PDA

View Full Version : Brett Farve Says He's Done/Psych! Not

gary
08-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Per ESPN.

stingray
08-03-2010, 10:00 AM
He is such an attention whore. He is the T.O. of the offseason.

False Start
08-03-2010, 10:01 AM
:yawn: (not directed at you Gary, but at the whole fiasco)

gary
08-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Here is a link to the story.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5433551

Showtime100
08-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Nice research to find this thread in the archives....oh, wait. :spin:

CloakNNNdagger
08-03-2010, 10:05 AM
This is the tweet that started it all:

Brett Favre began telling Vikings officials last night he will NOT return for a 20th season.

JuddZulgad
Report: Favre tells Vikings he's not returning (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/03/report-favre-tells-vikings-hes-not-returning/)

Many of you scoffed at our report of uneasiness in Mankato regarding the Brett Favre situation.

Scoff no more.

Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that Favre began telling team officials on Monday night that he will not return for another season. The disclosure comes on the heels of an observation from Zulgad that team "ownership and power brokers" held a meeting at practice that "looked very intense."

Zulgad also reports that Favre plans to issue a press release later today. Apparently, Favre's injured ankle "has not responded" after surgery and rehab.

Jay Glazer of FOX also reports that Favre has begun communicating the message to teammates.

We've been insisting that, before Favre returns, he needs to persuade everyone that he won't return. Just like he did last year.

El Tejano
08-03-2010, 10:06 AM
ESPN has shut down for the rest of the day. Quick someone call John Madden and make sure he's okay.
Rich Eisen, come down from that cliff!!!!

HOU-TEX
08-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Here is a link to the story.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5433551

We'll see how it plays out, but it'll kind of surprise me if he does retire. I was thinking he was playing for sure this season.

gtexan02
08-03-2010, 10:07 AM
You think Vegas would give better odds that he will or will not be back at this point?

I will agree that he's not coming back whenthe season is over

Showtime100
08-03-2010, 10:10 AM
We'll see how it plays out, but it'll kind of surprise me if he does retire. I was thinking he was playing for sure this season.

Same here. I have a feeling the minute camp breaks he'll suddenly have a change of heart.

HOU-TEX
08-03-2010, 10:11 AM
ESPN has shut down for the rest of the day. Quick someone call John Madden and make sure he's okay.
Rich Eisen, come down from that cliff!!!!

Okay, I admit, this was pretty funny. +rep

*edit* Gotta spread the love, sorry

Giant Tiger
08-03-2010, 10:11 AM
You think Vegas would give better odds that he will or will not be back at this point?

I will agree that he's not coming back whenthe season is over

Yeah, he'll change his mind again & suit up in time for the first game.

gary
08-03-2010, 10:16 AM
It's kind of funny this story comes out on the day Adam from ESPN is at the Mini camp.

chicagotexan2
08-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Breaking Update per ESPN -

Brett Favre done......................... for now.

BIG TORO
08-03-2010, 10:29 AM
This is kind of sad, Football was fun with Farve!

HoustonFrog
08-03-2010, 10:45 AM
I expect him to walk into their facility the last preseason week, sing "Pants on the Ground" to Rosenfels and announce he is back.

TexasBoY25
08-03-2010, 10:48 AM
It's ok, he will come out of retirement after the 3rd pre-season game and will be ready to play

ObsiWan
08-03-2010, 10:55 AM
espn has shut down for the rest of the day. Quick someone call john madden and make sure he's okay.
Rich eisen, come down from that cliff!!!!

:rofl:

Somewhere Sage Rosenfels is going "YES!!!"

gwallaia
08-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Too bad that Rosencopter has been playing so badly in training camp. He is destined to be a career back-up.

gtexan02
08-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Too bad that Rosencopter has been playing so badly in training camp. He is destined to be a career back-up.

Yeah, I heard he threw something like 6 interceptions in practice the other day

badboy
08-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Sage, I told you prayer works!

Kulluminatii
08-03-2010, 11:33 AM
This is kind of sad, Football was fun with Farve!

Definitely, although I'm still not fully convinced he's done for good.

gary
08-03-2010, 11:47 AM
How sorry are they passed on both Jimmy and Colt in the draft?

Brando
08-03-2010, 11:58 AM

Brad Childress(on learning the news about Favre's retirement):
[Adam Sandler]Once again, things that could've been brought to my attention 4 months ago![Adam Sandler]

Seriously, I'll believe it when I see it.

Texan_Bill
08-03-2010, 11:59 AM
:yawn: (not directed at you Gary, but at the whole fiasco)

:yawn: seconded.... :zzz:

Blake
08-03-2010, 12:03 PM
With the departure of Favre, the other 31 NFL teams ESPN coverage just grew by 8% each.

Texan_Bill
08-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Sage Rosnecopter is smiling.

Showtime100
08-03-2010, 12:22 PM
With the departure of Favre, the other 31 NFL teams ESPN coverage just grew by 8% each.

I sure hope you're right. I can see ESPN going to Mississippi and doing a minute by minute thing on his activities on Sunday.

11:45am: Beat's the kid.
11:49am: Goes for a drive in the tractor...(helicopter view from overhead)

gary
08-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Breaking news ESPN has contacted Farve about a one hour show.

Dutchrudder
08-03-2010, 12:33 PM
I bet Sage is at home running around in circles...

Wolf6151
08-03-2010, 12:36 PM
The best thing ESPN could do for the NFL would be to ignore this media whore prima donna diva.

BIG TORO
08-03-2010, 12:36 PM

Hey I did'nt think about that you are right, witout farve the vicking are not that intresting except for Peterson, and J. Allen. So Im sure coverage on them will decrease. Also so much for a rematch with the Saints.

J_R
08-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Vikings prepared to offer more time and money

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/03/report-vikings-prepared-to-offer-favre-money-time/#comments

TexasBoY25
08-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Vikings reportedly are willing to pay Favre more to come back for another season

Hooston Texan
08-03-2010, 12:57 PM
A drama queen like Favre should know by now that uncertainty is a necessary precondition to drama. Until a few days ago, most folks assumed Favre would return at some point after training camp openes, so he had to create that uncertainty. Until proven otherwise, I'll always believe that Favre is simply trying to play the drama to the hilt.

The tell will be whether the Vikes start actively looking for a QB. They can't possibly want to risk the season of an otherwise-elite team by running out Jackson and/or Sage behind center. If they do start burning up the phone lines, then I'll believe Favre is truly done. But if they stand pat, it's only a matter of time before ESPN is staking out airports.

gary
08-03-2010, 01:06 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/03/report-vikings-prepared-to-offer-favre-money-time/commentsThis is just what mom said when the news was released this morning.

Goldensilence
08-03-2010, 01:18 PM
I bet Sage is at home running around in circles...

Who says he's running? ;)

HOU-TEX
08-03-2010, 01:26 PM

Yeah, he's gotta be pumped. With Favre gone he's got the #2 QB spot sewn up. lol. From what I've read, he's been horrible so far. But then again, camp just began so who knows

I think Chilly knows he's screwed if Brett doesn't return. The Vikes couldn't get to the Bowl last season with Brett. T Jax and Sage aren't going have a season like Brett had. Hell, I think Brett's thinking he can't duplicate last season's performance. Let him go Chilly

J_R
08-03-2010, 01:30 PM
What everyone has been waiting for; no telling if it's a 1 hr, 1 day, 1 week, or 1 month special but

Favre Special, ESPN, 3:30 p.m. ET.

Brando
08-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Who says he's running? ;)

haha He might being flying in circles?:fingergun:

WWJD
08-03-2010, 02:41 PM
I sort of doubt Brett is done. More money. More time. He'll get whatever he wants and life goes on.

