PDA

View Full Version : Austin Watch Party!

rockabilly
08-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Hey guys, it's been a while since I have regularly posted on here. I would like to propose however that we at least have one game get-together like the old times. I know everyone is spread out all over town, but I think we can at least find one place for one party.

Hardcore Texan
08-01-2010, 01:00 PM
RR Pluckers FTW!

hookinreds
08-01-2010, 01:42 PM
rr pluckers ftw!

ding! Ding! Ding!

Mailman
08-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Pluckers is terrible.

ATXtexanfan
08-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Pluckers is terrible.

? food or for a watch party?

BigWig
08-02-2010, 08:54 AM
I would make an appearance especially to hook up with the old crew.
However as you stated about being spread out , we already have that North bias going, they were first to jump on it.
Ok, Pluckers but why not the one on 183 and Burnet, or the one on S Lamar?
The GM of the one on 183 is a TEXANS fan and will always have the game on.

HTown2ATX
08-02-2010, 11:38 AM
I moved to the North side now near Braker, so I guess RR wouldn't be that far....but....I hate rollin into WilCo or out of it if I'd had even one beer.

I'm hoping we can do something in Travis, but I'd love to meet up, so whatever. Will keep an eye out for where and when for sure. Haven't seen yall in a season or so I think.

:fans:

Kaiser Toro
08-02-2010, 12:07 PM
I'll be up for some of the away games, and can do South or North.

Hardcore Texan
08-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Pluckers is terrible.

Really? What specifically? I am a regular there and always have a great experience.

I would make an appearance especially to hook up with the old crew.
However as you stated about being spread out , we already have that North bias going, they were first to jump on it.
Ok, Pluckers but why not the one on 183 and Burnet, or the one on S Lamar?
The GM of the one on 183 is a TEXANS fan and will always have the game on.

Well of course the people up north want to meet up north and same goes for the people down south, it's not just us. I went down to 3rd Base back in the day. So I am not opposed to making a drive. The Pluckers is RR is bigger though than the 183 location.

BigWig
08-02-2010, 04:33 PM
I am also not a big fan of Wilco, its just too risky sometimes.
So for now I will continue to monitor this thread and see what y'all come up with.
Maybe I juts won't have a drink that would solve that! NOT!

Showtime100
08-02-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm easy. I live on the north side but I can swing whatever the masses prefer. I haven't been yet and am looking forward to it. :hurrah:

Hardcore Texan
08-02-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm easy. I live on the north side but I can swing whatever the masses prefer. I haven't been yet and am looking forward to it. :hurrah:

I got to meet you in person my brother, we have missed each other a couple times.

Khari
08-02-2010, 09:56 PM
the dreaded wilco......oh wait i live in wilco :thinking:

stevn8r
08-02-2010, 11:33 PM
We do need to come up with a central local:thinking:...I live in Bee Cave and, well, that is a far piece away:cowboy1:
anyone know anything about cover3?
been there for lunch, don't know about setting it up for Texans Fans! and yes I know that is still up north!
How about Mulligans on 620?

dalemurphy
08-03-2010, 12:59 AM
We do need to come up with a central local:thinking:...I live in Bee Cave and, well, that is a far piece away:cowboy1:
been there for lunch, don't know about setting it up for Texans Fans! and yes I know that is still up north!

Ohhh, Cover3 is a good idea! and it's on Anderson lane and Burnet rd. So, that's centalized for everyone. I'd be up for a get-together versus Washington in week 2.... going to the game versus Indy.

Brisco_County
08-03-2010, 04:21 AM

Ohhh, Cover3 is a good idea! and it's on Anderson lane and Burnet rd. So, that's centalized for everyone. I'd be up for a get-together versus Washington in week 2.... going to the game versus Indy.

I advise against Cover 3. They're "upscale" and expensive and don't even know if they want to be a sport bar.

Centrally located bars I'm familiar with:

The Pluckers near campus is already a Texans hangout. The problem is indoor space and parking. I'm going to give them a try.

