PDA

View Full Version : Bernard Pollard does not care

b0ng
08-02-2010, 05:31 PM
http://blogs.chron.com/sportsupdate/archives/2010/08/texans_camp_ins_3.html

Wearing his pads gave veteran safety Bernard Pollard more authority on the field, and it showed when a fight involving him broke out during Monday's morning session.

While extensively trying to strip the ball from rookie running back Ben Tate, center Chris Myers came to Tate's rescue by pushing Pollard off of him. Pollard pushed Myers back, and right tackle Eric Winston came to Myers' defense and pushed Pollard.

Pollard pushed Winston back, and Winston swung at Pollard. Then, defensive tackle Amobi Okoye came to help Pollard by taking Winston to the ground and a dozen other players jumped into a big dog pile. An air horn was blown, and it was quickly broken up. - Jordan Godwin

He is coming for you next.

hot pickle
08-02-2010, 05:33 PM
gotta love training camp!!!! goood team bonding if you ask me lol

Showtime100
08-02-2010, 05:35 PM
I don't understand the thread title. He gets into a scrap and that means he doesn't care? :thinking:

Maybe an "lol" at the end would have done it, JMO.

Brisco_County
They left out the part where he made Chris White pee down his leg.

brakos82
:evil:

Cjeremy635
08-02-2010, 05:36 PM
BP stands for Bi Polar. I love that guy! He is an intense dude that brings a lot of personality and fire to a team that really needs it. I'm glad we have him.

Cjeremy635
08-02-2010, 05:37 PM
I don't understand the thread title. He gets into a scrap and that means he doesn't care? :thinking:

Maybe an "lol" at the end would have done it, JMO.

He doesn't care what you think....he'll knock the piss out of you!

Double Barrel
08-02-2010, 05:38 PM
I hope we see this level of intensity from these guys when the season starts. I have no doubt that Pollard will bring it, though.

Showtime100
08-02-2010, 05:41 PM
He doesn't care what you think....he'll knock the piss out of you!

Yeah... The thread title made me jump because I know he takes his football pretty seriously then I read the link and thought it could have been worded slightly different.

All good Bong, this isn't a complaint! :gamer:

Cjeremy635
08-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Yeah... The thread title made me jump because I know he takes his football pretty seriously then I read the link and thought it could have been worded slightly different.

All good Bong, this isn't a complaint! :gamer:

Yeah, I kind of did a double take as well until I read the article and figured out what he meant. That dude CARES! :texflag:

RipTraxx
08-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Just another day at TC.........

False Start
08-02-2010, 06:04 PM
BP stands for Bi Polar.

I heard that too. It made me smile. :D

Hagar
08-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Then, defensive tackle Amobi Okoye came to help Pollard by taking Winston to the groundGood to see a little fight in the kid!

Nothing like a good ol' friendly fight.

Big Lou
08-02-2010, 06:28 PM
If you think he's tough on his team mates, just be glad he's in camp, because I heard that "BP" single handedly destroyed the Gulf of Mexico's Ecosysem.

"He knocked th piss out the Gulf!!!!"

False Start
08-02-2010, 06:30 PM
"He knocked th piss out the Gulf!!!!"

Chuck Norris thinks BP is a tough dude.

PockyAF
08-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Pollard pushes Myers, Myers pushes back. Pollard starts winding up his right fist...

*Fans reaction* - Yes,Yes,YES

Winston jumps in, pushes Pollard. Pollard re-winding the right fist..

*Fans reaction* No, No, NOOOOOO!

brakos82
08-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Pollard pushes Myers, Myers pushes back. Pollard starts winding up his right fist...

*Fans reaction* - Yes,Yes,YES

Winston jumps in, pushes Pollard. Pollard re-winding the right fist..

*Fans reaction* No, No, NOOOOOO!

:lol:

Good one.

PapaL
08-02-2010, 06:44 PM
About time Okoye hits someone!

thunderkyss
08-02-2010, 06:49 PM
I think we are seeing the Offense taking care of offense, and the defense taking care of defense.

This is a good step for our team.

JB
08-02-2010, 06:57 PM
I think we are seeing the Offense taking care of offense, and the defense taking care of defense.

This is a good step for our team.

This is a huge step for our team. Remember the cheap shots Schaub took the first couple of years and the team just stood around as spectators?

The second Allen hit Winston went after him, but other than that? Nada!

b0ng
08-02-2010, 07:07 PM
In my defense, I wanted to write "Bernard Pollard gives no effs who you are" but the f word. So I shortened it to create an ulterior mystery in the readers minds.

JB
08-02-2010, 07:13 PM
In my defense, I wanted to write "Bernard Pollard gives no effs who you are" but the f word. So I shortened it to create an ulterior mystery in the readers minds.

And a damn fine job you did there!

