, 03:39 PM
he will be the Texans starting FS in a couple years :specnatz:

HOU-TEX
08-03-2010, 03:49 PM
he will be the Texans starting FS in a couple years :specnatz:

Nah, I think HOU-TEX will be.

badboy
08-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Nah, I think HOU-TEX will be.Nah, we are trading you to the Astros.:pop:

HOU-TEX
08-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Nah, we are trading you to the Astros.:pop:

:spit: Nice. I reckon I'll be ok with that, as long as it's not to a Comets tribute team or something of that nature

badboy
08-04-2010, 09:49 AM
:spit: Nice. I reckon I'll be ok with that, as long as it's not to a Comets tribute team or something of that natureYou must realize they will not pay you more than $10 million though. Not sure if you are willing to "work" for that. Probably have to hire a PR person, a body guard, dietician, cook and I recommend a driver. Wow, after thinking this through, maybe $10 million is not enough. I now recommend you write on the back of your shoes "Pay me, Draytie!" If it comes to you needing an agent for your negotiations, I can recommend Andre Johnson's uncle. He is now taking on new clients.