My good friend is the manager of the Varsity Bar located inside Austin's Pizza on the drag, and he would love to have a Texans watch party there. It's very spacious, but again, parking is the problem. They're also waiting on new TV's.

Posse East next to campus now has Texans neons up and the owner told me he'd like to have a watch party, but Cowboys fans go there too, and they would have dibs on the big TV if the two teams played at the same time. This option would be ideal otherwise.

Cain & Abel's is hostile to watch parties that aren't UT.

Little Woodrow's central doesn't have great seating like the north location. You'd end up sitting outside during the winter.

Champions is awesome and the drinks are reasonable for a downtown joint, but it's full of fans for every team. The place wouldn't be our own. Still a great sportsbar.

I haven't tried Joe's on NFL Sunday. Might be worth checking out. It's near Molotov's.

There's also the Tavern, Third Base, Little Woodrow's on the drag, Joe's near Molotov's...

I live up north, but the only way this is going to work is to make it central. The last time I tried organizing this at a north location, south folk didn't bother, while northies went to Round Rock.

My highest recommendation is Posse East though.

BigWig
08-03-2010, 08:47 AM
I advise against Cover 3. They're "upscale" and expensive and don't even know if they want to be a sport bar.

The Pluckers near campus is already a Texans hangout. The problem is indoor space and parking. I'm going to give them a try.

My good friend is the manager of the Varsity Bar located inside Austin's Pizza on the drag, and he would love to have a Texans watch party there. It's very spacious, but again, parking is the problem. They're also waiting on new TV's.

Posse East next to campus now has Texans neons up and the owner told me he'd like to have a watch party, but Cowboys fans go there too, and they would have dibs on the big TV if the two teams played at the same time. This option would be ideal otherwise.

Little Woodrow's central doesn't have great seating like the north location. You'd end up sitting outside during the winter.

Champions is awesome and the drinks are reasonable for a downtown joint, but it's full of fans for every team. The place wouldn't be our own. Still a great sportsbar.

I haven't tried Joe's on NFL Sunday. Might be worth checking out. It's near Molotov's.

There's also the Tavern, Third Base, Little Woodrow's on the drag, Joe's near Molotov's...

I live up north, but the only way this is going to work is to make it central. The last time I tried organizing this at a north location, south folk didn't bother, while northies went to Round Rock.

Cover 3 is way too upscale for a football type gathering. Just take a look at the menu and the prices and you will see what I mean.
I am glad you have given lots of suggestions but it seems like most lof them are Campus locations and are frat bar hangouts.
And so the saga continues...........

Brisco_County
08-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Cover 3 is way too upscale for a football type gathering. Just take a look at the menu and the prices and you will see what I mean.
I am glad you have given lots of suggestions but it seems like most lof them are Campus locations and are frat bar hangouts.
And so the saga continues...........

Trying to keep it central. Posse isn't a frat hangout though-- more like students and UT alumni.

Anything around my area (Anderson Ln) isn't going to be considered central by people who live south.

dc_txtech
08-03-2010, 10:42 AM
RR Pluckers FTW!

:barman:

Mailman
08-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Really? What specifically? I am a regular there and always have a great experience.

In fairness I've only been to the S. Lamar location, but every time I've been the food is very meh and the atmosphere very lacking. If I were at that location I'd rather go across the street to Red's Porch.

Third Base downtown is always solid. Or Cover 3...or the Posse East...

Mailman
08-03-2010, 01:11 PM

Get out of my head! I posted before I read this and agree. Posse East is very close to my house and I've always enjoyed going there, even though in the past I've been the only person there rooting for the Texans. There are a lot of VYknobslobbers and Titans fans there, but I suspect the Texans fraternity has grown substantially since I last watched a game at the Posse.

Mailman
08-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Anyone ever been to Billy's on Burnet? It could be a possibility, though another fanbase might've already infected it.

Brisco_County
08-04-2010, 03:17 AM
Anyone ever been to Billy's on Burnet? It could be a possibility, though another fanbase might've already infected it.