Texan_Bill
08-02-2010, 07:20 PM

I was kinda thinking, :thinking: "about time Amobi found that spot where his nut sack is supposed to be."

Yankee_In_TX
08-02-2010, 07:28 PM
They left out the part where he made Chris White pee down his leg.

Eh?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Yankee_In_TX/0002.jpg

JB
08-02-2010, 07:32 PM
I had just about forgotten that Yankee! Thanks!

That is a priceless memento.

painekiller
08-02-2010, 08:13 PM

The reporter has it wrong, it wasn't Okoye, it was A. Smith, I saw a blur with the #4 on his sleeve. At first I thought it was Diles, but aj ( our friendly blogger, not the player) corrected me.

TimeKiller
08-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Sounds like Tate should've been doing the original pushing.

Corrosion
08-03-2010, 03:54 AM
Sounds like Tate should've been doing the original pushing.

From what I gather , Tate was too busy holding onto the rock .... :chickendance:

TimeKiller
08-03-2010, 07:53 AM
From what I gather , Tate was too busy holding onto the rock .... :chickendance:

Glad he can hang on to the ball, especially with BP harrassing him. Believe me, I don't think that's anything but a positive.

But if BP is hanging on him, then he didn't make 'em miss and if BP isn't just trying to get a tackle but a strip as well, then he isn't afraid of Tate's power running i.e. didn't make 'em pay. Make 'em miss or make 'em pay Tate!

Joe Texan
08-03-2010, 08:13 AM
dante WHo

Get Mean Team Get Mean

Joe Texan
08-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Ryan thats not fair, Former Chearleader, Holding Autograph.

Joe Texan
08-03-2010, 08:15 AM
and hey look I was post number 31 Awesome

Pollardized
08-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Well, about time I chimed in ------POLLARDIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brakos82
08-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Well, about time I chimed in ------POLLARDIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:fans:

Heath Shuler
08-03-2010, 10:34 PM
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz26/heathshluler/salttrainingcamp10022.jpg

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz26/heathshluler/salttrainingcamp10023.jpg

Rey
08-03-2010, 10:37 PM
The Texans saw something special in Pollard before he ever got into a game. When he was inactive for a contest against Jacksonville, he stood on the sidelines and called out the opposing offensive plays before the ball was snapped.

And then when he did play the following week, he stepped in at strong safety, a position where the Texans never had been — we'll be delicate here — great, and had a spectacular season. In 13 games, he tied Brian Cushing for the team lead with four interceptions and finished third with 102 tackles. He also had 1 sacks and recovered three fumbles.

Yet what he really brought the Texans can't be measured by numbers. He brought an attitude.

"Anger," defensive coordinator Frank Bush said, smiling.

Really, Frank?

"He brings an intense attitude. He's a kid who really takes pride in his performance, whether it's in the weight-room or classroom or on the field. He understands there's a need to be aggressive at his position, and he tries to instill it in the players around him."

Added Texans defensive backs coach David Gibbs: "He obviously loves contact. He loves controversy. He loves drama, good or bad, and it's not always good. To his credit, he's learning how to control it. "

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7136505.html

GP
08-03-2010, 10:49 PM
I am officially adding a Battle Red "Pollard" jersey to the Battle Red AJ jersey I have.

Cushing has to have a phenomenal 2010 season for me to purchase a Battle Red Cushing jersey.

Pollard is that defensive backfield guy that we thought Dunta was. He has the internal drive and focus that we all want people like Mario and Amobi to have. He expresses it, embraces it, and actively promotes it.

No player should ever be drafted from this point forward who doesn't actively embody the sort of legal violence that Bernard Pollard glorifies and honors on a regular basis.

This guy might just be an x-factor player that goes onto legendary status if he keeps it up.

Mari-OWNED!
08-04-2010, 05:19 AM
http://www.houstontexans.com/uploads/photo/thumbs/12923.jpg

I love how Glover Quin has a front row seat (almost too close) to the fight, and then you see how far away he is from it as an onlooker in the previous picture posted! :D

Way to stick up for your fellow defenders GQ! God I can't wait for football season to start!

TimeKiller
08-04-2010, 07:43 AM

I wouldn't be standing in any lines to take a fisticuff from either of these guys!!! Winston's big ass mitts OR Pollard's fists-of-anger.

El Tejano
08-04-2010, 07:47 AM
Okay, I'm going to play devil's advocate because I remember a certain Antwan Peek who used to get in these scuffles and everyone got mad at him saying that we can't have these kind of mental lapses in a game. How come it's cool all of a sudden?

Disclaimer: I really like Pollard doing this.

BTW: Noone is giving credit to Winston too. If you include what he did in Tennessee last year, I'm liking the fire coming from Winston.

thunderkyss
08-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Pollard is that defensive backfield guy that we thought Dunta was. He has the internal drive and focus that we all want people like Mario and Amobi to have. He expresses it, embraces it, and actively promotes it.