ChampionTexan
08-03-2010, 02:44 PM

Apparently Sage has now dropped to 4th string on the Vikings depth chart...

And linebacker Nick Barnett doesn't care one way or the other who lines up for the Vikings this year at quarterback....We're going to have the same goal whether it's Tarvaris (Jackson), Jeffrey Dahmer or Norman Bates quarterbacking.

LINK (http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/99853674.html)

Kulluminatii
08-03-2010, 02:54 PM

I actually think this will work out for them in the end. QBs like Mallet & Locker who IMO are much better prospects then Jimmy & Colt will be entering the draft. Plus the new CBA should be done, hopefully that means no more 80m contracts for rookies!

Hardcore Texan
08-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Apparently Sage has now dropped to 4th string on the Packers depth chart...

LINK (http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/99853674.html)

That's tampering brutha!

Wolf
08-03-2010, 04:03 PM
I sort of doubt Brett is done. More money. More time. He'll get whatever he wants and life goes on.

This story really doesn't bother me.

I agree with you WWJD.. he says he is done, but I imagine the Vikings will throw the kitchen sink at him for one more season.. they are a heartbeat away from the SuperBowl ..

texasguy346
08-03-2010, 04:07 PM
So since LeBron's special was called "The Decision" shouldn't Favre's special be called "The Indecision"?

ChampionTexan
08-03-2010, 04:14 PM
That's tampering brutha!

Oops. Changed.

HOU-TEX
08-03-2010, 04:35 PM
And the drama continues.....as if we didn't think it would.

A "family source" tells the Biloxi (MS) Sun Herald that Brett Favre has not decided whether to play football in 2010.

The report comes from the Herald's Al Jones, who often breaks the most crucial Favre news. "Brett has not made a commitment to play or a decision to return at this point," said the source, presumably a close family member. Meanwhile, rumors continue to circulate that Favre is making a power play for more money. Favre's former Packers teammate LeRoy Butler told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that he recently heard Favre wanted a new three-year contract from the Vikings worth $13M annually. If Butler's story is true, Favre not only wants to play in 2010. He wants to play in 2011 and 2012, too

http://www.sunherald.com/2010/08/02/2378261/family-source-favre-has-made-no.html

Showtime100
08-03-2010, 04:45 PM
The press isn't buying it either....

Favre will suit up in 10, count on it (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-favredrama080310)

gary
08-03-2010, 04:50 PM
I actually think this will work out for them in the end. QBs like Mallet & Locker who IMO are much better prospects then Jimmy & Colt will be entering the draft. Plus the new CBA should be done, hopefully that means no more 80m contracts for rookies!
You might be right we'll see

kiwitexansfan
08-03-2010, 05:06 PM
There is a famous advertising campaign in NZ for a Beer brand called Tui.

It come to mind with Brett favre's 'retirement'....

http://www.aut.ac.nz/resources/research/research_institutes/ccr/kiwi_english_5.png

Brett Favre Retires - Yeah Right

gary
08-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Lol

WWJD
08-03-2010, 06:10 PM
So since LeBron's special was called "The Decision" shouldn't Favre's special be called "The Indecision"?

A LOL post. Funny!

Wolf
08-03-2010, 06:37 PM
I do wish Favre would just come out and say it " I am too old to go through all of training camp. I don't like it "

JB
08-03-2010, 06:38 PM
I do wish Favre would just come out and say it " I am too old to go through all of training camp. I don't like it "

Right! I am so tired of this crap! :pissed:

gary
08-03-2010, 06:48 PM
I have always liked and respected him but his act along with ESPN are getting old to say the least.

CloakNNNdagger
08-03-2010, 07:07 PM
With a song in his heart, stick a fork in his back already, and a sock in his mouth.

GP
08-03-2010, 07:37 PM
You know, he should just sit out until the very last deadline of the regular season. Then sign with the team of his choice, whichever one looks like the best team for a Super Bowl run.

He needs to just be honest with us, and say "I want to do the least amount of work, but with the highest chance of winning a ring. I'm a hired gun. Period."

QB Whore.

Because at the end of the day, this isn't about Favre having the same mindset and overall "NFL experience" that other players have with their teams. At this point, he's just a gypsy. The act was old then, and it isn't getting better.

Now, in a more serious tone: I hope he finds something to dedicate himself to once it really is over for him. Because you know what? This is getting borderline "sad" with how much he can't quit it. I don't want to hear that it's his decision and he knows when it's his time to stop. He doesn't know how to stop. Obviously. And once he HAS to stop, what does he do? He either becomes the guy who finds a positive outlet for his time and energy, or he turns the time and energy in a different direction.

Carr Bombed
08-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Hmm.......so it's getting about time where Farve starts throwing passes to high school kids.

JB
08-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Hmm.......so it's getting about time where Farve starts throwing passes to high school kids.

Yeah, that's what he was doing during the Childress visit last week.

Wolf
08-03-2010, 08:08 PM
I think I saw a clip with him doing it last week

Carr Bombed
08-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Man I haven't been paying attention at all. "The Decision" took over the last month.

That's probably why Brett Farve did this today.....he's tired of everyone talking about LeBron/Heat and Albert Haynesworth's lazy ass.

JB
08-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Man I haven't been paying attention at all. "The Decision" took over the last month.

That's probably why Brett Farve did this today.....he's tired of everyone talking about LeBron/Heat and Albert Haynesworth's lazy ass.

Yep, he's just been waiting for a lull. When AH news starting getting old, he decided to make some news before something else came out.

mexican_texan
08-04-2010, 12:40 AM
http://deadspin.com/5603792/hilariously-gross-brett-favre-news-to-surface-soon

TimeKiller
08-04-2010, 07:45 AM
I'll believe it when I see a whole season of games and not one Favre sighting.

gary
08-04-2010, 09:16 AM
I'll still miss him if this is indeed the end.

gary
08-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Farve says he did not sent any text messages.

HoustonFrog
08-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Favre playing if healthy now...he really needs help

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5436231

Brett Favre told ESPN's Ed Werder that he has not made any decision about returning for the 2010 season and says he will play if healthy.

Favre denied that he has sent text messages to any Vikings personnel saying he is retiring.

Asked if money a factor, Favre said this is not about money.

According to multiple reports, Favre informed the Vikings he would not return to Minnesota for a second season. Favre sent text messages to teammates saying, "This is it," league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

gary
08-04-2010, 11:15 AM
It's funny now that he has been offered an extra seven million.

Second Honeymoon
08-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Wow, Favre is going to retire because he is mad about these sext messages/pictures being bandied about?

I am a huge fan of Jenn Sterger but you can't pull that crap if your married and you definitely can't pull it if you are Brett Favre. It looks like Favre may be threatening retirement so he can make sure these pictures and rumors go away forever. He has a beautiful wife and family at home and I am sure he doesn't want this to continue getting worse.

Sending sext messages of your **** is wayyyy below average, Brett. I am a big fan but that is just stupid stupid stupid. I respect him for trying to pull Jenn Sterger, but you can't do that if you are married...plus she is the age of his daughter which is a bit creepy.

I love me some Jenn Sterger, though.

http://jennsterger.fansiter.com/pictures/jenn-sterger4.jpg

Kaiser Toro
08-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Sterger, err, Dillo hunting while wearing Crocs is one way a country boy can survive.

gtexan02
08-04-2010, 01:47 PM
For anyone who has no idea what this is about
http://deadspin.com/5603701/brett-favre-once-sent-me-****-shots-not-a-love-story

I like how she refers to herself as a "big boobed hoe"

(warning, language is not clean throughout)

CloakNNNdagger
08-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Looks like Favre may be left holding the.............................:thinking:

Double Barrel
08-04-2010, 03:24 PM
wow...so much hate for a HoF player that has been a blast to watch for the past two decades. I guess some folks have really sensitive pee-pees that get hurt when they watch too much t.v. Go outside and soak up some rays and do something productive until the real season starts. This stuff is just entertainment, and should not have such an emotional impact in your lives. :howdy:

MojoMan
08-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Favre playing if healthy now...he really needs help

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5436231

Favre is going to play. If not in Minnesota, then somewhere else. Perhaps he waits until the first wave of QB injuries, and then signs on with whoever is 1) in a position to make a run deep in the playoffs, and 2) in desperate need of emergency help at the QB position.