Ha, Billy's is out of the question. It's a great bar and I've known the owner for years, but it's the rowdiest Packer bar in Texas. It's actually a perfect example of what a watch party bar should be, which is why I get frustrated that we don't have something like that for our team, which is located a lot closer than Green Bay.

I'll have to talk to the owner at Posse before we flashmob it. We'll get dibs on the big TV if enough people start showing up. We could be competing with Cowboys and Titans fans, but we can overrun that bar if we get everyone to commit. It really is the best centrally located sports bar for a watch party. Plentiful indoor/outdoor seating, parking, many different beers on tap, and good prices.

Kaiser Toro
08-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Ha, Billy's is out of the question. It's a great bar and I've known the owner for years, but it's the rowdiest Packer bar in Texas. It's actually a perfect example of what a watch party bar should be, which is why I get frustrated that we don't have something like that for our team, which is located a lot closer than Green Bay.

I'll have to talk to the owner at Posse before we flashmob it. We'll get dibs on the big TV if enough people start showing up. We could be competing with Cowboys and Titans fans, but we can overrun that bar if we get everyone to commit. It really is the best centrally located sports bar for a watch party. Plentiful indoor/outdoor seating, parking, many different beers on tap, and good prices.

Nice place, but 100% Packer Central on Sunday. Billy is an Aggie, for those interested.

Texan_Bill
08-04-2010, 09:34 AM
When y'all set it up for the Yellow Rose or Expose, I'll make the two hour trek, west... :shades:

barrett
08-04-2010, 01:05 PM

It's a packer bar. An awesome one I might add. Frito Pie is amazing (and painful).

Showtime100
08-04-2010, 01:12 PM
It's a packer bar. An awesome one I might add. Frito Pie is amazing (and painful).

I might check that out, but not on Sunday's. Mmmmm, painful Frito Pie.....:homer:

stevn8r
08-04-2010, 01:16 PM
what happened with 3rd base?

stevn8r
08-04-2010, 01:30 PM
And we are talking about next weekend, right?

Showtime100
08-04-2010, 01:35 PM

Oops. I'd have to go back and read the thread (can't now), but I thought this was for a regular season game to be named later. Don't take my word for it though.

HTown2ATX
08-04-2010, 02:38 PM

I also thought this was for a regular season game TBD as of now.

I hope not next weekend. Will probably be rolling into the H for a family birthday thing.

Hardcore Texan
08-04-2010, 02:52 PM

Oops. I'd have to go back and read the thread (can't now), but I thought this was for a regular season game to be named later. Don't take my word for it though.

This is how I took it as well.

Brisco_County
08-05-2010, 12:58 AM
what happened with 3rd base?

3rd Base stopped accommodating the Texans watch party.

This reminds me of how much of a difference it makes when the owner or manager is a fellow fan.

I've been told by bartender friends that waitstaffs hate watch parties because they're cheap and don't tip well. They just order soda, or only two beers, or they bring their kids. Those things don't matter when the manager just wants to watch the game with other fans. It's the reason why Billy's is so much fun for Packers games, or why Pluckers near campus has a successfully rowdy Texans crowd.

The only centrally located bars I know of that have owners/managers like this are Pluckers and Varsity Bar on the drag.

Mailman
08-06-2010, 02:39 PM
3rd Base stopped accommodating the Texans watch party.

Really? Is there a backstory here that I missed?

This reminds me of how much of a difference it makes when the owner or manager is a fellow fan.

No doubt. There is no better example of this than Shoal Creek. I've lived in Austin a lot longer than all these young whippersnappers, since back in the Oilers' Run-N-Shoot heyday when we Oiler fans had to battle Cowboys fans for viewership rights at local watering holes, and even back then Shoal Creek was a Saints fan's sanctuary. Bud has done well for himself by sticking with that formula and now that the Saints are defending champs it's damn near impossible to watch any game there on Sundays.

I've been told by bartender friends that waitstaffs hate watch parties because they're cheap and don't tip well. They just order soda, or only two beers, or they bring their kids.

