PDA

View Full Version : Memo to owners and NFLPA:

JB
08-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Just get the CBA done already

Great read from aj...Link (http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-778-Houston-Texans-Examiner~y2010m8d1-Memo-to-owners-and-NFLPA-Just-get-the-CBA-done-already?cid=sharing_twitter:778)

Yes this relates to the Houston Texans. It relates to all of us.

GNTLEWOLF
08-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Well said, AJ well said.:bravo:

OzzO
08-01-2010, 09:08 PM
...And that's all I have to say about that.

Not sure if I should be hearing Stone Cold Steve Austin in my head or Forrest Gump - but either way, agree with the article. Get the chit done, cause if goes into another lockout... wooo. (and I ain't talking the Nature Boy there, either)

badboy
08-02-2010, 02:27 PM
As I am back to work today and to the computer I went to AJ's site & read this. I almost posted without checking and found this thread. I think this should not be that difficult to negotiate as all would agree that rookies need cap. Having said that, the rub comes when players say "what do we get in return from agreeing to this huge cash return to owners' pockets?" Would owners agree to up the players cut? 45% currently, I think. I don't think so as they want to reduce drastically what player now get. Would owners agree to forget the 18 game season they are pushing for? Don't think so. Would the owners take some of the cash back from rookie salaries to improve pension fund or benefits for retirees from years ago? Maybe. This remains a "give me" situation and I am thinking a resolution is no where in sight.

kastofsna
08-02-2010, 02:47 PM
i don't agree the rookies need a salary cap.

Thorn
08-06-2010, 11:20 AM
i don't agree the rookies need a salary cap.

I think they do need a salary cap on rookies. The money they are getting for having never played a down is insane. Give that money to vetrans that have proven themselves instead would be my opinion.