Have you people not seen this film before? It has been playing at this time of year for a number of years now, so I do not know how anyone could have missed it. And it always ends the same way.

Favre will retire when he is physically unable to continue any longer. And that is not the case yet, as demonstrated by his appearance in last year's NFC Championship game.

WWJD
08-04-2010, 06:24 PM
I'll still miss him if this is indeed the end.

I agree with you Gary. I will miss him too.

gary
08-04-2010, 07:06 PM
I agree with you Gary. I will miss him too.
Repped. Thank you.

Koolaid Time
08-04-2010, 10:03 PM
The press isn't buying it either....

Favre will suit up in 10, count on it (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-favredrama080310)

You know, this is the same type of total BS Roger Clemens used to pull.

"I don't know... I'm retired"..... yadda yadda.....

(until another $4 Million or so is thrown his way) and in the meantime a team has to develop an offensive gameplan based upon a backup/free agent QB.

If I was the Vikings GM I'd give Farve the big "FU" and announce that they accept his retirement and go on.

Texecutioner
08-04-2010, 10:29 PM
wow...so much hate for a HoF player that has been a blast to watch for the past two decades. I guess some folks have really sensitive pee-pees that get hurt when they watch too much t.v. Go outside and soak up some rays and do something productive until the real season starts. This stuff is just entertainment, and should not have such an emotional impact in your lives. :howdy:

I've stayed out of this thread and just came across this eloquent post of yours as usual DB. Half the people crying about Favre give all of these networks the rating that they desire when they talk about Favre all of the time. I tune it out and wait until his real decision takes place. And like you, I love watching the guy and last year I thought he was amazing and I enjoyed every minute of watching him play. I hope he comes back big time. But until it's official either way, I won't put any emotions into it or pay any attention to what the media is saying.

WWJD
08-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Troy Aikman said he was still getting calls 2 years after he retired and he was in no way keeping himself in football shape.

Brett may not be out of the league till he's 60. Whatever happens with him happens. It's oversaturation by the media and he thrives on that. He's the poster child for indecision.

HoustonFrog
08-05-2010, 09:42 AM

DB, we are pretty much eye to eye on everything but I disagree here. Hate is a strong word but from a fan perspective I hate the guy. If you scan back 4-5 years I used to tell people that the one guy I enjoyed watching that wasn't a Cowboy was Favre. I was peeved that the Boys had no one with that much passion, etc. Then he started his yearly retirement talk. The talk turned into lies. Lies upon lies of what he was or was not doing. Tainted the man for me. He is a genuine attention whore. I mean this same debate happened last year. It happened the year before. People can blame the media all they want but he drives the media bus. His own teammates said they got texts. He then lies and says he said nothing despite their quotes. He did it last year or the year before that and basically ruined a guys broadcast career who announced the info. Never apologized when it came out the guy was right. I just have no respect for him. I wish he retired 4 years ago with dignity intact. It is just a game but it is also a society where we EXPECT 24/7 news coverage and he knows we will get it. It's not like he can't control the talk or leaks....HE is the leak. I guess LeBron was getting too much attention. Heck I flew on a Sunday morning to watch him play last year in the playoffs v Dallas. I wouldn't have for any other team. But it still doesn't make me like what is doing or has been doing. This is going on 4-5 years of it and it gets worse.

Second Honeymoon
08-05-2010, 09:48 AM
I support Favre and he should come back. The Saints cheapshotted him and that franchise deserves to be the pile of crap it once was just like the city is.

Knocking someone out of the game is 100% cool but trying to injure someone intentionally (and they did) is a different thing altogether. When the football gods intervene and Saints go back to being irrelevant and total losers (like their 'fans') Favre will be vindicated.

As for Favre's supposed texts? I don't know. Maybe he is gripping over the supposed texts he sent of his package to Jenn Sterger or maybe he is gripping over wanting more money and thought this could do the trick?

who knows....and yes, I hate the Saints. The Saints and their fans showed no class during last season's preseason game and it would be nice if all Saints fans and former New Orleans residents would get the hell out of our city. We got enough problems as it is, we don't need them around.

Texan_Bill
08-05-2010, 10:14 AM

DB, putting this drama queen's act aside, have you forgotten about the crack back block on Eugene Wilson's knees?? That alone is enough for the ire felt throughout this thread.

infantrycak
08-05-2010, 10:46 AM
People can blame the media all they want but he drives the media bus. His own teammates said they got texts.

He does bring much of this on himself and the media is what it is and he should take it into account. Having said that, I'm not sure the texts thing wasn't poor reporting. What I heard was a single source being Shiancoe saying he didn't get a text but some teammates did. I'd put a lot more weight in it if someone who claimed to have received a text came forward.

Blake
08-05-2010, 10:50 AM
I see the thread title, but did he actually even say hes done? Sounds like false advertising to me.

Double Barrel
08-05-2010, 11:40 AM
DB, we are pretty much eye to eye on everything but I disagree here. Hate is a strong word but from a fan perspective I hate the guy. If you scan back 4-5 years I used to tell people that the one guy I enjoyed watching that wasn't a Cowboy was Favre. I was peeved that the Boys had no one with that much passion, etc. Then he started his yearly retirement talk. The talk turned into lies. Lies upon lies of what he was or was not doing. Tainted the man for me. He is a genuine attention whore. I mean this same debate happened last year. It happened the year before. People can blame the media all they want but he drives the media bus. His own teammates said they got texts. He then lies and says he said nothing despite their quotes. He did it last year or the year before that and basically ruined a guys broadcast career who announced the info. Never apologized when it came out the guy was right. I just have no respect for him. I wish he retired 4 years ago with dignity intact. It is just a game but it is also a society where we EXPECT 24/7 news coverage and he knows we will get it. It's not like he can't control the talk or leaks....HE is the leak. I guess LeBron was getting too much attention. Heck I flew on a Sunday morning to watch him play last year in the playoffs v Dallas. I wouldn't have for any other team. But it still doesn't make me like what is doing or has been doing. This is going on 4-5 years of it and it gets worse.

You're cool, man, but seriously, I don't see all that stuff because I don't pay attention to the doofus talking heads that just spout opinions over and over and over. The MEDIA is the one that feeds this perpetual drama machine, so I just find more productive use of my time instead of wasting it to absorb the drivel from those morons.

I have arrived at a point in life that I watch FOOTBALL, but not all the other crap from a 24/7/365 news cycle. The game is what matters to me, so when the season rolls around, if Favre is playing or not is when my attention will be focused on this subject.

DB, putting this drama queen's act aside, have you forgotten about the crack back block on Eugene Wilson's knees?? That alone is enough for the ire felt throughout this thread.

I won't defend Favre with that, because that was a chump move. But, that being said, you're the first to mention it as a reason not to like the guy in this thread. Most of the reactions have been due to the overwhelming media coverage, which I can understand, but I just don't pay attention to anymore.

My earlier post was over-the-top with dripping sarcasm, so I did not mean to call anyone out or insult y'all. Favre is just fun to watch as a fan of NFL, so that's my perspective. All these talking heads on t.v. with their inflated egos and self-valued high opinions can kiss my ass. :shades:

HJam72
08-05-2010, 12:02 PM
If he really retires will they still have the NFL? :mcnugget:

gary
08-05-2010, 12:07 PM
If he really retires will they still have the NFL? :mcnugget:
No, but everyone at ESPN medical bills will sky rocket through the roof.