This is absolutely true. If you intend on sitting at a bar or table for 3+ hours to watch a football game, it is your duty to consume food and beverages and tip well. That $2 Lone Star draft you ordered two hours ago does not give you squatter's rights over valuable real estate for an extended period of time, only for you to then tip your cocktail waitress a buck. To my fellow Texans fans, I say this--these businesses are there to make some money on game day and you'd do well for all of us if you remember this. Time is money. If you can't spend some coin watching the Texans kick ass this season with your ATX Texans brethren, stay home and watch.

The only centrally located bars I know of that have owners/managers like this are Pluckers and Varsity Bar on the drag.

I haven't been to either. Are both places Texans-centric?

Brisco_County
08-07-2010, 03:39 PM
I discovered the Pluckers campus location by accident when I was working next door on a Sunday. I was later told that the manager had solicited Texans fans and was trying to gather a loyal customer base. The reason I didn't start going is because Common Interest near my house has the NFL Sunday Ticket on 30 HD screens and wireless for my fantasy scores.

Varsity Bar is the upstairs bar of Austin's Pizza on the drag. The bar really needs some interior work and new TV's before it can compete.

I forgot to mention the Tavern, though I haven't watched a game there.

What I'll do is head to Pluckers for the first preseason game and inquire about the Texans watch parties. I really think that it and Posse are our best options for central locations.

stevn8r
08-07-2010, 06:10 PM
I may come and meet you there....I will bring my older kids and we will order food, I will drink and I will tip well....Unless I have some buds over to the house...will know more later on

Brisco_County
08-10-2010, 05:13 AM
I may come and meet you there....I will bring my older kids and we will order food, I will drink and I will tip well....Unless I have some buds over to the house...will know more later on

I hope you knew that I meant the first Texans preseason game.

Brisco_County
08-14-2010, 02:43 PM
I called both Posse and the Pluckers campus location. Pluckers said they will be showing the Texans game along with the Titans, and there will probably be a lot of Texans fans there. "A lot" is way more than what I've seen at any sports bar in this city. I think the most Texans fans I've ever seen is two.

Posse said they'll probably have the game, but they get a lot of Cowboys fans in there, so I'll be going to Pluckers.

NitroGSXR
08-14-2010, 02:50 PM
I got to meet you in person my brother, we have missed each other a couple times.

You will never meet Showtime! That guy is ELUSIVE!

I heart Showtime100!

Brisco_County
08-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Only two hours 'til I get to see my 2010 Texans! I'll be checking out Pluckers tonight. If anyone wants to find me there, I'm the guy in the Texans shirt. You can't miss me!

(But seriously, if you want to say whaddup, I'm the guy with the short, dark beard and the shirt with just the plain Texans logo.)

Brisco_County
08-15-2010, 01:50 AM
FYI, Pluckers turned the TV's to the Texans game and turned the volume on for us. I also heard a few people cheering the team.

rickyb
08-17-2010, 10:57 PM
When y'all set it up for the Yellow Rose or Expose, I'll make the two hour trek, west... :shades:

It's been years since I visited "the flower shop." That would be interesting. Says the man only half kidding.

Best,
Rick

C Madd
08-18-2010, 01:03 AM
I'd like to get together and watch some games with some fellow fans. They seem hard to come by in Austin. I used to watch at the Pluckers on S. Lamar and there was only 1 other Texan fan there regularly, so it wasn't the greatest atmosphere.

A central location would be awesome for me. I'm in South Austin so Round Rock Pluckers would be quite a drive.

stevn8r
08-19-2010, 02:40 PM
I have been reluctant to mention this place due to how closely I live to it but they are obviously Texan Friendly! The place is kinda small but I don't think we would overwhelm them. And I don't know if i could get there every away game and make sure we had seats and all...bu that being said, Zingers in the Bee Cave Galleria is hosting Toro and the Cheerleaders Friday night and having a watch party Saturday night with ticket give aways!
What do ya'll think?
I am waiting on a call back from the owner to see what the Sunday tv rules are...in case there is a cowboy game on opposite the Texans...will let you know