What I liked hearing (reading) most was this:
When he was inactive for a contest against Jacksonville, he stood on the sidelines and called out the opposing offensive plays before the ball was snapped.

I think our biggest problem on defense has been play recognition, and making the right adjustments before the snap. So far, many have been accrediting Pollard's addition to this team as a major factor in the improvement we've seen on defense. IMO, better play from the SS position doesn't explain what we saw. If this quote is true, and he is able to communicate what he is seeing on the field, I think that would more than explain the vast improvement we saw.

HOU-TEX
08-04-2010, 09:39 AM

I love how Glover Quin has a front row seat (almost too close) to the fight, and then you see how far away he is from it as an onlooker in the previous picture posted! :D

Way to stick up for your fellow defenders GQ! God I can't wait for football season to start!

Actually, Winston gave GQ a shove right before going after Pollard because he was going to get in Eric's grill too. Props to Eric for having Myers and Tate's back. Notice Myers is nowhere to be found when Winston's on the ground with most of the defense on top of him.

False Start
08-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Actually, Winston gave GQ a shove right before going after Pollard because he was going to get in Eric's grill too. Props to Eric for having Myers and Tate's back. Notice Myers is nowhere to be found when Winston's on the ground with most of the defense on top of him.

I think he may have had a Kris Jenkins flashback. :hide:

HJam72
08-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Okay, I'm going to play devil's advocate because I remember a certain Antwan Peek who used to get in these scuffles and everyone got mad at him saying that we can't have these kind of mental lapses in a game. How come it's cool all of a sudden?

Disclaimer: I really like Pollard doing this.

BTW: Noone is giving credit to Winston too. If you include what he did in Tennessee last year, I'm liking the fire coming from Winston.

Because Peek got too many foul calls and we finally had a winning record last year. Pollard and Winston are successful players on a winning team. The rest of those guys also haven't done anything wrong enough to warrant bad fan rep yet.

HJam72
08-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Oh, and I'm gonna laugh when our 40+ year-old punter gets mad and kicks all their butts. :)

HOU-TEX
08-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Oh, and I'm gonna laugh when our 40+ year-old punter gets mad and kicks all their butts. :)

He'd probably miss (see weak attempt at kicking ball out of the endzone vs Chargers)

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05OygPB5MG5X9/610x.jpg

b0ng
08-04-2010, 11:02 AM
All of the pics that I've seen so far has Chris Meyers like 5-10 yards away from any scuffle, and Winston throwing down with our man BP. Funny that we've started calling him BP, he's been like a natural disaster over the New England fan base.

HJam72
08-04-2010, 11:05 AM
I like the Bi-Polar name. Might even be true. :wild:

HOUFan
08-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Can we start an office/forum pool for how many fights there will be between the Texans & Saints when they start practicing? I'm guessing 10

badboy
08-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Rah, rah until one of our guys gets a muscle tear or worse. Most remember my tirade last season about backing each other up on the field. IMO when one of us gets attacked, all of us comes off the bench! However, most of this should take place against opponent. Like Matthews said today's paper "Yeah, I used to get in fights a lot & then I realized they were ridiculous. One time I almost lost the tip of a finger when I threw a punch and got caught in a face mask. I realized how unnecessary that was." link
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7138119.html

bottom of page

barrett
08-04-2010, 12:20 PM
I didn't realize that Torri Williams (http://www.texansbullblog.com/roster-2010/) played under Bernard. That's probably not a coincidence. I'd keep an eye on this kid if he can stay healthy. It'll be a good mentor relationship to watch.

spurstexanstros
08-04-2010, 04:41 PM

Ok guys...save it for the Titans

pbat488
08-04-2010, 04:47 PM
check my sig and quote from chron (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7138124.html) today...

eriadoc
08-04-2010, 11:56 PM
This is as good a spot to put this as any, I suppose.

LINK (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7138119.html)

Eric the Enforcer is 6-7, 317 pounds and prepared to make sure nobody steps over the imaginary line he has drawn that separates friends from enemies.

"You don't worry about whether they like you or not," Texans offensive tackle Eric Winston said. "Your job is to protect your teammates.

"I'm never going to be a guy that's going to start a fight, but if something presents itself, I'm never going to back down, either."

The subject of fighting came up Monday when strong safety Bernard Pollard and Winston got into it after a running play.

Center Chris Myers thought Pollard tried too hard to rip the ball from rookie running back Ben Tate. Myers went after Pollard. Then defensive tackle Amobi Okoye came to Pollard's aid. Winston ended it when he started going at it with Pollard.