Showtime100
08-05-2010, 01:30 PM
I see the thread title, but did he actually even say hes done? Sounds like false advertising to me.

Depends. What year are we talking about? I think it works since the year he said he's done is not specified either. :specnatz:

Mr teX
08-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Green Bay is :turtle: right now b/c they don't have to deal with that shit anymore and they got a very good replacement in turn.

This dude is just.......i can't even think of anything that describes how this guy's been acting the last 5 years. Yeah, the media is partially to blame, but if he just came out & said:

"i'm coming back, i just don't wanna go to training camp"

"i'm done, my body can't handle it anymore.."

& stuck with it, i might respect him a bit more. But this whole straddling the fence & vague innuendos about his future, & sending out false reports here & there is just nerve racking. He could take all the air out of this "favre watch" crap if he just made a statement & stuck with it. MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND BRETT!!!!!!

RunninRepub
08-05-2010, 02:34 PM
MR TEX is an ***** suburban fan...you can tell!

Second Honeymoon
08-05-2010, 02:44 PM

nice first post......

gtexan02
08-05-2010, 02:46 PM

Whats a suburban fan?

RunninRepub
08-05-2010, 02:53 PM
I meant to say a fan who sits on laptop all day at work and posts for no reason. I read his posts all the time and get so frustrated so i had to join.:strangle:

infantrycak
08-05-2010, 03:11 PM

The rule around here is talk about the post and not the poster. Welcome to the MB but drop the insults.

HOU-TEX
08-05-2010, 03:19 PM

I meant to say a fan who sits on laptop all day at work and posts for no reason. I read his posts all the time and get so frustrated so i had to join.:strangle:

:lol: is all I can say

Reminds me of a quote from Stripes. "You're makin friends fast around here, John".

Texan_Bill
08-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Whats a suburban fan?

Texans fans that live in Sugar Land??? :whistle:

Texan_Bill
08-05-2010, 03:28 PM
:lol: is all I can say

Reminds me of a quote from Stripes. "You're makin friends fast around here, John".

Are you TexansTalk's big toe??

gary
08-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Texans fans that live in Sugar Land??? :whistle:
Or Spring.

HOU-TEX
08-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Are you TexansTalk's big toe??

Nah, but "I wish I was a loofah".

Texan_Bill
08-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Nah, but "I wish I was a loofah".

So I could wash my ass with you?? :pirate:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_drUMJ9HF-tQ/SJInoh7gp9I/AAAAAAAADAA/dIqvfj5Jrh8/s400/Favre+Cry.JPG Brett!!

Mr teX
08-06-2010, 11:04 AM

who me????? so what i sit at work & post all the time when i should be working..what's it to ya pal?:wild:

Speedy
08-06-2010, 06:35 PM
...........tells ________.com that he has yet to decide if he will play next season, but he’s leaning toward continuing his NFL career. If he plays in 2010, _________ is maintaining his interest in _______________.

“At this point, _______________ and I have interest in still playing,” _______ said from his home in _________. “I’m not positive that’s what I want to do. I just want to keep all my options open.”

J_R
08-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Surprise surprise :rolleyes:

hansonscott (http://twitter.com/hansonscott)

Just filed exclusively to NFL Network: Brett Favre is on a jet heading north. More details soon on NFLN.

Texecutioner
08-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Surprise surprise :rolleyes:

hansonscott (http://twitter.com/hansonscott)

Just filed exclusively to NFL Network: Brett Favre is on a jet heading north. More details soon on NFLN.

:spit:

Ah this is great. I want to see one more year of "The Brett."

Kulluminatii
08-17-2010, 03:35 PM
It looks like he is returning after all, I got an e-mail from his official website stating:

Stay tuned for breaking news from the Minnesota Vikings today on Brett Favre's possible return. Visit the Vikings.com and Officialbrettfavre.com for more information.

The Pencil Neck
08-17-2010, 04:58 PM
On NFLN, the creeper just said that Favre's "intent" is to play.

Brando
08-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Tarvaris Jackson on Brett Favre: "I really don't care"

link (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/17/tarvaris-jackson-on-brett-favre-i-really-dont-care/)

JB
08-17-2010, 05:45 PM
link (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/17/tarvaris-jackson-on-brett-favre-i-really-dont-care/)

I wonder if anyone has asked Sage that question? Besides, what was he supposed to say? Throw his teammates under the bus?

TEXANS84
08-17-2010, 05:45 PM
^ Those poor backups (Sage included).

Hervoyel
08-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Can't say a blame him (Jackson). He has no power over it so why worry about it. He can go to camp, sweat his ass off, walk on water, it wouldn't matter. St. Brett comes to town and there's no question who's the starter.

gtexan02
08-17-2010, 05:50 PM
^ Those poor backups (Sage included).

Sage had about the best preseason game you can have. Then Favre decided he needed to come back

JB
08-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Can't say a blame him (Jackson). He has no power over it so why worry about it. He can go to camp, sweat his ass off, walk on water, it wouldn't matter. St. Brett comes to town and there's no question who's the starter.

Yep, that's why I have lost a lot of respect for Favre as a person.

Kulluminatii
08-17-2010, 05:55 PM

Still great to watch though! :shades:

JB
08-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Still great to watch though! :shades:

Absolutely! Just I use to think he was a great role model as well as a really fun guy to watch play. Now, not so much.

Kulluminatii
08-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Well yeah, I kind of agree with you there. Favre is one indecisive SOB, and it does put a lot of people off. I try to think of him as someone who just wants to play football and win one last time before going out, its just his way of doing things that always seems to piss off somebody out there :D.

JB
08-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Well yeah, I kind of agree with you there. Favre is one indecisive SOB, and it does put a lot of people off. I try to think of him as someone who just wants to play football and win one last time before going out, its just his way of doing things that always seems to piss off somebody out there :D.

Nah, he's gotten to where he thinks it is funny. Not really his fault that the 4 letter network makes it such a big deal. He has just played on it the last few years.

NitroGSXR
08-17-2010, 06:24 PM
I friggin' love it!! Go Brett!!!

gary
08-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Farve is to blame for this saga but it's not like he has ever been told no before. I don't like the way the front office or coach Brad has kissed Brett's booty this whole time JMO.

Kulluminatii
08-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Nah, he's gotten to where he thinks it is funny. Not really his fault that the 4 letter network makes it such a big deal. He has just played on it the last few years.

NFLN? ESPN? :D

I think Favre would get a lot less heat from people if he just came out and said he'd wait until after training camp to decide. Its pretty obvious he hates practicing.

Kulluminatii
08-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Farve is to blame for this saga but it's not like he has ever been told no before. I don't like the way the front office or coach Brad has kissed Brett's booty this whole time JMO.

Yeah, its kind of pathetic seeing the Vikings FO/Childress basically bend over for Brett. But hey, if they get a SuperBowl win out of it, it would have been worth it. http://www.bobcatsplanet.com/vb/images/smilies/644_evil_grin_and_eyebrow_raising.gif

JB
08-17-2010, 06:29 PM
NFLN? ESPN? :D

I think Favre would get a lot less heat from people if he just came out and said he'd wait until after training camp to decide. Its pretty obvious he hates practicing.

This year was not as bad as the last few because he did have the andkle injury. But yeah, if just would have said I will play if healthy, I will know about the 3rd week of August.

gary
08-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Yeah, its kind of pathetic seeing the Vikings FO/Childress basically bend over for Brett. But hey, if they get a SuperBowl win out of it, it would have been worth it. http://www.bobcatsplanet.com/vb/images/smilies/644_evil_grin_and_eyebrow_raising.gifThe fact is because he is who he is and has the great record he has no one will ever have the guts to tell him off and everyone will flock to him in the end.