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc27/stevn8r/texans.jpg

Brisco_County
08-19-2010, 11:29 PM
I have been reluctant to mention this place due to how closely I live to it but they are obviously Texan Friendly! The place is kinda small but I don't think we would overwhelm them. And I don't know if i could get there every away game and make sure we had seats and all...bu that being said, Zingers in the Bee Cave Galleria is hosting Toro and the Cheerleaders Friday night and having a watch party Saturday night with ticket give aways!
What do ya'll think?
I am waiting on a call back from the owner to see what the Sunday tv rules are...in case there is a cowboy game on opposite the Texans...will let you know

While that place is probably pretty cool and I do love that area, it's way too far out there for me. Thanks for the info though. It's good to know they're at least trying to promote the team in Austin.

If anyone else here wants to try Pluckers on campus again, I'll show up. Otherwise, there are other bars that I want to check out too.

JB
08-19-2010, 11:40 PM
While that place is probably pretty cool and I do love that area, it's way too far out there for me. Thanks for the info though. It's good to know they're at least trying to promote the team in Austin.

If anyone else here wants to try Pluckers on campus again, I'll show up. Otherwise, there are other bars that I want to check out too.

Isn't Bee Cave like 20 mins from downtown?

Brisco_County
08-20-2010, 01:01 AM
Isn't Bee Cave like 20 mins from downtown?

This is a different part of Bee Caves-- Way out west in the hills near 71.

JB
08-20-2010, 01:04 AM
This is a different part of Bee Caves-- Way out west in the hills near 71.

How far is that from downtown?

Showtime100
08-20-2010, 01:16 AM
Here you go JB, hit google map up with that address...

12700 Hill Country Blvd
S-100
Austin, TX 78738

I'm up in Cedar Park and that a bit of a trip. Pretty good ride from downtown too.

JB
08-20-2010, 01:32 AM
Here you go JB, hit google map up with that address...

12700 Hill Country Blvd
S-100
Austin, TX 78738

I'm up in Cedar Park and that a bit of a trip. Pretty good ride from downtown too.

I just remember driving through Austin to Mason county. It did not take long to go from 290@ I-35 to get to Bee Cave. Not near as long as from Willis to Bubba's for a meet up.

stevn8r
08-20-2010, 10:47 AM
Here is the email flyer and the rest of the Austin schedule... Maybe y'all can catch them when they venture up north!
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc27/stevn8r/texans1.jpg

Hardcore Texan
08-20-2010, 10:52 AM
I am going to catch them at the HEB in RR. That's pretty close to the hizzy.

Brisco_County
08-20-2010, 11:03 PM
I'll be at the HEB on 41st street tomorrow. Need to buy some groceries anyway. I think I'll take a picture with one of the cheerleaders while holding up a couple of milk jugs.

JB
08-20-2010, 11:05 PM
I'll be at the HEB on 41st street tomorrow. Need to buy some groceries anyway. I think I'll take a picture with one of the cheerleaders while holding up a couple of milk jugs.

If Duyen happens to be there (I will be :pissed: becaues I will be in NO) stay away from her at all cost! :bat:

Brisco_County
08-20-2010, 11:08 PM
If Duyen happens to be there (I will be :pissed: becaues I will be in NO) stay away from her at all cost! :bat:

Have you met her in person?

JB
08-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Have you met her in person?

Not yet, but she is awaiting the day! :fans:

Texan_Bill
08-21-2010, 12:00 AM

Check the hot chicks at the door!!! We have Sandy (aka Gma) and we have KayRhonda along with her hot friends.....

We're good!!! We will be rockin New Orleans Saturday night!!!

JB
08-21-2010, 12:10 AM
Check the hot chicks at the door!!! We have Sandy (aka Gma) and we have KayRhonda along with her hot friends.....

We're good!!! We will be rockin New Orleans Saturday night!!!

:woot2:

hookinreds
08-21-2010, 12:24 AM
I am going to catch them at the HEB in RR. That's pretty close to the hizzy.

Holy crap, they're going to be in Round Rock tomorrow!

Hardcore Texan
08-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Holy crap, they're going to be in Round Rock tomorrow!

