PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate compliment...

hookinreds
08-01-2010, 08:05 AM
...ok, so it's sort of about a coach/player.

I'm on vacation in the DC/Baltimore area and just got through taking the family to see some DC landmarks, and we finish up at the Whitehouse then head to catch the Metro back to Baltimore. By the Metro in Chinatown, my sons see McDonalds so we go in and eat. If you know the one I'm talking about, you know the crowd there, and why there's a cop at the door on a Friday night. I'm wearing a Texans Polo type "dryfit" shirt and as we are walking out the door, the cop stops me and asks me if I'm a former player or a coach for the Texans! My wifes head just drops and then she looks up at me with a big smile and rolls her eyes as I'm thinking to myself ' how "former" can I go with this, becuase I did play when I was younger...just not with the Texans...so, with chest sticking out more than his with the bullet proof vest, I said nope I'm a fan, shook his hand and thanked him for serving and protecting and we went on our way.

...oh and several people have stopped me Raven/Redskin fans to talk football and the Texans...at the end they all tell me to make sure we kill the Cowboys.

JB
08-01-2010, 08:07 AM

I'm on vacation in the DC/Baltimore area and just got through taking the family to see some DC landmarks, and we finish up at the Whitehouse then head to catch the Metro back to Baltimore. By the Metro in Chinatown, my sons see McDonalds so we go in and eat. If you know the one I'm talking about, you know the crowd there, and why there's a cop at the door on a Friday night. I'm wearing a Texans Polo type "dryfit" shirt and as we are walking out the door, the cop stops me and asks me if I'm a former player or a coach for the Texans! My wifes head just drops and then she looks up at me with a big smile and rolls her eyes as I'm thinking to myself ' how "former" can I go with this, becuase I did play when I was younger...just not with the Texans...so, with chest sticking out more than his with the bullet proof vest, I said nope I'm a fan, shook his hand and thanked him for serving and protecting and we went on our way.

...oh and several people have stopped me Raven/Redskin fans to talk football and the Texans...at the end they all tell me to make sure we kill the Cowboys.

Sweet! Props for representing way up in Yankee land!

CloakNNNdagger
08-01-2010, 08:31 AM

Next time you get that comment, you might tell them "That's NOT going to happen. It's not the Texans way. The Texans are too sophisticated and civilized to do that."

We'll just TEAR THEM APART.........limb from limb.........again, of course, in a "sophisticated and civilized manner.":)

hookinreds
08-01-2010, 09:20 AM

Thanks I'll be in the gear as in the heart of Yankee land end of next week.

False Start
08-01-2010, 09:41 AM

Every time I go out of state I sport my Texans, and Astros gear. Back in 95 I went to San Antonio, I was wearing my Olajuwon jersey at the mall, and I got a lot of dirty looks from the Spurs fans. I was loving it. :D

JB
08-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Every time I go out of state I sport my Texans, and Astros gear. Back in 95 I went to San Antonio, I was wearing my Olajuwon jersey at the mall, and I got a lot of dirty looks from the Spurs fans. I was loving it. :D

:goodpost:

BSofA04
08-01-2010, 10:13 AM

:mad:

Thanks for reminding me of how Robinson got owned by Olajuwon in 95. :brickwall:

False Start
08-01-2010, 10:36 AM

Thanks for reminding me of how Robinson got owned by Olajuwon in 95. :brickwall:

You're welcome. :D :shades:

Texas T
08-01-2010, 06:16 PM

That's excellent!! I sport my gear here in Jersey and just get sneered at.
I hope they are that nice when I'm at the 'Skins game and they get whooped by us.

Texanmike02
08-02-2010, 07:33 AM

Here's a nice clip of Robinson accepting his MVP trophy. Don't watch the last 2:30 or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW4uXlRGAF0

Mike

BSofA04
08-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Here's a nice clip of Robinson accepting his MVP trophy. Don't watch the last 2:30 or so.

Mike

Don't see the clip...idonno:

Texanmike02
08-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Don't see the clip...idonno:

Fixed it for ya. Sorry.