NitroGSXR
08-17-2010, 06:38 PM
The fact is because he is who he is and has the great record he has no one will ever have the guts to tell him off and everyone will flock to him in the end.

You better flock to him or he will throw a game-ending interception on you!

gary
08-17-2010, 06:43 PM
You better flock to him or he will throw a game-ending interception on you!:lol: All he had to do was run for a couple of more yards and slide down on that play. Longwell would have come in to kick after that.

Ryan
08-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Favre is still one of my favorite football players of all time so i really do hope he comes back. If the Texans can't win the superbowl, i'd rather the Vikes win it. I liked them before they had Favre in the first place.

His fiascos over the past few offseasons have been a little over the top, but i don't think Favre is meaning to be an attention whore for it, i just think he says a lot of things without thinking.

JB
08-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Favre is still one of my favorite football players of all time so i really do hope he comes back. If the Texans can't win the superbowl, i'd rather the Vikes win it. I liked them before they had Favre in the first place.

His fiascos over the past few offseasons have been a little over the top, but i don't think Favre is meaning to be an attention whore for it, i just think he says a lot of things without thinking.

I understand what you are saying from a fan standpoint, but in regards to the bolded...

C'mon man!

Kulluminatii
08-17-2010, 06:58 PM
I understand what you are saying from a fan standpoint, but in regards to the bolded...

C'mon man!

Well this is Favre we are talking about, he isn't exactly the brightest person out there...so who knows? :D

Speedy
08-17-2010, 07:39 PM

LMAO!!! Why do you just throw it on Favre? What about the Vikings? They play a part in this too you know.

Unbelievable how people get worked up about whether a man plays football or not. F you Aaron Schobel!!!

And I'll take Favre and all that comes with him over Sage and Tavaris 8 days a week.

JB
08-17-2010, 07:52 PM
LMAO!!! Why do you just throw it on Favre? What about the Vikings? They play a part in this too you know.

Unbelievable how people get worked up about whether a man plays football or not. F you Aaron Schobel!!!

And I'll take Favre and all that comes with him over Sage and Tavaris 8 days a week.

Not just putting it on Favre. But he did the same to the packers for a few years, the jets, and now the vikings. And what does Scobel have to do with it?

Do you just read one post out of this thread and decide to jump ass about my opinion?

gary
08-17-2010, 08:02 PM
This just into sportscenter Brett Farve has just told the team he wants his own toliet paper and new boxer breefs before signing his contract.

TexanSam
08-17-2010, 09:05 PM
ESPN just needs to create a new channel dedicated exclusively to Favre. ESPN4

Speedy
08-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Not just putting it on Favre. But he did the same to the packers for a few years, the jets, and now the vikings. And what does Scobel have to do with it?

Do you just read one post out of this thread and decide to jump ass about my opinion?

Nope. I just find it amusing how people react to what a man does with his career. Why does that matter to people? It's his business, his life. And the Jets and Vikings played the game right along with him. If nobody wanted him, he wouldn't be playing. If he couldn't play, he wouldn't be playing. The Vikings DO want him (if he plays), over what they've got. They'd be idiots not to. Favre > Sage/Jackson all day every day.

It's obvious the Vikings don't have a problem with this, so why do fans? That's what I find amusing. People reacting the way they do, some even getting outraged that this guy does this. I'd be somewhat interested in a Viking fans take on it. I can't imagine one of them saying screw Favre and let's go with Tavaris freaking Jackson.

Then there's the media slobbering all over it, yet it's Favre that loses everyone's respect.

As for Schobel, that's what post #103 was about. That post was not about Favre, that was from an article about Schobel. Schobel can't decide if he wants to play or not and nobody loses respect for him. Granted, it's not every year and he's not plastered all over ESPN, but still. Everyone here is all excited about him maybe coming here and it's not clear if he wants to play or retire. Is he going to play? Is he going to retire? Come on Schobel, make up your damn mind!! How's that any different from Favre, other than the 4 or 5 years in a row and the non-stop media coverage, that is?

If you don't like the guy, so be it, if that's your opinion. My opinion is that I find amusement over the way fans react to it all, blame the guy, blast the guy, lose respect for the guy, and all that jazz, like his decision has some bearing on their lives. Saying he's making a fool of himself yet he comes out and has one of his best seasons ever. It's his livelihood and as long as he can do it and as long as there's a team that will let him, who cares if he cries and retires and unretires every off-season? Not many have that kind of passion with a career. I don't. I won't shed a single tear when I'm done.

If the guy says all summer long that he's not playing any more and then October rolls around and he starts getting the itch, AND some team jumps on it, and he does this for the next 10 years, what the hell does that matter to anybody? And why does Favre get vilified for it while the Jets and Vikings or whatever team it is that picks him up, doesn't get to lose your respect?

And the funniest part is people saying what a raw deal Sage and Tavaris are getting. Really? You'd really rather have those 2 running your team over Brett Favre. I can think of several teams fans who would rather have Favre than what they've got now. But whatever.

b0ng
08-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Obligatory Smugfavre

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq263/b0ngerz/Title-Gendo81809.jpg

Also, would like to see this added as an emote:

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq263/b0ngerz/attachment-2.png

We need some :smugfavre: up in here.

GP
08-17-2010, 11:59 PM
I think this is the only exception to the rule of "Never root for a player to get injured."

I don't want a nasty injury. Just a solid hit that leaves him sitting on the turf for about 1 or 2 minutes, grinning and a tiny little dribble of blood out of the corner of his mouth. Then he decides to quit altogether.

That's my dream scenario. Sue me if you don't like it.

drewmar74
08-18-2010, 07:08 AM

yes!

BIG TORO
08-18-2010, 07:15 AM
Yeah, its kind of pathetic seeing the Vikings FO/Childress basically bend over for Brett. But hey, if they get a SuperBowl win out of it, it would have been worth it. http://www.bobcatsplanet.com/vb/images/smilies/644_evil_grin_and_eyebrow_raising.gif

They can't get a super bowl win, cuz we are getting a super bowl WIN!

Blake
08-18-2010, 07:26 AM
I love how ESPN fabricated this entire Brett Favre circus. Like I said pages ago, did he even actually say he was going to retire? Oh it was in a text message to teammates that said "this is it." Yeah ESPN you nailed it.

Can we wait until news is actually news before we report it? I swear to god ESPN is becoming TMZ light.

BigBull17
08-18-2010, 07:45 AM

But they wont. Brett will be Brett. I got great joy when he blew it in a Favre way. I expect about the same.

TimeKiller
08-18-2010, 07:48 AM
no way!!!!!!!! i can't believe it!!!!! he's coming back!!!!!!!!

Nah I'm just kidding. I actually thought he was coming back the whole time...

What? You did too? No you didn't only I am smart enough to predict Favre's offseason hijinx....

False Start
08-18-2010, 08:31 AM
This just in..... water is wet. :yawn:

Showtime100
08-18-2010, 08:35 AM
This is a true Favre thread. Just when you think you've seen the last of it.......:thinking:

gary
08-18-2010, 08:40 AM
The sun is hot and Earth is the third planet from it which means it's 93,0000 miles away.

Showtime100
08-18-2010, 08:48 AM
The sun is hot and Earth is the third planet from it which means it's 93,0000 miles away.

No wonder it's so freakin hot. :heat:

Just kidding Gary. You got it right, just left off a couple of zeros at the end. :)

gary
08-18-2010, 09:02 AM
No wonder it's so freakin hot. :heat:

Just kidding Gary. You got it right, just left off a couple of zeros at the end. :):barman:

drs23
08-18-2010, 09:30 AM

Yeah, especially those poor TV salesmen :kitten:

gary
08-18-2010, 10:04 AM
He'll sign today. Whoot.