Which is now today. I am going to try and get over there with my kids today.

BigWig
08-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Here is the email flyer and the rest of the Austin schedule... Maybe y'all can catch them when they venture up north!
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc27/stevn8r/texans1.jpg

How come they did not market this better? I am just now reading this and missed it all, thats just wrong?
Where did you all hear about these events other that this thread?

Hardcore Texan
08-23-2010, 09:02 AM
How come they did not market this better? I am just now reading this and missed it all, thats just wrong?

I heard about it thru facebook.

Kaiser Toro
08-23-2010, 09:30 AM

I got an email on 8/17 from the Texans, here is our exchange on the matter:

Thanks so much for the feedback and we’ll definitely take that into consideration for our next visit to the Austin area. For this trip, we have been working with our partners and some of the confirmations on locations got delayed. Thanks again and we look forward to a great season. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Thanks again,

Daniel Velasco
Houston Texans

Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:08 AM
To: Velasco, Daniel
Subject: RE: Houston Texans in Austin - Aug. 20-21, 2010

Daniel,

Thank you for notice, and thinking about us fans in Austin. Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend as I will be out of town.

This event may have just come to fruition, but it would help to have more notice as I would opine that many Austin season ticket holders are professionals, and live out of their calendars. Consequently, we schedule weeks, if not months, in advance.

Looking forward to a great season!

Best,
CK

hookinreds
08-23-2010, 11:59 AM
I heard about it thru facebook.

Saw the picture of you and your girls...and THE GIRLS. Wish I could have made it out there.

Hardcore Texan
08-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Saw the picture of you and your girls...and THE GIRLS. Wish I could have made it out there.

My girls got a kick out of it, they really wanted to see Toro, but he was on a break.

Good seeing you at Pluckers on Saturday night.

Texanator
09-09-2010, 12:22 AM
Are there gonna be any watch parties this year in central or South Austin? We used to have some fun ones.

Showtime100
09-09-2010, 01:27 AM
I looked for another thread where we were discussing this and could not find it. As I know it to be right now we haven't come up with the exact game or place but we have been talking about it.

Hopefully one of the others will happen by with the link. Once we have the place and date I think there will be a great turnout. :fans:

EDIT: Found it. Click here (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73901&highlight=watch+party).

Texanator
09-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Hey Guys,
I just spoke with the owner of Rockin Tomato on South Lamar. He told me he'd LOVE to have us come there. They have a great buffet during the day and it's pretty cheap. We'll have the big screen dedicated to us. He said he'd also make beer specials for us etc. He also said that the 3:00 games, he'd make specials on food due to the buffet ending at 2:00. The only draw back is they don't have hard liquor. He did say he thinks that set ups will be O.K. though. And noted as long as it's under the radar , blah blah blah.
Does this sound good to anyone else? They also do hand made burgers, hoagies, spaghetti, pasta, soups, etc. with a great salad bar as well.
I know it's a little south, but we'll be the masters of our own domain.
GO TEXANS!

Texanator
09-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Hey Guys,
I just spoke with the owner of Rockin Tomato on South Lamar. He told me he'd LOVE to have us come there. They have a great buffet during the day and it's pretty cheap. We'll have the big screen dedicated to us. He said he'd also make beer specials for us etc. He also said that the 3:00 games, he'd make specials on food due to the buffet ending at 2:00. The only draw back is they don't have hard liquor, but he thinks that set ups are O.K. He's checking on that now. He did say, as long as it's under the radar, blah blah blah.
Does this sound good to anyone else? They also do hand made burgers, hoagies, spaghetti, pasta, soups, etc. with a great salad bar as well.
GO TEXANS!

Texanator
09-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Thanks Showtime!

hookinreds
09-09-2010, 12:46 PM
My girls got a kick out of it, they really wanted to see Toro, but he was on a break.

Good seeing you at Pluckers on Saturday night.

U going to the opener or are you in town this week?

Hardcore Texan
09-09-2010, 01:18 PM
U going to the opener or are you in town this week?