"If he (Pollard) steps over the line, it's up to us to put him back over there, and that's what competition's all about," Winston said. " Look, you're practicing, and it's hot out here. It gets competitive, and sometimes you go at it. It would be a problem if it filtered into the dressing room and there was some hatred involved, but when we step off the field, we're friends again."

Coach Gary Kubiak doesn't condone fighting, but he also doesn't want his players to back down as long as they avoid hurting the team by being penalized or ejected.

"Coach (Kubiak) told us don't fight," Winston said. "Don't hurt the team. Don't cost your team penalties. That's where it is from a coaches standpoint just don't hurt the team."

"Maybe if this was a game situation it might have played out a little bit different, and you'd try to keep your head on. But it's a long camp, and we (offense) can't let them (defense) push us around.

"We've got to be the guys taking it to them. When I think they're stepping over the edge, we're going to do it."

Last season, the Texans were playing a close game at Tennessee. There were cheap shots, penalties and fights. Winston became so angry at defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch that he took off his helmet and challenged Vanden Bosch to a fight.

Winston had enough of what he thought were cheap shots by Vanden Bosch and company, who were going after tight end Joel Dreessen's knees to settle a grudge.

Winston inspired his teammates, and they escaped with a three-point victory.

Eric Winston has become one of my favorite Texans. He's a smart guy, great interview, and doesn't take any crap. Go EW!

PockyAF
08-05-2010, 12:27 PM
I was checking Eugene Wilson stats on NFL.com and came across his interception video against the 9ers last year..

http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0021992

Check out what Pollard does at the end of the play, when the play was already dead. Hah, awesomee.

Pollardized
08-05-2010, 05:32 PM
That's it, I'm going to knock the PISS out of somebody!!!

JB
08-05-2010, 05:37 PM
That's it, I'm going to knock the PISS out of somebody!!!

And run through a brick wall to do so!

Mike Kerns
08-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Picture I took last night (modified by False Start) of Pollard yelling at Brice McCain. I thought it deserved a home in this thread:

http://a.imageshack.us/img59/1530/pollardmccainpee.jpg

JWarren14
08-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Remember the St.Louis game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwnRR0JgjyU

Im glad somebody is overaggressive in trying to strip the ball, had we not fumbled in a game or 2 last year we would have been in the playoffs.

Pollard is da man.

Pollardized
08-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Even though he wasn't a Texan yet, this is my all time favorite BP hit (SO FAR): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJKdpsZi_10

Wolf
08-08-2010, 09:36 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs484.ash1/26476_1285795305189_1239346820_30739082_2313559_n. jpg

I really need to get a t-shirt for this

(thanks to false start for this)

Wolf
08-08-2010, 09:43 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs484.ash1/26476_1285795305189_1239346820_30739082_2313559_n. jpg

I really need to get a t-shirt for this

(thanks to false start for this)

esp before the first game!

darnbni99a
08-09-2010, 02:03 AM
wish i saw this live lol

Ryan
08-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Every day i wake, i thank the good lord that those people over in Missouri let him get away.

False Start
08-23-2010, 07:25 PM
There will now be a Bernard Pollard hour on 610 when the season kicks off. Even though dumb, and dumber will be hosting, I will tune in for The Pollard Hour. :cool:

brakos82
08-23-2010, 07:30 PM
There will now be a Bernard Pollard hour on 610 when the season kicks off. Even though dumb, and dumber will be hosting, I will tune in for The Pollard Hour. :cool:

Well if they misbehave he can simply knock the piss out of them.

JB
08-23-2010, 07:47 PM

Do you know what day & time?

Malloy
08-24-2010, 01:56 AM

I'm pleasently surprised by this, I did not expect this franshise to put Pollard TOO MUCH in the media, it seems as if he tells it how he sees it, something that might not always be what the team wants 'out there'.

Cool, looking forward to the first installment of 'The Piss-Hour'! :)

DexmanC
08-24-2010, 08:29 AM
Do you know what day & time?

Every Monday from 6pm to 7pm, and he's promised to bring a teammate
every week.

JB
08-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Every Monday from 6pm to 7pm, and he's promised to bring a teammate
every week.

Thanks!

ChampionTexan
08-24-2010, 09:25 AM

Dude - we're talking 610 here, you're gonna need to be a little more specific that this.

DexmanC
08-25-2010, 03:33 PM
This still cracks me up! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HDhEjBnk3M)

False Start
08-25-2010, 04:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CZdXZLyR9E

Pollardized
08-25-2010, 06:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYgl5NnpdAs&feature=related

b0ng
08-25-2010, 07:52 PM
http://sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Bernard_Pollard

DexmanC
08-25-2010, 07:58 PM
http://sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Bernard_Pollard

This juxtaposition of those photos, and the final caption, Priceless.
lol

Thass how we do it in Foht Wayne!