ChampionTexan
08-18-2010, 10:20 AM
One thought to hopefully calm those who have a problem with Brett's return.

This year, the NFC North plays the AFC East. The Texans will potentially be competing with the Jets, the Pats, and/or the Dolphins for one of two wildcard spots. I like the Vikings chances better in all three of those games with Favre at QB.

WWJD
08-18-2010, 10:20 AM
I like Brett and all that..great player...but he seriously needs to get a handle on his "LOOK AT ME!" syndrome. I am glad that he wants to play because I think he's a special player and there aren't ever enough of them but when I got up this morning and saw this story about guys getting on a plane and going to get him and all that it sounded like something from a really bad soap opera. Such nonsense.

gary
08-18-2010, 10:24 AM
I like Brett and all that..great player...but he seriously needs to get a handle on his "LOOK AT ME!" syndrome. I am glad that he wants to play because I think he's a special player and there aren't ever enough of them but when I got up this morning and saw this story about guys getting on a plane and going to get him and all that it sounded like something from a really bad soap opera. Such nonsense.
He has been like that for awhile but now it's becoming just downright sickening JMO.

HOU-TEX
08-18-2010, 10:30 AM
I don't have a problem with Favre coming back. I think he's good for the game and love the way he plays it.

I'm just happy the saga wasn't as bad as last season. Last year I got to the point I missed a few NFLTA's due to Favre watch.....and that never happens.

Good luck, Brett

gary
08-18-2010, 10:35 AM
I don't have a problem with Favre coming back. I think he's good for the game and love the way he plays it.

I'm just happy the saga wasn't as bad as last season. Last year I got to the point I missed a few NFLTA's due to Favre watch.....and that never happens.

Good luck, Brett
People do not have a problem with him coming back and they never have just the way he and his team has handled all of this JMO.

Showtime100
08-18-2010, 10:39 AM
The kind of money he's getting he better fart touchdowns in his sleep. He's getting so much money "it's not about the money." I want to make "it's not about the money" money.

HOU-TEX
08-18-2010, 10:45 AM
People do not have a problem with him coming back and they never have just the way he and his team has handled all of this JMO.

He and his team? Or the media? I reckon they all are at fault in some way, but I think the media tend to take things over the top. Sure, it's their job, but it doesn't mean it's a good job.

JB
08-18-2010, 10:52 AM
He and his team? Or the media? I reckon they all are at fault in some way, but I think the media tend to take things over the top. Sure, it's their job, but it doesn't mean it's a good job.

Good point! But Favre does seem to enjoy it.

gary
08-18-2010, 10:55 AM
He and his team? Or the media? I reckon they all are at fault in some way, but I think the media tend to take things over the top. Sure, it's their job, but it doesn't mean it's a good job.All three are pretty much shameless it's pretty sad even Bus Cook has called Brett a drama queen JMO.

HOU-TEX
08-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Good point! But Favre does seem to enjoy it.

Sure, as a lot of people would. I'm not one of those types, but a lot a people would like the attention.

All three are pretty much shameless it's pretty sad even Bus Cook has called Brett a drama queen JMO.

Cook probably gets upset because Brett never informs him of his plans. Ha

The Pencil Neck
08-18-2010, 11:15 AM
I was never a huge Favre fan. He's been a great QB at times and his streak of starts is amazing. But in a couple of different periods of his career, he's almost hurt his teams as much as he's helped them. Last year, he was pretty smoking hot and you've got to respect that.

Personally, I never thought for a moment he wasn't going to play this year.

But the way he plays this game with the media every year really irks me. The first year was OK. He was a legend considering retirement, end of an era, blah blah blah. But since then, it has really gotten old.

badboy
08-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Brett Favre, Brett Favre! I am so sick of ESPN throwing this guy at us all the time. signed Tim Tebow.

"Hey, Gary, if I get cut are you interested in me?" signed Sage.

gary
08-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Jackson and Sage are both fed up with the whole thing.

WWJD
08-18-2010, 11:31 AM
He has been like that for awhile but now it's becoming just downright sickening JMO.

I agree Gary. I don't watch ESPN at all except maybe draft day so I guess I am not hearing as much about it as the people on here that do watch ESPN.

Anyway I'm tired of it and I like Brett! So silly.

gary
08-18-2010, 11:41 AM
I agree Gary. I don't watch ESPN at all except maybe draft day so I guess I am not hearing as much about it as the people on here that do watch ESPN.

Anyway I'm tired of it and I like Brett! So silly.It is just sad but if you are as much as a sports fan as me then you're pretty much stuck watching ESPN.

Showtime100
08-18-2010, 11:42 AM
They better make him do the conditioning test

-- Albert Haynesworth

Kulluminatii
08-18-2010, 12:01 PM
But they wont. Brett will be Brett. I got great joy when he blew it in a Favre way. I expect about the same.

I think that really got to Favre. If I'm not mistaken he ended his career in Green Bay with a pick, he ended his career in New York with a pick, and if he had retired for good he would have ended his career in Minnesota with a pick.

They can't get a super bowl win, cuz we are getting a super bowl WIN!

:D

I expect the Texans to make a deep play-off run, going to the SuperBowl and winning it, I'm not so sure of. The team has talent, thats for sure, but I'm still skeptical if Kubiak is the right guy for this team. However, I'd love to see a Texans vs Vikings SuperBowl, would make for one hell of a game.

The kind of money he's getting he better fart touchdowns in his sleep. He's getting so much money "it's not about the money." I want to make "it's not about the money" money.

He's still on the same contract (so far) that he had last season with the Vikings, which I believe is 13m a season for 2 years (this being his last year). I've heard rumors all this drama was to try and get a bigger contract, but so far, he hasn't asked for one.

False Start
08-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Jackson and Sage are both fed up with the whole thing.

http://a.imageshack.us/img186/1336/rp4.gif

Mr teX
08-18-2010, 12:30 PM
can't wait to see this chump blow it the way he always does...

gary
08-18-2010, 12:41 PM
can't wait to see this chump blow it the way he always does...
Most of that comes from not using his noggin.

OzzO
08-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Bring back the 'copter!

gary
08-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Bring back the 'copter!
He is still better than both of the backups the Texans have right now.

Texecutioner
08-18-2010, 01:10 PM
9 pages of people discussing Favre knowing he was going to come back most likely the whole time.

People obviously love to hear about Favre. He's a marketing machine for ratings and a hot topic that people are infatuated with.

HOU-TEX
08-18-2010, 01:22 PM
They better make him do the conditioning test

-- Albert Haynesworth

:lol: Will he be able to use his walker?

The1ApplePie
08-18-2010, 01:34 PM
I really hope D-Ware shoves Toby G up Favre's ass in the NFC Championship game

gary
08-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Brett is now taking a leak as Brad speaks to the media.

gary
08-18-2010, 03:00 PM
9 pages of people discussing Favre knowing he was going to come back most likely the whole time.

People obviously love to hear about Favre. He's a marketing machine for ratings and a hot topic that people are infatuated with.
What can I say? You know you're right.

HoustonFrog
08-18-2010, 03:08 PM
There was an ex-player on Rome today that was just ripping Favre a new one. It was awesome. Talking about guys flying out to stroke his ego...its not about the money but he takes more money...he hems and haws. Just a yearly joke.

gary
08-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Brett said this is an even year number 20 for him and he really is done after this.

HOU-TEX
08-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Brett said this is an even year number 20 for him and he really is done after this.

I read that. To me, saying that 3 weeks before the season doesn't say much for his desire to play.

gary
08-18-2010, 03:49 PM
I read that. To me, saying that 3 weeks before the season doesn't say much for his desire to play.
He seems to like even numbers so I'd say this really is his last season. The look on his face today rubbed me that way too. Who knows though?

rmartin65
08-18-2010, 05:34 PM
He seems to like even numbers so I'd say this really is his last season. The look on his face today rubbed me that way too. Who knows though?