I'll be here. I am going to watch it at home with wifey, as far as I know.

You going up there?

hookinreds
09-09-2010, 01:33 PM
I'll be here. I am going to watch it at home with wifey, as far as I know.

You going up there?

Yup...loud and proud!

Hardcore Texan
09-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Yup...loud and proud!

Sweet, if something changes for me I'll let you know.

HTown2ATX
09-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Hey Guys,
I just spoke with the owner of Rockin Tomato on South Lamar. He told me he'd LOVE to have us come there. They have a great buffet during the day and it's pretty cheap. We'll have the big screen dedicated to us. He said he'd also make beer specials for us etc. He also said that the 3:00 games, he'd make specials on food due to the buffet ending at 2:00. The only draw back is they don't have hard liquor. He did say he thinks that set ups will be O.K. though. And noted as long as it's under the radar , blah blah blah.
GO TEXANS!

Place sounds friggin awesome man, but my money is a little tight right now plus as it is the 1st game of the season, I plan on just grilling in my backyard and getting hammered (it's a yearly first football game tradition now that the I'm single again provided I don't have my daughter opening day), so not planning on driving. But do update or PM me if a bunch of people show up and this pans out cause I'd be down for sure. I live north near Braker, but I'd rather drive South than North into WilCo for sure.

:texflag::texflag::texflag:

Texanator
09-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Any topping pizzas you want, salad bar, etc.etc.etc. and drink for under $8.00 during the week, and he promises special deals for us that will probably be at least as good if not better.

Livid13
09-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Hello guys/gals, it's been a long time. Hope you are doing well....

Texanator
09-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Wow, such enthusiasm. It's opening day for goodness sakes. Oh well, maybe after a few wins some of you will be fired up again like we all used to be.

rollinstone18
09-12-2010, 11:55 AM
i may have to join y'all sometime. the couch is just too comfy right now, though.

Mean Machine
09-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Pluckers Round Rock for the skins game.
Turn that place into Reliant Stadium West!

HTown2ATX
09-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Pluckers Round Rock for the skins game.
Turn that place into Reliant Stadium West!

Gonna be stuck at a bday party during the game :choke:

But in general..... RR = WilCo = much greater chance of DUI and all around COP douchery (and I have nothing against cops and am thankful for their service, but WilCo is another story) = FAIL (IMO)

Believe me, I don't drink and drive which is why friends always come to my house to BBQ and drink and watch games or whatever cause they know I'm not driving. Not risking custody issues with my daughter. But I know that if I go to watch a game I will want literally one to 2 beers then have some lunch and sober up before I leave. But I won't even risk that in WilCo. I live near Braker and 35 north so I'm not that far from RR, but I'd rather drive to somewhere central or even south than RR.

What was the problem with 3rd Base those last couple years? We dominated that place and I thought it was ok outside of the inbred hootinanie fan I almost got into it with......:aggressive:

Mean Machine
09-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Not sure, I never went dwon to 3rd base.
Would be nice to get us all in a central location.

ccdude730
09-14-2010, 10:57 PM
I will be in Austin for the weekend and I'm hoping to check out the game with some people from the board.

So.... where is everyone going to be at?!? Pluckers in Round Rock seems to be where the majority are heading (I think)

Mean Machine
09-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Yep, we are heading for Pluckers in Round Rock.
Go TEXANS!

hookinreds
09-15-2010, 09:24 AM
I'll be at Pluckers with my Bronco buddy, and maybe a couple others. We'll be at the outside bar area...they will have the volume on for the Texans game. Chicago and Baltimore both play at noon so there will be some of their fans left over since the GM is a Bear fan and has the Bears watch parties there, they play the Cowboys this week so there should be a full house at noon.

BigWig
09-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Myself and 3 others are going to the Pluckers on 183 and Burnet. Its a bit more central for us south folks and definately not in Wilco. The GM is a Texans fan and while I was eating lunch he spotted my watch and badge holder and said even if the Gurls are on he will always show Texans.

hookinreds
09-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Myself and 3 others are going to the Pluckers on 183 and Burnet. Its a bit more central for us south folks and definately not in Wilco. The GM is a Texans fan and while I was eating lunch he spotted my watch and badge holder and said even if the Gurls are on he will always show Texans.