Was it more convincing than when he cried a while back, claiming he was done?

Favre has a problem. Great player, but just make a damn decision. Its not like they will make him practice if he does not want to.

gary
08-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Was it more convincing than when he cried a while back, claiming he was done?

Favre has a problem. Great player, but just make a damn decision. Its not like they will make him practice if he does not want to.
I am not real sure what it was that caught my eye but I just feel he is not going to renew his deal with the possible lockout in 2011 I might be wrong though.

ChampionTexan
08-18-2010, 06:24 PM
I am not real sure what it was that caught my eye but I just feel he is not going to renew his deal with the possible lockout in 2011 I might be wrong though.

It could be because he said it in his press conference. Whether you want to believe it or not is a personal decision.

WWJD
08-18-2010, 06:28 PM
I've heard ex players say how hard it is to walk away from the game. Brett really drives that point home.

I would question though if he was doing it for a chance for a championship or just because he enjoys the attention, etc.

And I like Brett and all but he is bound to have all the money he would ever need.

I've been a football fan for decades and I can't recall any other player doing this type of stuff year in and year out.

gary
08-18-2010, 06:29 PM
It could be because he said it in his press conference. Whether you want to believe it or not is a personal decision.I did not this year but I don't see him taking a risk with a lockout being very likely I don't know.

GP
08-18-2010, 10:53 PM
Bring back the 'copter!

This was my signature graphic after the Copter debacle....

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t128/gpshafer_1976/rosencopter-1.jpg

GNTLEWOLF
08-19-2010, 02:28 AM
About Favre, I was watching his body language. He looked tired. I'm thinking he was really done if his team mates hadn't talked him into coming back. And by that body language i'm saying this is it for him for real. He just doesn't move like this was planned to me.

powerfuldragon
08-19-2010, 02:44 AM
where's the picture of favre with coolface.jpeg

Coach Kevin
08-19-2010, 07:09 AM
Did anyone believe he was not coming back

WWJD
08-19-2010, 08:09 AM
Did anyone believe he was not coming back

Frankly no but the teammates going to get him and the plane trip and all that...I didn't expect that MUCH drama. That sort of surprised me. Why I do not know.

gary
08-19-2010, 08:30 AM
I am still sticking with 20 and done.

Dutchrudder
08-19-2010, 09:21 AM
http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/129089269654934858.jpg

gary
08-19-2010, 10:04 AM
Was this part of the long wait?
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuawqbsU_2TW311I2ytMXbg5nYcB?slug=jc-childressvikes081810

HoustonFrog
08-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Was this part of the long wait?
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuawqbsU_2TW311I2ytMXbg5nYcB?slug=jc-childressvikes081810

Yeah, splitting locker rooms...so Brett. He is TO but just goes about it differently:stirpot:

gary
08-19-2010, 07:06 PM
I would not doubt it if Brad and Brett really don't like each other.

WWJD
08-19-2010, 07:13 PM
I would not doubt it if Brad and Brett really don't like each other.

I bet Sage isn't very fond of Brett either Gary.

gary
08-19-2010, 07:15 PM
I bet Sage isn't very fond of Brett either Gary.
Probably not.

Kulluminatii
08-19-2010, 07:30 PM
If Brett can produce somewhat close to how he produced last year, then everything will be fine and dandy. But if Brett tanks, things won't be so friendly in the locker room, and Childress might as well start packing his bag.

GP
08-19-2010, 07:33 PM
He's like an STD:

He goes away and then comes back. You always think he's not coming back. I mean, I haven't seen him all year...he MUST be gone! I might not ever have to deal with this crap ever again!!!

Oh crap. He's back. (Sigh) Damnit. :pissed:

WWJD
08-19-2010, 07:36 PM
He's like an STD:

He goes away and then comes back. You always think he's not coming back. I mean, I haven't seen him all year...he MUST be gone! I might not ever have to deal with this crap ever again!!!

Oh crap. He's back. (Sigh) Damnit. :pissed:

There is medication for that...never watch ESPN and don't tune in on Vikes games. That would be for the STD Brettitis...any other you will have to deal with yourself. :)

GP
08-19-2010, 08:48 PM
There is medication for that...never watch ESPN and don't tune in on Vikes games. That would be for the STD Brettitis...any other you will have to deal with yourself. :)

I can see the commercial now:

Young man in a sports jersey, eating chips and salsa with other football fans in his living room while watching a game on TV. Turns and looks at camera:

"It seemed like every time I turned around, there he was. Oh sure, he'd go away for awhile, but after weeks of training camp gone by...there he was again. I asked all my friends if they, too, had this problem. And sure enough, they all admitted that it happened to them too. (Sigh) It seemed like a bad soap opera that had no finality, no closure. My salvation wasn't a pill, or a cream. It was a coping method. Now, I can go weeks without a breakout. It's simple, but effective. I just avoid ESPN and that's it. It was difficult at first, but after awhile I could see the difference. I stopped killing random animals out of sheer frustration and anger. I'm actually showering again, as well. So if you have that same problem, you're not alone. Just avoid ESPN. And watch your blood pressure return to normal ranges again. You owe it to yourself, because he's never going away. He can't, you see, because he's a demon. GO PACKERS! (Giggles) I don't even like the Packers. Weird, isn't it?"

Yay!

WWJD
08-19-2010, 08:51 PM
I can see the commercial now:

Young man in a sports jersey, eating chips and salsa with other football fans in his living room while watching a game on TV. Turns and looks at camera:

"It seemed like every time I turned around, there he was. Oh sure, he'd go away for awhile, but after weeks of training camp gone by...there he was again. I asked all my friends if they, too, had this problem. And sure enough, they all admitted that it happened to them too. (Sigh) It seemed like a bad soap opera that had no finality, no closure. My salvation wasn't a pill, or a cream. It was a coping method. Now, I can go weeks without a breakout. It's simple, but effective. I just avoid ESPN and that's it. It was difficult at first, but after awhile I could see the difference. I stopped killing random animals out of sheer frustration and anger. I'm actually showering again, as well. So if you have that same problem, you're not alone. Just avoid ESPN. And watch your blood pressure return to normal ranges again. You owe it to yourself, because he's never going away. He can't, you see, because he's a demon."

Yay!

That's funny...Brett did a commercial where he was making fun of himself..Best Buy or Sears maybe..couldn't decide what TV to buy. It was sort of funny cause he couldn't (or wouldn't) make a decision.

He even realizes he's become a joke. It's as though he can't help himself!

GP
08-19-2010, 08:57 PM
That's funny...Brett did a commercial where he was making fun of himself..Best Buy or Sears maybe..couldn't decide what TV to buy. It was sort of funny cause he couldn't (or wouldn't) make a decision.

He even realizes he's become a joke. It's as though he can't help himself!

I saw that commercial last year.

This year it should be a commercial for crack cocaine. A guy (Favre) goes up to a dealer (it's a huge football with a face and legs) and says "Come on, man. Just one more. Just ONE MORE?!?! I promise I'll quit. I will. I just need one last trip, man. That's all. Just one more, man. Come on, man. Don't do this to me, man. Just one more little trip and I'm done. I swear it. Please. Please, man. You won't ever see me again. I'm going straight, man. Just one more time and I'm done. COME ON, MAN!!! GIVE ME THE STUFF, MAN!!!!" Then Favre gets slugged in the face and lays in a pool of sewage, rainwater, and blood. Crying. The end.

CloakNNNdagger
08-20-2010, 07:42 AM
Favre return has makings for disastrous sequel (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=An1ODj0ZbcdJhfwe_aK1yG1DubYF?slug=ms-favreencore081810)

This year will arguably be a tougher schedule for the Vikes. As an extension of last year's feeling, I can see tempers boiling over early on and things not turning out very well.............Childress and Favre eating each other alive deflecting blame from themselves and projecting blame onto the other.

gary
08-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Bringing back Brett might have caused an unneeded circis rather than help the team only time will tell.

Showtime100
08-20-2010, 12:31 PM
If the Vikings crash and burn and it is deemed mainly Favre's fault will anybody lose any sleep? Hands? Not me. :kingkong:

Texecutioner
08-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Favre return has makings for disastrous sequel (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=An1ODj0ZbcdJhfwe_aK1yG1DubYF?slug=ms-favreencore081810)

This year will arguably be a tougher schedule for the Vikes. As an extension of last year's feeling, I can see tempers boiling over early on and things not turning out very well.............Childress and Favre eating each other alive deflecting blame from themselves and projecting blame onto the other.

Sadly as a Favre fan I'm starting to predict this myself, but not just because of Brett and Childress. The Vikings have all sorts of stuff going on with that team right now. Harvin has hardly been practicing and is collapsing in camp, Rice is having hip problems and has contract issues to where he's only doing some drills according to other reports. This is an aging Oline that has gotten older and they had a few issues in the secondary in the later part of the year last year that weren't exactly addressed in the off season. I just don't see where the Vikings really got better in the off season to begin with and with all of these other issues going on, it looks like a recipe for a disappointing season.

WWJD
08-20-2010, 01:03 PM
I keep reading about what a good team the Vikes will have..hmmm. And then MSN was saying this am on the home page that the Pack was a SB favorite.

I dunno...the whole league has a handful of good teams that can make some noise. Doesn't seem to be that one "can't miss" team anymore. I guess that's why they play the games.

JB
08-20-2010, 01:09 PM
I keep reading about what a good team the Vikes will have..hmmm. And then MSN was saying this am on the home page that the Pack was a SB favorite.

I dunno...the whole league has a handful of good teams that can make some noise. Doesn't seem to be that one "can't miss" team anymore. I guess that's why they play the games.

Did you just go Herm Edwards on us?

Showtime100
08-20-2010, 01:10 PM

Agree. Last year I said the Texans and the Niners were going to "come out of nowhere" and surprise a lot of people. This year I say the the Texans and the Niners are going to "come out of nowhere" and surprise a lot of people. This year I mean it. *cough*

Ole Miss Texan
08-20-2010, 01:56 PM
I can't wait until this thread is titled:

Brett Favre Says He's Done/Psych! Not/Okay He Really Is Now/Nevermind Not Anymore/Retirement Papers Signed/Nope That Was Actually Contract Extension Papers

WWJD
08-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Did you just go Herm Edwards on us?

I don't know. Did I?

WWJD
08-20-2010, 05:29 PM
I can't wait until this thread is titled:

Brett Favre Says He's Done/Psych! Not/Okay He Really Is Now/Nevermind Not Anymore/Retirement Papers Signed/Nope That Was Actually Contract Extension Papers

I got a headache reading your post..that line is something else.

WWJD
08-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Agree. Last year I said the Texans and the Niners were going to "come out of nowhere" and surprise a lot of people. This year I say the the Texans and the Niners are going to "come out of nowhere" and surprise a lot of people. This year I mean it. *cough*

I hadn't heard the Niners..who is their starter at QB anyway? I really don't know but I know David is there. He just keeps turning up.

I refuse to watch preseason in any form so I'll reserve my opinion about the Texans until the Colts game. I'd like to see how they play against the Colts. But on paper they have an excellent chance to make alot of noise. Definitely.

Kulluminatii
08-20-2010, 05:44 PM
I hadn't heard the Niners..who is their starter at QB anyway? I really don't know but I know David is there. He just keeps turning up.

Its Alex Smith. He did great compared to his past seasons, but I don't think its enough to push the 49ers past the first round of the playoffs. This is his do-or-die year, if he doesn't show a significant amount of improvement I can see the 49ers drafting another QB.

Showtime100
08-20-2010, 05:50 PM

I refuse to watch preseason in any form so I'll reserve my opinion about the Texans until the Colts game. I'd like to see how they play against the Colts. But on paper they have an excellent chance to make alot of noise. Definitely.

I'm married to a Niner fan. After that post she uncocked the gun to my head. Actually if it weren't for their questionable QB situation I would let the statement stand, but as it is I'm not really sure what to think of them.

Texan_Bill
08-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Obligatory Smugfavre

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq263/b0ngerz/Title-Gendo81809.jpg

I'd like to see a :palmfacefavre:

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/brett-favre-crying.jpg

Kulluminatii
08-20-2010, 06:09 PM
I'd like to see a :palmfacefavre:

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/brett-favre-crying.jpg

well that looks more like a :eyepokefavre: or perhaps a :fakecryfavre: or even a :JUST*******INRETIREALREADYfavre: :kitten:.

Texan_Bill
08-20-2010, 06:11 PM
well that looks more like a :eyepokefavre: or perhaps a :fakecryfavre: or even a :JUST*******INRETIREALREADYfavre: :kitten:.

:spit: That's hilarious!

WWJD
08-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Its Alex Smith. He did great compared to his past seasons, but I don't think its enough to push the 49ers past the first round of the playoffs. This is his do-or-die year, if he doesn't show a significant amount of improvement I can see the 49ers drafting another QB.

Yea right..thanks.

WWJD
08-20-2010, 06:18 PM
That story sure died fast about Brett sending a nasty text to some hot babe didn't it?

Or is that common with men? :)

WWJD
08-20-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm married to a Niner fan. After that post she uncocked the gun to my head. Actually if it weren't for their questionable QB situation I would let the statement stand, but as it is I'm not really sure what to think of them.

I wondered where the sudden cough attack came from..now I know!

Kulluminatii
08-20-2010, 06:27 PM
That story sure died fast about Brett sending a nasty text to some hot babe didn't it?

Or is that common with men? :)

I'm still curious about whether there was any truth to that or not. I don't know why, but I have a gut feeling it was true. I could totally see Brett sending pictures of his thingwhichmustnotbenamed to girls young enough to be his daughter :mcnugget:.

WWJD
08-20-2010, 06:39 PM
I'm still curious about whether there was any truth to that or not. I don't know why, but I have a gut feeling it was true. I could totally see Brett sending pictures of his thingwhichmustnotbenamed to girls young enough to be his daughter :mcnugget:.

I only knew of the story because I read it on here..somebody posted the girl picture.

The story just disappeared. Poof! Gone!

Shocked me..he's a big time sports star, he's married and the public feeds off stories like that.

Honoring Earl 34
08-23-2010, 10:37 AM
Hmmm.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/217150-rosenfels-behind-reported-favre-childress-tension?eref=sihp

Is Sage Rosenfels the source of a recent suggestion that Brett Favre isn't a fan of his head coach? It's hardly a stretch. He arrived via trade in 2009, with the belief he'd be competing only with Tarvaris Jackson for a shot at finally becoming an NFL starter. And it was vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman, not Childress, who championed the move to get Rosenfels. Then, Favre became available and he eventually unretired, again. Rosenfels ended up being the odd man out in 2009, making not a single game appearance for the first time since his rookie year in 2001.

gary
08-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Hmmm.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/217150-rosenfels-behind-reported-favre-childress-tension?eref=sihp
That is interesting.

Lucky
08-24-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm hoping that the Vikings cut Sage, and he re-signs with the Texans.

Rosenfels >>>> Orlovsky

gary
08-25-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm hoping that the Vikings cut Sage, and he re-signs with the Texans.

Rosenfels >>>> Orlovsky
Seconded.