Good for yall, that's awesome! To clarify the RR GM is a Bears fan, but the manager in RR is a Texans Fan...he was also the outside bartender previosly that helped Hardcore Texan and myslef make it through the not so pretty games in previous years. He always comes around to make sure us Texan fans are being taken care of properly. I enjoy the fact that there area always fans from a lot of differnet teams out there. Makes for some good conversation...and razzing.

Glad to hear you guys have a good location in your area!

Livid13
09-15-2010, 12:06 PM

Hey BW, could you be a bit more specific on the Plucker's Burnet location ?

Showtime100
09-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Hey BW, could you be a bit more specific on the Plucker's Burnet location ?

9070 Research Blvd. It's on the southwest side of the intersection.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Miscellaneous/pluckers.jpg

Livid13
09-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks !

Showtime100
09-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Pleasure to help. :)

ATRAIN
09-16-2010, 01:30 PM
9070 Research Blvd. It's on the southwest side of the intersection.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Miscellaneous/pluckers.jpg

Its not where the circle is, its inbetween the soccer and cycle shop. Its facing 183.

ATRAIN
09-16-2010, 01:34 PM

If I didnt have to work I would go. Wig is this going to be your away game spot? If so I might have to meet ya there for a few!!

BigWig
09-17-2010, 11:45 AM
If I didnt have to work I would go. Wig is this going to be your away game spot? If so I might have to meet ya there for a few!!

Well I would not say that always, after many years of trying to organize a fan club/watch party I just could not do it anymore. But I may make some there no doubt.

BigWig
09-17-2010, 11:46 AM

Change of plans, I am having some friends over and some co-workers so I will not be at Pluckers after all. If you do show, let me know how it is.

wagonhed
09-26-2010, 02:27 AM
I guess this is the only Austin game thread. I'm in town this weekend and wanted to hit up a bar with my brother.

From the looks of things, Pluckers at Burnet and 183 is the best bet to see some other Texans fans, so I guess that's where we'll be at. Unless someone has a better idea.

hookinreds
09-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Tear it up! I'll listen to see if we can hear y'all from the Pluckers in Round Rock. GO TEXANS!

Brisco_County
09-29-2010, 12:49 AM
I still go to Common Interest on Burnet near Anderson. 15 HD screens with NFL Sunday ticket, cheap drinks, and a full kitchen. They put the Texans game on the big screen.

C Madd
10-17-2010, 01:07 AM
I have my first Sunday off since football season started. Anyone meeting up to watch the game? I'm in south Austin and want to watch the game in a Texans friendly atmosphere.

Kaiser Toro
10-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Any thoughts on getting together for the MNF game next week?

hookinreds
10-26-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm too far north for you KT, but I'll be in my seat outside at the Pluckers in Round Rock for anyone in the area.

BigWig
10-27-2010, 08:46 AM
I won't be able I have band practice, so I will be dvr'ing the game and then watching it later, I hate it when that happens!
They have been doing some good stuff at Doc's down on Brodie in Sunset Valley!

C Madd
10-30-2010, 03:12 AM
Any thoughts on getting together for the MNF game next week?

Any ideas on where to meet up? I'm down as long as its not too far north.

Kaiser Toro
11-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Any ideas on where to meet up? I'm down as long as its not too far north.

I already set up a thing with some neighbors

Kaiser Toro
11-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Anyone want to get together? If it is a small crew I am thinking of hosting at my house since the wife will be out of town. I am in the 2222/360 area. If not, a bar works just as well.

hookinreds
12-13-2010, 12:17 AM
I'll be at Pluckers Round Rock ~ 515-530...come early, I'm only signing autographs until 6pm.

axman40
12-13-2010, 12:16 PM
I'll be at Pluckers Round Rock ~ 515-530...come early, I'm only signing autographs until 6pm.
How Mike Vick of you!
:texflag: